Palin's shrewd political moves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
edited because I can't get the link to work

Ordo
Its god telling you that Palin has made no shrewd poltical moves.

ares834
Originally posted by Ordo
Its god telling you that Palin has made no shrewd poltical moves.
lol

Bicnarok

The Dark Cloud
The post was linking (or trying to) to an atricle about her attempts to take over the tea party movement to further her political ambitions. Personally I hope she never gets anywhere but never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.....afterall, they elected Obama.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
The post was linking (or trying to) to an atricle about her attempts to take over the tea party movement to further her political ambitions. Personally I hope she never gets anywhere but never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.....afterall, they elected Obama.

Obama is certainly a better president than Bush. And he's definitely a better option than McCain.

Obama's also very intelligent and well educated. Certainly things we've been lacking.

Now, I do agree that Obama has been largely ineffective at change, has directly defied many of his campaign promises, and seems to be spending money like it's going out of style.

I still don't think Obama is that bad of a president. I don't think the American people are stupid for having elected him: I think they are stupid for their reasons on electing him. (Cause the average voter doesn't know shit about politics or their candidates.)

And, Palin would have been much much dumber than Bush and had some shitty policies that would have damaged relations with the world big time. Basically, take the worst about Bush, put into a GILF's body, and that would be Palin.

Adam_PoE
Immediately following a keynote speech during which she mocked Obama for his use of a teleprompter:

Sarah Palin used notes written on her hand to help her through a Q&A at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville, or, as the Huffington Post puts it, "a contrived lovefest with a smitten interviewer and an adoring audience."

Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy," "Budget Cut," "Tax," and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible.

http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c730253ef0120a86f9c1a970b-pi

CtcVMTZkTZQ

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by dadudemon
Obama is certainly a better president than Bush. And he's definitely a better option than McCain.

Obama's also very intelligent and well educated. Certainly things we've been lacking.

Now, I do agree that Obama has been largely ineffective at change, has directly defied many of his campaign promises, and seems to be spending money like it's going out of style.

I still don't think Obama is that bad of a president. I don't think the American people are stupid for having elected him: I think they are stupid for their reasons on electing him. (Cause the average voter doesn't know shit about politics or their candidates.)

And, Palin would have been much much dumber than Bush and had some shitty policies that would have damaged relations with the world big time. Basically, take the worst about Bush, put into a GILF's body, and that would be Palin.

I agree with you about Palin...but not Obama. I think he's good at giving speeches but that's about it. I don't think he understands how a lot of things work....especially economics. I do think McCain would have been the better choice, but not by much.

lord xyz
Palin's awful. At least Bush had people believing him.

overlord
palin is great for america

she'll probably give in to terrorristic threats and give them the world

Shakyamunison

Obama's also very intelligent and well educated. Certainly things we've been lacking...

I'm beginning to think you are wrong on both of those accounts. However, we will see.

King Kandy
Palin becoming a third-party candidate would be the best thing that could happen for america. And she's so surrounded by mindless adorers I could easily see her thinking she has a chance.

Ordo
Didn't we used to have a rule in this forum about no politics?

Symmetric Chaos

Yeah, but libfags wouldn't let it die.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by King Kandy
Palin becoming a third-party candidate would be the best thing that could happen for america. And she's so surrounded by mindless adorers I could easily see her thinking she has a chance.

It is funny how "surrounded by mindless adorers" was the phrase used by the right to describe Obama.

King Kandy
But the fact that he won the election is proof that in fact, he actually had wide support.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by King Kandy
But the fact that he won the election is proof that in fact, he actually had wide support.

Will you say that when Palin wins?

Quark_666
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is funny how "surrounded by mindless adorers" was the phrase used by the right to describe Obama. When you put it that way, it's kinda funny how similar she is to Obama. For evidence that she won't win, though, listen to the things she says.

Quark_666
Didn't we used to have a rule in this forum about no politics? Oh did we? Goodness gracious me, it HAS been a while! But gosh.... what else is there? Everything that matters depends on politics. Scientific development, poverty, the future of the earth.... what on earth would we want to talk about?

King Kandy
Will you say that when Palin wins?
Yeah, if Palin becomes president then I would kind of have to admit most Americans preferred her (minus electoral vote shenanigans). It's not really debatable.

The Dark Cloud

What's wrong with politics? It's easily one of the most important topics we can discuss. If you don't like political threads then just ignore them.

jaden101
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
What's wrong with politics? It's easily one of the most important topics we can discuss. If you don't like political threads then just ignore them.

When it descends into talking about her having writing on her hand then it's no longer a thread about politics. Unfortunately this is the way that almost all political based threads go on the forum nowadays.

I don't think it helps that most people are either apathetic towards or ignorant of the political situation in their respective home countries.

Between that and the polarization of political opinion means that just about every political debate turns into petty personal attacks.

I also think that in the US the belief that Obama would make a massive difference in a short period of time has led to even more people being turned away from politics disappointed and disillusioned at the apparent slow pace of any change (debatable whether there is any change at all).

Ordo
Originally posted by Quark_666
Oh did we? Goodness gracious me, it HAS been a while! But gosh.... what else is there? Everything that matters depends on politics. Scientific development, poverty, the future of the earth.... what on earth would we want to talk about?

By that lame logic, everythign depends on everything.

Lets be rational please.

And yes, politics gets a little annoying. Its one thing to watch egotistical theirteen year olds debate comics, its just depressing watching them try to wrap their prepubescent hands and brains around government policy.

dadudemon
By that lame logic, everythign depends on everything.

Lets be rational please.

And yes, politics gets a little annoying. Its one thing to watch egotistical theirteen year olds debate comics, its just depressing watching them try to wrap their prepubescent hands and brains around government policy.

There's really no one here that 13. Only Nemesis X is close to that age. Almost everyone here is 20 or older, that posts.

And, though we don't agree on everything, most everyone knows quite a bit more than the average voter. (UK and US.)

BackFire
So Palin is writing things on her hand like a 12 year old giving a presentation in social studies.

It has to be intentional self parody at this point. Really no other possibility.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
So Palin is writing things on her hand like a 12 year old giving a presentation in social studies.

It has to be intentional self parody at this point. Really no other possibility.

Maybe she should use a teleprompter, then she wouldn't have to think at all.

BackFire
She does. And she doesn't.

Shakyamunison
She does. And she doesn't.

Make up your mind. wacko

dadudemon
Make up your mind. wacko

lol

Here, I'll make it easier on ya:

Maybe she should use a teleprompter,

She does.

then she wouldn't have to think at all.

And she doesn't.

Capisce?

Shakyamunison
lol
Here, I'll make it easier on ya:
Capisce?

fyad

I mean thanks for the information.

Darth Jello
Since when does being a dumb, racist **** make you shrewd?

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Since when does being a dumb, racist **** make you shrewd?

You're right, or being a follower of a dumb racist. "GODDAMN AMERICA"!

Darth Jello
BTW, I've noticed that there are at least ten conservative women that you can refer to as ***** and not offend any women in the vicinity. They'll get up and arms and start talking about how repulsive the "C" word is but once you tell them that you were talking about Anne Coulter or Michelle Bachmann or Virginia Fox, they immediately say "Oh, never mind. No that's appropriate use of the word, she really is a ****."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Jello
BTW, I've noticed that there are at least ten conservative women that you can refer to as ***** and not offend any women in the vicinity. They'll get up and arms and start talking about how repulsive the "C" word is but once you tell them that you were talking about Anne Coulter or Michelle Bachmann or Virginia Fox, they immediately say "Oh, never mind. No that's appropriate use of the word, she really is a ****."

So, you have no problem with calling women the C word as long as no one gets mad at you? And you were talking about "dumb, racist ****". What about dumb sexist ****?

dadudemon
It's a "c" word?

I thought it was "poop." embarrasment

Darth Jello
Ain't sexist in the UK and it's only sexist if you use it as a general term for women, not toward specific women. It's one of those words that I reserve for very specific individuals and don't just throw around. For example, Margaret Thatcher-horrible human being but definitely not a ****. It has to be a combination of being a female of pure evil, shrillness, stubborness, and a quality that induces mild nausea followed by a minor spasm of the rectum upon hearing the name.
For men it's a little different. The male term is **********.

Shakyamunison
It's a "c" word?

I thought it was "poop." embarrasment

laughing

Darth Jello
It's a "c" word?

I thought it was "poop." embarrasment Yes, they're all "poops" and the men are "pooppoopers". This works better than asterisks.

Shakyamunison
Poop on both sides.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.