If you lost a hand....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Which of the following would you take as a replacement?

Ash's hand (Army of Darkness)

Luke Skywalker's hand (Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi)

Anakin Skywalker's hand (Revenge of the Sith)

LanceWindu
Are we talking about their replacement hands or their hands which got cut off?

Cherrywild
Ash's.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Are we talking about their replacement hands or their hands which got cut off? The artificial replacements.

RogerRamjet
Cpt. Hook's hand

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Cherrywild
Ash's. Me too yes

rader
Have you ever watched the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? well their was this guy who was a complete rip off of Ash, but he could put whatever he wanted to on his hand. Chainsaws, crossbows, crossbows that launched chainsaws, and other stuff I can't remember.

Rogue Jedi
Never heard of it.

rader
It doesn't help that I'm terrible a splaining things

Blinky
Originally posted by rader
Have you ever watched the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? well their was this guy who was a complete rip off of Ash, but he could put whatever he wanted to on his hand. Chainsaws, crossbows, crossbows that launched chainsaws, and other stuff I can't remember.

I loved that cartoon, seen that episode... 'twas f*ckin awesome. Ash also appeared in one episode -- randomly-- of an old 90's CGI show called "Reboot".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

RJ you should've included Gattsu's hand from Berserk.

Choosing Ash's hand(s) would be best, since you get both a fully functioning biotic-hand-gaunlet AND a chainsaw hand.

Rogue Jedi
"Chainsaw hand?"

LanceWindu
I'll have to go with Anakin's hand.

Rogue Jedi
Gay.

Alpha Centauri
Did you make this thread so you could tell us all you'd have Ash's hand?

I'd have anything BUT that, it's just impractical.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yeah but it looks cool, and he can crush steel goblets with it.

Ax3l
Originally posted by Blinky
I loved that cartoon, seen that episode... 'twas f*ckin awesome. Ash also appeared in one episode -- randomly-- of an old 90's CGI show called "Reboot".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

RJ you should've included Gattsu's hand from Berserk.

Choosing Ash's hand(s) would be best, since you get both a fully functioning biotic-hand-gaunlet AND a chainsaw hand. Reboot was the shit.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yeah but it looks cool,

Oh yes...very solid argument you got there.

and he can crush steel goblets with it.

And all three of the hands you posted would be able to crush the same steel goblet.

Rogue Jedi
Oh yes...very solid argument you got there.

And all three of the hands you posted would be able to crush the same steel goblet. Solid as a rock, babe.

Too bad Luke and Annie's hands were never shown displaying the strength that Ash's did. For all we know, they are no stronger than a regular hand.

Ax3l
I think of practicality. Homie can't jerk off with a chainsaw.

Just blew your minds.

LanceWindu
Since these hands are all fiction. Let me point to the Expanded Universe of Star Wars which has gone into detail about how strong the mechnoarms of Anakin and Luke are.

Luke, of course, controls his arm and doesn't make use of the increased strength. At least as far as we know.

Anakin, as Vader...he has put to use his stronger prosthetics.

Ax3l
Originally posted by Ax3l

Just blew your minds.

And I'm sure the robot hands have a vibrate function. That's just fun for everyone.

LanceWindu
And I'm sure the robot hands have a vibrate function. That's just fun for everyone.

This.

Rogue Jedi
Since these hands are all fiction. Let me point to the Expanded Universe of Star Wars which has gone into detail about how strong the mechnoarms of Anakin and Luke are.

Luke, of course, controls his arm and doesn't make use of the increased strength. At least as far as we know.

Anakin, as Vader...he has put to use his stronger prosthetics. Yeah, well, I still like Ash's hand. Less moving parts means less maintainence, plus it looks cooler.

BTW, this thread isn't about which hand is the best, it''s about which you would choose and why. It's not a contest.

LanceWindu
Yeah, well, I still like Ash's hand. Less moving parts means less maintainence, plus it looks cooler.

BTW, this thread isn't about which hand is the best, it''s about which you would choose and why. It's not a contest.

And I'm stating why I would use Anakin's hand.

Anakin was a tinkerer, he took the skinny little gold arm at the end of Episode 2 and turned it into what we see in Episode 3. He took an already powerful prosthetic and beefed it up. You know it's the shit.

Rogue Jedi
And I'm stating why I would use Anakin's hand.

Anakin was a tinkerer, he took the skinny little gold arm at the end of Episode 2 and turned it into what we see in Episode 3. He took an already powerful prosthetic and beefed it up. You know it's the shit. And Ash made a hand that was just as good out of medieval armor and craftsman tools. Who's better at making mechanical hands? Ashley.

LanceWindu
And Ash made a hand that was just as good out of medieval armor and craftsman tools. Who's better at making mechanical hands? Ashley.

His is more prone to rust, less grip, and a little unwieldy.

Anakin's hand has sensory tips that allow him to still feel objects with his replacement arm. Upgraded strength, aesthetically mimics human arm, still allowed to feel things which gives you a sense of normalcy.

Clear winner, IMO.

steverules_2
Whichever hand is best to masturbate with

Bardock42

Anakin's hand has sensory tips that allow him to still feel objects with his replacement arm. Upgraded strength, aesthetically mimics human arm, still allowed to feel things which gives you a sense of normalcy.

Clear winner, IMO.

Yeah, dude's got a point. I'd take Anakin's.

Hitosu Moriko
its ironic but my hand is the closest to needing a replacement

Rogue Jedi

Clear winner, IMO. Here you go with the contest shit again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Less grip? He caught a sword with it.
Rust? WD40.
Unwieldy? Didnt seem to bother him in battle, did it?

Rogue Jedi
And for the record, I'd take Luke's hand over Annie's any day of the week.

rader

Just blew your minds.
... Umm i have two hands so I'll be fine... just can't rub the scrote while I'm doing it. I should be fine

Rogue Jedi
Ambidexterity yes

That ACDC Chick
like Roxas... only with penises

Bardock42
Originally posted by Hitosu Moriko
its ironic but my hand is the closest to needing a replacement

That's not ironic! uhuh

The Power
Anakin's hand

chiaki
Anakin's Hand yes

Blinky
"Chainsaw hand?"

Yes, "Chainsaw hand", bologna t*ts.

Rogue Jedi
It wasn't a chainsaw hand.

rader
Yeah it's not, and you're losing sleep because I'm gonna have a chainsaw hand and you won't. High Fives are gonna be great.

Rogue Jedi
I'll take the boomstick.

rader
That's exactly what someone who radiates jealousy would say.

Rogue Jedi
The only thing radiating from me will be the buckshot as it rips you to bits. BOOM.

rader
Because you're jealous. It's cool we understand

LanceWindu
Here you go with the contest shit again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Less grip? He caught a sword with it.
Rust? WD40.
Unwieldy? Didnt seem to bother him in battle, did it?

Ok, he caught a sword...in a movie. Anakin's hand could actually exist in our world. Yes, Ash would have some kind of grip, but just metal forged to go over a living hand would be at a disadvantage compared to metal made to be the hand.

Get your head out of your ass, it's not a contest. Still just giving reasons why I choose Anakin's hand over the others.

Rust? Sure you can use WD-40, but the Anakin hand doesn't even need that.

The gauntlet would be unwieldy in every day situations. Imagine wiping your ass with that, or doing every day jobs. I'm not talking about on the battlefield.

And for the record, I'd take Luke's hand over Annie's any day of the week.

Why, exactly?

Yes, it looks more human. But I would want it to be exposed metal. You have Anakin's sensor tips for normalcy, but you also want to stand out and have the reminder of what happens when you're careless.

Also, I believe that Luke was more of a pacifist, probably dialed down the strength in his hand and never really tinkered with it. (This is all speculation.)

Rogue Jedi
Ok, he caught a sword...in a movie. Anakin's hand could actually exist in our world. Yes, Ash would have some kind of grip, but just metal forged to go over a living hand would be at a disadvantage compared to metal made to be the hand.

Get your head out of your ass, it's not a contest. Still just giving reasons why I choose Anakin's hand over the others.

Rust? Sure you can use WD-40, but the Anakin hand doesn't even need that.

The gauntlet would be unwieldy in every day situations. Imagine wiping your ass with that, or doing every day jobs. I'm not talking about on the battlefield.

Why, exactly?

Yes, it looks more human. But I would want it to be exposed metal. You have Anakin's sensor tips for normalcy, but you also want to stand out and have the reminder of what happens when you're careless.

Also, I believe that Luke was more of a pacifist, probably dialed down the strength in his hand and never really tinkered with it. (This is all speculation.) I'm ambidexterous, I can do everything left handed as well as I do right handed. The only real problem would be the thick fingertips on Ash's hands, imagine trying to dial a phone or type. laughing Simple fix, grind down the tips to the size of a human finger.

You don't have to be careless to lose your hand BTW.

Rogue Jedi
Side question......Who was the better "tinkerer?" Ash or Annie?

pgdarth95
monkeys hand :]

Mairuzu
Edward Elric.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.