Sentry Vs WonderWoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Current versions, Who wins?

quanchi112
Been done before and Sentry wins.

The Nuul
yodawg

Like this wasnt done before.

vansonbee
Sentry bust out pantheon ripper move, but by the legs. evil face

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
Been done before and Sentry wins.

Been done and there's mixed results- Sentry at his Molecule Man fighting level wins of course. Normal Sentry, on the other hand, merely has a bit of strength advantage but is majorly outskilled, and loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Been done and there's mixed results- Sentry at his Molecule Man fighting level wins of course. Normal Sentry, on the other hand, merely has a bit of strength advantage but is majorly outskilled, and loses. No way. This guy can stand toe to toe with WW Hulk, scare terrax off, and rip the god of war in half. Yeah, Sentry wins no matter which option the Sentry fights at.

Original Smurph
Diana beats all but the most powerful incarnation of Sentry

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Original Smurph

thumb up

Omega Vision

Q99
No way. This guy can stand toe to toe with WW Hulk, scare terrax off, and rip the god of war in half. Yeah, Sentry wins no matter which option the Sentry fights at.

Yea, I'm pretty sure Diana could do most of those.

And sure, he has brute force, but she has *aegis bracers*. Meaning if they're unskilled/predictable hits, she'll nullify them pretty much entirely. More than just brute force is needed to beat Wonder Woman. It helps, but skill is needed too, and Sentry is not particularly skilled, he just uses raw power.

quanchi112
Diana beats all but the most powerful incarnation of Sentry How so?Originally posted by Q99
Yea, I'm pretty sure Diana could do most of those.

And sure, he has brute force, but she has *aegis bracers*. Meaning if they're unskilled/predictable hits, she'll nullify them pretty much entirely. More than just brute force is needed to beat Wonder Woman. It helps, but skill is needed too, and Sentry is not particularly skilled, he just uses raw power. No, she couldn't just take WW Hulk blows she'd need to use skill. She also couldn't rip Ares in half imo.

Superman also lacks her skill yet he continually hits her as do others. He isn't just brute force alone. Brute force also seemed to help put Superman greatly against her. If Sentry hits her she goes down very quickly.

Ares was greatly skilled and it didn't help him all that much.

Original Smurph
How so? By using her various weaponry and limbs to subdue or KO him.

Superman also lacks her skill yet he continually hits her as do others. Superman's got superior feats to Sentry in hand to hand speed, skill and strength.

Q99
No, she couldn't just take WW Hulk blows she'd need to use skill.

Your argument makes little sense.

"She couldn't take on WWH, she'd need to use skill, which she has."

In *total overall combat ability*, she can go melee with WWH (and she's still tough enough against impacts to take some direct hits and keep going, but the point is, she does have bracers and dodging anyway).

He doesn't have quite her HtH skill, but he is still waaaaaay more skilled and experienced than Sentry, he's really good with all his powers and more skilled in flight. Skill wise, Diana > Clark >>> Bob. And that's being generous to Bob.

And if she just bracer-blocks all day? She's done that against foes stronger than normal Superman before (like Doomsdayified Superman).

And even no-holds-back Superman couldn't take her out quick because she fought back, dodged, broke free, etc., so I question your analysis.

"If Sentry hits her she goes down quickly" is like saying "If Nightcrawler doesn't teleport he goes down quickly," it's a useless statement without taking into consideration overall combat abilities.

If Sentry just stands there, Wonder Woman can take him down in 10 seconds no prob too.

This is a fight, not a 'who can stand there and take hits' competition.

Ares was a class 70 with none of her gear or speed or weapons or flight. He's a lot less tough, less strong, and less tricked out. Diana could curbstomp Ares in just as fast.

Give Ares Captain America's shield, Thors belt of strength and armor, and have Flash lend him a lot of speed and it'd be almost a comparable situation.

-Pr-

Lord Feron
This again...

bbrem123
By using her various weaponry and limbs to subdue or KO him.

Superman's got superior feats to Sentry in hand to hand speed, skill and strength.

ko him...dont think he can be koed there buddy...he is made of pure energy...physical damage means nothing to him...look what ares axe did...nothing

all it did was get himself ripped in half

Mshinu
WW cuts Sentry with her sword..
Black tentacles emerge for the rapestomp.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by bbrem123
ko him...dont think he can be koed there buddy...he is made of pure energy...physical damage means nothing to him...look what ares axe did...nothing Diana's lassoed beings made of pure energy in the past buddy. And that really only applies to post-MM Sentry- I was referring to how she could beat all but MM Sentry, and to all but the current incarnation, physical blows would prove effective. As for the current incarnation, as I pointed out, she can still subdue him with the lasso pretty easily.

bbrem123
u r right physical did work before so i see where u r coming from...but i dont kno man...i dont think the lasso would do all that much

Original Smurph
She's lassoed beings with no physical form before. I don't really see any argument for Sentry avoiding it.

JakeTheBank
I don't see how napalming his soul and fragile psyche wouldn't effect him.

bbrem123
his fragile psyche? yea ok...he is more then just strength...he doesnt have to touch her to mess her up

JakeTheBank
his fragile psyche? yea ok...he is more then just strength...he doesnt have to touch her to mess her up

What would he do?

bbrem123
make her explode? jsut a thought...she wouldnt even have time to lasso him

have u not been seeing what current sentry has been doing?

JakeTheBank
make her explode? jsut a thought...she wouldnt even have time to lasso him

So why doesn't he just make people explode then?

bbrem123
cuz he likes rip them in half too!

bbrem123
his last two victims were exploded and ripped in half

Original Smurph
Iirc, Wonder Woman is resistant to transmutation and matter manipulation...

Regardless, she's faster, and CIS is on. So he wouldn't just explode her, if that's even possible.

bbrem123
yes he will...current sentry/void doesnt give two shits...and now she is more resistant then MM himself...dont think so

bbrem123
it was much more close before the MM incident...after sentry stomps her

Q99
it was much more close before the MM incident...after sentry stomps her

Yea, that's the general consensus. Sentry as he's been a lot of his career = Wonder Woman win. Sentry as he's grown into, Sentry wins.

bbrem123
im arguing that sentry currently would stomp here...that is all

JakeTheBank
yes he will...current sentry/void doesnt give two shits...and now she is more resistant then MM himself...dont think so

So why didn't he "explode" Ares? Or Thor? Or Absorbing Man?

Answer: he can't do it easily or at will, despite the SINGLE comic that shows him somehow besting Owen and under dubious circumstances. Even if he can do it at a whim and chooses not to for whatever reason, CIS, as previously stated is still on.

Current Void/Sentry/Whatever beats Diana after a good fight.

Anything less gets beat.

Original Smurph
yes he will...current sentry/void doesnt give two shits...and now she is more resistant then MM himself...dont think so Pretty sure everybody has said that if Sentry is at his MM levels, he'll win.

You can keep reiterating that point if it helps you on some level, but it's not bringing anything new to the discussion.

bbrem123
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So why didn't he "explode" Ares? Or Thor? Or Absorbing Man?

Answer: he can't do it easily or at will, despite the SINGLE comic that shows him somehow besting Owen and under dubious circumstances. Even if he can do it at a whim and chooses not to for whatever reason, CIS, as previously stated is still on.

Current Void/Sentry/Whatever beats Diana after a good fight.

Anything less gets beat.

it would make for a bad comic...sentry is insane he kills whatever way he feels like it...osborne give him the go ahead

and no it would not be close....before MM incident it would have...i said what i had to and ur in denial...soooooo i done with this argument

bbrem123
Pretty sure everybody has said that if Sentry is at his MM levels, he'll win.

You can keep reiterating that point if it helps you on some level, but it's not bringing anything new to the discussion.

no people are saying it would be a close fight...current sentry vs WW would not be all that close and im arguing that

JakeTheBank
no people are saying it would be a close fight...current sentry vs WW would not be all that close and im arguing that

Why wouldn't it be?

quanchi112
So why doesn't he just make people explode then? Because it makes for a boring story. the same reason Thor doesn't use his most powerful attacks when his friends lives are on the line.

By using her various weaponry and limbs to subdue or KO him.

Superman's got superior feats to Sentry in hand to hand speed, skill and strength. Based on which showings? who has easily just showed a voided out Sentry up thus far?

You do realize a voided out sentry is a lot more dangerous than the heroic Sentry.

Ares is also very skilled and it did him a lot of good. Originally posted by Q99
Your argument makes little sense.

"She couldn't take on WWH, she'd need to use skill, which she has."

In *total overall combat ability*, she can go melee with WWH (and she's still tough enough against impacts to take some direct hits and keep going, but the point is, she does have bracers and dodging anyway).

He doesn't have quite her HtH skill, but he is still waaaaaay more skilled and experienced than Sentry, he's really good with all his powers and more skilled in flight. Skill wise, Diana > Clark >>> Bob. And that's being generous to Bob.

And if she just bracer-blocks all day? She's done that against foes stronger than normal Superman before (like Doomsdayified Superman).

And even no-holds-back Superman couldn't take her out quick because she fought back, dodged, broke free, etc., so I question your analysis.

"If Sentry hits her she goes down quickly" is like saying "If Nightcrawler doesn't teleport he goes down quickly," it's a useless statement without taking into consideration overall combat abilities.

If Sentry just stands there, Wonder Woman can take him down in 10 seconds no prob too.

This is a fight, not a 'who can stand there and take hits' competition.

Ares was a class 70 with none of her gear or speed or weapons or flight. He's a lot less tough, less strong, and less tricked out. Diana could curbstomp Ares in just as fast.

Give Ares Captain America's shield, Thors belt of strength and armor, and have Flash lend him a lot of speed and it'd be almost a comparable situation. No, I said physically she can't take many sentry hits and gave WW Hulk as an example of the amount of punishment he can take which she can't. If she slams into a few Hulk punches she's getting ko'd. Sentry was purposely letting him hit him. He won't be fighting like that here but if he does he'd ko her and rather quickly.

Again, Ares is way more skilled than the sentry and it didn't help him. That axe shot seemed to just irritate the Sentry. That's how insanely dangerous an all out Sentry is. The entire team of the dark avengers has always maintained if he ever goes nuts there is nothing any of them combined can do to stop him.

Supes ko'd her and with one good punch. She's ko'd if she doesn't re enter the atmosphere. Fight over. That's all it takes against Diana and without the plot protecting her on here she goes down and hard.

My point is Ares didn't even phase the Sentry. His void powers shrugged off that axe blow like it was nothing. Yeah, Sentry breaks her. Originally posted by Original Smurph
Diana's lassoed beings made of pure energy in the past buddy. And that really only applies to post-MM Sentry- I was referring to how she could beat all but MM Sentry, and to all but the current incarnation, physical blows would prove effective. As for the current incarnation, as I pointed out, she can still subdue him with the lasso pretty easily. I guess you haven't read the siege then if you are going to say she can easily subdue him. There is no easy at all when it comes to the Sentry when it comes to beating him. If he decides to void out he could take multiple WW at once like they were nothing.

Original Smurph
I guess you haven't read the siege then if you are going to say she can easily subdue him. There is no easy at all when it comes to the Sentry when it comes to beating him. If he decides to void out he could take multiple WW at once like they were nothing. What about Siege makes you believe that he wouldn't be subdued by the lasso?

quanchi112
What about Siege makes you believe that he wouldn't be subdued by the lasso? I didn't say he wouldn't or couldn't I had a problem with you saying WW does it easily. I for one don't her getting the lasso around him but really thought it was preposterous for you to assume it's an easy thing to do.

Original Smurph
I didn't say he wouldn't or couldn't I had a problem with you saying WW does it easily. I for one don't her getting the lasso around him but really thought it was preposterous for you to assume it's an easy thing to do. She's tagged far faster people with it, and people who use battle speed far more often. She's also tagged people who are typically far more powerful in battle.

So, you tell me why it wouldn't be relatively easy and then we can work from there.

quanchi112
She's tagged far faster people with it, and people who use battle speed far more often. She's also tagged people who are typically far more powerful in battle.

So, you tell me why it wouldn't be relatively easy and then we can work from there. If we look at the showings Superman uses speed and the showings Sentry uses speed and break it down via appearance I think Sentry uses his speed more often. Sentry can avoid it just like Superman can.

Again, this is the sentry at his best. He physically stomps her.

Wild Shadow
i use to gladly and proudly say sentry gets stomped by any flying brick with common sense now im afraid.... sad

i just dont know any more....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i use to gladly and proudly say sentry gets stomped by any flying brick with common sense now im afraid.... sad

i just dont know any more.... If sentry holds back and is afraid of his own powers he tends to look bad but wheen he's sure of himself and not afraid to cut loose the guy's an absolute monster. You have to read at the end of siege 2 fury's speech telling them to stay away from the Sentry because you can't beat him. It's awesome stuff.

MM simultaneously destroyed mjolnir, SS's board, CA' shield. Sentry is apparently above him, so destroying every piece of WW's equipment with a thought should be easy. The reason he doesn't 'just blow people up' isn't CIS, it's PIS. There would be nowhere to go with the story if he flips out, solos marvel earth and then blows his own head off.

Whether or not WW has displayed some resistance to matter manipulation is irrelevant because the sentry managed to do it to MM and it's unthinkable that her resistance to it would be greater than his.

Physically, he is at least a match for her, but even if she is the bettter warrior and blitzer what would that acomplish? Decapitation won't kill him, atomic desintegration won't kill him, he just reforms.

Besides this, what people don't seem to realize is that his brand of reality warping/matter manipulation have always been the sentry's powers. He just dressed them as superman-like powers because of his mental limitations. His strengh and speed, his durability and regeneration were all just him warping himself and the world arround him. If he wants her ripped in half, he will rip her in half, it doesn't matter how much more durable than ares she might be.

Even inexperienced with the true nature of his powers this is a stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
MM simultaneously destroyed mjolnir, SS's board, CA' shield. Sentry is apparently above him, so destroying every piece of WW's equipment with a thought should be easy. The reason he doesn't 'just blow people up' isn't CIS, it's PIS. There would be nowhere to go with the story if he flips out, solos marvel earth and then blows his own head off.

Whether or not WW has displayed some resistance to matter manipulation is irrelevant because the sentry managed to do it to MM and it's unthinkable that her resistance to it would be greater than his.

Physically, he is at least a match for her, but even if she is the bettter warrior and blitzer what would that acomplish? Decapitation won't kill him, atomic desintegration won't kill him, he just reforms.

Besides this, what people don't seem to realize is that his brand of reality warping/matter manipulation have always been the sentry's powers. He just dressed them as superman-like powers because of his mental limitations. His strengh and speed, his durability and regeneration were all just him warping himself and the world arround him. If he wants her ripped in half, he will rip her in half, it doesn't matter how much more durable than ares she might be.

Even inexperienced with the true nature of his powers this is a stomp. Exactly. People should know better than to think he'll use this tactics against Thor or anyone else for that matter.

Well said my good man. Sentry in a stomp like I claimed way back when.

bbrem123
Originally posted by 753

Even inexperienced with the true nature of his powers this is a stomp.
thumb up well put

bbrem123
Exactly. People should know better than to think he'll use this tactics against Thor or anyone else for that matter.

Well said my good man. Sentry in a stomp like I claimed way back when.

haha wow...our sig r pretty close

carver9
If this is confidence Sentry, even before the MM incident, he'll win this 8/10. Current Sentry wins 10/10 and easily if you ask me (and I love Wonder Woman and always tend to vote for her).

And when has Sentry ever been koed and during fights, EVERY fight, Sentry ALWAYS use his speed. Supes and Wonder Woman might have MORE showings than Sentry in regards to using their speed but Sentry use his speed in EVERY fight more consistant than the both of them put together.

Warlord
Sentry doesn't need to be at MM beating level...just Terrax beating level smile

Warlord
So why doesn't he just make people explode then?

I guess for the same reason Thor doesn't godblast peopleall the time and superman doesn't use counter vibrations against any opponent.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Warlord
I guess for the same reason Thor doesn't godblast peopleall the time and superman doesn't use counter vibrations against any opponent.

Right, CIS.

And there's no reason for him to assume he can offensively matter manipulate people instantly or "explode" them in a forum setting unless the OP specificially states that CIS is off.

quanchi112
haha wow...our sig r pretty close At least we have different images to the left and the right.

Diff avatars too. Scythe made it. If you notice I have void specks throughout the sig as well that appeared in the first page of da 13 in the sky.

Warlord
Right, CIS.

And there's no reason for him to assume he can offensively matter manipulate people instantly or "explode" them in a forum setting unless the OP specificially states that CIS is off.

That goes for both I guess. I mean I don't see WW getting him in her lasso at once as she more likely would like to trade some punches.
IMO Sentry at the right mindset (terrax, dr doom, collective, gennis) could beat her after a hard fight.

jobber sentry goes down hard

as for current, he seems to be a big deal....let's wait to see more

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by 753
MM simultaneously destroyed mjolnir, SS's board, CA' shield. wasnt that classic MM? huh

anyway Sentry still wins (he turn WW into his b**** (his dog i mean evil face ))

carver9
Right, CIS.

He does not need to use matter manipulate in this fight, he is just overrall more powerful.

I cant see Wonder Woman standing up during all of that pure energy Sentry was using against WW Hulk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Warlord
That goes for both I guess. I mean I don't see WW getting him in her lasso at once as she more likely would like to trade some punches.
IMO Sentry at the right mindset (terrax, dr doom, collective, gennis) could beat her after a hard fight.

jobber sentry goes down hard

as for current, he seems to be a big deal....let's wait to see more In the right mindset he stomps her via morgana, terrax, ares, mm showings.

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
wasnt that classic MM? huh

anyway Sentry still wins (he turn WW into his b**** (his dog i mean evil face ))

It was, but they never retconned his feats, just his position in the cosmic hierarchy, so that is still within his power. Post-retcon mm feats remained consistant with that power level (to break all that stuff I mean, not to have LT begging for help), just look at his multidimensional battle with the beyonder or the way he handled the dark avengers.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by 753
It was, but they never retconned his feats, just his position in the cosmic hierarchy, so that is still within his power. Post-retcon mm feats remained consistant with that power level (to break all that stuff I mean, not to have LT begging for help), just look at his multidimensional battle with the beyonder or the way he handled the dark avengers. wait one current MM DEFINITLY weaker then classic version

current MM warp the omniverse in small ways (plants becoming alive & burgers going hungry & all that lol) plus its actually his power & beyonders power combine wich did that

classic MM a lot better he can allmost match PR Beyonder & he can bust a billion universes with 1 blast, plus he FIX the omniverse with wave of hand after all the mess PR Beyonder made smokin'

not sayin it take classic MM level to affect Surfers board Caps sheild & Thors hammer, but we dunno if current MM (or Sentry) could do it that easy...especially Thors hammer wich is magical (it was unafected by Beyonders blast same blast wich destroyed Caps sheild)

Q99
Yea, and Ares would get absolutely stomped by Diana. If she went all-out she'd rip his head off.

What is with your arguments?

"Wonder Woman's a bit behind in strength, but way more skilled and has gear, speed, and several other advantages that make up for it and then some" "Yea, but Ares, who's also really skilled (at a fraction of the strength and speed) lost, so therefore skill is useless!"

That's an intellectually bankrupt argument.

Wonder Woman can use all her powers at once, believe it or not.

We're comparing the whole characters' across-the-board combat ability, not ignoring their speed, skill, toughness, or leaving out their gear like you are.

So you think hitting atmo at probably a few hundred mach has a *healing* effect at people, eh?

As opposed to her actual healing powers bringing her out of it in the same few seconds?

Hm, maybe everyone's been taking Wolverine's healing factor the wrong way. It's not the healing factor that fixes him up, it's the falling to the ground.

Oh, and btw, it's not one good punch when it's following other attacks including but not limited to full-strength heat vision to the face and being strangled likewise at full power (even Diana needs bloodflow to the brain).

King Kandy
Sentry still has CIS so he probably won't get the easy win of just turning her into a pineapple, but outside of her lasso she has nothing that can put him down. Sentry wins 7/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, and Ares would get absolutely stomped by Diana. If she went all-out she'd rip his head off.

What is with your arguments?

"Wonder Woman's a bit behind in strength, but way more skilled and has gear, speed, and several other advantages that make up for it and then some" "Yea, but Ares, who's also really skilled (at a fraction of the strength and speed) lost, so therefore skill is useless!"

That's an intellectually bankrupt argument.

Wonder Woman can use all her powers at once, believe it or not.

We're comparing the whole characters' across-the-board combat ability, not ignoring their speed, skill, toughness, or leaving out their gear like you are.

So you think hitting atmo at probably a few hundred mach has a *healing* effect at people, eh?

As opposed to her actual healing powers bringing her out of it in the same few seconds?

Hm, maybe everyone's been taking Wolverine's healing factor the wrong way. It's not the healing factor that fixes him up, it's the falling to the ground.

Oh, and btw, it's not one good punch when it's following other attacks including but not limited to full-strength heat vision to the face and being strangled likewise at full power (even Diana needs bloodflow to the brain). I doubt it. I don't think she's anywhere near as strong as the Sentry.

I am not ignoring anything.

No, it did reawaken her as it clearly pointed out. Outside that environment she does down. End of story.

bbrem123
At least we have different images to the left and the right.

Diff avatars too. Scythe made it. If you notice I have void specks throughout the sig as well that appeared in the first page of da 13 in the sky.

nice...yea i was just messing around with photoshop see if i could make one lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.