Magneto vs. Sersi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Can Magneto resist being transmuted?

Magneto also has a very fast reaction time.

Both at full power.

pinksushi1
Bump

Harbinger
Sersi.

Hum... it's conceivable his powers offer some resistance to transmutation, but I think he has no on panel showings of this. His reaction time is supposed to be 0.013 second. How fast is she? I can see him winning if he attacks first with an EMP or iron rip, otherwise it's gonna be complicated, she can probably affect him inside the shields.

pinksushi1
Can Magneto counter transmutation?

Originally posted by pinksushi1
Can Magneto counter transmutation?

He has some transmutation feats himself, but they're nowhere near her level. Also, just how 'immortal' and indestructible is she?

pinksushi1
I don't see why Magneto can't rip her in half.

Konton
Because it's hard to rip someone in half when they just turned you into salt.

pinksushi1
Magneto has a faster reaction time. Also, Magneto can counter transmutation.

Konton
Sersi is superhuman, I doubt even peak reactions like Magneto's surpass hers.

Proof of your transmutation claim?

pinksushi1
Magneto has atomic and molecular control over his own body. That is how he resists transmutation. Not a good argument, but still something.

Originally posted by Konton
Sersi is superhuman, I doubt even peak reactions like Magneto's surpass hers.

Proof of your transmutation claim?

He's made a solid comb out of the air before and IRCC the caption says it envolved subatomic transmutation, but it strained him. He has altered metal in the 'molecular' (metal doesn't have molecules) and subatomic level before, it's a lot easier for him do metal. He also altered organic molecules and manipulated the metabolism of others in the molecular level through direct (manipulation of ions and neutral atoms) and indirect ways (UV irradiation with extremely fine control).

Most of these should be in his respect forum. There is also a fanmade site dedicated to him that has all of these, but it's been ages since I saw it, I'll try to find it.

He does not, however, have molecular control of his own body, not like apocalipse or thanos do anyway. But he can channel his powers trhough his own body to increase his strengh, durability, stamina and speed, presumabily he can do to himself any of the metabolism manipulation he does to others. But it's far from claiming atomic control over himself.

Since his powers deal with electromagnetic force that makes atoms and molecules what they are it's conceivable they provide some passive defense against it, but feats are ellusive. In fact protheus did manage to turn some, but not all of the iron in his blood into lead. One could think that proves he doesn't a have resistance to it and the only reason proteus did not do it all the way or turn him into glass was PIS, or that he has a partial resistance to it and that's why he survived. Of course protheus is a reality warper not just a mater manipulator, so it's not exactly the same scenario.

His reaction time is something like 0.013 seconds and an EMP could propbably shut her down immediatly, iron rip and tearing her apart should work too. How durable and fast is she?

Warlord
sersi

the ninjak
If the basic idea of this fight is that both combatants can see each other before they fight, then Mags goes down.

Konton
Originally posted by 753
His reaction time is something like 0.013 seconds and an EMP could propbably shut her down immediatly, iron rip and tearing her apart should work too. How durable and fast is she?

Speed is debatable. She was fast enough to duck in and out of a rift in space-time to save Crystal.

Durability is solid. She can survive reentry into the atmosphere, she brushed off hurricane force winds, she took Vision's phased/solidified fist to the head, she's been shown pretty much immune to heat damage, and she's been completely atomized by Blastaar and then reassembled herself.

She definitely has more control over her own body AND Magneto's body than he does. He's toast.

Even if he were to start to iron rip her or something before hand, which I doubt would be the case with her actually being superhuman, she could just revert the process and turn him to salt.

darthgoober
Has Sersi ever transmuted someone through a force field because from what I understand her powers we stopped by IW's. I know Mag's and Sue have different types of force fields so it's entirely possible that his won't work against Sersi like that, but it is something to take into consideration.

Originally posted by Konton
Speed is debatable. She was fast enough to duck in and out of a rift in space-time to save Crystal.

Durability is solid. She can survive reentry into the atmosphere, she brushed off hurricane force winds, she took Vision's phased/solidified fist to the head, she's been shown pretty much immune to heat damage, and she's been completely atomized by Blastaar and then reassembled herself.

She definitely has more control over her own body AND Magneto's body than he does. He's toast.

Even if he were to start to iron rip her or something before hand, which I doubt would be the case with her actually being superhuman, she could just revert the process and turn him to salt.

I don't doubt that she has much better overall matter manipulation including of living systems. But when it comes to a metal and they are both struggling for control over the iron in her blood, he would probably win. Then again, if she can attack him simultaneously, things would likely get complicated for him.

Since she can reassemble, would tearing her apart put her down long enough for a victory? How long does it take?

Enyalus
Originally posted by 753
He's made a solid comb out of the air before and IRCC the caption says it envolved subatomic transmutation, but it strained him.
Yeah, he does this feat in Secret Wars I think, while trying to seduce Janet. Although it doesn't strain him.

But certainly Sersi's matter manipulation is superior to Mags. And like Konton said, she wins.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah, he does this feat in Secret Wars Although it doesn't strain him.

He looked like he was constipated and trying to take a dump to me.

Enyalus
Originally posted by 753
He looked like he was constipated and trying to take a dump to me.
That's just his seduction face.

Originally posted by Enyalus
That's just his seduction face.

Now I know why the ladys are all over him. Think I might try that one myself

Konton
Originally posted by 753
I don't doubt that she has much better overall matter manipulation including of living systems. But when it comes to a metal and they are both struggling for control over the iron in her blood, he would probably win. Then again, if she can attack him simultaneously, things would likely get complicated for him.

Since she can reassemble, would tearing her apart put her down long enough for a victory? How long does it take?

Sersi has DIRECT control over her own body while Magneto has to manipulate energy to influence the blood in her. She has allot less work to do and far more vast power reserves than he does. I doubt she would even have to focus too hard and would end up salting him.

Well, she didn't reassemble instantly but it was within a few pages of her destruction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.