What do you people think of fanfiction posters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
ok so maybe this is EU...but it really does have something to do with EPIII...over at www.theforce.net there are a bunch of fanfiction posters that are interesting....

Catch 22
Of those that I've seen I have been impressed by a number.

I had a ton sent to me for Episode II. I thought some of them were better that the actual posters that LFL produced.

Julie
I'm not sure if I've seen all of them...but I probably have since I checked a long time ago...there was a very nice selection of posters....I kinda wondered what how these people did them...lots of computer work...do you think it's hard to put the posters together?

Catch 22
I think it depends more on your skill than anything else. The majority of themn are basically digitally altered pictures from arund the net.

There are very few that are actually orginal pieces.

Guy Legace was one of the few who produced original pieces, but unfortunately he no longer has the time to do them. sad

Julie
Why not???? Yeah, I recognize most of the pictures...still it takes more skill and time then I have:-)

Captain REX
Julie, that's pretty much what I do when I make signatures: cut and paste and paint. Quite easy once you get the hang of it, but boring if it gets too difficult.

Julie
cool....sounds like fun....I doubt I'll ever likely try it, but hey I can see that you are quite good at it...so props to you Capt Rex

Julie
uhh...what's with the green things, catch?

Julie
ok...I think you guys can close this one:-)

Catch 22
Dunno, he had a website and his work was shown on most of the big star wars sites, then one day he sent our an email saying that he no longer had the time to devote to producing them, he closed his website and disappeared into the night.

On of his best was an AOTC poster with Clone troopers on it. He had a really nice hi-res version on his website which I was able to print out on phot paper and it now sits on my sons mantlepiece in his bedroom.

Catch 22
Oh, they just bounce.....

GordonSkywalker
I like fanfiction posters for Episode III. I saw one with Anakin wearing the robes of a sith,complete with the Vader Lightsaber.I cannot speak for the rest,but that one looked pretty cool.

Member.
They're cool.

LanceWindu
I've seen a poster of the Darth Vader body with the mask removed but the face part still on where it had Hayden's face with cuts on it.

It looked pretty sweet.

Mujaffa
raver

GordonSkywalker
That one sounds pretty cool.

Julie
I like most of them.....very few of them do I dislike yup yup.....fun to look at they are

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.