Sentry Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xJLxKing
Who wins?

This is Sentry based on his fight vs MM in DA12

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Who wins?

This is Sentry based on his fight vs MM in DA12

Unstoppable shitstorm, coming up

Nihilist
One thing for sure Sentry aint ripping Thanos in half or destroying him like he did Molecule Man.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
NO, Sentry has complete control over molecules. MM alone can be huge challenge for Thanos. Sentry wins

quanchi112
NO, Sentry has complete control over molecules. MM alone can be huge challenge for Thanos. Sentry wins I don't see Sentry doing to Thanos what he did to MM. Sorry, I know this was a bait thread in order to trap me. A blind man could see it, but seriously Thanos wins.

SoulDevourer
Thanos use to be warp-proof or somethin but then they retconed that, right? huh (he got turn to stone)

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Thanos use to be warp-proof or somethin but then they retconed that, right? huh (he got turn to stone) That was a much weaker Thanos who was taken off guard by warlock's ghost returning.

SoulDevourer
That was a much weaker Thanos how weaker? huh

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
how weaker? huh Death upgraded him when she brought him back. I think a lot weaker.

"Id"
Originally posted by Nihilist
One thing for sure Sentry aint ripping Thanos in half or destroying him like he did Molecule Man.

Right you are.

Only Drax gets the pleasure. peaches

SoulDevourer
Death upgraded him when she brought him back. I think a lot weaker. u mean the "turn to stone" thing happen before the IG Quest thing? (dont remember TBH)

xJLxKing
Death upgraded him when she brought him back. I think a lot weaker. There is nothing to say that he was A LOT WEAKER

quanchi112
There is nothing to say that he was A LOT WEAKER That's my opinion. I think she made him quite a bit more powerful looking at the Odin showing especially but feel free to disagree.

Thanos still wins this.

xJLxKing
That's my opinion. I think she made him quite a bit more powerful looking at the Odin showing especially but feel free to disagree.

Thanos still wins this.
So you just assume anything to make yourself feel better? Okay thumb up

quanchi112
So you just assume anything to make yourself feel better? Okay thumb up I gave you my explanation. Do you feel the older Thanos could have taken on Odin like he did in blood and thunder? Did you read any of these stories first off?

Xplosive
I don't see Sentry doing to Thanos what he did to MM.

And what could possibly Thanos do to Sentry? There is more of a chance Sentry is becoming (or actually revealing) so powerful to destroy Thanos (if not already enough powerful) than Thanos stopping him. Thanos can't win this.

For now I don't see anyone doing something to other, but still giving more chance to Sentry.

dmills
Well since MM < Thanos and Sentry pwned MM, I guess Sentry wins. Even if it disgusts me to say it. But then again, Thanos alway's seems to find a way. Can't wait to see how Thor does against Bob.

godking
Thanos easily

Dumb bricks are fodder to him.

Thanos intellect >>>> Sentrys power

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Xplosive
And what could possibly Thanos do to Sentry? There is more of a chance Sentry is becoming (or actually revealing) so powerful to destroy Thanos (if not already enough powerful) than Thanos stopping him. Thanos can't win this.

For now I don't see anyone doing something to other, but still giving more chance to Sentry.

Thanos could say, blow Sentry's head off.

Would put him down long enough for a TKO.

supremthor
Thanos wins but not sure how yet sense sentry cant be destroyed physically, Sentry ripping ares apart was piss and a great indication of his power level, and the whole sentry defeating MM was IMO due to MM being unprepared cuss he had assumed he defeated sentry already. Thanos on the other hand is used facing characters with a higher power level then sentry. Sentry is like superboy prime without the whole sounding like a 5 year old.

carver9
Honestly, MM>Thanos and thats being generous BUT this is a good fight but I'm leaning a little towards Sentry.

The guy is unstoppable and all of thanos efforts would be kind of pointless.

Lets not even include Sentrys energy output which people tend to forget about.

By the way, Thor is a beast, I could see Thor giving anyone under skyfather a fight.

Mshinu
Thanos convinces Sentry to try a twelve step program

godking
Originally posted by carver9
Honestly, MM>Thanos and thats being generous BUT this is a good fight but I'm leaning a little towards Sentry.

The guy is unstoppable and all of thanos efforts would be kind of pointless.

Lets not even include Sentrys energy output which people tend to forget about.

By the way, Thor is a beast, I could see Thor giving anyone under skyfather a fight. Thanos still wins this

Sentry is pretty dumb and very easily controlled/deceived.

Thanos outwits Sentry.

Thanos intellect has always beaten brawn.

carver9
Originally posted by godking
Thanos still wins this

Sentry is pretty dumb and very easily controlled/deceived.

Thanos outwits Sentry.

Thanos intellect has always beaten brawn.

A sentry that isnt paying attention to anything Thanos is saying and is just going straight for the kill is the Sentry that I'm talking about.

The quiet Sentry.

quanchi112

For now I don't see anyone doing something to other, but still giving more chance to Sentry. Because Thanos is well above most threats and can forceblock him ftw. I don't see how the sentry kills Thanos at this point tbh or defeats him.

carver9
Because Thanos is well above most threats and can forceblock him ftw. I don't see how the sentry kills Thanos at this point tbh or defeats him.

Force block isnt working, Sentry can teleport.

Cartesian Doubt
I don't see Sentry doing to Thanos what he did to MM. Sorry, I know this was a bait thread in order to trap me. A blind man could see it, but seriously Thanos wins.

delusions of grandeur aside, I agree.

There's no way Thanos is going to be as un prepared as MM, or Ares. I think the Void has the power to kill Thanos and vice versa, but Thanos experience and cunning is always going to get him the majority.

Nihilist
There is nothing to say that he was A LOT WEAKER Mistress Death greatly increased his power, to the point he could journey through the nexus of reality trying to tear him apart( thats every reality in the univrse). Thanos said in his previous incarnation he wouldnt have been able to withsatnd it.

Colossus-Big C
current sentry is the wrath of Toaa.(marvels spectre)

spite
Closed

King Kandy
Sentry will win, except for the possibility of thanos getting a win with TP.

WhiteWitchKing
So you just assume anything to make yourself feel better? Okay thumb up

Open up Thanos Quest and read the first couple of pages. She gave him a power up to accomplish his task of decreasing the universe's population.

A sentry that isnt paying attention to anything Thanos is saying and is just going straight for the kill is the Sentry that I'm talking about.

The quiet Sentry.

Sentry got duped by Norman and has been taking orders from Norman like a dog. Thanos is a much better manipulator.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
current sentry is the wrath of Toaa.

spite
Closed fail

Colossus-Big C
fail Fail sick

quanchi112
Force block isnt working, Sentry can teleport. You can't just teleport out of it you have to break it open with power of your own.Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
delusions of grandeur aside, I agree.

There's no way Thanos is going to be as un prepared as MM, or Ares. I think the Void has the power to kill Thanos and vice versa, but Thanos experience and cunning is always going to get him the majority. Thanos' cunning and his keen intellect is his greatest strength. Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Open up Thanos Quest and read the first couple of pages. She gave him a power up to accomplish his task of decreasing the universe's population.

Sentry got duped by Norman and has been taking orders from Norman like a dog. Thanos is a much better manipulator. Thanos would have Norman washing his chopper if he wanted.

Oh wait that isn't canon.
shifty

King Kandy
You can't just teleport out of it you have to break it open with power of your own.
Lol, based on what? Sentry can just make it disappear with his MM powers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Lol, based on what? Sentry can just make it disappear with his MM powers. Because we have only seen characters break free using their power. I admit this is sort of a grey area.

Colossus-Big C
Closed.

King Kandy
Thor didn't have teleportation so he couldn't have anyway. Odin didn't need it. Saying it has the property to stop teleportation is just inventing powers that don't exist.

That said, Sentry can turn the forceblock into helium or water or whatever. It poses no threat.

Nihilist
We know Sentry is vulnerable to a decent hit.

Colossus-Big C
why isnt this closed?
spite in sentrys favor.

quanchi112
Thor didn't have teleportation so he couldn't have anyway. Odin didn't need it. Saying it has the property to stop teleportation is just inventing powers that don't exist.

That said, Sentry can turn the forceblock into helium or water or whatever. It poses no threat. Then why didn't Odin? Again, I am just going by the comics here and the fact that power was required to breach it. Do you think Thanos would use such a tactic if simple teleportation was all that was needed to escape it?

quanchi112
why isnt this closed?
spite in sentrys favor. How is it spite?

Colossus-Big C
How is it spite? sentry is the wrath of Toaa he is marvels spectre.

JakeTheBank
So now Sentry can transmute elements?

dmills
Sentry as he is being written RIGHT NOW could take it IMO. But Thanos will find a way to get some wins you can bet that.

JakeTheBank
sentry is the wrath of Toaa he is marvels spectre.

I very sincerely doubt it.

The Void is probably something all together different, and he's obviously egomaniacal enough to claim that he's God.

Lord Feron
Sorry Sentry was overriding MM control over molecules which is a absolute ridiculous feat imo. (A feat that should never have happened...)

I don't see How Thanos is going to react to it. Having his molecules manipulated like that, Don't think Thanos can win.

quanchi112
sentry is the wrath of Toaa he is marvels spectre. We don't know that for sure.

carver9
Sentry can teleport out of a force block, dont see any reason why he cant.

Sentry wins the majority and when has Sentry been koed by physical force? Can someone show me a scan.

Nihilist
Sentry can teleport out of a force block, dont see any reason why he cant.

Sentry wins the majority and when has Sentry been koed by physical force? Can someone show me a scan. Void Sentry or any Sentry?

King Kandy
Then why didn't Odin? Again, I am just going by the comics here and the fact that power was required to breach it. Do you think Thanos would use such a tactic if simple teleportation was all that was needed to escape it?
Odin didn't need to teleport because he easily could break out of it. Meanwhile Thanos said it was still being tested. It's a block of force. Attributing it with anti-teleportation properties is senseless, when it's actual capabilities are right in it's name.

carver9
Void Sentry or any Sentry?

Any Sentry without a plot device.

bbrem123
Void Sentry or any Sentry?

if we are using current void/sentry i dont see how thanos can take him out...but then again he is thanos

he needs to use his mind not strength and power, because he will lose if he fights that way

Parmaniac
Sentry wins the majority and when has Sentry been koed by physical force? Can someone show me a scan. He was burned out by WWH and BFR punched by Thor he wasn't knocked out but still hasn't returned to fight Thor shifty

Thor: 1
Sentry: 0 Happy Dance

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He was burned out by WWH and BFR punched by Thor he wasn't knocked out but still hasn't returned to fight Thor shifty

Thor: 1
Sentry: 0 Happy Dance

Yeah, I knew WWH was coming up. Wasnt that the first time Sentry ever let loose. Its kind of obvious that he would tax out.

Thor? Well Thor has that amazing hammer and thor has recently busted through the indestructible Destroyer armor like he was busting through paper with that same hammer.

Thor is a beast and I think thor has the powerset and hitting power to beat almost anyone.

JakeTheBank
Thor is a beast and I think thor has the powerset and hitting power to beat almost anyone.

I knew there was a reason why I can remotely stand you and your posts. thumb up

stick out tongue

Nihilist
Any Sentry without a plot device. Blue Marvel koed him,Ms Marvel did in Mighty Avengers (with a sucker punch), She Ultron iirc, thats just off the top off my head.

And who has ever physically koed Thanos?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I knew there was a reason why I can remotely stand you and your posts. thumb up

stick out tongue

LOL,

Whatever.

carver9
Blue Marvel koed him,Ms Marvel did in Mighty Avengers (with a sucker punch), She Ultron iirc, thats just off the top off my head.

And who has ever physically koed Thanos?

Blue Marvel didnt ko Sentry, he stunned the hell out of him and that punch sent him past many of planets. That was a hard a** punch.

When did Ultron KO him?

I'm not giving Sentry the win off of a KO, I just see him thrashing Thanos until Thanos himself gives the f*** up or just take a beating until he gets bfred.

JakeTheBank
I think Thanos is as much of an anti-brick as you can possibly be in comics. Sheer strength, speed, and energy output isn't going to put down Thanos, not without plot device, which I'm sure Sentry will be able to tap into sooner or later. Thanos is far too smart and has was more options than a disturbed top tier powerhouse.

bbrem123
everybody knows sentry was a pussy before he has been getting voided out...him currently i dont see getting koed...doesnt seem possible

WWH would get stomped by current sentry so bring that up is kinda dumb same with blue marvel...sentry was acting like a chump then

Parmaniac
Blue Marvel didnt ko Sentry, he stunned the hell out of him and that punch sent him past many of planets. That was a hard a** punch. For some reason I have in mind that it just sended him into space close to earth cause he bursted through a Spaceshuttle.

Nihilist
Blue Marvel didnt ko Sentry, he stunned the hell out of him and that punch sent him past many of planets. That was a hard a** punch.

When did Ultron KO him?

I'm not giving Sentry the win off of a KO, I just see him thrashing Thanos until Thanos himself gives the f*** up or just take a beating until he gets bfred. BM koed him, you can clearly see he is flat out with his eyes rolled back.
She Ultron koed him i think

Thanos givng uplaughing out loud and Sentry hasnt show he is anything like PG Thor Tyrant or the Thanos doppleganger in terms of power.

bbrem123
I think Thanos is as much of an anti-brick as you can possibly be in comics. Sheer strength, speed, and energy output isn't going to put down Thanos, not without plot device, which I'm sure Sentry will be able to tap into sooner or later. Thanos is far too smart and has was more options than a disturbed top tier powerhouse.

yea his durability is ridiculous...but then again sentry regeneration is also ridiculous

this really is a tough one to judge

JakeTheBank
At this point in time, Sentry has shown to be more or less immortal.

That doesn't = unable to be harmed. People are better off using immense levels of physical damage than trying to disintegrate him.

bbrem123
i wonder what would happen if he got the crap beat out of him and all of those tentacles started to come out completely...would he just turn into some mosnter thing?

JakeTheBank
^ He'd probably become something you'd see in naughty Japanese cartoons.

SoulDevourer
cant Thanos use life-drain on Sentry? that give him a chance

carver9

Sentry is more than a brick and carry a lot of versatility in his powerset.

carver9
For some reason I have in mind that it just sended him into space close to earth cause he bursted through a Spaceshuttle.

Naah, he was flying past planets. I think by showings of punches that THAT was one of the hardest punches I have seen in comics.

He punched him out of earths atmosphere and the sentry kept racing past planetoids.

carver9
BM koed him, you can clearly see he is flat out with his eyes rolled back.
She Ultron koed him i think

Thanos givng uplaughing out loud and Sentry hasnt show he is anything like PG Thor Tyrant or the Thanos doppleganger in terms of power.

He was awake after that punch but he was stunned and ALMOST koed but again, that was one of the hardest punches I have seen in comics.

She ultron didnt ko him.

Thanos would give up and Thanos fought pg thor but he then relied on a plot device because he couldnt keep thor down. That same plot device isnt in this battle.

Nihilist
He was awake after that punch but he was stunned and ALMOST koed but again, that was one of the hardest punches I have seen in comics. F*ck me, can you read, he was sparko'd.He wasnt moving, like i said his eyes glazed over.

As i said i wasnt to sure, but She rocked him with her punches(it was all so Sentry when his eyes were blacked out, like the Void) and that was prolly the weakest Ultron.

Your gonna have to show any scans of Thanos giving up in a fight.

Thanos used the guntech because Thor had a endless supply of enrgy/stamins/ durabilty to drew upon via the gem, and the Sentry can run out of energy(just like he did against Hulk)

carver9
F*ck me, can you read, he was sparko'd.He wasnt moving, like i said his eyes glazed over.

As i said i wasnt to sure, but She rocked him with her punches(it was all so Sentry when his eyes were blacked out, like the Void) and that was prolly the weakest Ultron.

Your gonna have to show any scans of Thanos giving up in a fight.

Thanos used the guntech because Thor had a endless supply of enrgy/stamins/ durabilty to drew upon via the gem, and the Sentry can run out of energy(just like he did against Hulk)

And like I said, that was one of the hard punches that i have seen in comics. We are talking about a guy (BA) that threw a emblem and almost ripped the moon in half.

Ultron was throwing punches that almost leveled the city. No ultrons has ever done that and its kind of obvious that it was top tier punches or above.

I cant show you a scan of Thanos giving up in a fight because it never happened but I know he'll get that a** whipped in a fight like this.

quanchi112
Odin didn't need to teleport because he easily could break out of it. Meanwhile Thanos said it was still being tested. It's a block of force. Attributing it with anti-teleportation properties is senseless, when it's actual capabilities are right in it's name. He said that before it worked on Thor. You're trapped in pure force block so unless you have the amount of force required to break free it was a smashing success. Thanos added it to his person later on against Odin because it worked. Remember the gun only had one shot available. he taunted the surfer with it.

Any Sentry without a plot device. Are you serious?

galactusischere
Thanos rips this biatch in half. Even the MM version.

Nihilist
And like I said, that was one of the hard punches that i have seen in comics. We are talking about a guy (BA) that threw a emblem and almost ripped the moon in half.The moon you say, OMGZ!!!...all means nothing, Thanos destroyed a planet just in a lock up with Drax.

And Thanos punches are not well above top tier then, lmfao.

Prove it then, seeing as Thanos has dealt with strength, energy projection and all round power than anything the Sentry has ever shown.

Blanket
Thanos gets his ass whooped because Sentry beat Ares, and did something that won't work on Thanos against MM.

The logic overpowers any and all doubt I have against Sentry.

carver9
The moon you say, OMGZ!!!...all means nothing, Thanos destroyed a planet just in a lock up with Drax.

And Thanos punches are not well above top tier then, lmfao.

Prove it then, seeing as Thanos has dealt with strength, energy projection and all round power than anything the Sentry has ever shown.

Its not the fact that it was the moon, it was how he almost split the moon in half. He used a emblem the size of your hand vs a moon that is 1/3 the planet earth.

Yes, Thanos punches are far above top tier and with that said, you made a good point. I still cant see Thanos Koing Sentry.

I agree with your last statement also. I'm leaning towards stalemate..

Blanket
Its not the fact that it was the moon, it was how he almost split the moon in half. He used a emblem the size of your hand vs a moon that is 1/3 the planet earth.

Yes, Thanos punches are far above top tier and with that said, you made a good point. I still cant see Thanos Koing Sentry.

I agree with you last statement also. I'm leaning towards stalemate.. Almost, doesn't equal did. The guy had a bit of trouble Namor as well... funny thing is, so did Void Sentry...

What has Sentry done to make you think he can't be KO'ed? Molecular manipulation over one's body doesn't make one invincible to a KO.

Sentry now stalemates Thanos. And they say Thanos is overrated here...

Parmaniac
So now Sentry can transmute elements? He defeated MM in his own game, I know MOLECULE Man but seriously the way his powers work he must be able to alter even the elements themself.

carver9
Originally posted by Blanket
Almost, doesn't equal did. The guy had a bit of trouble Namor as well... funny thing is, so did Void Sentry...

What has Sentry done to make you think he can't be KO'ed? Molecular manipulation over one's body doesn't make one invincible to a KO.

Sentry now stalemates Thanos. And they say Thanos is overrated here...

I know almost doesnt equal did BUT he wasnt even trying to split the moon, he just threw the emblem away.

He has always been a beast in my eyes with a little mental problems. With that gone, I cant see him being koed.

I dont think Thanos is overrated and I also dont think Sentry is overrated.

Blanket
I know almost doesnt equal did BUT he wasnt even trying to split the moon, he just threw the emblem away.

He has always been a beast in my eyes with a little mental problems. With that gone, I cant see him being koed.

I dont think Thanos is overrated and I also dont think Sentry is overrated. K. That makes that feat worth mentioning here. I mean, if Blue Marvel can almost split the moon in half by not trying to, then that means Sentry can take the hardest hit ever without being KO'ed (Protip: he was KO'ed).

How do mental problems make Sentry susceptible to being KO'ed?
All it does is potentially limit the power he can output.

I'm making a broader point. Begins with Sentry being overrated, and ends with Sentry being overrated.

Nihilist
Oh and Sentry was one shotted by Anti Matter man.

carver9
K. That makes that feat worth mentioning here. I mean, if Blue Marvel can almost split the moon in half by not trying to, then that means Sentry can take the hardest hit ever without being KO'ed (Protip: he was KO'ed).

I'm making a broader point. Begins with Sentry being overrated, and ends with Sentry being overrated.

LOL, just forget it. I'll let you have this one.

carver9

Stop lowballing.

Blanket
LOL, just forget it. I'll let you have this one. Thanks for letting me have that one Carver.

I'd hate to see what you would have done to me if we had continued this discussion.

JakeTheBank

Totally forgot about that.

I'll probably read Legend of the Blue Marvel again this week.

carver9
Thanks for letting me have that one Carver.

I'd hate to see what you would have done to me if we had continued this discussion.

LOL, I would have owned you.

carver9
Totally forgot about that.

I'll probably read Legend of the Blue Marvel again this week.

So I guess you didnt see what level of power the writer were trying to put anti matter man at?

Blanket
LOL, I would have owned you. That's why I'm glad you stopped when you did. Little old me couldn't handle a thrashing at the hands of big strong you.

Parmaniac
Who the hell is antimatter man? Blue Marvel?

carver9
That's why I'm glad you stopped when you did. Little old me couldn't handle a thrashing at the hands of big strong you.

OMG mad

carver9
K. That makes that feat worth mentioning here. I mean, if Blue Marvel can almost split the moon in half by not trying to, then that means Sentry can take the hardest hit ever without being KO'ed (Protip: he was KO'ed).

Sentry wasnt koed, he was stunned.

Mental problems played a huge game into Sentrys powerset. It made him physically and mentally weaker.

Sentry isnt overrated, hes hated because some people dont want to put him at the powerset that he is suppose to be at.

JakeTheBank
Who the hell is antimatter man? Blue Marvel?

It was his friend turned archenemy.

carver9
It was his friend turned archenemy.

Now answer my question that I asked you.

Parmaniac

Mental problems played a huge game into Sentrys powerset. It made him physically and mentally weaker.

Sentry isnt overrated, hes hated because some people dont want to put him at the powerset that he is suppose to be at. No people hate him because he flucuates between a football stadion hotdog seller and God himself and had over all the time no really defined powerset Marvel just kept adding stuff without explanations...

JakeTheBank
Now answer my question that I asked you.

What? This?

So I guess you didnt see what level of power the writer were trying to put anti matter man at?

Don't see how it's relevant to this at all.

carver9
What? This?

Don't see how it's relevant to this at all.

Because you all are using Antimatter man as a low showing when in the story it explains just how powerful this guy is.

Sentry took punches from WWH that busted his face up. The same guy (WWH) that was stated as having a powerlevel off of the charts by reed, strange, and shield but yet, the anti matter man punched Sentry one time and Sentry said that he never felt a punch like that from anyone. confused

Blanket

Sentry isnt overrated, hes hated because some people dont want to put him at the powerset that he is suppose to be at. Carver, way to go back on your word and own me. I feel ashamed, embarrassed, and quite frankily, a little suicidal. I hope this hangs on your conscious.

Out of pure desperation, and trying to make myself feel better, I will reply though. Go easy on me.

---

Stunned doesn't equal eyes closed, and floating out in space. The onyl thing that was stunned, was his brain at being one shotted.

And how does this factor into his chin? How does him now being competant make him unable to be KO'ed by Thanos (the guy who one shots the type of people who one shot Sentry)? Just because you're holding back, that doesn't mean your chin is going to be worse.

He's hated because the fanboys come out of the woodwork after one feat and put him above Galactus (true story). And start praising MM and saying how high he is, and at the same time telling how powerful Sentry is. People don't just hate characters because they're powerful (fluctuation might play a part though). They hate characters because they're shoved down people's cock ticklers.

JakeTheBank
Because you all are using Antimatter man as a low showing when in the story it explains just how powerful this guy is.

Sentry took punches from WWH that busted his face up. The same guy (WWH) that was stated as having a powerlevel off of the charts by reed, strange, and shield but yet, the anti matter man punched Sentry one time and Sentry said that he never felt a punch like that from anyone. confused

And?

The problem is Sentry isn't as impervious as people are making him out to be. Immortal? For all intents and purposes, sure. Unable to get his shit wrecked? No.

carver9
Carver, way to go back on your word and own me. I feel ashamed, embarrassed, and quite frankily, a little suicidal. I hope this hangs on your conscious.

Out of pure desperation, and trying to make myself feel better, I will reply though. Go easy on me.

---

Stunned doesn't equal eyes closed, and floating out in space. The onyl thing that was stunned, was his brain at being one shotted.

And how does this factor into his chin? How does him now being competant make him unable to be KO'ed by Thanos (the guy who one shots the type of people who one shot Sentry)? Just because you're holding back, that doesn't mean your chin is going to be worse.

He's hated because the fanboys come out of the woodwork after one feat and put him above Galactus (true story). And start praising MM and saying how high he is, and at the same time telling how powerful Sentry is. People don't just hate characters because they're powerful (fluctuation might play a part though). They hate characters because they're shoved down people's cock ticklers.

Well, I can kind of agree with the one shot but its not the one shot you are putting it at since he wasnt sleep.

It factors a lot with his chin. You go from one point of him taking punches from one of the strongest hulks to him falling to herc. You have him at one point dropping to dooms magic to him defeating doom twice and easily.

I agree with the last statement but I think other people hate him for other reasons that I'm not going to give.

carver9
And?

The problem is Sentry isn't as impervious as people are making him out to be. Immortal? For all intents and purposes, sure. Unable to get his shit wrecked? No.

I agree with this also.

Blanket
Well, I can kind of agree with the one shot but its not the one shot you are putting it at since he wasnt sleep.

It factors a lot with his chin. You go from one point of him taking punches from one of the strongest hulks to him falling to herc. You have him at one point dropping to dooms magic to him defeating doom twice and easily.

I agree with the last statement but I think other people hate him for other reasons that I'm not going to give. K. He wasn't sleeping but his eyes were closed floating in space. Maybe he was just daydreaming about how good his chin is at him taking such a shot.

Neither of those examples has to do with his chin (one doesn't even have to do with his body). Herc kneed him in the nuts. Doom used a simple spell, and it ****ed Sentry up (after taking cheapshot). The first time he 'defeated' Doom, he pounded away on an unsuspecting drained Doom, and only resulted in a bfr (no KO). The second time, he broke through his shields on again an unsupecting Doom, and ripped his mask off. That's it, no KO. If you're going to use those as examples of his mindset preventing a KO... then uh dunno.
However, there is something funny I gain from reading this. You used the WWH example, so I will as well. Sentry ran out of power against Hulk. What makes you think he won't run out of power against Thanos?

You already gave your reasons I thought. People hate him because they don't want him at the power level he should be.
That is what you said, isn't it? So why can you not give a reason now? Did your reasoning change that much in a post?

carver9
K. He wasn't sleeping but his eyes were closed floating in space. Maybe he was just daydreaming about how good his chin is at him taking such a shot.

Neither of those examples has to do with his chin (one doesn't even have to do with his body). Herc kneed him in the nuts. Doom used a simple spell, and it ****ed Sentry up (after taking cheapshot). The first time he 'defeated' Doom, he pounded away on an unsuspecting drained Doom, and only resulted in a bfr (no KO). The second time, he broke through his shields on again an unsupecting Doom, and ripped his mask off. That's it, no KO. If you're going to use those as examples of his mindset preventing a KO... then uh dunno.
However, there is something funny I gain from reading this. You used the WWH example, so I will as well. Sentry ran out of power against Hulk. What makes you think he won't run out of power against Thanos?

You already gave your reasons I thought. People hate him because they don't want him at the power level he should be.
That is what you said, isn't it? So why can you not give a reason now? Did your reasoning change that much in a post?

He was dazed which in a forum, the way he was dazed would lead to a defeat but again, that was a hard ass punch like none I have seen in a comic.

Current Sentry>>WWH Sentry, thats why. I cant see the energy thing running out on Sentry again and lets not even think about all the free shots that Sentry let hulk get which should also take its toll on his body.

Yeah, my reasoning would change a LOT in my post, thats why I want to leave it alone.

Blanket
He was dazed which in a forum, the way he was dazed would lead to a defeat but again, that was a hard ass punch like none I have seen in a comic.

Current Sentry>>WWH Sentry, thats why. I cant see the energy thing running out on Sentry again and lets not even think about all the free shots that Sentry let hulk get which should also take its toll on his body.

Yeah, my reasoning would change a LOT in my post, thats why I want to leave it alone. He was dazed now? I did not realized that when you're dazed you float in space with your eyes closed.
Also, why was it that hard (since I'm sure you're not hyping the shit out of it)? Because it removed him from the planet? I'm sure you're enjoy this, but even 90's Superman has done that as well.

So, Sentry's energy reserves are now higher, because his power might be higher? Wouldn't that actually be counter productive looking at it from that angle? Meaning he's more powerful, so wouldn't he output more energy?
And Thanos doesn't need free shots on him. His blasts, or punches will take a toll on Sentry, using that argument as an actual argument. There's also the chance of BFR as well... since Sentry apparently doesn't get back to the battlefield very fast when he's *not* one shotted by Thor, and Absorbing Man...

What's to stop it from changing again? Eventually, anything can contradict itself enough so that something finally makes sense.

Batman-Prime
Thanos wins 6/10

carver9
Again, being one shotted by BA isnt bad at all since......

He almost split the moon in half just by throwing a emblem the size of my hand...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3187/scan0004ui0.jpg

And he stood on two feat and lifted a meteor that was the size of arkansas and had the weight of that same state.

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/bluemarvelasteroidxb0.jpg/

Blanket
Again, being one shotted by BA isnt bad at all since......

He almost split the moon in half just by throwing a emblem the size of my hand...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3187/scan0004ui0.jpg

And he stood on two feat and lifted a meteor that was the size of arkansas and had the weight of that same state.

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/bluemarvelasteroidxb0.jpg/ The argument at the moment isn't about whether it was bad or not to be one shotted. It was if BA one shotted Sentry. By your post, it seems you've changed your mind on the issue.
Also funny how this answers nothing, but only goes to show BM feats, and as such go on about something I said earlier; IE, people praising MM in an effort to make Sentry seem all powerful.
Although...
I like how he actually whips the thing at the moon, and doesn't split the moon in half. Hell, he doesn't even do much damage. I'm sure it would take more than that to split a moon in half, but I'm no expert.

Impressive. But that doesn't even say he did it alone, let alone stood on his two feet and lifted a meteor. Considering you're not going to lift a meteor if the thing's falling down, and you're not going to be standing either...
Not sure what this proves though, but I guess it's interesting.

carver9
The argument at the moment isn't about whether it was bad or not to be one shotted. It was if BA one shotted Sentry. By your post, it seems you've changed your mind on the issue.
Also funny how this answers nothing, but only goes to show BM feats, and as such go on about something I said earlier; IE, people praising MM in an effort to make Sentry seem all powerful.
Although...
I like how he actually whips the thing at the moon, and doesn't split the moon in half. Hell, he doesn't even do much damage. I'm sure it would take more than that to split a moon in half, but I'm no expert.

Impressive. But that doesn't even say he did it alone, let alone stood on his two feet and lifted a meteor. Considering you're not going to lift a meteor if the thing's falling down, and you're not going to be standing either...
Not sure what this proves though, but I guess it's interesting.

LOL, he carried the meteor to a planet but I agree, the feats was pointless. I also agreed a while back that Sentry could be koed and I also changed my vote to I dont know yet.

I'm not praising Sentry due to that one MM feat, I have been praising him a while back, even without that feat.

Blanket
LOL, he carried the meteor to a planet but I agree, the feats was pointless. I also agreed a while back that Sentry could be koed and I also changed my vote to I dont know yet.

I'm not praising Sentry due to that one MM feat, I have been praising him a while back, even without that feat. Right.
What can Sentry do to Thanos though? I mean, you not knowing has to have something on the back of your mind.

I was making a comparison to how you seemingly did it with BM. Praise him to make Sentry seem awesome.

bbrem123
haha i love how people bring up old showings of sentry when he is clearly on a different level now

h1a8
Hell the terrax Sentry could hand Thanos his arse.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Hell the terrax Sentry could hand Thanos his arse.

no

h1a8
no

How not? Please explain. Because we all know what terrax can do with his axe and Sentry caught it casually and broke it practically yawning.

You think Thanos can duplicate or better that? If so then tell why you think so.

psycho gundam
cause strength feat mean nothing, it's all about speed right?

shokosugi
Thanos buttrapes Sentry

JakeTheBank
Thanos "combo to ko's" Sentry

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
cause strength feat mean nothing, it's all about speed right?

Right! I don't know if Thanos is faster though. Plus the Terrax Sentry appeared as if even Thanos couldn't phase him at all (possibly isn't powerful enough to even stun Sentry).

But the current Sentry can do the MM without needing speed. Right!

psycho gundam
i was being sarcastic. no expression

thanos has oneshotted morg (iirc), a guy who beat terrax pretty much every time they met.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i was being sarcastic. no expression

thanos has oneshotted morg (iirc), a guy who beat terrax pretty much every time they met.

Thanos beat down Maker but some how that's over shadowed by Sentry beating Molecule Man. Sentry rips apart Ares but let's put that able Thanos walking all over Surfer and Fallen One, both of whom are above Ares in power.

h1a8
^Its not who but how.

Ripping a teenage boy in half is a much greater feat than just beating a full grown adult male.

psycho gundam
which one of those is "forgotten one" and the god-damned maker?

quanchi112
^Its not who but how.

Ripping a teenage boy in half is a much greater feat than just beating a full grown adult male. Most characters though don't attempt to rip people in half. that being said no one is ripping Thanos in half so it's irrelevant.

Hell the terrax Sentry could hand Thanos his arse. Why?

AlmightyKfish
^Its not who but how.

Ripping a teenage boy in half is a much greater feat than just beating a full grown adult male.

Beating the Maker in any way, shape or form > Ripping Ares in half.

bbrem123
and what about beating MM at his own game...that doesnt count as anything?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Beating the Maker in any way, shape or form > Ripping Ares in half.
Don't kid yourself. Maker was incredibly unstable psychologically. Its like outsmarting the Secret Wars Beyonder doesn't prove great power, just that you can outwit a naive cosmic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Don't kid yourself. Maker was incredibly unstable psychologically. Its like outsmarting the Secret Wars Beyonder doesn't prove great power, just that you can outwit a naive cosmic.

Problem is, they exchanged blasts before any "outsmarting" took place. He put her down physically then mind rapted her. So really that point is moot

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Don't kid yourself. Maker was incredibly unstable psychologically. Its like outsmarting the Secret Wars Beyonder doesn't prove great power, just that you can outwit a naive cosmic. Thanos matched the Maker in power though. He didn't outsmart her he beat her ass and then easily took her out. Context.

Xplosive
Because Thanos is well above most threats and can forceblock him ftw. I don't see how the sentry kills Thanos at this point tbh or defeats him.
Good answer. I asked you what could Thanos do to him and you say above other threats. Under his own power, Thanos can't do anything to Sentry (he isn't stopping him). There is more chance Sentry destroying him (which I can't see for now), because Thanos has no chance. For now I can't see other finishing the other one, but giving the edge to Bob.

AlmightyKfish
Good answer. I asked you what could Thanos do to him and you say above other threats. Under his own power, Thanos can't do anything to Sentry (he isn't stopping him). There is more chance Sentry destroying him (which I can't see for now), because Thanos has no chance. For now I can't see other finishing the other one, but giving the edge to Bob.

What do you mean he can't do anything to Bob?

Sentry was melting down to bones just from being in the sun, whereas Thanos has handled beings who can fly through stars without a scratch...

Just because he can't do anything to Sentry permanently doesn't mean he can't KO him.

Thanos matched power with the Maker, then fired an energy blast through her forehead, lobotomising her. Nothing to do with smarts there really, other than the fact he didn't blast her apart once she hit the floor, and instead lobotomised her....

No outsmarting a cosmic naive there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.