Wizard Shazam vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
This is Shazam, as in the Wizard of the Rock of Eternity, not Captain Marvel or Freddy Freeman's alias. Now before someone claims spite and/or bait thread, hear me out. I've noticed a lot of Superman supporters claim that Superman is far more magically resistant than what people give him credit for. Is there anyway Superman can beat Shazam? Can he do it for a majority?

1st Scenario: Battle takes place in a neutral setting, no prep. BFR, PIS off.

2nd Scenario: Battle takes place at the Rock of Eternity. Superman has 6 hours of prep, Shazam has none. BFR off, PIS off.

3rd Scenario: Battle takes place at the Rock of Eternity. Both participants have 24 hours worthy of prep. BFR, PIS, CIS all off.

quanchi112
Shazam wins.

Galan007
Unless part of Superman's 'prep' is bringing Spectre to the battle, then he would get annihilated by Shazam.

Warlord
Shazam wtf?

xJLxKing
Superman already fought Shazam when he was a host. He was barely taking hits from Shazam.

-Pr-
Honestly Jake, how is this not spite?

AsbestosFlaygon
Superman is resistant to magic, yes.. but to a degree he can handle.

I doubt he could against a wizard of Shazam's caliber.

Philosophía
This is supposed to somehow prove a point about.. Superman vs Loki ?

Allankles
I can see Superman pulling something off in scenario 2. He goes and get's himself some Nth metal or similar anti-magic items and he can win. Any other scenario, we know from the comics he'd lose.

EDIT: Scenario 3 he might have glimmer if a chance too, depending on how effective an Nth Metal suit would be in the Rock of eternity.

AsbestosFlaygon
Or he just dons his Cosmic Armor.

Superman has a closet full of Cosmic Armors. We just don't know it yet.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly Jake, how is this not spite?

At his highest showings, Superman has been shown to be highly resistant to magic according to other posters. I'm unaware of said showings, so I'm legitmately asking for examples as to where to gauge his power level against said magical threats.

I'm not trying to bait anyone or even spite Superman. Do I think Shazam would win? Yes, but I'm not so rigid in my thinking that I would completely dismiss the possibility of him beating Shazam based on the other threats (including magical ones) Superman has overcome. Sorry if anyone feels like it is intentionally spite or otherwise.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
I can see Superman pulling something off in scenario 2. He goes and get's himself some Nth metal or similar anti-magic items and he can win. Any other scenario, we know from the comics he'd lose.

EDIT: Scenario 3 he might have glimmer if a chance too, depending on how effective an Nth Metal suit would be in the Rock of eternity. With 6 hours of prep against shazam in the rock of eternity? Do you think he's reed or something?

Endless Mike
Superman can call the Phantom Stranger to put a magic immunity spell on him like he did against Arion. Maybe.

leonidas

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Superman can call the Phantom Stranger to put a magic immunity spell on him like he did against Arion. Maybe. Arion was weakened and it still barely worked. Shazam's above Ps anyways.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Galan007
Unless part of Superman's 'prep' is bringing Spectre to the battle, then he would get annihilated by Shazam.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by quanchi112
Arion was weakened and it still barely worked. Shazam's above Ps anyways.

I would disagree with that last statement although I agree it probably wouldn't work. Although in the Arion fight it didn't "barely work", it shrugged off his wind blades spell with no trouble.

JakeTheBank
Don't really see what Loki has to do with this thread, anyway, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.