Metro 2033

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
HV8pgs46ZNw

P6pAvMqQm3k

Metro 2033 is a FPS mixed with the elements of survival horror and RPG. The game is being developed by 4A Games and is being published by THQ.

The game takes place in a post apocalyptic Moscow and the enemies that'll be encountered are renegade humans and mutants.

The game will be mainly focused on its single player since even though Metro 2033 has multiplayer, it lacks the components for it.

The game will be released March 16 this year and will be on the PC and Xbox 360. Sorry PS3 owners.

BackFire
Yeah it looks fairly interesting. Will keep an eye on it for sure.

Smasandian
It does but Eastern European productions always tend to be buggy games.

Kazenji
Looks a bit like STALKER with the post apocalyptic setting.

Spidervlad
It was made from a popular Russian book. Can't wait.

Allankles
I just got reading the latest game informer, it looks like it'll be a challenging game. From the currency (ammunition) to the PC's health (no HUD) the game will force you to be economical and very observant.

Ms.Marvel
are they bringing back non-regenerating health? thatd be pretty cool.

AsbestosFlaygon
Another FPS... man, I'm sick and tired of these games.

If this game manages to put something new, then maybe I'd play it.

But if it's another generic 'Counter-Strike' game, I'll let this slide.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

But if it's another generic 'Counter-Strike' game, I'll let this slide.

What do you mean "another generic 'Counter-Strike' game" theres only been one game like that to my knowledge or is because the trailer for this game shows armed soldiers with guns which means "another generic 'Counter-Strike' game" ?

Smasandian
Yeah, that sure looks like Counter Strike.....

There's countless RPG's, FPS, 3rd person action games, puzzle games, platforms, music games and so forth. There's a finite number of genres to choose from and finite number of perspectives.

Nemesis X
I don't know why but just looking at the trailers makes me think the gameplay might be similar to the gameplay seen in Wolfenstein.

I didn't even know there was a novel before the game. I didn't figure that out until one you guys mentioned it in here. Another game based on literature...move over Dante's Inferno.

Spidervlad
Actually I think it's pretty cool their making games based on literature.

I would love a game based on A Song of Ice and Fire, and stuff like that.

Allankles
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
are they bringing back non-regenerating health? thatd be pretty cool.

Based on Informer it's non-regenerating health, and you won't have a HUD so you'll have to watch for how the PC moves in order to know when to take of their health.

From what I've read the devs are taking virtual realism to another level. There's even stuff about needing to wear a gas mask in poisonous areas, and managing oxygen while wearing the mask. Looks very intriguing right now.

Ultraviolence
You have a HUD and health does regenerate. Regardless, it is a decent game and I'm enjoying it. The darkness is used effectively to create an immensely fearful environment and the graphics are simply amazing, especially on my DX11 compatible HD 5870. The weapons are also quite innovative and the whole atmosphere seems correctly proportionate to a post-nuclear disaster.

Nemesis X
This game is good with it's horror. Wandering into metro tunnels inhabited by ghosts can really make your hair stand up. I know mine did as soon as I heard children laughing and saw living shadows.

Juk3n
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Another FPS... man, I'm sick and tired of these games.

You could say the same about any genre, you didn't really even need to comment in the end did ya?

Go Go Metro, been looking at this fora while, i think it looks awsome so far, i hope they do it well.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm impressed with this game so far. Aside from a few little bugs here and there this is a great little game. It's kind of refreshing to play a full on linear game with such an engrossing story and presentation again.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm impressed with this game so far. Aside from a few little bugs here and there this is a great little game. It's kind of refreshing to play a full on linear game with such an engrossing story and presentation again.

It seems like Fallout3 mixed with Bioshock.

Am I close?

Phanteros
Originally posted by dadudemon
It seems like Fallout3 mixed with Bioshock.

Am I close? Dead close except this seems to have an better engine that fallout 3.

FistOfThe North
Metro 2033 is the new Crysis. i think Metro 2033 will be more performance demanding than even Crysis 2 will be, judging from the crysis 2 trailer.

fortunately this week i ordered 2 1gb superclocked geforce gtx 460's and maybe those puppies could handle the game. the cards are replacing my 2 9800gt's from 2008 (time for an upgrade) which can hanlde the game somewhat. i'm also getting the nvision 3d setup to so it should be quite the trip.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.