Nomak and his Reapers versus the Darkseekers......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Nomak, (Blade II), is in New York city after the "I am Legend" virus has wiped out 90% of humanity. Just like in the movie, the Darkseekers are everywhere. Nomak has a small army of Reapers with him, their numbers just as strong as the Darkseekers.

Nomak and his army of Reapers decide to claim New York city as their own, and the Darkseekers must fight to defend their......well...."Turf."

Can Nomak and the Reapers defeat the Darkseekers? The fight takes place at night, obviously, and it is all over the city.

KingD19
I think Nomak and Crew take it. Did the Darkseekers have any significant feats that make them potential threats to the Reapers?

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, one shoulder blocked Neville's SUV several feet, they were fast as hell and could leap around like the Reapers.

KingD19
Hmmm, well it seems like the Darkseekers are a peg down strengthwise from Nomak himself, although I didn't see enough of the standard Reapers to gauge their strength, although they're durable as all hell. plus they have a super effective healing factor. For those 2 reasons, plus Nomak on their side, I see the Reapers taking a majority, especially since Nomak himself will be wrecking shop.

Rogue Jedi
Nomak is a Juggernaut, I agree, but I don't think it'll be an easy win. Same on the standard Reapers, we didn't see enough of them to judge. From what I gathered, the Reapers feel pain, whereas the Darkseekers do not.

KingD19
True enough, but the Reapers heal, while the Seekers just don't register pain.

And I assume that with as many numbers as they had, a fair number were canon fodder, while Reapers were wrecking shop across the board, even the nameless ones.

Rogue Jedi
What's the bigger advantage? Not feeling pain, or healing?

KingD19
It depends, if you don't feel pain, you can keep fighting, but you can be hurt beyond the point of fighting.

If you have a Reaper healing factor, then you can keep going anyway. besides, I didn't see the Reaper's become incapacitated from pain.

Rogue Jedi
Remember the Reaper the blood pack found and dissected? He was pretty useless.

jaden101
I think it would depend on numbers. Didn't Neville say that 90% died...1% were immune and the rest of them reacted by turning into the "darkseekers" (I hate the term) and they killed the rest of the survivors?

Population of 8,350,000 ish would mean there were 751,500 potential "darkseekers" in New York City.

So I guess it would depend purely on how many of Nomak's reapers there were. I don't think we see more than a hundred so I'd say purely on the strength of numbers the "darkseekers" would take it. One on one the reapers would win easily though.

Better thread though RJ...You're learning.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jaden101
I think it would depend on numbers. Didn't Neville say that 90% died...1% were immune and the rest of them reacted by turning into the "darkseekers" (I hate the term) and they killed the rest of the survivors?

Population of 8,350,000 ish would mean there were 751,500 potential "darkseekers" in New York City.

So I guess it would depend purely on how many of Nomak's reapers there were. I don't think we see more than a hundred so I'd say purely on the strength of numbers the "darkseekers" would take it. One on one the reapers would win easily though.

Better thread though RJ...You're learning.

Most of my threads are good matchups, the good ones are always overlooked though. See for yourself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=102&daysprune=1000&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername&perpage=50&pagenumber=18

Pages 18-24. Sure, there are some whack ones, but most of them are good ones. The "Mimic" cockroaches versus the Darkseekers got zero attention.

I started this one with equal numbers, but after debating on it a bit, that's a reaper landslide. What do you think is a fair ratio of Darkseekers to Reapers? 3 to 1? 4 to 1? Nomak himself could take out dozens of Darkseekers.

jaden101
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Most of my threads are good matchups, the good ones are always overlooked though. See for yourself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=102&daysprune=1000&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername&perpage=50&pagenumber=18

Pages 18-24. Sure, there are some whack ones, but most of them are good ones. The "Mimic" cockroaches versus the Darkseekers got zero attention.

I started this one with equal numbers, but after debating on it a bit, that's a reaper landslide. What do you think is a fair ratio of Darkseekers to Reapers? 3 to 1? 4 to 1? Nomak himself could take out dozens of Darkseekers.

I think it might possibly need a bigger ratio to be honest.

Perhaps as high as 10:1 or even more. Depends on the situation whether it's open streets or confined spaces (where I think the darkseekers would overwhelm them)

Rogue Jedi
I think it might possibly need a bigger ratio to be honest.

Perhaps as high as 10:1 or even more. Depends on the situation whether it's open streets or confined spaces (where I think the darkseekers would overwhelm them) Probably it'd be 50/50ish, half in the open, half in confined spaces like hallways and shit. The darkseeker boss showed some intelligence in the end, attacking Neville's house.

jaden101
Probably it'd be 50/50ish, half in the open, half in confined spaces like hallways and shit. The darkseeker boss showed some intelligence in the end, attacking Neville's house.

And some ridiculous strength and durability by cracking the bullet proof glass.

Not to mention that they were intelligent enough to lure him with the mannequin.

Rogue Jedi
And some ridiculous strength and durability by cracking the bullet proof glass.

Not to mention that they were intelligent enough to lure him with the mannequin. Yeah, I forgot that one.

So we have the darkseeker who feel no pain nor fear. The reapers feel pan, but can regen to some extent. Dunno if the reapers feel fear.

The only way I can think to destroy a reaper is to dismember it. Or maybe rip it's throat out?

Robtard
Yeah, I forgot that one.

So we have the darkseeker who feel no pain nor fear. The reapers feel pan, but can regen to some extent. Dunno if the reapers feel fear.

The only way I can think to destroy a reaper is to dismember it. Or maybe rip it's throat out?

Probably have to get to the heart. Which shouldn't be too hard for the Darkseekers, if they swarm.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Probably have to get to the heart. Which shouldn't be too hard for the Darkseekers, if they swarm. I wonder if an average darkseeker is strong enough to work their way past the protective bone.

jaden101
I wonder if an average darkseeker is strong enough to work their way past the protective bone.

Smashed their way into Neville's heavily fortified house easily enough. Again one of them broke the bullet proof glass which must take an extreme amount of strength.

Rogue Jedi
Smashed their way into Neville's heavily fortified house easily enough. Again one of them broke the bullet proof glass which must take an extreme amount of strength. Well if that's the case, then a darkseeker or two should be enough for one reaper.

jaden101
Well if that's the case, then a darkseeker or two should be enough for one reaper.

Walls and Glass don't move....Reapers do...Like I say...It's also about situation. I think once 2 dark seekers pin down a reaper then they be able to break the bones via sheer blunt force trauma but pinning one down in the 1st place would be extremely difficult to say the least.

Rogue Jedi
Walls and Glass don't move....Reapers do...Like I say...It's also about situation. I think once 2 dark seekers pin down a reaper then they be able to break the bones via sheer blunt force trauma but pinning one down in the 1st place would be extremely difficult to say the least.

Well now we have to address the following....

Who has the advantage in Strength? Agility? Speed? Durability?

jaden101
Sometimes it's conflicting with regards to the darkseekers...The one he catches in the bag was thrashing around like a maniac and 1 hit from the butt of the gun knocked it out. On the other hand two of them were able to smash into the side of Neville's SUV and tip tip it over on to its roof (although it's driving up a ramp on 1 wheel which made it more vulnerable to tipping at the time) although I think they might have either badly hurt or killed themselves in the process.

I think they have it in the speed dept as well which may have contributed more to the tipping over of the SUV that sheer strength with just the kinetic energy tranferred in how fast they run.

The reapers are able to kill vampires and they have genuinely higher strength that humans hence I think 1 on 1 they would just tear the darkseekers apart but when the darkseekers swarm and just run at and eventually collide with a reaper then they would all dive on the reaper like they did with Neville's car and overwhelm it probably sacrificing a fair few of themselves in the process.

chilled monkey
Remember the Reaper the blood pack found and dissected? He was pretty useless.

Not surprising, since he was dying of starvation.

Robtard
Also have to consider the possibility of any slain Darkseeker rising up as Reaper (Darkreaper? Reaperseeker?), which would be a double-lose to the Seekers. Losing an alley while simultaneously gaining an enemy.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Robtard
Also have to consider the possibility of any slain Darkseeker rising up as Reaper (Darkreaper? Reaperseeker?), which would be a double-lose to the Seekers. Losing an alley while simultaneously gaining an enemy.

That's a very good point.

Rogue Jedi
If I recall correctly, the Reapers victims did not turn right away. And if they are torn to pieces, moot point.

Darth Martin
The Reapers made vampires shit themselves. Neville was actually holding his own against the leader of the Darkseekers. Nomak was shitting on anyone not named Blade. Besides Blade and Iceman, the only way the Blood Pack were able to deal with the Reapers is because of the advanced weaponry supplied by Blade, Whistler, anbd Scud.

Think I might watch Blade II. Great movie, one of my favorites!

Rogue Jedi
Neville was holding his own against the DS leader?

Darth Martin
With an M-1 carbine and homefield advantage, yes, he was. He was getting thrown down 2 flights of stairs with no significant damage. Nomak is beast in combat. He's a martial artist and heals fast.

Rogue Jedi
"Holding his own", I thought you were implying he was holding his own h2h. And that wasn't the DS leader, it was just some DS.

Darth Martin
I never said "h2h". And your correct, he was fighting two or three at different times. He killed one or two and was taking severe punishment from the leader. He was getting bitten, punched, thrown down flights of stairs, etc.

Rogue Jedi
When did this thread turn to Neville's damage soak?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.