Top 10 characters with the best damage soak and will power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CallMeCommando
who do you think are the top 10 characters in comics book world that has the best will power and damage soak of course when i say damage soak i dont mean who can take more damage but who can soak more damage compared to there own strength and durability

DarkOdin
Batman- No joke this guy should be dead from all the meta's hr fights
Plasticman
Sentry- Just going from his recent showing s

The rst are not in order.

Thor
Superman
Hulk
Thanos
Captian Marvel
Wolverine
Doomsday H/P

StiltmanFTW
Punisher.

The Nuul
Marv.

CallMeCommando
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Batman- No joke this guy should be dead from all the meta's hr fights
Plasticman
Sentry- Just going from his recent showing s

The rst are not in order.

Thor
Superman
Hulk
Thanos
Captian Marvel
Wolverine
Doomsday H/P

very good list but dont you think captain america is also a top player? of course no disrespect to your list

Colossus-Big C
ares

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
ares

Nah...

DarkOdin
Originally posted by CallMeCommando
very good list but dont you think captain america is also a top player? of course no disrespect to your list I think cap's Willpower is alot better then a few on my list but i think damage soak wise the others are way above him.... If we take PIS out Batman wouldn't be on this list.. wink

Original Smurph
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Plasticman
Dunno if that really counts... he said "who can take more damage compared to their own strength and durability", and Plasticman's nearly indestructible...

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Dunno if that really counts... he said "who can take more damage compared to their own strength and durability", and Plasticman's nearly indestructible... IMO his duability is huge but Batgod will'power is alot greater then platicmans if it was pure durability i would put platicman on top

Bouboumaster
If we count only Herald lvler and below

Will Power:
1- Silver Surfer
2- Hal Jordan
3- Superan
4- Hulk
5- Captain America
6- Batman
7- Dr Doom
8- Alan Scott
9- Wolverine
10- Thor

Damage Soak
1- Juggernaut
2- Superman
3- Orion
4- Silver Surfer
5- Thor
6- Martian Manhunter
7- Dr Doom
8- Hulk
9- Wonder Woman
10- Wolverine

Parmaniac
Willpower: Spider-man

CallMeCommando
well i dont think everybody got the point of the damage soak part... you see what i mean is compared to there own durability and strength for example if punisher will take a bullet and keep fighting and namor will take a bullet and keep fighting then we can say that its a better showing for punisher since compared to his human states this is a very high showing its now characters like the juggernaut seriously its not a question of damage soak since he is too durable in the beginning but we all saw that juggernaut doesnt have much damage soak once he is hurt like with onslaught or nimrod he goes down easily

with all that being said i think will power is something captain america is an expert on while damage soak is definitly punisher teritory i mean the guy got his arm cut off by daken and he kept fighting what the hell? most of the times when people lose or even brake there arms they are out in pain the guy got his arm cut off and kept fighting

nicamarvin

CallMeCommando

StiltmanFTW
Frank was already severely injured before he got his arm cut off.

CallMeCommando
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Frank was already severely injured before he got his arm cut off.

ye i know the guy can really take damage hope they bring him back somehow i think it was a very bad move of marvel to kill off punisher and ares like that

Omega Vision
Batman, Thanos, Doomsday, Superman, Black Adam, Thor, Punisher, Daredevil, Superboy-Prime (mostly damage soak), Rhino (it takes serious willpower to keep getting up after so many humiliating defeats stick out tongue).

This list is in no particular order.

well i dont think everybody got the point of the damage soak part... you see what i mean is compared to there own durability and strength for example if punisher will take a bullet and keep fighting and namor will take a bullet and keep fighting then we can say that its a better showing for punisher since compared to his human states this is a very high showing its now characters like the juggernaut seriously its not a question of damage soak since he is too durable in the beginning but we all saw that juggernaut doesnt have much damage soak once he is hurt like with onslaught or nimrod he goes down easily

with all that being said i think will power is something captain america is an expert on while damage soak is definitly punisher teritory i mean the guy got his arm cut off by daken and he kept fighting what the hell? most of the times when people lose or even brake there arms they are out in pain the guy got his arm cut off and kept fighting

So what you want is the capacity to push through wounds and pain through will power and keep going?

Considering waht it actually takes to severely hurt these people and how well they can push through after serious damage (from their respective perspectives) I'd say Hulk, Logan, Punisher, Deadpool and Batman are the top 5 that come to mind. The joker depending on who is writing him is also sometimes portrayed as capable of pushing through anything.

Mindset
Deadpool

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Deadpool
I don't think HF should count as either damage soak or willpower.

Mindset
Because BA, Doomsday, etc. don't have healing factors?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Because BA, Doomsday, etc. don't have healing factors?
Not nearly to the level of Deadpool, at least in BA's case.

Lord Feron
Doom, Hell itself was torturing the shit out of him, and he wouldn't let out any glimpse of pain or suffering just so the demons wouldn't get the pleasure. Thats some serious will power to work through that kind of suffering based of his durability.

supremthor
what about prime?

Uxas Khan
Thanos is easily top in both

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think HF should count as either damage soak or willpower.

HF keeps him alive but it doesn't numb the pain or compensate the loss of function, so he's still extremely hardcore to keep fighting no matter how f'ed up he gets, even with missing limbs, brain damage, cognition impairement and blinding pain.

Parmaniac
http://www.glauser-ag.ch/media/Stehaufm$E4nnchen~Br$F6nnimann.JPG
This guy, I've never seen so good damage soak and willpower to stand up again...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://www.glauser-ag.ch/media/Stehaufm$E4nnchen~Br$F6nnimann.JPG
This guy, I've never seen so good damage soak and willpower to stand up again...
The clown ones are incredibly creepy.

Lostedge
If this is about who has taken most damage and survived. Ofcourse there are Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool ... But they have mutant power to coupe with it. Honestly Punisher has taken most of punishment and survived.

Lord Feron
The clown ones are incredibly creepy.
Taking notes... Omega does not like clowns.... big grin

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Taking notes... Omega does not like clowns.... big grin
And you like Clowns?

Bouboumaster
http://jetingenue.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/1135.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Damage Soak

~~
9- Wonder Woman

Yea, both Sacrifice and the Genocide fights show she can keep fighting with some pretty insane damage. In the same day she fought Genocide twice, Cheetah, Achilles, and a whole bunch of giant sea monsters. In the later fights they just tied an axe to her hand since they couldn't actually hold the weapon any more.

pinksushi1
Strongest Willpower (resistance to telepathy):

1. Magneto
2. Storm
3. Wolverine
4. Sabretooth
5. Deadpool

StiltmanFTW
Storm > Wolverine?

I thought she was resistant to TP because of her powers.

JakeTheBank
The Thing. Ben can hang with powerhouses who eclipse him in nearly everyway imaginable and still not give in.

Lord Feron
And you like Clowns?

I wouldn't mind having a drink with a clown....

pinksushi1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Storm > Wolverine?

I thought she was resistant to TP because of her powers.

Well, the same could be said for Magneto. Magneto uses electrostatics in his brain to resist TP. It is also will power for both Magneto and Storm. Storm has been resisting telepathic intrusions for a very long time.

Mindset
Strongest willpoer:

Doom and ONLY DOOM!

pinksushi1
I forgot about Doom, as well. Very strong will power.

Simbon
Mangog. Both in terms of durability and will-power, it's hard to argue with a billion billion pissed off dead people.

psycho gundam
nobody said juggernaut yet?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Forgot about the Juggernaut.

evil face evil face

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by psycho gundam
First page.

Colossus-Big C
juggernaut is basically a super rhino.

both are stupid, both fight without there brains

KingD19
Although Juggernaut isn't a massive jobber, and he's actually smart when he wants to be.

Colossus should be here somewhere for damage soak and will power. The guys taken punches from Juggernaut and kept fighting, despite being weaker, much weaker. Same thing goes for WWH, and just about every fight he's been in with somebody who outclasses him.

horrorwolf
Will Power dispite Damage recieved:
(Ability to be fully on the recieving end of potentially devastating attacks and push through it)

Norrin Radd
Hulk
Hal Jordan
Superman
Thor
Sentry
Captain America
Wolverine
Batman
Dr Doom

Resistance to Physical Damage:
(Most resistant to ever recieving any physical harm)
Juggernaut
Superman
Norrin Radd
Thor
Sentry
Hulk
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Gladiator (could be higher, depends on confidence)
Wonder Woman

Recieved Damage Negation/Absorbtion/Reversal:
(Can endure the greatest physical punishment and make it completely meaningless moments later)

Silver Surfer
Hulk
Deadpool
Wolverine
Superman
Gladiator
Orion
Sentry
Wonderwoman
Martian Manhunter

Endless Mike
Doctor Doom should be on the list

dmills
Thanos, Hulk and my boy Nova.

CallMeCommando
captain america once draged an ambulance full of children across the entire desert thats a very very hardcore showing of will power considering the embulance full of kids must weight at least 5 tons and cap is only peak human and he drag that across the desert

KingD19
Well, if ya put a truck in neutral and pull....physics at work.

namorsubby
it's hard for me to gauge willpower or damage soak once you get past peak human level's......cause then things like superhuman duarability and healing factor's and other meta-human qualities come into play, but as far as peak humans, i'd say:

Wildcat
moonknight
punisher
Batman
captain america

i probably considered damage soak slightly more in my line-up then willpower. if I was to more evenly consider both attributes, i'd probably put bats first....his determination is virtually unmatched

brownqk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Thing. Ben can hang with powerhouses who eclipse him in nearly everyway imaginable and still not give in.

I think this is a good observation and I didn't think of it originally, but the Thing shows a lot of heart regularly battling people who outclass him.

CallMeCommando
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, if ya put a truck in neutral and pull....physics at work.

what? do you understand what you are saying? he was draging the ambulance across the entire DESERT you know sand? it doesnt matter how you put it neutral or not he was draging it thru sands across the entire desert try to drag anything on a sand for even 1 minute and tell me how is it

SamZED
Damage soak Punisher, Cap America, Wolverine.
Will power Superman, Cap America, Spider-man (he's got tons of those "NO I MUST NOT FAIL!!!" moments when he gets up after being beaten almost to death and pulls a class 100 lifting feat out of his ass before beating the crap outta everybody stick out tongue )

Batman-Prime
1. Batman
3. the others uhuh

Q99
captain america once draged an ambulance full of children across the entire desert thats a very very hardcore showing of will power considering the embulance full of kids must weight at least 5 tons and cap is only peak human and he drag that across the desert

The super soldier serum does give him superhuman recovery from fatigue.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The list starts with Thanos

Konton
Wonder Woman withstood the enchantments of a goddess and had her flesh completely fried off and didn't even flinch. I'd put her up there.

Enyalus
Dr. Doom, Bullseye, Elektra, Punisher, Drax...

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cassandra Cain, Lobo...Had to add him in even though he has a HF just because of what he took during Reign in Hell.

Honorable Mention on the DC side goes to Bart Allen for lasting as long as he did against the Rogues, Sodam Yat for the pounding he took at Prime's hands, and definitely Polar Boy for the absolute thrashing he took at Prime's hands and having the testicular fortitude to respond with the best call to arms in comicdom: Long live the Legion.

Punisher is just about the man who took more punishment in comics without a HF survived and kept going - especially garth ennis's run on the character in marvel knights and later max

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.