Sentry Vs Ares (DC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
so Sentry/Void completely destroyed Marvel Ares, but can he do the same to DC Ares whom is currently Skyfather level?

DarkOdin
IMO it is too early to tell This new Sentry/Void is looking pretty beastily but unitl i see more D/C Ares for the win.

Q99
Well technically, DC Ares is *dead*.

But if you ment back when he had Hades' throne, then current uber-Sentry/Void could probably beat him (he beat Molecule Man after all... though I don't know how much retcons have weakened MM), but not nearly as easily as Marvel Ares.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

carver9
Sentry repeat the process and rip this ares in half. Sentry hate people with pointy objects.

Lord Feron
IDk ares has some high feats like taking out skyfather with prep and then getting axed to the dome by WW... so yeah....

JakeTheBank
^ Ares did plan for Diana to kill him, iirc.

And if Sentry does beat Ares, he's not going to destroy him with as much ease as he did Marvel Ares, provided he does at all.

Q99
Also note all the Greek Gods suffered some power reduction due to the Apokoliptians.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

And if Sentry does beat Ares, he's not going to destroy him with as much ease as he did Marvel Ares, provided he does at all. How is Ares going t defeat the sentry?

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is Ares going t defeat the sentry?

I don't think anyone's saying that Ares'll win, just that with his major mystic mojo, much higher physical stats, and armor, it'll be a lot harder than Ares' defeat.

WhiteWitchKing
How is Ares going t defeat the sentry?

By ripping Sentry in half.

the ninjak
I sense a case of De ja vu happening in this fight.

Prep-Man
Ares.

manx422
Ares

the ninjak
Ares simply for experience alone. Tough fight.
But I can't see him keeping Sentry down.

namorsubby
unlike marvel, when dc says people are gods, they mean GODS.....

DC Ares FTW

Warlord
when Marvel say people are gods they probably mean mutants.
Ares should win

CallMeCommando
ARES FTW

Lord Feron

And if Sentry does beat Ares, he's not going to destroy him with as much ease as he did Marvel Ares, provided he does at all.

Was that part settled? That he planned for it or is it hopeful speculation? I mean Ares does plot and scheme alot and being taken out like that was kinda bullshit...

I completely agree with your 2nd comment. IMO ares would go down like MM. To something more than just a physical beat down (not saying it's not possible for Sentry just saying it would be far more difficult route)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Was that part settled? That he planned for it or is it hopeful speculation? I mean Ares does plot and scheme alot and being taken out like that was kinda bullshit...

I completely agree with your 2nd comment. IMO ares would go down like MM. To something more than just a physical beat down (not saying it's not possible for Sentry just saying it would be far more difficult route)

I think it's heavily implied through out the subsequent issues of WW. Ares' ghost comes to speak to Diana in her dreams/nightmares and I think his ghost also speaks with Zeus, commenting on how he's not quite done with the Amazons or something. And these creepy kids, the Crows, which have just been introduced last issue are supposedly connected to Ares in a way. I can't see Diana simply one-shotting him with an axe when it's taken much more than that to best him before.

Lord Feron
I think it's heavily implied through out the subsequent issues of WW. Ares' ghost comes to speak to Diana in her dreams/nightmares and I think his ghost also speaks with Zeus, commenting on how he's not quite done with the Amazons or something. And these creepy kids, the Crows, which have just been introduced last issue are supposedly connected to Ares in a way. I can't see Diana simply one-shotting him with an axe when it's taken much more than that to best him before.

interesting, thanks for the info

Q99
Right after the death, Zeus did comment on how if you live long enough, sometimes gods just let death come easy.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Q99
Right after the death, Zeus did comment on how if you live long enough, sometimes gods just let death come easy. True even is Marvel looking how Zeus and Odin died it hold some truth.

Zeus let his defence down to save Ares.

Odin gave up his life to kill Surtar.

It is all about the plot.

And even in there Deaths both Odin and Zeus were still alive in another form or plane.

Cartesian Doubt
Ares can only be armed with "Divine Weaponary" or Divine power.

Priest
Sentry is divine no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
By ripping Sentry in half. That won't stop him.

WhiteWitchKing
That won't stop him.

Yes it will.

quanchi112
Yes it will. Based on what> His head being shot apart and he reformed it easily. He's been exploded and he's come back easily.

SamZED
Yes it will. You need an update.

Sasaraixx
Ares

WhiteWitchKing
Based on what> His head being shot apart and he reformed it easily. He's been exploded and he's come back easily.

Not the same as being ripped apart. Ares wins.

Originally posted by SamZED
You need an update.

On what?

Enyalus
Not the same as being ripped apart.
Being exploded is not the same as being ripped apart. This was a brilliant deduction.
Ares wins.
So was this.

comicfan11
DC Ares.

SamZED

On what? On Sentry. If he can get turned into dust on molecular level and resurrect himself in few seconds, what would ripping him in half accomplish?

Batman-Prime
DC Ares

the ninjak
On Sentry. If he can get turned into dust on molecular level and resurrect himself in few seconds, what would ripping him in half accomplish?

Didn't Morgan Le faye rip him in half? Came back two secs later.

KidMan
ares shit all over the "1 feat wonder"

SamZED
Originally posted by the ninjak
Didn't Morgan Le faye rip him in half? Came back two secs later. As far as I remember she blew him up from the inside, but it took him longer to ressurect because that was before the whole MM thing and he didn't know how to use his powers well.

Originally posted by KidMan
ares shit all over the "1 feat wonder" Then they both shit all over the overrated-gay-ass-boyscout-in-red-underwear-with-jobber-aura-that-beats-squirreltgirl's-and-RedHulk's-combined and his annoying fanboys who wont stop bitching about Sentry just because they can't handle the fact that the character they hated so much and called him a Superman rip-off now can shove his boot up Supes ass so deep he would choke on it before ending the fight with a wave of a hand...

Warlord
we don't know how long it took him to resurect as he never apeared on the battle field
he was in the watchtower.
it could have been a sec it could have been an hour
who knows

SamZED
Originally posted by Warlord
we don't know how long it took him to resurect as he never apeared on the battle field
he was in the watchtower.
it could have been a sec it could have been an hour
who knows True. Either way we know for a fact he can ressurect himself in seconds after getting taken apart on molecular level. Something I dont see Supes doing. Dunno much about Ares though. Maybe he's got something to take it.

WhiteWitchKing
On Sentry. If he can get turned into dust on molecular level and resurrect himself in few seconds, what would ripping him in half accomplish?

It wasn't seconds. It's the MM fight you're talking about right? It took him a while to come back.

bbrem123
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/bbrem123/?action=view&current=Dark_Avengers_012_2010_GreenGian-6.jpg

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/bbrem123/?action=view&current=Dark_Avengers_012_2010_GreenGian-5.jpg

that is pretty damn quick

the ninjak
It wasn't seconds. It's the MM fight you're talking about right? It took him a while to come back.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Didn't Morgan Le faye rip him in half? Came back two secs later.

It is a comic book so I can't estimate the time but it was his first or second time. He actually knows how to manipulate his particles after Molecule Man. Which was later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.