What Literature-Based-Game do you Want?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Videogame companies are now getting ideas of wanting to adapt literature into videogames. First we got Dante's Inferno, second will be Metro 2033, and Visceral is having ideas about wanting to turn even Macbeth into a videogame.

Since this is happening, I was wondering what literature you fellow gamers want to see adapted into a next gen game.

KingD19
The Obsidian Trilogy, it could be an excellent game series if done by the right team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Obsidian_Trilogy

Ms.Marvel
TWILIGHT! eek!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
TWILIGHT! eek!

Why am I not surprised?

Ms.Marvel
cause youre sexist >\

Nephthys
A Canterbury Tales Based racing game! Vrooooooom, vroooooooom, screeeeeeech!

Nemesis X
cause youre sexist >\

No I'm not.

KingD19
^By denying it, you provide contradictory evidence against your case.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Videogame companies are now getting ideas of wanting to adapt literature into videogames. First we got Dante's Inferno, second will be Metro 2033, and Visceral is having ideas about wanting to turn even Macbeth into a videogame.

Actually first we got Shadow Complex (Empire by Orson Scott Card) to my knowledge.

Peach
Why don't people just...I dunno, read the books...

Ms.Marvel
books "are for hookers and fat people!"

BackFire
World War Z

Ms.Marvel
nice!

Morridini
WWZ was an amazing book, but I don't really know if it would be a good game, it would just be an open world Dead Rising.

I'd love to see a X-Wing game set during the New Jedi Order's Yuzzhan Vong invasion, enough with the mediocre Star Wars games set in the same era over and over again!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Morridini

I'd love to see a X-Wing game set during the New Jedi Order's Yuzzhan Vong invasion, enough with the mediocre Star Wars games set in the same era over and over again!

And what era are you thinking of?

Ms.Marvel
you know what vong are right?

hes thinking of the post new jedi order era..

Morridini
Originally posted by Kazenji
And what era are you thinking of?

Well we got a hell of a lot of games set in the PT and OT era, and only KotOR taking place before and the Jedi Knight after, while the rest of the EU has a lot of good moments for games.

Scythe
World War Z, it would make a sweet FPS.

EDIT:

Originally posted by BackFire
World War Z

BF beat me to it, FFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Kazenji
you know what vong are right?

Of course but that was'nt the answer i was lookign for but eh Morrindi has answerd it

Originally posted by Scythe
World War Z, it would make a sweet FPS.

Getting into the FPS are we now?

Bardock42
cause youre sexist >\

Ha, nice.

MadMel
the animorphs series
dont ask me how it'll work though stick out tongue

First_Tsurugi06
TWILIGHT! eek!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xryMAprvY4o/ShOggykQa2I/AAAAAAAAANU/VWo9d3G9V4Y/s400/fantastic_four_slap.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xryMAprvY4o/ShOggykQa2I/AAAAAAAAANU/VWo9d3G9V4Y/s400/fantastic_four_slap.jpg

laughing out loud laughing

20,000 leagues under the sea is really the only book that comes to mind at the moment. It seems that most of the best literary works suited for video games have already been tried in one form or another.

That ACDC Chick
The Bartimaeus Trilogy and the Artemis Fowl series eek!

MadMel
not sure how artemis would work, as the climax's revolve around arty mind-f*cking everyone else in order to save the day stick out tongue

Bardock42
A Catcher in the Rye point and click adventure.

Morridini
Originally posted by MadMel
the animorphs series

Yikes, haven't thought about those in years.... I've read all 50 books in fact.

That could work actualy, an action-adventure game where people had the Animorph abilities.

That ACDC Chick
not sure how artemis would work, as the climax's revolve around arty mind-f*cking everyone else in order to save the day stick out tongue
i can see you in the first one playing as one of the elves trying to get in/out of Arty's home
and have a mini-game with Mulch breaking into the basement and then playing dead
and of course you gotta have the boss battle with the troll alongside Butler

That ACDC Chick
Yikes, haven't thought about those in years.... I've read all 50 books in fact.

That could work actualy, an action-adventure game where people had the Animorph abilities.
i remember watching the tv series and the one alien guy trying to buy a stereo but got shut down cause he was all confuzzled on the slang terms or something

Wei Phoenix
Actually first we got Shadow Complex (Empire by Orson Scott Card) to my knowledge.

Romance Of The Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors came before Shadow Complex.

MadMel
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i remember watching the tv series and the one alien guy trying to buy a stereo but got shut down cause he was all confuzzled on the slang terms or something
now now you mustn't swear erm
'animorphs tv series' is a serious taboo, due to its sheer failure stick out tongue

and its 54 books, not counting the spinoffs stick out tongue

menokokoro
Vampire hunter D...if they make it good...which they wouldn't/didn't

Edit: but to be fair, that was based off a movie, that was based off one of the books, but they didn't do the book justice in the movie imo.

Peach

Yes, so instead let's make a mediocre SW game set in a complete travesty of an era.

Seriously. I question the sanity of anyone who likes the NJO and after. Because it's just bad.

MooCowofJustice
the animorphs series

There actually were some Animorphs games. They weren't the greatest, but they were okay.

MadMel
you mean those flash games on the animorphs website or actual games?

the_ninjak
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors came before Shadow Complex.

edit

Kero_Co
A Song of Ice and Fire

MooCowofJustice
you mean those flash games on the animorphs website or actual games?

Some actual games. I still have one of them for the PS1.

MadMel
they should redo the tv series, with some actual violence, accuracy and decent actors (the only good actor in the series was shawn ashmore, and even he did a bad job)
then make a next-gen game out of it stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
I think The Lost Years of Merlin series could make some good games. It might happen some day. T. A. Barron had something up on his website about talks for a movie some time ago, but I haven't checked in a long time.

magicturtle
watabout.... Treasure Island! except its not a story game, its like an open world where you do missions and shtuff

Mandrag Ganon
books "are for hookers and fat people!"

That's not true, I read all the time and... oh, wait, I fall into the fat category... never mind...

I understand there is a game being worked on based on "Ender's Game"

And there are some book universes that a game would fit into nicely. For example: the Sword of Truth series, or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World could have some interesting settings for games.

I also think a Sherlock Holmes game, done in the style of Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy would be pretty neat too.

FinalAnswer
The Bible 131

Particularly anything that has to do with Samson.

And the game must be M rated, none of that crap they made for the NES.

Nephthys
There are tonnes of Sherlock games for PC. There's even one where he takes on Jack the Ripper.

That ACDC Chick
now now you mustn't swear erm
'animorphs tv series' is a serious taboo, due to its sheer failure stick out tongue

and its 54 books, not counting the spinoffs stick out tongue
i was little
i didnt know better embarrasment

Darth Jello
Carmilla or maybe a really incomprehensible rated AO adaptation of Naked Lunch.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Kero_Co
A Song of Ice and Fire

QFT

Joker1237
Homer's epic poems.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Joker1237
Homer's epic poems.
an Odyssey game would be majorly epic

FWahMaN
KING LEAR! mad

If I even spelled that right. laughing

Darth Jello
How about a video game adaptation of a literary classic called Worlds of Power: Mega Man 2?

FWahMaN
Just realized your avatar was a dude's head in a glass case...at first I always thought it was his reflection on shiny metal. laughing

That ACDC Chick
the Neverending Story!!!!!!

Joker1237
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
an Odyssey game would be majorly epic

And the Iliad, I think the Iliad was better than the Odyssey myself, but I perfer to have them both made into games.

And I want the games to be true to the poems.

Martian_mind
Don Quixote.

For the lulz.

That ACDC Chick
some Shakespear would also be good

FinalAnswer
Hm.

Possibly a game based of Bram Stoker's Dracula (Not any of the movies). Maybe in the style of Heavy Rain.

MadMel
theres already some bram stoker style dracula games erm

speaking of which - a twilight game would be nice, just so people can kick the series' popularity in the nuts..

FinalAnswer
theres already some bram stoker style dracula games erm

speaking of which - a twilight game would be nice, just so people can kick the series' popularity in the nuts..

Were any of them halfway decent?

Cause the only Bram Stoker Dracula games I've seen were two on the Sega CD, one of which was a point and click, and the other was a piece of crap based off the movie.

I also highly doubt any of them were followed Heavy Rain's gameplay, like I suggested.

leonheartmm
ulyses

no seriously, NO literature should be turned into games. its cheap. the excitement and pleasure of literature isnt in the cinematic sequence or the graphics or the in game music or how cool "dante alighiera" looks or how big of a weapon he has.

its like taking paradise lost and turning it into a button masher where the devil is a sephiroth type badass with a big sword who has super moves which he uses against the dark materials as they battle him and the kind of death metal that makes 14 year old kids think they are HARDCORE by listening to plays in the background {and eve wearing a bayonetta type dress looks on and sumtimes helps with acrobatic moves and martials arts}.

oh wait, they kind of did half of that in dante's inferno.

stupid bitches. what does it take to tell overgrown kids in the gaming and manga/anime industry to STOP taking ancient mythological/philosophical concepts and putting them in their medium in the cheapest and most whorishly simple ways to make 12 year old school boys go "man that is PROFOUND!!!!!!!!!" {a minute after they stop shouting at the tv after watching wwe".

leonheartmm
oh wait, i actually do know of one that cud make half a decent game if the developers are not trying to cater to "hardcore kids".

sylmarrilon.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ulyses

no seriously, NO literature should be turned into games. its cheap. the excitement and pleasure of literature isnt in the cinematic sequence or the graphics or the in game music or how cool "dante alighiera" looks or how big of a weapon he has.

its like taking paradise lost and turning it into a button masher where the devil is a sephiroth type badass with a big sword who has super moves which he uses against the dark materials as they battle him and the kind of death metal that makes 14 year old kids think they are HARDCORE by listening to plays in the background {and eve wearing a bayonetta type dress looks on and sumtimes helps with acrobatic moves and martials arts}.

oh wait, they kind of did half of that in dante's inferno.

stupid bitches. what does it take to tell overgrown kids in the gaming and manga/anime industry to STOP taking ancient mythological/philosophical concepts and putting them in their medium in the cheapest and most whorishly simple ways to make 12 year old school boys go "man that is PROFOUND!!!!!!!!!" {a minute after they stop shouting at the tv after watching wwe".

Kazenji
Not you again.....

Scythe
Getting into the FPS are we now?

Not exactly, I try them out every now and then though. I just can't think how else WWZ would work except if it was FPS and maybe partly Survival Horror like Silent Hill. I'd like that very much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.