Mordru vs Umar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Harbinger
The Dark Lord.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Harbinger
The Dark Lord.
Any version?

Harbinger
I would say so. PC Mordru was a beast, and Post-Crisis, he was able to take on Shazam and basically shrug off his attacks while both were in the ROE. Umar's around Dormy's level, IIRC, and I don't think that's enough here.

Omega Vision
I would say so. PC Mordru was a beast, and Post-Crisis, he was able to take on Shazam and basically shrug off his attacks while both were in the ROE. Umar's around Dormy's level, IIRC, and I don't think that's enough here.
The ROE thing struck me as odd because there are two possible interpretations:

first Mordru was A LOT more powerful than Shazam to the point he could laugh off Shazam's best attacks.

second Mordru as he said used sleight of hand and tricked Shazam. Personally I think he actually just redirected Shazam's blast to sever the bonds of the ROE and break his prison. I don't know if he's really powerful enough to tank that kind of blast.

In any case I would have liked to see him fight the Spectre.

Galan007
Any version of Mordru (aside from the most recent 'incarnation') would stomp Umar.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Any version of Mordru (aside from the most recent 'incarnation') would stomp Umar.
Wasn't the most recent version the one with all the Universe's magic?

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wasn't the most recent version the one with all the Universe's magic? No. Have a gander at the most recent issue of JSA -- you'll swiftly see the PIS-ridden showing that I speak of.

Omega Vision
No. Have a gander at the most recent issue of JSA -- you'll swiftly see the PIS-ridden showing that I speak of.
Mordru is one of my favs and I can't stand to see my favorite characters job. sad Anyway I'll try to get about to reading it soon. I've slacked on my JSA reading as of late.

Starscream M
No. Have a gander at the most recent issue of JSA -- you'll swiftly see the PIS-ridden showing that I speak of. just because you dont like it doesn't mean its PIS

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
just because you dont like it doesn't mean its PIS If a character has one low showing that completely contradicts their well established history/feats, then it can (and should) be classified as PIS.

My personal opinion had nothing to do with said conclusion. That I can assure you.

Starscream M
If a character has one low showing that completely contradicts their well established history/feats, then it can (and should) be classified as PIS.

My personal opinion had nothing to do with said conclusion. That I can assure you. its not PIS if he has been depowered or downgraded somehow.

and regarding magic characters...they can be quite inconsistent...tis the very nature of magic.

Galan007
^ It wasn't mentioned in the story that he was any weaker than normal. Had such been stated I wouldn't have classified the instance in question as PIS.

True enough. But from a magical/power standpoint, Mordru has always been written quite consistently.

Omega Vision
^ It wasn't mentioned in the story that he was any weaker than normal. Had such been stated I wouldn't have classified the instance in question as PIS.

True enough. But from a magical/power standpoint, Mordru has always been written quite consistently.
I agree, Mordru has always been one of the top magical threats to the DCU. His average level of power is sufficient to give the entire LOSH serious trouble. What Darkseid is to DC Space Mordru is to DC Magic.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Who wins?

Can we use the most powerful version of each?

Endless Mike
Umar is no joke

Omega Vision
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Can we use the most powerful version of each?
Any version I suppose. I'm just curious to know how people think these two mystical menaces stack up.

Harbinger
Evidently, Umar can forceblock for the win smile

Omega Vision
Evidently, Umar can forceblock for the win smile
Never underestimate the forceblock. mad It can hold the Living Tribunal! dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.