Doomsday Vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
CIS, PIS, and jobbing are all off.

Fight...to the death(doesn't have to be permeanant)

pinksushi1
Doomsday. He would just continue to come back and continue to adapt.

Omega Vision
Doomsday.

galactusischere
DD's death doesn't have to be permeanant.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
DD's death doesn't have to be permeanant.
Granted but no way in hell can Apoc kill him.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Granted but no way in hell can Apoc kill him.

May I ask why? What advantage does he have over Nur?

Omega Vision
May I ask why? What advantage does he have over Nur?
Strength, durability, speed, tenacity, ferocity.

Harbinger
The only version of DD that Apoc beats is DOS. All other versions slaughter Nur.

galactusischere
]Strength-maybe, durability-nope, Apoc can become as durable/dense as any metal. speed-no way..., tenacity-not a factor, ferocity-not a factor.

Apoc is smarter and alot more versatile.

and IYO is regular DD>WWH?

Omega Vision
]Strength-maybe, durability-nope, Apoc can become as durable/dense as any metal. speed-no way..., tenacity-not a factor, ferocity-not a factor.

Apoc is smarter and alot more versatile.

and IYO is regular DD>WWH?
DD is damned durable, you'd know that if you knew anything about him. And yes he is stronger than Apoc by a huge margin. As for speed yes, aside from keeping up with Superman he's speedblitzed numerous characters.

manx422
Doomsday

pinksushi1
I actually don't know of many characters in the Marvel Universe who can defeat Doomsday, in the long run.

galactusischere
DD is damned durable, you'd know that if you knew anything about him. And yes he is stronger than Apoc by a huge margin. As for speed yes, aside from keeping up with Superman he's speedblitzed numerous characters.

And the other times he was blitzed by him.
Apoc has FTL teleporting. Superman doesn't have FTl combat speed.

and Apoc can become as strong as he wants. He was stronger than Hulk at regular size. He has grown to become larger than buildings on occasions, and his strenght increases as he gets larger.

Apoc is FT sound at the very very least.

pinksushi1
How large can Apocalypse get? As large as a planet?

LOL.

Omega Vision
And the other times he was blitzed by him.
Apoc has FTL teleporting. Superman doesn't have FTl combat speed.

and Apoc can become as strong as he wants. He was stronger than Hulk at regular size. He has grown to become larger than buildings on occasions, and his strenght increases as he gets larger.

Apoc is FT sound at the very very least.
By feats DD>>>>>>>>Apoc.

galactusischere
I can't argue against that. Being one of the biggest jobberrs in all comics and all.

psycho gundam
Strength, durability, speed cause these qualities are not changeable by apocalypse's will right?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
cause these qualities are not changeable by apocalypse's will right?
He's never increased his speed. Nor has he any strength feats that can match DD.

Harbinger
Never seen Apoc display FTL reflexes on panel, though. DD keeps up with Supes (who we know is FTL) and has steadily shown the ability to son him H2H.

Apoc is sorely out of his league here.

Placidity
cause these qualities are not changeable by apocalypse's will right?

State to what level, rather than leave it ambiguous to your advantage. If you think he can increase his stats to Doomsday's level, than make the direct claim.

pinksushi1
He can't.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Harbinger
Never seen Apoc display FTL reflexes on panel, though. DD keeps up with Supes (who we know is FTL) and has steadily shown the ability to son him H2H.

Apoc is sorely out of his league here.

Have you seen his fights with HE and Ikaris? He does his teleporting thing.

He had the upper advantage over Loki who is >>>>>Superman and Doomsday.

and Superman has blitzed DD before.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0409/Xforce16-015.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0497/Xforce16-016.jpg

Placidity
Originally posted by pinksushi1
He can't.

Yup, and he knows it too. I hate it when people use dishonest tactics in debates.

galactusischere
Apoc can merge himself with Doomsday on touch as well.

Omega Vision

Loki who is >>>>>Superman and Doomsday.

No, just no.

galactusischere
No, just no.

Loki won the thread by a large margin.

psycho gundam
doomsday keeping up with "ftl" superman is a forum myth, how it keeps being perpetuated is mystery to me. not saying he's slow but he doesn't gain superman's supposed speed (hint* superman wasn't faster than light, the word you're looking for rhymes with light though)
just by not getting blown out by his speed.

apocalypse can just will jets and whatever to simulate high speed travel, or use his levitation powers to move fast. he's also capable of pulling off plasticman-esk malleability, and without pis in the equation he can't be stretched to incapacitation (apocalypse could reform from being torn anyway)

and people are forgetting that apocalypse's body isn't easy to adapt to, he has hundreds of on panel transformations which are only the tip of the iceberg of what he could do and that's just talking about his atomic restructuring alone, without mixing it with his other abilities.

stalemate

Harbinger
Neither HE nor Ikaris are FTL.

Loki is not Supes/DD.

Superman has blitzed DD before (though I can only remember him doing this to DOS DD), but Doomsday has regularly gotten the upper hand on Supes in H2H combat. Hell, even DOS Doomsday was a team wrecker; one of DD's weaker incarnations would give Apoc trouble.

Apoc has the versatility, and the skillset to beat DOS Doomsday given that that version was put down by sheer brute force. He has no shot against any other version; he simply doesn't have the speed, nor the power required to put him down.

galactusischere

Loki is not Supes/DD.

Superman has blitzed DD before (though I can only remember him doing this to DOS DD), but Doomsday has regularly gotten the upper hand on Supes in H2H combat. Hell, even DOS Doomsday was a team wrecker; one of DD's weaker incarnations would give Apoc trouble.

Apoc has the versatility, and the skillset to beat DOS Doomsday given that that version was put down by sheer brute force. He has no shot against any other version; he simply doesn't have the speed, nor the power required to put him down.

Their blasts are FTL(H/E and Ikaris).

Apoc can TELEPORT. Teleporting>Speed. Apoc can become as strong as he wants to become(proven), etc.

and Superman doesn't have FTL combat speed.

I find it funny how Apoc can curbstomp WWH in a thread but can't defeat regular Doomsday.

Omega Vision
Loki won the thread by a large margin.
You put way too much stock in what the majority opinion in a thread is. Loki being able to beat Superman doesn't make him>>>>>>Superman. And he'd be useless against DD.

psycho gundam

Loki is not Supes/DD.

that's nice, nvr mentioned that at all.

superman barely does that also by the way, he's faster than the human eye most of the time, but then again so are flies.

flies are ftl right?

Apoc has the versatility, and the skillset to beat DOS Doomsday given that that version was put down by sheer brute force. He has no shot against any other version; he simply doesn't have the speed, nor the power required to put him down. superman is faster than doomsday, dd just has the physicality to take and return the punishment to wera down superman over time, OWAW superman fought a shitty doomsday, but also displayed his best fighting ever. that's why he looked so damn good (no homo)

apocalypse doesn't have to get fansy, he just has to grow big as shit then do his best rumble from transformers impression on the same doomsday rex and it'll be just as embarrassing. big deal.

pinksushi1
Have you seen his fights with HE and Ikaris? He does his teleporting thing.

He had the upper advantage over Loki who is >>>>>Superman and Doomsday.

and Superman has blitzed DD before.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0409/Xforce16-015.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0497/Xforce16-016.jpg

That incarnation of the High Evolutionary was not at full power. The High Evolutionary at full power managed to go toe-to-toe with Galactus. Furthermore, Apocalypse never completely defeated Loki anyway, especially since Apocalypse is vulnerable to Loki's magical powers.

galactusischere
And DD would be even more useless against Loki.
One time Loki's head was cut off, but Loki casually picked up his head from the ground and put it back..

Harbinger
Their blasts are FTL(H/E and Ikaris).

Apoc can TELEPORT. Teleporting>Speed. Apoc can become as strong as he wants to become(proven), etc.

and Superman doesn't have FTL combat speed.

I find it funny how Apoc can curbstomp WWH in a thread but can't defeat regular Doomsday.
Please. It's been shown on this forum time and time again that Supes has FTL combat speed. I don't really feel like going down that road with you.

As for Apoc, a few things:
- I've already conceded that Apoc can defeat DOS Doomsday
- When the hell has Apoc shown that he can become "as strong as he wants to become?" What's his best strength feat, because I'm willing to bet it pales in comparison to what DD has done on panel.
- Apoc curbstomps WWH because Hulk is a one trick pony: he's got brute strength as that's about it. Doomsday not only has great strength, but insane adaptability as well.

pinksushi1
I am not even entirely sure that Apocalypse can defeat World War Hulk. World War Hulk withstood Black Bolt's attacks and even managed to overcome some magical attacks. Go figure.

pinksushi1
Please. It's been shown on this forum time and time again that Supes has FTL combat speed. I don't really feel like going down that road with you.

As for Apoc, a few things:
- I've already conceded that Apoc can defeat DOS Doomsday
- When the hell has Apoc shown that he can become "as strong as he wants to become?" What's his best strength feat, because I'm willing to bet it pales in comparison to what DD has done on panel.
- Apoc curbstomps WWH because Hulk is a one trick pony: he's got brute strength as that's about it. Doomsday not only has great strength, but insane adaptability as well.

Regarding Apocalypse's strength: He managed to restrain the Hulk, who was in an enraged state.

psycho gundam
Doomsday not only has great strength, but insane adaptability as well. that'd be a bytch to try and prove in a tournament setting that that would get you a win against someone like apocalypse.

Harbinger
that's nice, nvr mentioned that at all.

superman barely does that also by the way, he's faster than the human eye most of the time, but then again so are flies.

flies are ftl right?

superman is faster than doomsday, dd just has the physicality to take and return the punishment to wera down superman over time, OWAW superman fought a shitty doomsday, but also displayed his best fighting ever. that's why he looked so damn good (no homo)

apocalypse doesn't have to get fansy, he just has to grow big as shit then do his best rumble from transformers impression on the same doomsday rex and it'll be just as embarrassing. big deal. The remarks concerning Ikaris weren't directed towards you.

Supes may be faster than DD, but at the very least, DD has to have tremendous reflexes not only to keep up with Supes, but to beat him H2H (which he has done, multiple times). He hasn't always had to simply wear Supes down, either; hell, a Mother Box-amped Supes got swatted away by HP DD.

Again, I agree that Apoc can easily take DD's weaker incarnations. I still think he has no shot against HP or Gog Wars DD, though.

pinksushi1
The point is that Doomsday will continue to adapt to Apocalypse's attacks and will continue to return to the battle, no matter what happens.

galactusischere
Doomsday doesn't adapt on the fly PS. Atleast not regular DD that we're talking about here.

Apoc at regular size restrained Hulk, with a smile on his face saying that Hulk's arrogant struggle is pointless, etc.

Anyways anymore opinions on this?

Batman-Prime
Doomsday would make a fine Horseman, Death.

But he should win this, depends on the incarnation he could even stomp.

psycho gundam
superman in H/P was relying on his gear the entire time, he was scared of doomsday and felt the new genesis stuff would save him.... wrong.

owaw superman would have at least lasted longer without the tech on, he used his brain.

yes doomsday has the reflexes, but he also has the durability and strength (that is dynamic) to make his reflexes matter. same as nur

doomsday's speed meant nothing against the radiant cause that was a different opponent, just like in this instance. he will have to adapt to the best of his abilities to another guy who adapts via will on the fly as well, but he can also change his physical might which is something doomsday can't do.

galactusischere
Apoc can also fly...

pinksushi1
Even Darkseid was afraid of Doomsday and requested Superman's help to battle him.

galactusischere
Hunter Prey DD would stomp Apoc. Any other would lose.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Even Darkseid was afraid of Doomsday and requested Superman's help to battle him. one of the worst bits of writing in comic history.

kirby's bones must have twitched from that moment.

pinksushi1
Yep. LOL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.