The Scourge Vs. Huryle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Miria
http://wow.allakhazam.com/Im/width=300/46929

The Scourge has come to Huryle and are not sated until it is under their rule. Note that this is not Link Vs. The Scourge, but the forces of Huryle against the forces of the Scourge.

XanatosForever
The land is called Hyrule, Miria.

Burning thought
Do the scourge get their leaders such as LK and Keltuzard?

Phantom Miria
Like in Warcraft, they get their leaders mostly to protect themselves from retaliation. The lesser commanders and the fodder are the ones that will wage war. The Lich King and Kel'Thuzad for example has their duties to bolster the Scourge forces, as they do in World of Warcraft.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
The land is called Hyrule, Miria.

Thank you

LLLLLink
So, this means that Link is not present? Also, which land of Hyrule are we referencing?

If it's TP Hyrule and Link isn't there, Scourge in an epic stomp. Them soldiers are pussies.

fascistcrusader
Let's say it's Hyrule during the Great Seal War mentioned in LttP. That way Hyrule has the Hylian Knights as well as the sages.

MooCowofJustice
Which Hyrule? The land changed incredibly over time, along with it's inhabitants.

Edit: Oh, are we using the Imprisoning War Hyrule?

Q'Anilia
What kind of forces does Hyrule have?

MooCowofJustice
Depends on which Hyrule. Personally I suggest TP Hyrule as it has Zoras, large Gorons, the large snowbeast, the special group that tries to help Link free Hyrule, and all of Ganondorf's forces in the desert.

WW Hyrule would probably give a good battlefield advantage though. Well, unless The Scourge are experienced with sailing.

OoT Hyrule could do better than TP Hyrule as it has that incredibly huge Goron of Death Mountain and plenty of the Gerudo, as well as Zoras. I don't think OoT soldiers were as worthless as TP soldiers, either.

Actually, I'm gonna recommend OoT for Biggoron. thumb up

The Scenario
OoT does have a Goron the size of mountain. If you want to go with MM stuff, Gorons can sheath themselves in fire when they roll, and use flaming punches. Zoras can generate magical barriers and throw their fins like boomerangs. Or does Termina not count for being an alternate dimension?

Oh well, I'm pretty sure Hyrule would lose even though Ganondorf can pull an army out of his ass.

MooCowofJustice
Wait, we have Ganondorf, Link and Zelda out there too?

The Scenario
I thought we were including Ganondorf's forces as well. If Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all out there, it's an auto-win due to Triforce.

LLLLLink
I had assumed "no".

MooCowofJustice
Pretty much. But what encompasses Hyrule Forces needs to be specified. If we can include some dungeon bosses we also have Volvagia and some other powerful creatures out there.

Q'Anilia
I do not think the battle take place during any game. I imagine it is the default forces of Hyrule that defend themselves from the Scourge.

Anyway, it takes more than muscle to bring down the Scourge. Brawn doesn't cut it.

MooCowofJustice
I don't know who the Scourge are. What makes it so that they can't just be powered through? If anything can, I'd say an army of Zoras, Gorons, Gerudo and some dungeon bosses could do it. Especially with one Goron the size of a mountain and several others that are also very large.

Q'Anilia
The Scourge:

PcRg_O9TNjU

The thing about the Scourge that make brawn unable to do the trick, is that their numbers are near infinite and they also plague living beings and have them join their ranks. The Scourge is a circle system that you have a really hard time getting rid of, once it is established. With poisons, gas and magic, they will increase in numbers virtually regardless of how many you kill.

The mountain sized Goron would prove problematic, but if Warcraft has taught us one thing, it is that its magic should never be excluded from an equation. Mere scouting units of the Scourge has proven capable of turning a body against itself and have its skeleton tear out of its fleshly prison and serve the Scourge. The mountain sized Goron may not be effected by such minor moves, but sooner or later, it too would fall, if all it has is its size.

As recently proven though, you can not stop the Scourge even should you sever its head (Kill the Lich King). Common soldiers are not intelligent enough to stop the Scourge. It would need the involvement of Ganondorf, Link or someone with the capability to sever its mass production.

hT8FDG6hfdM

MooCowofJustice
So they're like a Warcraft version of Tyranids and Zerg. This is sounding like a spite thread as Hyrule wouldn't be large enough to have fair numbers.

Any durability feats for the Lich King? If we can't have Link, Ganon or Zelda to kill him I'm hoping Biggoron can just step on him or something.

Q'Anilia
U7hNHGvGAl4

08:45

That is his only significant durability feat and not even I know how good it actually is. If a giant stomped on him, he might fall. The problem is that he can phase shift, meaning he leave the physical realm behind. Warcraft 3 define phase shifting as leaving existence and returning a short period later, but that is just one of his many abilities.

The problem with defeating the Lich King, is that he can go spiritual at will, much like Ysera. If he knows you're coming, there's no way of killing him. The only times things has gone bad for him, is when he has been caught of guard:
Light's Hope, having his heart destroyed, Wrathgate and Tirion Fordring's connection to the Light.

Hyrule needs Link, Ganondorf or some significant other character to fight the Lich King. Meager brawns won't do it. Without the heroes or villains of Zelda, this pretty much is a spite. As Phantom Miria said, Lich King is actually involved in this invasion. Passive as he may be, that makes the Scourge a very intelligent force in addition to their unlimited numbers and their ability to turn entire armies against themselves.

MooCowofJustice
I'd bet a couple Light Arrows would do some damage. Certainly the Master Sword and most likely Ganondorf.

Would The Scourge have any way to stop Biggoron if he began rolling? Even human sized Gorons move pretty fast when rolling, thinking about the amount of distance Biggoron could cover in a short amount of time is pretty impressive. I'm thinking if one step from a giant might finish him, Biggoron could do some serious damage to the entire army by himself in one charge.

LLLLLink
Or if there was prep time, Biggoron could supply Hyrule with his handmade weapons, which is the best Hyrule has to offer.
That said, though, its still pretty much up to Biggoron and Volvagia (since he was around before Ganon revived him).

MooCowofJustice
Volvagia is technically a planet buster.

Then there's all the other bosses too, like Dark Link and the rest that I don't really remember.

LLLLLink
Bongo Bongo would prove annoying, as would the magic of Twinrova (they are Ganondorf's "godmothers", but not nearly as powerful as him)

A redead/gibdo platoon would really fvck things up.

Phantom Miria
Anyone that would come to Huryle's defense will come in this thread. Judging by what is said about Huryle, let us make this TP Huryle.

MooCowofJustice
K. Well, at least we still have a big Goron, not Biggoron, but he's pretty big. And we have Darbus, he's Goronly. Oh, and the awesome abominable snowman guy.

So Link and Zelda for sure are out there. What else..., uh. We have the Ooccoo or whatever. And they have that powerful cannon up in their City in the Sky. THEY COULD SHOOST GORONS OUT OF IT!

I dunno if Ganondorf would show up. I'd assume he would since he wants to rule Hyrule and not let it be destroyed. Not sure about all of the bosses, either. Maybe the dragon. Possibly the spider. Most of them are probably a no since they're a result of the Fused Shadows or Mirror Shards.

Phantom Miria
The same apply to the Scourge. They get the strategies and members that would participate in conquest. Darion and the Ebon Blade serve the Lich King here.

MooCowofJustice
I'm still enjoying the possibility of shooting Gorons out of a cannon in the sky at the bosses. thumb up

So what do Darion and the Ebon Blade do?

Ima make a guess: Darion is a big monster pet/summon and Ebon Blade is a living sword.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm still enjoying the possibility of shooting Gorons out of a cannon in the sky at the bosses. thumb up

So what do Darion and the Ebon Blade do?

Ima make a guess: Darion is a big monster pet/summon and Ebon Blade is a living sword.

The Ebon Blade is a faction of Death Knights and Darion is their leader.

MooCowofJustice
Ah.

They're special, magical knights, right? 'cause Death Knights can't just be a faction of regular Knights. They've got uber armor or something.

Q'Anilia
JmXgSMw-C6k

LLLLLink
Darknut Army.

I miss the Iron Knuckles.

MooCowofJustice
Floormasters. Send The Scourge back to WoW.

fascistcrusader
I've gotta give the win to Hyrule here, given that I find Ganon's forces more impressive than the scourge.

LLLLLink
Yeah, and tons of Beamos.

ArtificialGlory
Needs less Scourge and more Burning Legion.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Needs less Scourge and more Burning Legion.

Burning Legion versus Hyrule would be spite if anything stick out tongue

LLLLLink
9HUawGqnoDc

Apply this to the thread. History will repeat itself.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by LLLLLink
9HUawGqnoDc

Apply this to the thread. History will repeat itself.

I can imagine the Lich King making an entrance like this.

MooCowofJustice
I'll bet the Lich King was a lot cooler than Zant. Well, Zant WAS cool for a while. Like when he was beating the hell out of Midna. But then he started talking, and he got less cool because he treated that sickening thing like it was important.

LLLLLink

And then Link solos and restores the land to peace.

Jk.

Q'Anilia

Looks like something he would do.

Burning thought
The fear of the scourge overunning Azeroth seemed pretty real to me. If the scourge can>>Azeroth even without their masters then I think Hyrule should be no problem.

LLLLLink
Did we agree that Link, Ganon, etc were in this fight or out?

Burning thought
Its not that important if LK and his other generals are in.....

LLLLLink
What?

MooCowofJustice
They're in, 5L, which means that generals shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Gorons out of the cannon in the sky. Just saying it again.

Burning thought
Pff, LK aside from himself has a vast number of Generous covering Northrend and probably beyond. If you grab all the heroes from Naxxramas, Icecrown and the random dungeons around Northrend filled with entities that serve him.

I dont see LoZ comparing.

Can Scourge get Galakrond? stick out tongue

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Pff, LK aside from himself has a vast number of Generous covering Northrend and probably beyond. If you grab all the heroes from Naxxramas, Icecrown and the random dungeons around Northrend filled with entities that serve him.

I dont see LoZ comparing.

Can Scourge get Galakrond? stick out tongue

They haven't resurrected Galakrond yet.

LLLLLink
Ganondorf.
Also, terminal velocity goron projectiles. A goron jumping 2 ft off the ground leaves a crater. What in the name of God would this do?

Burning thought
They haven't resurrected Galakrond yet.

Yeah but he is cool, he would be a nice addition.

Ganondorf.
Also, terminal velocity goron projectiles. A goron jumping 2 ft off the ground leaves a crater. What in the name of God would this do?

Considering Links weight is enough to knock them over/trip them when he is wearing iron, I can guess it would shatter the Goron as he hits the ground?

Q'Anilia
Ganondorf.

Good idea. Destroy the land you are trying to defend.

LLLLLink
The killing is worth it. But thanks for admitting that they possess country destroying power smile

Q'Anilia
The killing is worth it. But thanks for admitting that they possess country destroying power smile

Throw enough stones and you break a house.

How is it worth it? Even should each Goron kill a hundred Scourge when they impact, it will not so much as dent their numbers and the Goron will be resurrected and serve the Scourge.

LLLLLink
No, cuz Ganon would resurrect the goron first.

Burning thought
Is there canon that describes why a necromancer cannot resurrect a destroyed skeleton/zombie/artificial construct? resurrect what had already been resurrected?

LLLLLink
BT, are you high? laughing

Q'Anilia
Is there canon that describes why a necromancer cannot resurrect a destroyed skeleton/zombie/artificial construct? resurrect what had already been resurrected?

Headless Horseman, The Dark Knight, Patchwerk

Burning thought
I assume they tell us that they cannot be resurrected after being destroyed once again?

Ah well, just a suggestion.

The scourge are still vast and varied, thousands of liches, magic users, archers, warriors and undead of all kinds vs what exactly? a few large or powerful entities. Scourge also has that covered.

MooCowofJustice
I really wasn't thinking the Goron out of a cannon for much more than an easy kill on the LK or any of his generals. And there's a cannon on the ground too, so that'd work just as nicely.

The way I see it, the Gorons are like an uber cavalry. The momentum from their charge wouldn't stop when it hit the other army.

Burning thought
Play a warcraft game.

Q'Anilia
I assume they tell us that they cannot be resurrected after being destroyed once again?

Ah well, just a suggestion.

The scourge are still vast and varied, thousands of liches, magic users, archers, warriors and undead of all kinds vs what exactly? a few large or powerful entities. Scourge also has that covered.

Misunderstood you there. Patchwerk, Headless Horseman and the Black Knight are walking examples that dying after your first resurrection is not the end of things.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Misunderstood you there. Patchwerk, Headless Horseman and the Black Knight are walking examples that dying after your first resurrection is not the end of things.

Excellent then so my suggestion that the Scourge could just resurrect its forces even after having them destroyed is possible? so even if the Gorons destroy a few hundred skeletons, the necromancers bring them back AND the goron....

So launching Gorons is just bolstering the LK forces.

MooCowofJustice
Play a warcraft game.

i dun need 2. i haz wikis an vidyas

Burning thought
Not quite, unless youve researched outside of this thread (doubt it, your too lazy and youve missed out key things) then so far you have mostly statements.

Also how protected is this silly little cannon? whats stopping a few Wyrms from just freezing it? or better yet dropping off sorcerors/skeletons to take control of it and attack the Zelda forces with it?

MooCowofJustice
ive seen plenty of vidyas on it. and its clearly all toonforce. it defies physics and theres no reason within its fiction that he can do any of that.

and look at it, it has colors, only cartoons have color.

The Scenario
I don't think Hyrule can win this one. They don't have any way to deal with a plague, and have zero useful flyers outside of, say, Argorok, and that's only one dragon. Their magic consists of Ganondorf and Zelda. The soldiers are cowards.

You think Midna would do anything here?

Burning thought
http://giblar.com/games/click/link%20windwaker.JPG

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/games/images/news/0809/lichkingdate.jpg

Yehhhh, comparing them the LK is more of a Toon than Link!

ScreamPaste
Edit: @Scenario

Midna did bust a castle by hitting Ganondorf, so, yes. stick out tongue

@BT: True story: WW has one of the most serious plot lines in gaming. GJ basing your assumptions on graphics.

Burning thought
Cartoons cannot have serious storylines? mkay.......

The Scenario
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Edit: @Scenario

Midna did bust a castle by hitting Ganondorf, so, yes. stick out tongue

@BT: True story: WW has one of the most serious plot lines in gaming. GJ basing your assumptions on graphics.

I know. What I meant was "is the twilight realm allowed?" That would solve a few things.

Picture this: an army of shadow creatures that turn people into more of them. Similiar to the scourge, in fact. Now, as long as at least one troop in the army is alive, it is able to revive every single one of the others. It was annoying when there were just four of them. An army would be a nightmare.

MooCowofJustice
I'd go as far to say, Scenario, that Light Arrows are more powerful magic than anything the Lich King has been hit with.

Q'Anilia
I'd go as far to say, Scenario, that Light Arrows are more powerful magic than anything the Lich King has been hit with.

What makes you say that?

Burning thought
Let me take a guess, because its from LoZ and its magic from the goddesses or something?

MooCowofJustice
It's just like an arrow form of the Master Sword, built to destroy evil. Divine power from the goddesses, disintegrates anything it hits, and its actually strong enough to harm Ganondorf.

Burning thought
Thought so, almost spot on lol.

MooCowofJustice
Now if only that mattered.

Burning thought
and its actually strong enough to harm Ganondorf.

This detail is also overhyped and overused in Link threads.

ScreamPaste
BT; you're derailing a perfectly good discussion. Can you not troll every thread with a Zelda character in it?

Anyway, on topic: Q', do we know how the Lich King was destroyed yet?

MooCowofJustice
This detail is also overhyped and overused in Link threads.

So is this one.

Q'Anilia
BT; you're derailing a perfectly good discussion. Can you not troll every thread with a Zelda character in it?

Anyway, on topic: Q', do we know how the Lich King was destroyed yet?

Tirion Fordring shattered Frostmourne. As he did, every soul that Lich King had claimed turned against him. During this process, the Lich King was killed.

The Lich King survived though, only Arthas died.

Burning thought
I wonder whats stopping any Lich or higher more intelligent scourge of just picking up the Helm of dominance and becoming the new LK if the old is destroyed?

Also Tirian was instantly frozen in a block of ice from the start of the fight, same would prob happen to Ganon or Link.

Edit: I think the LK also instantly kills all party members with a spell.

MooCowofJustice
Link is protected from evil magic via the Master Sword and Ganondorf is just too good.

ArtificialGlory
Link is protected from evil magic via the Master Sword and Ganondorf is just too good.

There isn't such a thing as "evil" magic in Warcraft.

Q'Anilia
At the end of the Lich King battle, the Lich King confess his plans and that the Horde and Alliance played right into them. That he all along planned for things to happen like this and that it was his plan for brave heroes to come and fight him.
If considered formidable enough, he would slay them and resurrect them as his servants and with them, end the world.

After realizing the heroes were formidable, yes, he killed them.

Q'Anilia
There isn't such a thing as "evil" magic in Warcraft.

This is true. The Light as well as the Elements accept Darkness as part of them and Darkness by definition is not evil in Warcraft.

Burning thought
The evil magic rubbish is a no limit fallacy with a bit of assumption thrown in to boot.

Lk could prob instant freeze dorf or link and then continue to kill their entire army using infest which contiues to go from one character to another until the army is dead and LK is stronger than before.

the LK can summon winter storms, he can also harvest souls.

Even more interesting would be defile, toss it in the middle of th Hyrule army and pretty soon, it will cover the entire battlefield. Thats ignoring Frostmourne fury which is a more powerful attack that strikes all targets present. (10/25 respectfully)

ScreamPaste
But their use would register as evil to the sword.

The Scenario
This is true. The Light as well as the Elements accept Darkness as part of them and Darkness by definition is not evil in Warcraft.

Just saying, there isn't exactly evil magic in Zelda. That was the entire reason Midna existed. In Zelda, "evil magic" is any magic that comes from an evil person.

Q'Anilia
But their use would register as evil to the sword.

How does it determine good from evil?

The Scenario
How does it determine good from evil?

Arbitrarily set by either the Sages that made it or the current weilder. Of course, since it can only be weilded by the pure of heart, I'm leaning towards arbitrarily set by the Sages.

ScreamPaste
The sword's also hinted at many times as being sentient, such as when it "chooses" it's wielder and the like. Any magic being used for a bad purpose = bad, imho.

Q'Anilia
So there is no clear knowledge on how it decide good from evil?

ScreamPaste
Other than that it does, not really.

There's no "evil" magic in Zelda, just magic used for evil.

Q'Anilia
The definition of evil is very wide. Nothing you or Scenario said helped narrow it down.

The Scenario
Which is sort of why the Master Sword seems to work on everything.

Burning thought
So far I have seen it reverse an evil curse, Scenario what other canon powers has it shown to defeat/nullify?

Q'Anilia
So the Master Sword would protect Link from Thrall respective Varian?

ScreamPaste
I see no reason why not.

Ganon's power is the power of the goddess Din. She's definitely one of the good guys. The sword protects him from that just fine.

Q'Anilia
But you said evil users

ScreamPaste
Evil uses. Ganon uses it for evil.

Q'Anilia
So help me get this in perspective: Vaian Wrynn finds Thrall to be strictly evil. Should Varian Wrynn carry the Master Sword, would it protect him from Thrall?

ScreamPaste
If it's Vaian's perception that counts, then yes. It could be the sword's rather than Link's, for instance, what with the sword probably being sentient.

But in your example, if it's the wielder's perception who matters, then yes. The sword would never allow an evil person to touch it, though, so it more likely relies on the sword. (Who seems to agree with Link on the definition of evil so it doesn't make much difference @_@ but it's an odd detail.)

Q'Anilia
Did not bring me any more clarity. So good and evil is biased by the sword?

ScreamPaste
Pretty much. The sword decides what's good and evil, and defends it's wielder.

Burning thought
But anyway now that weve discussed that we can get to LK soloing Hyrule with nothing but his gameplay powers.

MooCowofJustice
Shouldn't you be pulling the wings off flies somewhere?

Burning thought
I am, hence why Screams and your arguments do not get off the ground!

lulzor!

MooCowofJustice
9 British faggotrys.

iChaos
/facepalm

MooCowofJustice
Alright, that wasn't even a post from BT but I'll count it anyway.

4 British faggotrys.

Q'Anilia
Stop trolling, baiting or whatever it is you are doing.

iChaos
Lol.

Cyner
So far I have seen it reverse an evil curse, Scenario what other canon powers has it shown to defeat/nullify?

TK, Polymorph, break/dispel/open/close barriers/dimensional barriers, seal power, makes darkness waves(whatever that's supposed to be) ineffective.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Cyner
break/dispel/open/close barriers/dimensional barriers, seal power

Sounds like some easily hyped scenarios. What happened there?

Cyner
Sounds like some easily hyped scenarios. What happened there?

Break - In WW Link approaches Ganon's Barrier that covers all of hyrule deep in the ocean and cuts it open, shattering the barrier with the MS

Open/Close - in TP Link plunges the sword into the pedestal of time and it opens a up doors to the sacred realm(parallel dimension to Hyrule) where the temple of light is. stabbing the blade into it again seals the door

Also in OoT removing the sword from the pedestal of time opens the way to the sacred realm. Replacing it seals the way

Dispel - in ALttP Link uses the MS to dispel the barrier blocking the way to Agahnim(sp?)

Power Seal - in WW when you remove the Master Sword you quickly come to learn that the sword was the only thing that had sealed Ganon's power for centuries and now he could unleash his power against the world.

At the end of the game you seal his face with the sword... lulz

that's all I can think of now but I think there's some other stuff with the Twilight Realm or something...

The Scenario
When Link is permanently transformed into a wolf by Zant (by shoving a crystal into his skull), the Master Sword is able to transform him back, and remove the crystal.

Ganondorf, Phantom Ganon, Aganhim, Puppet Zelda, etc. usually attack by throwing balls of energy, and Link must reflect them with the Master Sword. This is so common that is actually has a name, "Dead Man's Volley."

It also fluctuates wildly in power. It can be upgraded, like when it is tempered, infused with Great Fairy magic, or absorbs the Twili Sols. It also decreases, such as when Ganondorf kills the Sage's praying for its power or in the Oracle games where it lost power.

It did break the barrier around Hyrule Castle, seal the majority of Ganondorf's power and freeze Hyrule Castle in time, etc. too, like Cyner said.

Burning thought
But this will not help him if hes frozen in a block of ice....

MooCowofJustice
He won't be. You know, being protected from evil magic and all that.

Phantom Miria
Those sound to me like very unique scenarios and not something that can be used to claim the Master Sword as protector against all evil. The talk about the seal and about the Sacred Realm make me look at it more like a key than an anti-evil weapon.

Warcraft characters break barriers all the time. The fact that Link has broken some, does not make his weapon all that ultimate. From what I have seen, Ganondorf is inferior top-class Warcraft magicians.

Bottom line: How do you know you are not listing its duties, rather than its functions?

He won't be. You know, being protected from evil magic and all that.

Yes, we know. His No-Limit function that protect him from all magic by all his enemies, who by fighting him are by definition evil.

ScreamPaste
How can you complete a duty that you're functionally incapable of? wink

Phantom Miria
Duties are limitations. The purpose of the sword could be those things, but that does not make it able to redo all things alike, related and lesser.

Phantom Miria
I want you to note that both factions in this thread will act as they would in their respective games. "PIS" and "CIS" apply to this thread. It is not that everyone learn about this invasion at the same time and everyone unite against it. Characters and races still have their personalities and more.

Burning thought
So the LK will sit and brood at his point of entry and not send the full might of his armies forwards?

Phantom Miria
The Scourge will probably spread out and move in as much as necessary. If met by resistance, he will probably enforce that line of invasion with further and stronger units. If I understood the Scourge right, their primary task will be to employ the Plague.

Burning thought
I think with the rules the way they are, Hyrule has no chance if the scourge is going to use the same tactics as they did on Azeroth, the majority of Hyrule will simply die of the plague, probably eventually even Link, Ganondorf I am not so sure of.

The only reason in Azeroth that the cult of the damned and the LK plague did not do so is because not only do the races of Kalimor and eastern kingdoms have more powerful and more numerous sorcerors but the cult of the damned did not have the full might of the scourge as they do here.

Phantom Miria
Actually, it has turned out that the reason the Scourge did not do a killing blow against Azeroth, is because the Lich King wanted the Horde and Alliance to raise an army and fight him. When you attack him in World of Warcraft, he reveal that he intended for things to go this way. He planned on having champions come and hoped they would defeat all his strongest servants, so he could kill them, reanimate them as his own and end Azeroth with an elite group.

What he basically wanted, was for the Horde and Alliance to train his elite.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
Actually, it has turned out that the reason the Scourge did not do a killing blow against Azeroth, is because the Lich King wanted the Horde and Alliance to raise an army and fight him. When you attack him in World of Warcraft, he reveal that he intended for things to go this way. He planned on having champions come and hoped they would defeat all his strongest servants, so he could kill them, reanimate them as his own and end Azeroth with an elite group.

What he basically wanted, was for the Horde and Alliance to train his elite.

Yes I guess so, so maybe he will allow Link, Ganon or a group of LoZ heroes reach him or his generals assumimg they can defeat his lesser minions.

Phantom Miria
Has Huryle ever dealt with something like a plague?

Burning thought
I dont know, from what evidence I have seen so far most opponents assault it through strength of arms. Ganondorf even with the most powerful object in their universe decided to apparently attack it with an army.

The only thing that comes close is the one with Zant in it (twilight princess?) where the land is covered in twilight, it was not really a plague though that killed everyone, it was more like overlapping one dimension over an other.

ScreamPaste
Hyrule*

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The blade's "duty" is to be the blade of evil's bane.

Congrats, this part is mostly true.

However: You left out the shadow beasts and zombies from TP and OoT respectively.

LLLLLink
Iron Knuckle army. o_O

The Scenario
There is only one plague in Hyrule's history that I know of. Aganhim, Ganondorf's servant/alter ego/possession host (not quite clear) caused several natural disasters and then solved them in order to get close to the King. Plagues were among these disasters, and he both created and cured them with magic. Then he waved a hand and mind controlled all of Hyrule's soldiers at once, but that's not important right now.

But really, Hyrule can't win this one. They don't have a way to deal with Frostwyrms or other flyers, the Hyrule castle soldiers are cowards, and the Gorons are too prideful to ask for help. Zoras are ridiculously vulnerable to ice, too.

However, they may have a chance given Ganondorf's skill at necromancy and monster summoning. Then there's also the Twili armies. All of Ganondorf's minions disappear in a puff of smoke when killed, so they can't be raised, and many are already undead, such as Stalfos and Redeads. Twili beasts are able to revive themselves as long as one remains alive, and when all are killed tend to dissolve into twilight matter.

Phantom Miria
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The blade's "duty" is to be the blade of evil's bane.

Something I am sure it does quite well. What I am saying is that some of the things listed could not necessarily be evil, but rather just additional functions and unrelated to the fact that it is a bane of evil.

ScreamPaste
@Scenario:

I do think that the Gorons, Twilight beasts, and Ganon's minions would do well. The largest problem being numbers. Ganon can raise dead Gorons, however, and summon/create more minions as time goes on. The twilight beasts won't go down until all are slain, and Goron's are insanely physicly powerful. If you remember the pillar in snowpeak temple (Majora's Mask) you know what I mean. wink If bosses and named characters are actually allowed in the fray, things will get very interesting. CIS included, that does not prohibit Ganon mindcontrolling the soldiers of Hyrule for his own purposes/army. (Making them less coward, more berzerker!)

Also, I'd love to see Dark Knuts/Iron Knuckles wade through the battlefield. This thread is promising.

@Phantom Miria: It does act like a key to the sacred realm, for example, but that's never used in a versus debate because Link isn't likely to throw someone into the sacred realm if it's unnecessary. The sword does a whole lot of awesome stuff. Only one thing I can think of that would not be useful in combat, and I listed it. I've never used it in a v.s. thread either, but I could. It'd just be a flavourful way to end a v.s. match. Everything else it does can and has been useful in combat.

LLLLLink
Death Armos would make nice sentries.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Armos

Phantom Miria
They only exist in the Stone Tower Temple though. Would Zelda send for them and employ them in battle, should she deem the Scourge a large enough threat?

ScreamPaste
I don't think she could. Termina is an alternate world that Link finds by.. Falling into a hole in the ground. Yeah.

The Scenario
Said hole in the ground was also in the middle of the Lost Woods, the setting's Enchanted Forest type area.

LLLLLink
I don't think she could. Termina is an alternate world that Link finds by.. Falling into a hole in the ground. Yeah.

I forgot about that. laughing
I got carried away on the Zelda enemy list.

Phantom Miria
So

Scourge won?

ScreamPaste
Not necessarily. Hyrule has many things present within it that can give it inherent advantages.

For example: if Ganon were to shroud the land in Twilight to defend it from attack, that could really mess up the Scourge's advance.

Nobody gonna conquer Hyrule but him! Territorial villains ftw.

Phantom Miria
The Lich King has the valkyries and the spirit realm still, though. Knowing Lich King though, he would probably let Ganon conquer Hyrule first and then try take the ruins from him.

ScreamPaste
He'd probably have an easier time attacking before Ganon conquered it, tbh. Ganon's a master manipulator and a great tactician, as well though. In several games he's had Link working against himself without even knowing it, or conquered Hyrule without lifting a finger of his own.

Phantom Miria
Have you seen the chain of events in World of Warcraft? Everything was according to the Lich King's plans. He could have conquered Azeroth without lifting a finger if he really wanted to, as stated by Uther and others. The Scourge had that power. The Lich King just wanted himself an elite, so he let them train themselves against him.

Burning thought
So technically the Lich King could succeed in what the burning legion and Sargeras and the rest of their leaders failed to do?

Phantom Miria
The Lich King would fail to do what the Burning Legion and Sargeras tried to do. Sargeras was never after destroying Azeroth, he wanted the Well of Eternity. Only problem was that he had Deathwing and others to oppose him. Lich King has not had any of the great names against him.

Ysera has overslept, Deathwing has been in hiding, Malygos went insane, Nozdormu does not care and Alexstrasza does not want to fight. Azshara's men as well as Illidan opposed Sargeras. Illidan for one almost destroyed the Lich King twice.

Basically, Sargeras was shit out of luck. The Lich King did not have the same problems he did.

ScreamPaste
So, they're on a similar level as far as tactics and manipulation. If Lich King had a green clad pantheon sent warrior protected from his power to deal with things would go badly for him, too. stick out tongue

Phantom Miria
What do you think Tirion Fordring was?

ScreamPaste
Needs more green!

Y'know. The Lich King is kind of like an amalgam of two of the great badass villains. Ganondorf, and the Witch King. (He even looks and sounds like the Witch King!) And the paralells with Ganondorf are kind of uncanny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.