Fox McCloud vs Albert Wesker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
Fox is fully equipped.

Wesker is in human form the first round and then transforms in round 2.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm assuming this is Smash Fox.

1. Wesker wins due to regeneration.

2. Wesker is slow here and he seems to no different from a Tyrant that gained tentacles and full human intelligence. Fox wins this one.

LLLLLink
No, its canon Fox.

He's got the staff, blasters, etc.

Ridley_Prime
The staff's ground quake might give him some trouble, but I still think Wesker would likely win the first round. The second one, not so much obviously.

Nemesis X
No PG67A/W and Rocket Launcher = one dead fox

LLLLLink
Just so you guys know, Fox has fought off and killed multiple T-rex with that staff.

Now, how long would it take a normal human to beat 1 T-rex to death with a bo staff?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Just so you guys know, Fox has fought off and killed multiple T-rex with that staff.

Now, how long would it take a normal human to beat 1 T-rex to death with a bo staff?

Was that T-Rex one of those human-like dinosaurs that he fights throughout the game?

LLLLLink
No, this was the real deal.
It was pretty awesome, actually.

LLLLLink
Here's the T-rex cutscene:

UGzFAKu9FAY

GrieverSquall
Hmm... Despite that I don't know anything about those characters, I think my vote goes just for the looks. The Fox looks strong.

LLLLLink
Pretty decent reaction times, too, judging by the cutscene.

Ridley_Prime
I know, I have the game.

That depends. Fox's staff had magical powers and stuff to a certain degree, so it was by no means ordinary. Of course, Wesker isn't human himself (anymore), so the time it would take for a human to beat a T-rex is irrelevant.

No, this was the real deal.
It was pretty awesome, actually.
Yeah, but he didn't beat it head-to-head, if you're talking about the King Red-Eye (leader of the T-rex tribe). When it came to the boss, Fox had to wait around and lure it towards a bunch of switches around some hallway, in order to electrocute it so he would have a chance to hit it (PIS). The Red Eye wasn't a creature he could simply beat on his own without some kind of trap for him to use... Now if it had been something he defeated with his staff alone, then it would've been an impressive feat, but that wasn't the case.

LLLLLink
He did stab it in the face.

Ridley_Prime
He did stab it in the face.
That was after King Red Eye got electrocuted/immobilized by some trap a number of times. If Fox was fighting him someplace outside with no electrocution switches (and just his staff), he would've been dino lunch.

Nemesis X
Fox will receive the two finger impalement.

LLLLLink
...and live.

If Sheva can fight Wesker, than Fox is better off than she was.

Thunder Fox
when yo u say fully equipped do you mean from starfox assult as well >> and i count arwing and the land master as equipment as well...

Nemesis X

I call that a gameplay mechanic.

Ridley_Prime
...and live.
What durability feats does Fox have to suggest he would survive an impalement? (not his Arwing, but Fox himself)

That was all PIS, though. She could only hold her own after Wesker was weakened by an overdose of his virus. Before that, she and Chris couldn't even touch him, and Fox is supposed to be able to? Not likely.

Originally posted by Thunder Fox
when yo u say fully equipped do you mean from starfox assult as well >> and i count arwing and the land master as equipment as well...
I'm pretty sure we're only talking about Fox on foot, not everything else. In which case, Wesker dodges everything Fox can throw at him, except maybe the staff's ground quake, unless he does a big jump like he's done in some RE5 cutscenes.

Sin_Volvagia
...and live.

Sheva wasn't alone.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Sheva wasn't alone.
And Fox is according to this match, therefore screwed during the first round. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Nemesis X
I said it before and I'll say it again:

No PG67A/W and no RPG = one dead fox

GOTMFTW
Morridini gave a good reason for having GOTM threads:

Originally posted by Morridini
Having game of the months threads throughout the year would make game of the year simpler, simply take the winners of every month and pit them against eachother. Would be a nice way for older games (released in January-March) to keep the feeling people had towards them when they were new.

They could also be used to maintain/encourage forum activity.

Is there a justification that doesn't consist of:

"Okay, no.

We're not going to do a "game of the month" thread every month.

Just save it until the end of the year."

for not having these threads?

Time and effort was put into the creation and maintenance of those threads and unless I see a valid justification I will be petitioning for a moderatorship removal on the grounds of meaningless abuse of moderating priviliges.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by GOTMFTW
Morridini gave a good reason for having GOTM threads:

They could also be used to maintain/encourage forum activity.

Is there a justification that doesn't consist of:

"Okay, no.

We're not going to do a "game of the month" thread every month.

Just save it until the end of the year."

for not having these threads?

Time and effort was put into the creation and maintenance of those threads and unless I see a valid justification I will be petitioning for a moderatorship removal on the grounds of meaningless abuse of moderating priviliges.

Wrong thread to post that in no expression

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I said it before and I'll say it again:

No PG67A/W and no RPG = one dead fox
To say a character truly needs those in order to beat Wesker would be a no-limits fallacy, but Fox on foot doesn't really have what it takes to hit a bullet timer like Albert with his staff/blaster anyway, so I'd say you're right in this case.

Wrong thread to post that in no expression
lol He spammed that post in multiple threads already. Just ignore the sock.

LLLLLink
Well, consider this:

1) Fox has WAY better feats of agility/acrobatics than Chris or Sheva.

2) Fox is not only equipped with a magic staff, but his blasters, rifles, etc are of a higher technology than was used against Wesker, and therefore, one can assume that they would be more effective or at least provide a performance more difficult for Wesker to handle.

Nemesis X
Well, consider this:

2) Fox is not only equipped with a magic staff, but his blasters, rifles, etc are of a higher technology than was used against Wesker, and therefore, one can assume that they would be more effective or at least provide a performance more difficult for Wesker to handle.

1) No argument there but Wesker is still more agile than Fox.

2) Even though the laser guns are more advanced than human technology, it still doesn't change the fact that the lasers shot out of those weapons are as fast as the average bullet and what do you think Wesker dodges all the time?

Ridley_Prime
Well, consider this:

That's kinda debatable. Of course he has better agility feats on the Arwing and what not, but on foot? I'm not so sure. Been awhile since I've played SF Adventures.

Fox wouldn't be able to push a giant boulder into lava like Chris did without his staff. stick out tongue

Perhaps, if they're actually able to hit him. Wesker has above-human reflexes himself, so pretty much the only way I'd see him getting hit by any of those is if he gets careless or if he becomes overconfident due to his superiority complex.

And it should be noted that Wesker has a gun/projectile of his own, so he's not exactly unarmed himself.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7954/99116844.jpg

Also, what Nemesis said.

SpadeKing
1) No argument there but Wesker is still more agile than Fox.

2) Even though the laser guns are more advanced than human technology, it still doesn't change the fact that the lasers shot out of those weapons are as fast as the average bullet and what do you think Wesker dodges all the time?

2) If I remember correctly this thread had a long conversation over laser speed and the end result was, a laser is a laser, same speed, etc... etc... even if it looks slow as hell.

so according to this thread either Wesker doesn't dodge the laser or this place is hypocritical

Ridley_Prime
Have no idea what thread conversation you're talking about... So I'm supposed to just assume a laser from Fox's blaster would hit Wesker even though it looks slow and easily dodgeable for him?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
a laser from Fox's blaster would hit Wesker even though it looks slow and easily dodgeable for him?

That just doesn't make any sense no expression

If the laser is as slow as heck and is dodgeable, how can it hit him? I'm not having what SpadeKing's smoking that's for sure.

SpadeKing
If I wasn't lazy I would go pull up all the qoutes about how lasers are oh so fast no matter how slow they look according to this thread.

and if I remembered which thread(s)

Wei Phoenix

Good thing Wesker isn't a regular human.

SpadeKing
He is still considered human?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SpadeKing
He is still considered human?

Good question. Some believe he is human but just with a virus that makes him super human but some people believe he's not human because he has that virus in him so it is debatable whether he is or not human.

Ridley_Prime
If I wasn't lazy I would go pull up all the qoutes about how lasers are oh so fast no matter how slow they look according to this thread.

and if I remembered which thread(s)
Ah, I see. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to just dismiss the whole laser argument then, since I still don't quite understand the logic behind it and since you don't seem to remember which threads that discussion stemmed from, as it's not really somethin' I can go by at the moment. erm

Still, thank you for your input.

Good question. Some believe he is human but just with a virus that makes him super human but some people believe he's not human because he has that virus in him so it is debatable whether he is or not human.
I think his statement made during the encounter with Chris in Code Veronica made it kinda obvious.

AgM-hqg9u-Q

"Sure, I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!".

And could a normal human survive getting impaled by a Tyrant or having his face burned like it was in the above vid? I think not.
The virus he was using in RE5 just gave him more strength and speed in addition to his already inhuman abilities.

Nemesis X
Ah, I see. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to just dismiss the whole laser argument then, since I still don't quite understand the logic behind it and since you don't seem to remember which threads that discussion stemmed from, as it's not really somethin' I can go by at the moment. erm

I think his statement made during the encounter with Chris in Code Veronica made it kinda obvious.

AgM-hqg9u-Q

"Sure, I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!".

And could a normal human survive getting impaled by a Tyrant or having his face burned like it was in the above vid? I think not.
The virus he was using in RE5 just gave him more strength and speed in addition to his already inhuman abilities.

Hey, I haven't played Veronica for a really long time so bite me.

SpadeKing

Eventually I'll work up the energy and ethusiasm to actually go back 100s of threads and search 100s of pages to find those qoutes (since search button isn't helping) and post them here.

Ridley_Prime
Hey, I haven't played Veronica for a really long time so bite me.
Neither have I. I just remember the cutscenes for the most part.

Eventually I'll work up the energy and ethusiasm to actually go back 100s of threads and search 100s of pages to find those qoutes (since search button isn't helping) and post them here.
Hmm'k then.

LLLLLink
That's kinda debatable. Of course he has better agility feats on the Arwing and what not, but on foot? I'm not so sure. Been awhile since I've played SF Adventures.

Fox wouldn't be able to push a giant boulder into lava like Chris did without his staff. stick out tongue

Yeah, just watch him backflip the T-rex in that vid I posted.

Wesker had more agility than Chris and Sheva too, and they were able to beat him. Also, cant you hit Wesker with bullets during that fight?

Perhaps, if they're actually able to hit him. Wesker has above-human reflexes himself, so pretty much the only way I'd see him getting hit by any of those is if he gets careless or if he becomes overconfident due to his superiority complex.

And it should be noted that Wesker has a gun/projectile of his own, so he's not exactly unarmed himself.

Also, what Nemesis said.

Btw, I do remember that discussion about the laser speeds. It's pretty vague, but I'm positive I remember that we talked about that somewhere.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, just watch him backflip the T-rex in that vid I posted.
I saw. RE characters in general (including Wesker in 5) tend to do plenty of blackflips and stuff like that, though.

Wesker had more agility than Chris and Sheva too, and they were able to beat him.
Only by weakening him with an overdose of his own virus which like I said, is PIS. They would've been dead without it.

Also, cant you hit Wesker with bullets during that fight?
Only if he doesn't see you, but that's just a gameplay mechanic.

Btw, I do remember that discussion about the laser speeds. It's pretty vague, but I'm positive I remember that we talked about that somewhere.
And whose "we" ?

LLLLLink
I saw. RE characters in general (including Wesker in 5) tend to do plenty of blackflips and stuff like that, though.

Krauser, Wesker, ect. Still, it doesn't hurt Fox's chances at all.

Only by weakening him with an overdose of his own virus which like I said, is PIS. They would've been dead without it.

True, but it is all we have to go on. Also, Sheva was able to hold Wesker down.

Only if he doesn't see you, but that's just a gameplay mechanic.

I'll give you that, but would the laser shots hurt him anyway?

And whose "we" ?

Cant remember. I guess that means it wasn't important enough to remember.

Wei Phoenix
Wesker losing to Sheva and Chris is PIS. He had so many chances to kill the man he hated more than anything.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wesker losing to Sheva and Chris is PIS. He had so many chances to kill the man he hated more than anything.

If there was ever a clear example of PIS, that was it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.