It's time to remake the originals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



realmanager
This article is not mine, but whatever, I agree all of it
blogs.starwars.com/wanna_besrambles/2

Okay, I hate to say this for all of you purists out there, but George Lucas needs to remake the orginal trilogy. They would do horrible box office, don't you think? but they would make more sense alongside the new movies. See, the problem is the story sort of changed between finishing the original movies and making the new ones. The story changed in Lucas' head. You can't blame him for that, it is the evolution of a writer. But there are inconsistancies between the two trilogies that would be cleared up with a remake. Here are some problems as I see it (in no order, jsut as they come to my stream of consciousness brain):

1. The dialogue between Obi Wan and Vader in New Hope doesn't work anymore when placed alongside the dialogue in Revenge. And talk about a terrible fight scene. That scene at least needs to be redone. You can't blame age for Obi Wan being so slow, look at Palpatine and Yoda in the newer movies, come on I want to see Obi Wan jumping around and force pushing Vader. I went home and watched IV after I saw Revenge, and I still love that movie but the fight is such a let down now. That in itself is reason enough to remake the movies.

2. I get why C-3PO doesn't remember anything from the newer trilogy, he gets a mind wipe (and probably needs one poor guy), but does Obi get one too? Why doesn't he recognize C-3PO and R2? He should explain to Luke how they once belonged to his parents. And he shold deffinately recognize R2! He should see him and say something like, "so the time has come." or something.

3. I can't let go of the Leia remembering her real mother thing. George, you're going to have to explain this one to me yourself before I'll buy an explanation.

4. I'm not so concerned about the special effects, although I would like to see the first Death Star battle redone (again) to be a little more spectacular. Oh ,and the escape from the Death Star in IV too. Oh and blasting off from Tatooine could be a little more spectacular. See, just redo the whole thing.

I'll add others things I'd like redone in later entries. All this said, you could never replace the original movies. No actors could replace the originals. Empire will always be my favorite movie, I just still have a hard time reconciling the two trilogies, putting them together.

I figure the originals will eventually be remade. You can wait ten years and then use Ewan as Obi Wan again. And even keep Hayden as Darth Vader. Of course then George's perspective will have changed again and the two trilogies still won't quite fit together. Which will lead to the need to remake the prequals again. You are stuck in a loop here George. Is this a conundrum?



By the way, i forgot to add a survey
i cant edit my post for some reasons plz add it roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Okay so because the new films don't match the earlier movies, the earlier movies have to be remade????? OMG.... that is the world upside down.

The flaw lies in the PT, not in the OT.

coolmovies
Its a crime to remake the OT

JediRobin23
more like blasphemy

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
Its a crime to remake the OT

And make it just as lousy as the PT? Yes.

overlord
Originally posted by coolmovies
Its a crime to remake the OT kinda agree, they might even better film the supershadow movie ideas

queeq
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Yeah, it is a reason to be aggravated at imperfect continuity, not a reason for a remake.

queeq
Absolutely.

Darth Ra
I think either the prequel trilogy should be remade with the same graphic used for the original trilogy or remake of the original.

queeq
Hehehe... now that would be revolutionary.

Hybris
1. The fight seems less intense due to the higher standards of the PT and due to the fact that the lightsaber props were really heavy. And I don't see in what point the dialogue doesn't work with ROTS.

2. What makes you think he didn't recognise R2 or C-3PO? Just because he didn't say "Oh R2, long time no see, buddy"?

3. As Luke hadn't told her he was her brother, she was talking about the only mother she had known and the one that raised her: Bail Organa's wife.

Ushgarak
Unfortunately, point 3 doesn't take- Luke specifies 'real' mother, and it would be ignoring the point of the conversation to imply she is mistaken.

Hybris
In that case:

Leia said she just remembered images / feelings. Seems like the kind of stuff a force sensitive child would be able to see.

Alpha-7
Originally posted by queeq
Okay so because the new films don't match the earlier movies, the earlier movies have to be remade????? OMG.... that is the world upside down.

The flaw lies in the PT, not in the OT.

Well said.

-Pr-
Originally posted by queeq
Okay so because the new films don't match the earlier movies, the earlier movies have to be remade????? OMG.... that is the world upside down.

The flaw lies in the PT, not in the OT.

thumb up

sweersa
Originally posted by overlord
kinda agree, they might even better film the supershadow movie ideas

Just wait until 2012.

overlord
ohhhhh there we go

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Hybris
In that case:

Leia said she just remembered images / feelings. Seems like the kind of stuff a force sensitive child would be able to see.

Yeah- like Luke...

queeq
Well said, Ush.

People, it's not a bog thing to see flaws in the things you love. PT has some arguably plotline flaws. Accept it.


Originally posted by sweersa
Just wait until 2012.

A new SW trilogy comes out and the world ends?

overlord
2012 is the end of ego smile

queeq
Can't wait.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Just wait until 2012.

I cannot believe that people actually associate with you.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
I cannot believe that people actually associate with you.

Neither can I, but thats the point.

The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

queeq
Originally posted by Zoom
I cannot believe that people actually associate with you.

And who are you?

Zoom
Originally posted by queeq
And who are you?

A dedicated Star Wars fan, unlike Sweersa who I am sure has never actually ever seen one of the films.

overlord
darth zoom is awesomeness :P

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
And who are you?

Zoom and I go way back, but he doesn't remember because it was over 2 months ago when we first started talking.

Originally posted by Zoom
A dedicated Star Wars fan, unlike Sweersa who I am sure has never actually ever seen one of the films.

See look how much he likes me!

overlord
hatred is love smile

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Zoom and I go way back, but he doesn't remember because it was over 2 months ago when we first started talking.



See look how much he likes me!

Please try and get it through your head that we have never spoken before.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Please try and get it through your head that we have never spoken before.

Shore we did! You liked me at first, then things got sour.

Originally posted by overlord
hatred is love smile

Of course big grin

Juk3n
NO WAY! to remaking the originals, i am however FOR new movies within the starwars universe. Maybe ones not based around vader and the council. Maybe a Han origin story.

overlord
glad you understand, then I can split without feeling guilty

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Shore we did! You liked me at first, then things got sour.



Of course big grin

Trust me, I would never like a loser like you. We have not spoken before and you need to get that into your little head.

queeq
Well, Zoom... I have never seen you before. And I don't like the way your behaviour is going. Dedicated Star Wars fans behave in this forum. And your hostilities presented here are not acceptable... so cut it out or leave.

Siraben Mai
Horrible idea. If they remade the original, they would have to include Jar-Jar, and that would be horrible.

queeq
Hmmm.... JarJar.....


stick out tongue

Jaeh.is.Awesome
No. just.... NO.

Zoom
Jar-Jar is a great character.

ClarkSkywalker
A horrible, horrible idea!

sweersa
Jar Jar most likely was killed by the Rebels at some point because of how he let the Empire begin essentially.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Jar Jar most likely was killed by the Rebels at some point because of how he let the Empire begin essentially.

Like you know anything about Star Wars!

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Like you know anything about Star Wars!

Funny you say that. I have been working on the scripts to the Sequel Trilogy for quite some time now. Expect greatness.

People like you never get old, they come and they go. I will be here when you are long gone. That is how it always goes down. It never changes. Some are in this world to have fun, and others are here to try to take it away.

overlord
sweersa now taking over supershadow's lifework? smile

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Funny you say that. I have been working on the scripts to the Sequel Trilogy for quite some time now. Expect greatness.

People like you never get old, they come and they go. I will be here when you are long gone. That is how it always goes down. It never changes. Some are in this world to have fun, and others are here to try to take it away.

Trust me, I will be here long after you get bored of your little games.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
Jar Jar most likely was killed by the Rebels at some point because of how he let the Empire begin essentially.

haha, me and my bro got to that conclusion too xD

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Trust me, I will be here long after you get bored of your little games.

Games?

Originally posted by overlord
sweersa now taking over supershadow's lifework? smile

The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Games?



The Nightmare Never Ends. Hahaha.

It's hardly a nightmare!

queeq
It is.

Zoom
Originally posted by queeq
It is.

It really isn't.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...you really are new, then.

sweersa
He must be. If only he knew what was going on at Skywalker Ranch.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
He must be. If only he knew what was going on at Skywalker Ranch.

If only you knew what was going on in the real world.

Impediment
To see modern CGI in a remake of the OT would be very fascinating, to say the least.

Still, gorgeous CGI does not a good movie make. Just look at the movie "9".

The OT is fine the way it is, says I.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
the real world.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
I have no idea what you are talking about.


Joke all you want, but we all know the truth.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Joke all you want, but we all know the truth.

If you knew the truth you wouldn't be replying to this message brother. All of my associates are noted.

queeq
Originally posted by Zoom
If only you knew what was going on in the real world.

What is your point in harrassing people, Zoom?

And I have zoomed in on you. Mesa watching yousa.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
If you knew the truth you wouldn't be replying to this message brother. All of my associates are noted.

If you knew the truth you wouldn't act the way you do.

NebarisTheGreat
Stupid idea.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
What is your point in harrassing people, Zoom?

And I have zoomed in on you. Mesa watching yousa.

Lock him into the Female Gungan thread to teach him a lesson.

queeq
Good call...

OB1-adobe
Sound like the guy who made that original post is just bored with star wars because he's seen it too many times and wants something new.

Nobody is going to spend multi millions maybe even billions to remake 3 movies over nitpicky crap, and nobody is going to spend $40-$80 on a box set of remade movies that are supposed to replace the old ones.

The dialog doesn't match? What part of:

"When I left you I was but the learner now I am the master" & "much anger in him, like his father" does this guy not understand


Indiana, Indiana.......let it go

queeq
Sean Connery was a wise dad.

overlord
Originally posted by sweersa
Jar Jar most likely was killed by a suicide bomb attack by the Rebels at some point because of how he let the Empire begin essentially. fixed for making it more awesome

queeq
Even more?

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Lock him into the Female Gungan thread to teach him a lesson.

Lock sweersa in a room with the Star Wars saga so that he can finally watch them.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Lock sweersa in a room with the Star Wars saga so that he can finally watch them.

No good, you left me in a room with only a Blu ray player that can't do DVDs.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
No good, you left me in a room with only a Blu ray player that can't do DVDs.


you'd just have to wait for the blu rays, then. I'm sure Zoom will send them in to 'torment' you once they come out.

sweersa
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
you'd just have to wait for the blu rays, then. I'm sure Zoom will send them in to 'torment' you once they come out.

Hahah, by then 7, 8, and 9 will be out on Blu ray.

queeq
THanks to Supershadow.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Guys like him make me lose faith in humanity.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
No good, you left me in a room with only a Blu ray player that can't do DVDs.

Perhaps you should stick to films like Shrek.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Perhaps you should stick to films like Shrek.

Good idea, I learn so much from those movies, plus I understand them easier than the movies grown ups watch.

queeq
Zoom certainly is on ramming course to a perm ban....

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Zoom certainly is on ramming course to a perm ban....

Yeah I don't blame you. I hear in real life he is a nice guy who cares about others and is even a church deacon but on the Internet he is a bully.

queeq
I bet you heard wrong.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
Yeah I don't blame you. I hear in real life he is a nice guy who cares about others and is even a church deacon but on the Internet he is a bully.

...wow.

queeq
And you believe that?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't, but it's the internet.

weirder things have happened.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Good idea, I learn so much from those movies, plus I understand them easier than the movies grown ups watch.

I don't think you have ever learnt a thing in your life.

Originally posted by sweersa
Yeah I don't blame you. I hear in real life he is a nice guy who cares about others and is even a church deacon but on the Internet he is a bully.

I hear that if you step into a church you burst into flames.

queeq
Hey Zoom... we've seen your act quite enough now. Cut it out. *waves official warning*

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I bet you heard wrong.

Truthfully I have no idea who he is as he wasn't who I originally suspected him to be or so he claims.

Some people just have trouble making new friends I suppose. A little nice goes a long way.

queeq
He doesn't even try and seems to pick on you mostly... Maybe he's in love with you.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
He doesn't even try and seems to pick on you mostly... Maybe he's in love with you.

Could be, I bet it has something to do with my former Cuban deals I made back in the day personally.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
He doesn't even try and seems to pick on you mostly... Maybe he's in love with you.

hm, I was going to point out the same thing.

queeq
That must be it then.

Wanderer11
Originally posted by sweersa
Truthfully I have no idea who he is as he wasn't who I originally suspected him to be or so he claims.

Some people just have trouble making new friends I suppose. A little nice goes a long way.

He has been doing the same sort of thing in some of the other forums.

queeq
He is? Hmmm.... interesting.

sweersa
That is interesting, I smell a troll.

Sith Master X
Troll alert. These always get interesting don't they? pizza

queeq
We've gone to phase Orange.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
We've gone to phase Orange.

Hehe, well he has been quiet I think you scared him away.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
We've gone to phase Orange.

...we have that?

Sith Master X
We do now. wink

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Hehe, well he has been quiet I think you scared him away.

That's good news.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
That's good news.

Yes it is, I can leave the house now without my weapons.

queeq
And it's about time you left your plastic lightsabre at home.

Sith Master X
Where can I hide my land speeder? shifty

queeq
In you pocket.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
And it's about time you left your plastic lightsabre at home.

Hehe, for an old high school video project we had a lightsaber battle that later had CGI blades. I kept two lightsabers in my locker for that day and when a friend went with me to get them and when he saw them he asked: "Do you always keep these with you?"

queeq
And you replied?

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
And you replied?

Yeah, I lied and said no, it was just for today. jp

queeq
Fair enough.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Yes it is, I can leave the house now without my weapons.

From what I hear, you are not allowed to leave the house without your mommy.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Zoom
From what I hear, you are not allowed to leave the house without your mommy.

dumbest flame yet.


and why go resurrect an old thread? >>

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
From what I hear, you are not allowed to leave the house without your mommy.

How do you know all these things? Stalker...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
How do you know all these things? Stalker...

I think he tried quitting, but found that stalking you was his calling in life.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
How do you know all these things? Stalker...

Everyone knows these things about you.

queeq
Zoom is back. I thought my warning had kept you away. But no... obviously you don't get a hint... or a warning. A ban may do the job.

Zoom
Originally posted by queeq
Zoom is back. I thought my warning had kept you away. But no... obviously you don't get a hint... or a warning. A ban may do the job.

You are no fun. stick out tongue

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
You are no fun. stick out tongue

My dad says I can defend myself against bullies if need be. Watch out.

Keep your friends close when you are on the playground, oh never mind. You just keep a look out for yourself.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
My dad says I can defend myself against bullies if need be. Watch out.

Keep your friends close when you are on the playground, oh never mind. You just keep a look out for yourself.

I couldn't be more scared even if I tried. Plus, I do not believe for one minute that any man would admit to being your father.

queeq
Originally posted by Zoom
I couldn't be more scared even if I tried. Plus, I do not believe for one minute that any man would admit to being your father.

Zoom, this is your second warning. Stop your incessant flaming at sweersa or you're up for a temp ban. And indeed, I am no fun with posters like you. You don't contribute anything here. All you do is harass. Cut it out.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Who is this guy, anyway?

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
I couldn't be more scared even if I tried. Plus, I do not believe for one minute that any man would admit to being your father.

Sometimes I wonder who you are and why you target me. I can only guess.

I also wonder if this has anything to do with the Plutonium I purchased from the Libyans to power my stainless steel ride of a time machine.

Zoom
Originally posted by queeq
Zoom, this is your second warning. Stop your incessant flaming at sweersa or you're up for a temp ban. And indeed, I am no fun with posters like you. You don't contribute anything here. All you do is harass. Cut it out.

I understand what you are saying, but I owe sweersa big time.

Originally posted by sweersa
Sometimes I wonder who you are and why you target me. I can only guess.

I also wonder if this has anything to do with the Plutonium I purchased from the Libyans to power my stainless steel ride of a time machine.

If you were half as intelligent as you claim to be you would know who I am.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom


If you were half as intelligent as you claim to be you would know who I am.

Are you the pizza delivery boy I backed into?

queeq
Originally posted by Zoom
I understand what you are saying, but I owe sweersa big time.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

coolmovies
star wars saga

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Are you the pizza delivery boy I backed into?

Joke all you want, but you will pay for what you have done.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Joke all you want, but you will pay for what you have done.

I swear I only ordered one pizza, thus I should not have to pay for the other one! I said you can take it back but no, you left it on the porch. What was I supposed to do leave it there?

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
I swear I only ordered one pizza, thus I should not have to pay for the other one! I said you can take it back but no, you left it on the porch. What was I supposed to do leave it there?

If you honestly think that what you did was fummy, you need serious help.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
fummy

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/3/633612819317862701-spellcheck.jpg

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/3/633612819317862701-spellcheck.jpg

You need to watch yourself. By the way, looking back over some of your previous post I suggest you take your own advice!

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
You need to watch yourself. By the way, looking back over some of your previous post I suggest you take your own advice!

Yikes, sounds like we have a stalker here. Time to call the E-Police.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Yikes, sounds like we have a stalker here. Time to call the E-Police.

I think we would be better off phoning the real police for what you have done.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
I think we would be better off phoning the real police for what you have done.

What would I be charged with?

Shoot, you were not the owner of that pet bunny rabbit were you? I swear he ran under the lawn mower before I had the chance to kill the engine. But rather the day ended with a killed rabbit and red stains all over my freshly painted white siding.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
What would I be charged with?

Shoot, you were not the owner of that pet bunny rabbit were you? I swear he ran under the lawn mower before I had the chance to kill the engine. But rather the day ended with a killed rabbit and red stains all over my freshly painted white siding.

Keep joking. It is only a matter of time before your whole life falls apart.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
It is only a matter of time before your whole life falls apart.

You know what, you are right. I just remember that I left a soda in the freezer 13 hours ago!

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
You know what, you are right. I just remember that I left a soda in the freezer 13 hours ago!


It is time you grew up and faced the consequences of your actions.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
It is time you grew up and faced the consequences of your actions.

Please don't put me in the time out. Not again.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Please don't put me in the time out. Not again.

You will face up to what you have done and I will take great pleasure in it.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
You will face up to what you have done and I will take great pleasure in it.

http://joy21.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/kitty-scared.jpg

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
http://joy21.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/kitty-scared.jpg


Do you not wonder why you are hated?

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
Do you not wonder why you are hated?

No haters here, except for my good friend known as Zoom.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
No haters here, except for my good friend known as Zoom.

You are a joke and it is time you faced up to it. Your posts on here are nearly as sad and pointless as your Supershadow page on myspace.

sweersa
Originally posted by Zoom
You are a joke and it is time you faced up to it. Your posts on here are nearly as sad and pointless as your Supershadow page on myspace.

Hahaha. The Nightmare Never Ends. Apparently you can't let anything go. I always win.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
Hahaha. The Nightmare Never Ends. Apparently you can't let anything go. I always win.

If you think that you have won, I suggest that you buy a new dictionary.

queeq
Time to zoom out, I think.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Time to zoom out, I think.

Yeah...if only you saw my PM inbox. Guy really is a big fan of mine apparently.

queeq
Well, he better tell us what his problem is. A temp ban is on the way if he doesn't stop.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
weird.

queeq
Who? Zoom? Indeed.

sweersa
I amazes me someone goes out of his way almost daily to harass someone he regards as

queeq
What caused it anyway? I mean, he's clearly a troll on the verge of being banned... but what happened?

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
What caused it anyway? I mean, he's clearly a troll on the verge of being banned... but what happened?

From what I gather he is deeply angry over the whole old SuperShadow thing that I have been involved with in the past. It was not unusual for me to get many angry emails and PMs from random people upset with me over my association with SuperShadow but that was years ago.

I have no clue what this current guy wants, but he makes it clear a bit here and certainly in private messages that he wants me to pay for something I did, and will make my life miserable.

I couldn't tell who you exactly he is, but his intent is clear, and is not effective. I am not one to get scared of people on the Internet, that think they are E-bad-asses, because there are none really. Just a loser behind a keyboard.

queeq
Well, one more troll action and the temp ban is effective. After that I will be polishing up the perm ban.

Wanderer11
Originally posted by sweersa
Yeah...if only you saw my PM inbox. Guy really is a big fan of mine apparently.


I have also been inundated with PM's from Zoom.

sweersa
Originally posted by Wanderer11
I have also been inundated with PM's from Zoom.

Interesting, I would hope they were a bit more pleasant than the ones he sends me, and that isn't really saying much lol

I guess some people need to vent somewhere, and the Internet is an easy place for people to vent.

Maybe the two of you are made for eachother. I don't forget the PMs you used to send me as well, Chewy07.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>