L.A. Noire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingD19
An awesome game made by Rockstar and Bondi. Rockstars a part of the creative process so you know this game is going to kick ass, here's the Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LA_Noire

jinXed by JaNx
been looking forward to this game back before the ps3 even launched lol Where the flooker is it?

KingD19
Well, they said it's scheduled for September, hopefully they'll keep their word. But Rockstar is usually good on things like this.

I'm really loving how you start as a beat cop, and work your way all the way up to homicide detective as you take on more cases.

Phanteros
RWltTKgPzzU

Kazenji
Read a preview thing on this and they were saying if your one of these people thinking its just gonna be GTA in the 1940/50's your gonna be wrong.

Smasandian
It's out May 17th-20th.

Kazenji
_aCwSCBqijc

Dickbag
This game looks like shit. Seriously FFXIII has better looking characters with amazing visuals and animation and the gameplay here looks so dull.

This game will fail.

Kazenji
Piss off troll.

Nephthys
That gameplay vid looks so ****ing good. I wasn't really interested in this game, but I really am now. Epic.

Mist_haermm
One of the guys who did the characters is teaching me the production pipeline next week, looking forward to it.

Kazenji
The characters faces and all that look almost real.

Smasandian
Has anybody picked this game up?

I did. Played about 1 hour of it and got through a few missions.

Pretty damn impressive. Even though it resembles a GTA game, finding clues and solving crimes is a total breath of fresh air. Its pretty damn interesting.

From the reviews, there isn't a lot of side missions but I cannot think why they didn't include poker as an activity. Cops = poker.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Kazenji
Read a preview thing on this and they were saying if your one of these people thinking its just gonna be GTA in the 1940/50's your gonna be wrong.

Somebody told me something similar about Red Dead Redemption.

They were wrong.

Smasandian
It's not like GTA.

Black bolt z
Its Rockstar. Therefore it must be good.

Smasandian
I wouldn't say it was developed by Rockstar because it was developed by Team Bondi. Depends on how much Rockstar helped out.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Kazenji
The characters faces and all that look almost real. They are.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168417p1.html?_cmpid=ign1161

"Using a brand new technology called MotionScan, L.A. Noire delivers pure performances from a talented group of actors. Every wrinkle, twitch, downward glance, grimace, and hard swallow is from an actor playing a part, not an animator manipulating things from behind the scenes."

S_D_J
I need this game... too bad I'm short on leisure money right now erm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wouldn't say it was developed by Rockstar because it was developed by Team Bondi. Depends on how much Rockstar helped out.

Yep, Australian made.

Smasandian
I think we put the GTA type game as a genre instead of a comparison.

Red Dead Redemption was like GTA but was an entirely different game.

Same as LA Noire.

S_D_J
I found this quite funny, and at the same time unsettling

L.A. Noire overheats Xbox 360s as well as PS3s

Apparently the game is TOO MUCH for consoles to handle no expression

Black bolt z
Originally posted by S_D_J
I found this quite funny, and at the same time unsettling

L.A. Noire overheats Xbox 360s as well as PS3s

Apparently the game is TOO MUCH for consoles to handle no expression laughing out loud

Impediment
Well, I WAS planning to buy this game this weekend, but if the game is actually overheating consoles, then I'll take a pass.

Mist_haermm
Ha, I hope Team Bondi crash and burn, useless twats.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Impediment
Well, I WAS planning to buy this game this weekend, but if the game is actually overheating consoles, then I'll take a pass.
Red Light I'm goin to have to reconsider on that one to

Kazenji
Just read a review for this game the reviewer goes on about how it does'nt even deserve the amount of hype its getting

also they found the game to be picky when looking for the clues, It'll flash when your near one but you can't look it you have to face it a certain way.

Smasandian
The game is really good.

It's not for everybody. But the style, writing and new experience of investigating crimes is great.

If you read the reviews and it doesn't sound like your type of thing, it won't be.

I never found it difficult to look for clues. I don't know what that reviewer was playing, but you feel the vibration in your controller, and hit X. Never failed for me. It seems that that reviewer needed things to pick on.

Kazenji
Well i will end up getting the game, i don't mind investigating crimes in games plus i have played the Condemned games but i suppose LA Noire does it better.

Nemesis X
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3347-L-A-Noire

Kazenji
The company supposedly faces bankruptcy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9210-Team-Bondi-Selling-Off-Assets-and-IP--Claims-Source.html

Mist_haermm
Everything is going according to plan jokerawe

Morridini
Ah too bad, picked up L.A. Noire a few days ago and am enjoying it quite a bit so far (except for the fact that Cole seem to jump from being a psychic super-cop, to being a complete retard every other second).

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Morridini
Ah too bad, picked up L.A. Noire a few days ago and am enjoying it quite a bit so far (except for the fact that Cole seem to jump from being a psychic super-cop, to being a complete retard every other second).

kUTOaFs40Vk

Smasandian
Yeah, there's a few interactions with suspects where he goes completely insane on a simple question.

But overall, well done game. Much different than other games I've played. What I'm really interested in is what Rockstar will do with the sequel.

Mist_haermm
Originally posted by Mist_haermm
Ha, I hope Team Bondi crash and burn, useless twats.

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1191990p1.html

L.A. Noire Developer Closes Its Doors

clap

Nephthys
You suck.

General Kaliero
I'd like to say that's a shame, but they were mistreating their employees and it looks like said employees are on new projects with a company that will most likely treat them better. So there's that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I'd like to say that's a shame, but they were mistreating their employees and it looks like said employees are on new projects with a company that will most likely treat them better. So there's that.

What were they doing?

General Kaliero
Around 100 developers were left out of the game credits, essentially robbing them of substantiated experience for resumes (this was since rectified with a web page containing a full list, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with), and local sources said that development was mismanaged, with much of the budget (some said tens of millions) spent on proprietary technology, leading to people being forced to work with constant crunch pressure and weekend overtime without due payment.

Smasandian
This pretty much sums it up.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1179020p1.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.