Starfire vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
Takes place on a deserted moon.

SamZED
Tony asks her out, gets turned down and bfrs himself in the nearest bar.

But seriously, Starfire would kick his ass.

tideoftime
They're comparable in strength; Tony has the edge in durability, due to shields/defenses, while Kory has the edge in being able to absorb massive amounts of energy; combat flight is more or less equal (though she can fly faster in a non-combat setting); she has superior combat skills in HtH; he has a greater range of gadget/power options, generally;

A good fight. Kory ultimately wins, as she is much more viscious when push comes to shove, but Tony will hang for quite a while, and can get his share of wins via finessed energy attacks (electrical, or sonic if equiped). Not sure what spread I'd give, though... just Kory for the majority.

the ninjak
Just want to throw in because I don't know jack about Starfire.
Ironmans armour is really fast now! He man handled Cap. Even Sentry was impressed by his speed .....but ultimately caught him soon. Can sheer brute melee force beat Starfire? because his repulsor beams wont work.
Also add the fact that he can disorientate her ears with sonics.

Wild Shadow
i dont even know where to place starfire at one time she had the strength of ten men... then now currently i had her pegged at somewhere around 40 ton range but then she tackled WW not saying she is equal to WW...

and i am not using abc logic i am just confused overall with her character and DC's lack to give proper strength limits to their characters even mid tier ones

tideoftime
Originally posted by the ninjak
Just want to throw in because I don't know jack about Starfire.
Ironmans armour is really fast now! He man handled Cap. Even Sentry was impressed by his speed .....but ultimately caught him soon. Can sheer brute melee force beat Starfire? because his repulsor beams wont work.
Also add the fact that he can disorientate her ears with sonics.

Already addressed in my post wink

And while Tony's suit is fast (relatively speaking), Kory can keep up, combat-wise. Kory can take a beating, especially from energy attacks (she's better against heat/flame/radiation attacks, and less so against electricity/sonics, which is why Tony's wins would come from his finessing with those kind of attacks -- but they aren't an auto-win, by any means, just as Kory being a better fighter with comparable physical power isn't an auto-win, 'cus Tony would edge her in durability, due to shields/defenses). Again, Kory in the long of it, but Tony will definitely get his share of wins.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i dont even know where to place starfire at one time she had the strength of ten men... then now currently i had her pegged at somewhere around 40 ton range but then she tackled WW not saying she is equal to WW...

and i am not using abc logic i am just confused overall with her character and DC's lack to give proper strength limits to their characters even mid tier ones

Kory's generally in classic to late 80's She-Hulk range (around 75 tons), and has been for a number of years. But yeah, DC has always played up the "ball-park" idea when it comes to many of their strong characters, which I think actually works better in a comic-setting, rather than the more specified ranges that Marvel was known for (though conceptually Marvel's take on things did make for a more credible setting back in the day, and a generally grittier one, too...)

SamZED
SF is definitely class 100, and she can use her energy bolts as shields. Also didnt she recently nuke Braniac?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by SamZED
SF is definitely class 100, and she can use her energy bolts as shields. Also didnt she recently nuke Braniac?

she radiated enough energy and a blast to damage brainiac's ship causing it to fall from the sky and doing some major damage to the area...

but she needed time to gather the energy and focus her attack.. i also think if she wins it wont be by much.

5.5/10

i refuse to accept her as a 100 tonner and believe Ironman can take her power blast with his highest shield feats easily

Warlord
what if IM had extremis?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Warlord
what if IM had extremis?

that is the one i am using....

but i have to give a little more wins to star from my previous post since they are both fighting on the moon and high frequencies cant travel in empty space... sad

Warlord
Well extremis would give tony an advantage on earth since he could use satelite weapon systems and stuff.
didn't he also had a version of Spiderman's spidersense with extremis?

tideoftime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
she radiated enough energy and a blast to damage brainiac's ship causing it to fall from the sky and doing some major damage to the area...

but she needed time to gather the energy and focus her attack.. i also think if she wins it wont by much.

5.5/10

i refuse to accept her as a 100 tonner and believe Ironman can take her power blast with his highest shield feats easily

Yeah, Kory isn't quite at 100; she was stronger than Cassie for a number of years (when Cass was around Spiderman strength), but as of a few years ago (with steady increases, and then a sudden increase), Cassie is now 100+, and stronger than Kory (though not uber-so), and can lift 747's and fly with them. And I more or less agree with your ratio, maybe 6/10 Kory, but 5.5 is about right.

SamZED
When Titans fought children of Trigon one of had the power to become pretty much anyone he wanted, he turned into Wonder Woman (with her powers and everything) Kory fought her for a while and took her punches without much trouble, imo she's definitely class 100.
Also, no Ironman doesn't have spider sense, thanks to the iron suit Parker wore Tony downloaded some data that allowed him to screw with Parker's own ss.

Warlord
When Titans fought children of Trigon one of had the power to become pretty much anyone he wanted, he turned into Wonder Woman (with her powers and everything) Kory fought her for a while and took her punches without much trouble, imo she's definitely class 100.
Also, no Ironman doesn't have spider sense, thanks to the iron suit Parker wore Tony downloaded some data that allowed him to screw with Parker's own ss.

thanks for that...

Wild Shadow

when was that story written in the 80's? because if i recall in the 90's WW if she was a 100 tonner she wasnt a high end one since she struggled to hold up a bridge...

not saying it isnt a feat but it should be viewd in its full context and not have ppl thinking gory can match a modern WW who helped pull the planet...

tideoftime

That was a very high showing for Kory, and is more a durability feat than a strength feat; also, while she held out pretty well, it's still clear that Donna is much stronger than her (as she has been since the beginning, not counting her de-powered Darkstar days), and Diana is stronger than Donna, Cassie, and Kory combined (even in WW's most recent fight with Donna, she made it clear she was holding back).

Starfire is very strong -- don't get me wrong. I've followed the Titans in their various incarnations since The New Teen Titans premiered back in 1980, and she is easily an order of magnitude stronger/more powerful than she was then, but she isn't *quite* in the upper leagues, strength-wise, much like how classic She-Hulk wasn't on par with Hulk, Thor, Hercules, et al, back in the day. But just like Jen, Kory can hang for a little while with the big boys when she has to (and being utterly brutal at times is a distinct advantage for her).

Galan007
I think Tony'd take it personally.

Konton
Well, I think Kory's strength levels are highly subjective to how you viewed her in comparison to Donna, not Cassie. Kory was always, IMO, represented to be somewhere above Donna in strength back when Donna was shown to be around lower 100 class.

Starfire also has a few good lifting feats through the years like lifting aircraft carriers, which is a huge some more weight than Cassie has ever been shown to lift.

Now I'd put Donna ahead of Kory these days do to upgrades and resurrections, but it's a stretch to say that Cassie is in or out of her league. She's not really been shown to do anything more than catch a plane.

Batman-Prime
IronMan, he can surely outsmart a woman.

bag

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.