Red Hulk vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
PIS is on. Loeb-force is on.

This is Red Hulk appearing for the first time again, Loeb wants to make him look uber and he gets pitted against Superman.

Who wins and in how many panels (describe the panels)? smokin'

Harbinger
Rulk turns Clark into a butter dish. One panel.

manx422
Originally posted by Harbinger
Rulk wets himself after seeing Clark beating the sh*t out of loeb. thumb up

Wild Shadow
supes lands hands on hip... monologues...

Rulk walks up and already studying supes decides to go for a choke hold instead of a gut punch. rulk taking advantage of supes free attack begins to drain superman..

Superman aware that his reserves have bn tapped tries to fight back but its too late..

Rulk is capable of draining almost instantly various power sources,,, superman photo synthesize is no more a strain then draining a plant..

manx422
Rulk can not absorb Superman's power

Slaanesh
Rulk..he's just that damn good..

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by manx422
Rulk can not absorb Superman's power

yes he can. erm

JakeTheBank
Let me just say that this thread kicks ass.

Anyway, here goes:

Scene cuts to Superman investigating evidence of some monsterous creature running around Metropolis. Rulk appears and with his best Thanos-like grin, says some inane crap about how he's going to kick Supes ass. Superman retorts with some heroic blah-blah speech, to which Rulk, still grinning, decks him with a single blow. Rulk beats the crap out of Kal as Phantom Stranger watches in apprehension. Rulk then oneshots the Stranger while screaming "I don't want you to watch!"

Rulk KO's Superman and monologues for a bit until the JLA shows up. Rulk decimates them in the time required for Superman to conviently get a second wind, who then manages to KO Rulk (but not before Batman WTF pawns Rulk briefly via interference)

All in all, this is dragged on for about 5 issues, and will soon after be released in collection form. People buy the arc for the lulz factor. The next arc is hinted at Rulk soloing the entire Quintessence only to be oneshotted by Superman.

-Pr-
loeb superman > loeb rulk.

guy222
hey pr

hopefully rulk is finally revealed

manx422
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no he cannot. erm thumb up

Wild Shadow
thumb up

sigh... have you bn reading what Rulk can do?

he easily drained Silver surfer... superman's power is far less exotic.

manx422
inexperienced Silver surfer

JakeTheBank
An inexperienced Silver Surfer still has a wider array of power than Superman, though. It's still the Power Cosmic.

Wild Shadow
inexperienced Silver surfer shocking

Enyalus
Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk vs. Superman Script

Page 1 - 3 Panels:

Panel 1: Rulk's in his living room drinking hot chocolate and watching Schwarzenegger's Commando.

Panel 2: Rulk stands up and stretches, showing off his manly pectorals and huge biceps, then puts on his sunglasses.

Rulk: "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.*"

Panel 3: Rulk hops through his roof, because his sheer badassness makes him too cool to use a door.

Page 2 - 4 panels:

Panel 1: Superman's flying over the city, patrolling the area when he notices a big red dude busting through some house.

Supes: "Great Scott! It's the Kool-Aid Man. I'm super-thirsty from flying using my super-speed.**"

Panel 2: Superman touches down feet away from where Rulk lands, but Rulk's not happy to see him.

Supes: "Salutations, Beverage Refreshment Guy! It's too beautiful a day for destroying houses.

Rulk replies: "You smell like rainbows and butterflies. And I hate both. It's time to kick your ass."

Panel 3: Superman looks taken aback.

Supes: "Don't use such language! Children play around these parts!"

Suddenly, Deadpool tears into part of the page.

DP: "Plus it won't get approved by those Comics Code Authority Nazis!"

Rulk: "Also, you put your pants and underwear on in the wrong order, tool!

Panel 4: Red Hulk double-arm uppercuts Superman into the atmosphere unexpectedly. Superman is hurt and his mouth is bleeding. Also, I'm Jeph Loeb. I'm awesome.

Page 3 - 3 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk jumps in the air with his rippling man-thighs powering his amazing aerial skills. As if being suckerpunched by Rulk wasn't enough embarrassment, Rulk can trash talk, Loeb-style baby!

Rulk: I'm gonna make your face so red and bloody it'll look like you're Rihanna who's been tomato-pasta pied in the face by her angry boyfriend! Har har!

Panel 2: Superman throws a punch at Rulk to defend himself, which Rulk skillfully dodges even though he's only jumping and not flying and thus has far less control over his own body than Superman does.

Rulk: I'm the Red Hulk! Physics can go $!#^ itself!

Rulk: I'm a master at war and strategy. Thus, I can predict your movements and evade you!

Panel 2: Supes is surprised by Rulk's awesome agility and aerial prowess. Also, his rippling man-thighs.

Supes: Oh no! He's evaded my strongest blow!

Panel 3: Rulk double-fisted overhead smashes him!! Yea Rulk!

Page 4 - 1 panel:

Panel 1: There's this big-ass crater and smoke. Also, I don't know if the audience understands that Rulk hit Superman really hard. So in the middle of the crater and smoke where Superman is, have Ed or whoever does this write "WHAMMY!!!" in really big, bold letters.

Page 5 - 5 panels:

Panel 1: Okay, I'm not sure if the readers get it yet, so lets pan over to a standard American living room. Somewhere in New York or something. Their TV's on.

Panel 2: ZOOM IN ON THE TV! There's an anchor-person on.

Anchorman: "There's just been a report of a 9.5 earthquake on the Richter scale somewhere in Arizona!"

Panel 3: Cool. I hope our readers see how powerful Rulk is now, by using real life numbers to validate my creations. God, I'm awesome. Okay, now we go back to the crater, Supes is on his hands and knees. And pissed off. Red eyes and all. Red is the color of cool!

Panel 4: Rulk lands, but he's a master of war and strategy so it gives him ninja skills and he doesn't make noise or impact at all!

Panel 5: Rulk is cracking his knuckles, because it makes him even more badass. Meanwhile, Superman is pissed!

Rulk: Had enough dirt, Sugartits?

Supes: We'll see who's had enough, monster!

Page 6 - 2 panels:

Panel 1: There's red ALL over the panel. Superman just unloaded his super-pissed off Heat Vision on Rulk! Woah, it's way powerful. Fill the panel with it to make sure our readers know it was way powerful.

Supes' thought bubble as he's blasting Rulk: "My Heat Vision is hotter than the core of the sun going nova in God's jacuzzi turned up to max while in his backyard in Heaven grilling hotdogs with the Spectre on a humid summer day!! This villain will fall!"

Panel 2: Okay, I think our readers understand how powerful that blast from Superman was. Now we show the smoke clearing, Rulk silhouetted in it, and Superman is shocked. His mouth is open.

Page 7 - 4 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk's eyes are glowing bright yellow. Omg, he's SO badass. I love him. Anyway, he's grinning, too. Because he's really cool. Hey, Joe, do you think Ed can draw him with sunglasses on from this point in the story on? Sunglasses are really cool. Look at The Terminator. Damn, okay...Well anyway, the smoke's cleared. Superman still has his mouth open. Hehehe, hey Joe, do you think I could get away with having Rulk make a homosexual joke at Kal's expense? Hehehe.

Rulk: "Thanks for the recharge, Superdope."

Supes: "Wha-- ??"
Green Lantern, you know. Although God knows we tried to lure Geoff away from DC and got stuck with you instead.] No no wait for it. Best plot twist ever. You'll love it.

Panel 2: Rulk smiles wider, showing his teeth. His muscles are rippling right now. What a manly specimen!

Rulk: "Didn't you know, Power Ranger? While my green and vastly inferior namesake produces energy, particularly gamma...I absorb it! All kinds of energy! You've only made me THAT much stronger! HAHAHAHA!!!

Supes: "Oh no! What have I unknowingly done! He's so strong! But smart, too! He super-tricked me!**"

Panel 3: Rulk proceeds to layeth the smackdown, as the hip kids nowaday say. He pummels Superman into the ground mercilessly.

Supes: "*Ughoof!!*"

Panel 4: There's blood flying everywhere and Rulk is still grinning wide. Also, make Rulk have those blurry punches so readers know that he can punch really fast.

Page 8 - 1 panel:

Panel 1: Wideshot to Supes lying dead in a crater with Rulk standing above him. There's a pole with an American flag off to the side and ...Man, it doesn't matter WHY its there. You think people will notice? Just draw it in. It'll make Rulk more badasser.

Rulk: "I've done it! I've killed the Man of Steel...now he'll be...the man who rusted!"

Page 9 - 2 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk grabs the American flag up, looking really menacing and badass as he does it.

Panel 2: Closeup of Rulk now wearing Superman's tattered cape, with the flagpole now sticking out of Superman's ass. -The end- written in the corner. What an awesome job. What an awesome comic. Rulk is so awesome. Wow. People are going to love him. Do you think we made him edgy and hip enough, Ed?

*Later that evening, Stan Lee reads the script*

Next week! Wolverine attempts to assassinate Jeph Loeb!! Will it work!? Have faith, true believers!

* With full apologies to the complete badassery that is Duke Nukem.

** Channeling my inner Dwayne McDuffie.

Harbinger
The drug addict's back.

manx422
Originally posted by Enyalus
Jeph Loeb's Red Hulk vs. Superman Script

Page 1 - 3 Panels:

Panel 1: Rulk's in his living room drinking hot chocolate and watching Schwarzenegger's Commando.

Panel 2: Rulk stands up and stretches, showing off his manly pectorals and huge biceps, then puts on his sunglasses.

Rulk: "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.*"

Panel 3: Rulk hops through his roof, because his sheer badassness makes him too cool to use a door.

Page 2 - 4 panels:

Panel 1: Superman's flying over the city, patrolling the area when he notices a big red dude busting through some house.

Supes: "Great Scott! It's the Kool-Aid Man. I'm super-thirsty from flying using my super-speed.**"

Panel 2: Superman touches down feet away from where Rulk lands, but Rulk's not happy to see him.

Supes: "Salutations, Beverage Refreshment Guy! It's too beautiful a day for destroying houses.

Rulk replies: "You smell like rainbows and butterflies. And I hate both. It's time to kick your ass."

Panel 3: Superman looks taken aback.

Supes: "Don't use such language! Children play around these parts!"

Suddenly, Deadpool tears into part of the page.

DP: "Plus it won't get approved by those Comics Code Authority Nazis!"

Rulk: "Also, you put your pants and underwear on in the wrong order, tool!

Panel 4: Red Hulk double-arm uppercuts Superman into the atmosphere unexpectedly. Superman is hurt and his mouth is bleeding. Also, I'm Jeph Loeb. I'm awesome.

Page 3 - 3 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk jumps in the air with his rippling man-thighs powering his amazing aerial skills. As if being suckerpunched by Rulk wasn't enough embarrassment, Rulk can trash talk, Loeb-style baby!

Rulk: I'm gonna make your face so red and bloody it'll look like you're Rihanna who's been tomato-pasta pied in the face by her angry boyfriend! Har har!

Panel 2: Superman throws a punch at Rulk to defend himself, which Rulk skillfully dodges even though he's only jumping and not flying and thus has far less control over his own body than Superman does.

Rulk: I'm the Red Hulk! Physics can go $!#^ itself!

Rulk: I'm a master at war and strategy. Thus, I can predict your movements and evade you!

Panel 2: Supes is surprised by Rulk's awesome agility and aerial prowess. Also, his rippling man-thighs.

Supes: Oh no! He's evaded my strongest blow!

Panel 3: Rulk double-fisted overhead smashes him!! Yea Rulk!

Page 4 - 1 panel:

Panel 1: There's this big-ass crater and smoke. Also, I don't know if the audience understands that Rulk hit Superman really hard. So in the middle of the crater and smoke where Superman is, have Ed or whoever does this write "WHAMMY!!!" in really big, bold letters.

Page 5 - 5 panels:

Panel 1: Okay, I'm not sure if the readers get it yet, so lets pan over to a standard American living room. Somewhere in New York or something. Their TV's on.

Panel 2: ZOOM IN ON THE TV! There's an anchor-person on.

Anchorman: "There's just been a report of a 9.5 earthquake on the Richter scale somewhere in Arizona!"

Panel 3: Cool. I hope our readers see how powerful Rulk is now, by using real life numbers to validate my creations. God, I'm awesome. Okay, now we go back to the crater, Supes is on his hands and knees. And pissed off. Red eyes and all. Red is the color of cool!

Panel 4: Rulk lands, but he's a master of war and strategy so it gives him ninja skills and he doesn't make noise or impact at all!

Panel 5: Rulk is cracking his knuckles, because it makes him even more badass. Meanwhile, Superman is pissed!

Rulk: Had enough dirt, Sugartits?

Supes: We'll see who's had enough, monster!

Page 6 - 2 panels:

Panel 1: There's red ALL over the panel. Superman just unloaded his super-pissed off Heat Vision on Rulk! Woah, it's way powerful. Fill the panel with it to make sure our readers know it was way powerful.

Supes' thought bubble as he's blasting Rulk: "My Heat Vision is hotter than the core of the sun going nova in God's jacuzzi turned up to max while in his backyard in Heaven grilling hotdogs with the Spectre on a humid summer day!! This villain will fall!"

Panel 2: Okay, I think our readers understand how powerful that blast from Superman was. Now we show the smoke clearing, Rulk silhouetted in it, and Superman is shocked. His mouth is open.

Page 7 - 4 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk's eyes are glowing bright yellow. Omg, he's SO badass. I love him. Anyway, he's grinning, too. Because he's really cool. Hey, Joe, do you think Ed can draw him with sunglasses on from this point in the story on? Sunglasses are really cool. Look at The Terminator. Damn, okay...Well anyway, the smoke's cleared. Superman still has his mouth open. Hehehe, hey Joe, do you think I could get away with having Rulk make a homosexual joke at Kal's expense? Hehehe.

Rulk: "Thanks for the recharge, Superdope."

Supes: "Wha-- ??"
Green Lantern, you know. Although God knows we tried to lure Geoff away from DC and got stuck with you instead.] No no wait for it. Best plot twist ever. You'll love it.

Panel 2: Rulk smiles wider, showing his teeth. His muscles are rippling right now. What a manly specimen!

Rulk: "Didn't you know, Power Ranger? While my green and vastly inferior namesake produces energy, particularly gamma...I absorb it! All kinds of energy! You've only made me THAT much stronger! HAHAHAHA!!!

Supes: "Oh no! What have I unknowingly done! He's so strong! But smart, too! He super-tricked me!**"

Panel 3: Rulk proceeds to layeth the smackdown, as the hip kids nowaday say. He pummels Superman into the ground mercilessly.

Supes: "*Ughoof!!*"

Panel 4: There's blood flying everywhere and Rulk is still grinning wide. Also, make Rulk have those blurry punches so readers know that he can punch really fast.

Page 8 - 1 panel:

Panel 1: Wideshot to Supes lying dead in a crater with Rulk standing above him. There's a pole with an American flag off to the side and ...Man, it doesn't matter WHY its there. You think people will notice? Just draw it in. It'll make Rulk more badasser.

Rulk: "I've done it! I've killed the Man of Steel...now he'll be...the man who rusted!"

Page 9 - 2 panels:

Panel 1: Rulk grabs the American flag up, looking really menacing and badass as he does it.

Panel 2: Closeup of Rulk now wearing Superman's tattered cape, with the flagpole now sticking out of Superman's ass. -The end- written in the corner. What an awesome job. What an awesome comic. Rulk is so awesome. Wow. People are going to love him. Do you think we made him edgy and hip enough, Ed?

*Later that evening, Stan Lee reads the script*

Next week! Wolverine attempts to assassinate Jeph Loeb!! Will it work!? Have faith, true believers!

* With full apologies to the complete badassery that is Duke Nukem.

** Channeling my inner Dwayne McDuffie. U r better than loeb laughing out loud

Enyalus
U r better than loeb laughing out loud
Yes, yes, I know. I could've filled out a 20 page comic if the stipulations would've let me use other characters. Could've had him banging She-Hulk on the side and punching M.O.D.O.K. in the face, but noooo. Curse you, Bentley.

Original Smurph
"Red is the color of cool!"

That was pretty day-making.

Blanket
I laughed.

The sad part is though, that that's the reason he's been gone for so long...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Blanket
I laughed.

The sad part is though, that that's the reason he's been gone for so long...
Thinking up that script or doing great Loeb impersonations?

Blanket
Thinking up that script or doing great Loeb impersonations? Writing that post.

Mshinu

Batman-Prime
Better dead then Red. - Superman (Earth 31), countdown Arena

Bentley
Yes, yes, I know. I could've filled out a 20 page comic if the stipulations would've let me use other characters. Could've had him banging She-Hulk on the side and punching M.O.D.O.K. in the face, but noooo. Curse you, Bentley.

Man, to have you back just to write that comic was worth it, stick around g_grin

kakuzu
Rulk loses he is just overrated. He beat Silver Surfer when Silver Surfer could have just absorbed his energy. If absorbs his energy we all get to see who the real Rulk is but Marvel can't do that. He beats Thor because he had prep and Thor was holding back. Question how the hell do you prep against Thor? If you had bombs I guess yeah, a group of villain okay but by your self your not preping at all. Rulk is so overrated in power its not even funny he can't even handle wolverine and people expect himto handle superman? If loeb writes it yeah he can but if a real writer does it then he loses like he should

The Nuul
Supes stomps.

If you are going use someone full of rage and is red than use a good character like a RL and not some pile of shit.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Better dead then Red. - Superman (Earth 31), countdown Arena first time he encountered Doomsday he was both biscuits

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
first time he encountered Doomsday he was both biscuits

He never died, he was just depleted cough

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
He never died, he was just depleted cough Nekron begs to differ biscuits

kakuzu
Originally posted by The Nuul
Supes stomps.

If you are going use someone full of rage and is red than use a good character like a RL and not some pile of shit.

Lol thank you!!

DarkOdin
Originally posted by kakuzu
Rulk loses he is just overrated. He beat Silver Surfer when Silver Surfer could have just absorbed his energy. If absorbs his energy we all get to see who the real Rulk is but Marvel can't do that. He beats Thor because he had prep and Thor was holding back. Question how the hell do you prep against Thor? If you had bombs I guess yeah, a group of villain okay but by your self your not preping at all. Rulk is so overrated in power its not even funny he can't even handle wolverine and people expect himto handle superman? If loeb writes it yeah he can but if a real writer does it then he loses like he should All True but OP states Loebforce is on so Rulk wins sad NO Loebforce means Superman punches his head off

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
loeb superman > loeb rulk.

I just wanted to recognize that Pr has a point here. Supes is capable of using the Loeb force.

ha-jam

Mshinu
Originally posted by Bentley
I just wanted to recognize that Pr has a point here. Supes is capable of using the Loeb force.

ha-jam

Yea, but can he use it at the same time as the posterboy power? He might explode.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bentley

ha-jam

Loeb's Supergirl would probably beat Loeb's Superman. And Loeb's Rulk beats them both simultaneously.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
loeb superman > loeb rulk. yes

quanchi112
Rulk wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.