Worlds 10 most livable cities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
None are in the US

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
None are in the US

Now I know why Canadians don't talk about their politics.

They have Perfect Land up North!

Darth Jello
Colorado Springs is gonna be on the top ten least livable list within 5 months.

Jovan
In those lists Australia and New Zealand are always ranking high. I hope to check it out once...

Autokrat
Doesn't Vancouver have serious drug issues?

inimalist
Originally posted by Autokrat
Doesn't Vancouver have serious drug issues?

and homelessness issues, and issues with native peoples, and issues with immigrant communities.

Ya, its not perfect

botankus
And look for London to be #1 in the new Liveable City list in 2012.

dadudemon
Australia or Canada...

Got it.

botankus
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
None are in the US
Well, they only ranked 140 cities. So I imagine they didn't get too far past New York, Los Angeles, and maybe Chicago. Not that Dallas or Boston or Miami would've been high on the list, but still when you're talking worldwide, that's a very, very small sample size.

chiaki
We weren't in the 10 bottom either

dadudemon
Our American cities have cool awesome people like this:

6br_PG7Nzsc

But is the "weed" better in Vancover?

AHA!

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
But is the "weed" better in Vancover?

AHA!

generally yes, though it is more profitable to export it, so lots of American cities have BC's finest.

lil bitchiness
Way to go Toronto! Although I'm in Montreal...

King Kandy
Am I surprised? Not really. I go to Vancouver all the time, place is the shit.

Lord Lucien
Toronto, seriously?

inimalist
lol, whats wrong with Toronto?

Lord Lucien
Maybe the papers have biased me, but none of them have anything good to say about the city--it's all murder, assaults, and the TTC. If only they had done that list back in the summer.

inimalist
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Maybe the papers have biased me, but none of them have anything good to say about the city--it's all murder, assaults, and the TTC. If only they had done that list back in the summer.

no man, no:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/03/04/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-canada-overall-crime-score%E2%80%94by-rank/

and the TTC, by comparison to most other national transit services in Canada, is amazing

EDIT: the expanded crime rankings are here: http://www2.macleans.ca/national-crime-rankings/

Ontario, while having the largest population, is among the lowest in most crimes.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by inimalist
no man, no:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/03/04/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-canada-overall-crime-score%E2%80%94by-rank/

and the TTC, by comparison to most other national transit services in Canada, is amazing

EDIT: the expanded crime rankings are here: http://www2.macleans.ca/national-crime-rankings/

Ontario, while having the largest population, is among the lowest in most crimes. Toronto though? Ugh. I've just never liked it.

inimalist
Fair enough

I'd say Ottawa may have some nicer culture to it, but I love TO

lil bitchiness
no man, no:

Ontario, while having the largest population, is among the lowest in most crimes.

Crap, Mtl is more dangerous than Toronto. But considering the kind of crazy shit I've seen here...anything is possible.

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Crap, Mtl is more dangerous than Toronto. But considering the kind of crazy shit I've seen here...anything is possible.

that actually surprised me too

Ugly Casanova
Been to most of them - I wouldn't choose to live in any of them over London.

Darth Jello
By definition, wouldn't the least livable city be Pripyat, Ukraine?

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
By definition, wouldn't the least livable city be Pripyat, Ukraine?

depends on how they rank it

very low rent there, low traffic, cool old soviet feel

also, I think the towns closer to Chernobyl would probably fare worse than Pripyat

somewhat related, I want to visit Pripyat soooooo much!

Darth Jello
Pripyat is legally considered unlivable and has been abandoned since the accident. As far as I know, it's the closest town to the plant.

inimalist
Pripyat is legally considered unlivable and has been abandoned since the accident. As far as I know, it's the closest town to the plant.

I thought there was an actual city at the plant, I could be wrong...

It was abandoned, but radiation levels have since dropped to the non-skin melting levels, meaning you could probably spend a few days there without developing a 6th toe. afaik the government still has the area closed off with a military quarantine, but that might be me thinking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

EDIT: though some reporters and former citizens have returned occasionally to write about the city, so there is SOME way to get in. I just need to find out whose wheels to grease, if you catch my drift

Darth Jello

It was abandoned, but radiation levels have since dropped to the non-skin melting levels, meaning you could probably spend a few days there without developing a 6th toe. afaik the government still has the area closed off with a military quarantine, but that might be me thinking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

EDIT: though some reporters and former citizens have returned occasionally to write about the city, so there is SOME way to get in. I just need to find out whose wheels to grease, if you catch my drift Check out the creepy photos of the abandoned orphanage if you can find em. My guess is either that you are waaaay naive about radiation and super powers or you're just lazy and want to be able to get a sun tan indoors.

inimalist
Check out the creepy photos of the abandoned orphanage if you can find em. My guess is either that you are waaaay naive about radiation and super powers or you're just lazy and want to be able to get a sun tan indoors.

I think I've seen them. Its the abandoned fairgrounds that really creep me out though

I don't know, its just the idea of a full city with no people there, it would be so amazing to just be there an have nobody around... lol

Ms.Marvel
why pay money to sneak in there when you can just watch this? =D

W6rQKwo_YWk

RocasAtoll

EDIT: though some reporters and former citizens have returned occasionally to write about the city, so there is SOME way to get in. I just need to find out whose wheels to grease, if you catch my drift
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter18.html

You can get in with a pass that doesn't cost that much. Just don't expect to get any help if you have a problem.

Darth Jello
Yup, let me tell you from first hand experience, Chernobyl-related radiation sickness sucks.

Lord Lucien
First hand?

leonheartmm
vancouver ftw. minus steep property prices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.