FP Tyrant+Amped thanos+all heralds amped Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Discuss.

galactusischere
Galactus.

Harbinger
Galactus. The heralds are essentially cannon fodder here.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Harbinger
Galactus. The heralds are essentially cannon fodder here. morg with WOL? Silver surfer amped etc,

Harbinger
They can all be easily stripped of their PC, and even if they weren't, there's not a damn thing they can do to Galactus.

Colossus-Big C
They can all be easily stripped of their PC, and even if they weren't, there's not a damn thing they can do to Galactus. dontgetit

galactusischere
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
dontgetit

Galactus-HeraldS....my RAGE!
*all heralds and Thanos die*

and after a long fight Galactus manages to defeat the Tyrant.

so yea the heralds and Thanos are useless.

Utrigita
dontgetit

Galactus has robbed Morg and Terrax of their cosmic power without even showing a sign of it being a hard task for him.

Also if we go by the life force / percentage of power, Galactus bestowes upon his heralds it's roughly 1 to 1.000.000. of his power in a weakened state.

rotiart
Discuss why I consistently make horible threads as if I've never read a comic.

fixed stick out tongue

Galan007
What sort of 'amp' does Thanos have here?

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007
What sort of 'amp' does Thanos have here? I think he's just referring to Thanos after his most recent resurrection.

galactusischere
I think hes referring to the Thanos that fought Tyrant.

Harbinger
The Thanos that fought Tyrant wasn't amped, though.

galactusischere
The Thanos that fought Tyrant wasn't amped, though.

He was amped with "knowledge". And knowledge is power..

Galan007
Originally posted by galactusischere
He was amped with "knowledge". And knowledge is power.. Heh.

Anyhow, here's how I see things:

1.) Galactus strips his heralds of the PC immediately after the battle begins. They are rendered useless.
2.) FP Tyrant gives Galactus a very good fight, but G ultimately wins as he did before.
3.) Then there's Thanos. We all know Thanos is nothing to a well fed... Or even fairly hungry Galactus. But because Tyrant and Galactus are near-equals, it would almost certainly take quite a bit of G's energy to defeat him. That said, the likelihood of G being emaciated/exhausted after battling Tyrant is very high - high enough that Thanos might be able to capitalize on it.

So imo, it all depends on what G does to/with Thanos in the opening moments of the battle.

Power Cosmic II
^perhaps, but Thanos would have to BFR himself to survive the collateral damage of an FP Tyrant Vs. Galactus engagement if he's going to sit back and wait.

Harbinger
^ Hadn't thought about that. Didn't Thanos say that Tyrant and Big G wrecked galaxies when they first fought?

Power Cosmic II
^ Yeah. It's true that Galactus doesn't routinely engage in battles of that destructive scope, but in terms of FP Tyrant that's the only level of power we can use to gauge since that was his only appearance. Therefore, G knows what it takes to bring down FP Tyrant...none of the other combatants survive the fallout unless G strips them of the PC and then BFRs them himself, as it's not really in his character to just kill heralds indiscriminately. Thanos on the other hand G has targeted for death before.

Xplosive
Heh.

Anyhow, here's how I see things:

1.) Galactus strips his heralds of the PC immediately after the battle begins. They are rendered useless.
2.) FP Tyrant gives Galactus a very good fight, but G ultimately wins as he did before.
3.) Then there's Thanos. We all know Thanos is nothing to a well fed... Or even fairly hungry Galactus. But because Tyrant and Galactus are near-equals, it would almost certainly take quite a bit of G's energy to defeat him. That said, the likelihood of G being emaciated/exhausted after battling Tyrant is very high - high enough that Thanos might be able to capitalize on it.

I don't think Thanos can do anything in such battle between FP Tyrant and Galactus, only to run away. Even if FP Tyrant and Galactus are near equal, actually that is the reason Thanos just can't do anything. His power is so small that it just wouldn't help FP Tyrant. They won't even notice him or his power.

Like you said, the only option is after the battle with FP Tyrant, and even then Thanos probably wouldn't be able to do much (except maybe with help of heralds (if still having powers) to drove him away).

celeyhyga17
They can all be easily stripped of their PC, and even if they weren't, there's not a damn thing they can do to Galactus.

agree 100%

bye bye power cosmic for each of those guys
this is really just tyrant/thanos vs the big G
we all know where that goes!!!

Galan007
Originally posted by Xplosive
Like you said, the only option is after the battle with FP Tyrant, and even then Thanos probably wouldn't be able to do much (except maybe with help of heralds (if still having powers) to drove him away). If Galactus' energy stores are depleted enough, lesser forces than Thanos can, and have, caused him physical harm. So like I said in my former post: IF Galactus uses the bulk of his power to battle Tyrant, there is a chance Thanos could capitalize on his weakened state.

There is also a chance Galactus would just destroy Thanos in the opening moments of the battle. There is also a chance that even if Thanos were alive long enough to watch Galactus/Tyrant duke it out, he would be destroyed by the resulting flares of energy they released.

sdurug

Xplosive
There is also a chance Galactus would just destroy Thanos in the opening moments of the battle. There is also a chance that even if Thanos were alive long enough to watch Galactus/Tyrant duke it out, he would be destroyed by the resulting flares of energy they released.

Indeed. But I think Thanos under his own power cannot escape such power (scope) in time.

Galan007
^ I'm confident that Thanos could escape a galaxy-busting blast before he was atomized (and that's assuming whole galaxies were destroyed at once.) Whether or not it would count as a self-BFR is the real question.

Colossus-Big C
wouldnt tyrant absorb them to himself to be more powerful?

Xplosive
^ I'm confident that Thanos could escape a galaxy-busting blast before he was atomized (and that's assuming whole galaxies were destroyed at once.) Whether or not it would count as a self-BFR is the real question.

He would have to escape more than one galaxy away (won't succeed under his own power). I really doubt it.

Colossus-Big C
writers dont always make powerful people bust galaxys as shocks from a fight,

if so
when odin zeus and vishnu combined all there power in 1 blast it should of busted multiple galaxies...........

Xplosive
writers dont always make powerful people bust galaxys as shocks from a fight,

We were assuming if that would be the case.
But anyway, Thanos shouldn't be near, when the two giants clashes.

quanchi112
Team wins.

Mindset
Galactus strips the heralds of their power, and forms a blast from that to kill Thanos.

Then Galactus beats Tyrant.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Galactus strips the heralds of their power, and forms a blast from that to kill Thanos.

Then Galactus beats Tyrant. Galactus already tried to concentrate his energies on Thanos alone and it vastly depleted him and he wasn't killed.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactus already tried to concentrate his energies on Thanos alone and it vastly depleted him and he wasn't killed. Lol.

Anyway, Galactus blasts him with one other shot, then Thanos is killed.

quanchi112
Lol.

Anyway, Galactus blasts him with one other shot, then Thanos is killed. Tyrant mauls him while Thanos teleports to a safe distance.

Mindset
So Thanos bfrs himself then Galactus beats Tyrant.

quanchi112
So Thanos bfrs himself then Galactus beats Tyrant. No, he just teleports out of harms way. Galactus also didn't fare as well against a depowered version of Tyrant on his own.

Mindset
But he fared well against a FP Tyrant on his own.

quanchi112
But he fared well against a FP Tyrant on his own. It was quite a confrontation and it wasn't easy on Galactus. With Thanos' aid they definitely win.

Mindset
Are you hoping Galactus killing Thanos in 2 shots will be enough of a distraction for Tyrant to win?

Colossus-Big C
Are you hoping Galactus killing Thanos in 2 shots will be enough of a distraction for Tyrant to win? galactus is not stripping his heralds of power here.

Mindset
galactus is not stripping his heralds of power here. Why not?

galactusischere
Like the heralds would be able to do anything...maybe Morg could be able to inflict some damage, but no other herald would fo sure.

quanchi112
Are you hoping Galactus killing Thanos in 2 shots will be enough of a distraction for Tyrant to win? If Thanos gets his best shielding I don't see it happening that quickly and Galactus spending too much energy just getting through one of his shields to be able to beat Tyrant.

Mindset
If Thanos gets his best shielding I don't see it happening that quickly and Galactus spending too much energy just getting through one of his shields to be able to beat Tyrant. It would be fairly quick, just 2 shots.

He'd have more than enough energy to face Tyrant.

quanchi112
It would be fairly quick, just 2 shots.

He'd have more than enough energy to face Tyrant. That's now what Galactus' comments led me to believe. It took Omega more than two mere blasts to kill Thanos and he's more powerful than Galactus.

galactusischere
That's now what Galactus' comments led me to believe. It took Omega more than two mere blasts to kill Thanos and he's more powerful than Galactus.

Meh, Galactus only said that he had depleted vital energies, he nevr said that he was suddenly low on power completely, and Omega wasn't more powerful than Galactus.

Mindset
That's now what Galactus' comments led me to believe. It took Omega more than two mere blasts to kill Thanos and he's more powerful than Galactus. It's what they led me to believe.

OK, it was only going to take Galactus two blasts, though.

What feats does Omega have that make him stronger than Galactus? I think I remember him destroying a house, and getting his eyes webbed by Spiderman.

galactusischere
Genis did say that big O was more powerful than big G, but I didn't buy it.

Mindset
Genis says a lot of things.

quanchi112
Meh, Galactus only said that he had depleted vital energies, he nevr said that he was suddenly low on power completely, and Omega wasn't more powerful than Galactus. Thanos stated it and Genis' ca confirmed it. Originally posted by Mindset
It's what they led me to believe.

OK, it was only going to take Galactus two blasts, though.

What feats does Omega have that make him stronger than Galactus? I think I remember him destroying a house, and getting his eyes webbed by Spiderman. It took one blast to get through one shield to three shields it would logically take at least three blasts and would expend 3 times as much energy.

Are you saying these statements by Genis were there to confuse the reader?

AlmightyKfish
He would have to escape more than one galaxy away (won't succeed under his own power). I really doubt it.

Thanos would be able to, his teleport tech is the most advanced teleportation tech in the universe (bar maybe the Continuum Cortex).

As for the fight, Galactus ftw

galactusischere
Thanos stated it and Genis' ca confirmed it. It took one blast to get through one shield to three shields it would logically take at least three blasts and would expend 3 times as much energy.

No Genis only said that to hype up the ending story, and when the fight ended, there was nothing Omega did that led me to believe that he was > to big G.

and question: when has Genis ever seen a well-fed Galactus?

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

The only remotely important factor in this battle is FP Tyrant, the heralds present are just a advantage for Galactus, and how much weight would Thanos who described his own power as "liliputian" in comparison to Galactus bring to the table? Absolutely none imo.

quanchi112
No Genis only said that to hype up the ending story, and when the fight ended, there was nothing Omega did that led me to believe that he was > to big G.

and question: when has Genis ever seen a well-fed Galactus? Because sometimes a statement is all that is required. We don't need to see feats to prove WB Hulk is greater than savage hulk do we? It's clear what the intent of the writer was especially in this case.

Originally posted by Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

The only remotely important factor in this battle is FP Tyrant, the heralds present are just a advantage for Galactus, and how much weight would Thanos who described his own power as "liliputian" in comparison to Galactus bring to the table? Absolutely none imo. Galactus would expend too much energy against Thanos to be able to defeat Tyrant.

Colossus-Big C
silver surfer and morg would put up a good fight, all the heralds hurt him, thanos drastically hurts him and tyrant kills him

Blanket
Galactus one shots Thanos again.
Galactus sucks all the heralds powers from them.
Galactus depowers Tyrant again.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Blanket
Galactus depowers Tyrant again.

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Galactus depowers Tyrant again. GALACTUS CANNOT SUCK THE HERALDS FRIGGEN POWER HERE!!!ranting mad

Blanket
GALACTUS CANNOT SUCK THE HERALDS FRIGGEN POWER HERE!!!ranting mad Galactus absorbs the heralds powers then.

Or he one shots all of them like he did to the 15+ Novas.

Enyalus
^ I'm confident that Thanos could escape a galaxy-busting blast before he was atomized (and that's assuming whole galaxies were destroyed at once.)
That last part is the thing. Thanos said that galaxies were destroyed in their conflict (over what, several thousand years of time?) But galaxy-destroying blasts? Meh. Galactus has never shown that kind of power before, and if they were destroying galaxies one at a time for thousands of years....I think LT or Eternity might take offense.

If we take Starlin's story as fact (take the leap of faith with me here), Galactus depleted himself just breaking through Thanos' tech shielding. Add to this the ability to form energy shielding ontop of that, and Galactus will need to expend precious effort and power to kill Thanos. Which leaves Tyrant the winner, seeing as they were evidently so evenly matched before.

Also, I definitely agree - the heralds play no significant role whatsoever. But I don't necessarily agree about his stripping them. I mean, he didn't bother stripping Surfer on the multiple occasions they've come into conflict. Nor did he to the Fallen One. Or psychopaths like Morg or Terrax. But yeah, most of them get one-shotted...except for an amped Surfer and Morg w/ WOL. Surfer on account of him not going down to Aegis/Tenebrous in one-hit, and Morg w/ WOL on account of him being awesome.

Mindset
Most of everything you said was stupid, Eny.

Live with that.

Enyalus
Most of everything you said was stupid, Eny.

Live with that.
*sniffle* I don't think I can, Mindset. *sob*

I'm off to play Russian roulette.

Mindset
Goodnight, sweet prince.

Enyalus
Goodnight, sweet prince.
Hamlet is for ****.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Enyalus
That last part is the thing. Thanos said that galaxies were destroyed in their conflict (over what, several thousand years of time?) But galaxy-destroying blasts? Meh. Galactus has never shown that kind of power before, and if they were destroying galaxies one at a time for thousands of years....I think LT or Eternity might take offense.

What do u mean by Galactus not being able to destroy galaxies? He did so in his battle with the Tyrant, and on another instance he teleported an entire in time AND space with a thought...

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
Hamlet is for ****. Mens?

I'm a mens.

Power Cosmic II
Thanos stated it and Genis' ca confirmed it. It took one blast to get through one shield to three shields it would logically take at least three blasts and would expend 3 times as much energy.

Thanos used 3 shields against Omega. He activated ALL against Galactus.

Infinity Abyss is chronologically before Thanos limited series. There was even a reference to Infinity Abyss. Thanos doesn't degrade his shields.

All=at least 3 shields, which is what Galactus nearly breached in a blast that is significantly below any single attack used against FP Tyrant.

Xplosive
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Thanos would be able to, his teleport tech is the most advanced teleportation tech in the universe (bar maybe the Continuum Cortex).

That is why I said under his own power. With tech, sure.

Galactus should win this, bt not easily. He would be exhausted.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Thanos used 3 shields against Omega. He activated ALL against Galactus.

Infinity Abyss is chronologically before Thanos limited series. There was even a reference to Infinity Abyss. Thanos doesn't degrade his shields.

All=at least 3 shields, which is what Galactus nearly breached in a blast that is significantly below any single attack used against FP Tyrant. Thanos used the best shielding he had available to him at the time which is less than against Omega because Omega was more powerful. It never stated three as well.

Galactus depowers Tyrant again. To one shot someone you defeat them with one shot. Thanos wasn't beaten yet.

KuRuPT Thanosi

What is this wouldn't do it under his own power stuff? If he teleports away and then back that is his own power he's using. If he tanks the collateral damage via his shields.. again that is him doing so. I'm unclear what isn't his own power. Also as Galan points out weaker people than Thanos have caused Galactus harm and got him to flee. We've seen Thanos send Galactus flying hundreds of feat through his ship.... yet we wanna say Thanos can't hurt him or effect him. If Galactus is battling tyrant and Thanos is unleashing those kinds of blasts from behind... he'll feel them.. you best believe that.

Power Cosmic II
Thanos used the best shielding he had available to him at the time which is less than against Omega because Omega was more powerful. It never stated three as well.

To one shot someone you defeat them with one shot. Thanos wasn't beaten yet.

Utterly false. "I survive, BUT ONLY WITH THE AID OF 3 PERSONAL FORCE FIELDS"

He erects 3 shields against Omega. Go read it again. He erects "all defensive shielding" against Galactus.

Starlin wrote both infinity abyss and the limited series. Abyss takes place before the limited series, not only because the limited series was published chronologically before the limited series, but because Galactus mentions that Thanos purloined DNA, firmly establishing that the limited series came after abyss.

Thanos used 3 shields in abyss. Afterwards, he used ALL shielding in the limited series. Unless you want to claim that Thanos purposely downgraded his tech in the interim...in which case I would need proof.

quanchi112
Utterly false. "I survive, BUT ONLY WITH THE AID OF 3 PERSONAL FORCE FIELDS"

He erects 3 shields against Omega. Go read it again. He erects "all defensive shielding" against Galactus.

Starlin wrote both infinity abyss and the limited series. Abyss takes place before the limited series, not only because the limited series was published chronologically before the limited series, but because Galactus mentions that Thanos purloined DNA, firmly establishing that the limited series came after abyss.

Thanos used 3 shields in abyss. Afterwards, he used ALL shielding in the limited series. Unless you want to claim that Thanos purposely downgraded his tech in the interim...in which case I would need proof. You misunderstood my post. He used three against Omega not against Galactus. he used whatever shielding he had available at the time against Galactus.

I think it's rather obvious that whatever shielding he had available against Galactus was far less than he made available when it was his sole purpose to go to war with Omega who was more powerful than Galactus as stated by the same writer.

Power Cosmic II
You misunderstood my post. He used three against Omega not against Galactus. he used whatever shielding he had available at the time against Galactus.

I think it's rather obvious that whatever shielding he had available against Galactus was far less than he made available when it was his sole purpose to go to war with Omega who was more powerful than Galactus as stated by the same writer.

Your logic is deeply flawed. Since when does Thanos scale the strength of his shields to the opponents he faces? So he brought more shields against DP Tyrant than he did against Odin? Where is your PROOF he does this on a regular basis?

IN ADDITION: the same writer mentioned that the threat of Hunger was greater than anything Galactus would conceive of doing. Yet Thanos brings less shields to deal with the Hunger situation than he would after he faced Omega? When Hunger threatened the entire universe, and Thanos was looking to turn the corner in his goals? So he brings less shield strength...remarkable.

quanchi112
Your logic is deeply flawed. Since when does Thanos scale the strength of his shields to the opponents he faces? So he brought more shields against DP Tyrant than he did against Odin? Where is your PROOF he does this on a regular basis?

IN ADDITION: the same writer mentioned that the threat of Hunger was greater than anything Galactus would conceive of doing. Yet Thanos brings less shields to deal with the Hunger situation than he would after he faced Omega? When Hunger threatened the entire universe, and Thanos was looking to turn the corner in his goals? So he brings less shield strength...remarkable. Common sense actually. If he knows he is going to actually have to implement a plan an directly survive an assault from someone more powerful than Galactus wouldn't he bring his best shielding available?

Now if he realized he had no other course of action than to attack Galactus wouldn't he be less than prepared than if it was his intention to take down Galactus?

He used all available shielding which was less than shielding he would bring when planning on facing against someone far more powerful than Galactus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
pretty much true. One he prepped for the other.. he didn't. It's simple really

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
pretty much true. One he prepped for the other.. he didn't. It's simple really Exactly.

Colossus-Big C
team 1 wins. SS has blasted galactus off his feet before...

quanchi112
team 1 wins. SS has blasted galactus off his feet before... laughing out loud

Power Cosmic II
Common sense actually. If he knows he is going to actually have to implement a plan an directly survive an assault from someone more powerful than Galactus wouldn't he bring his best shielding available?

Now if he realized he had no other course of action than to attack Galactus wouldn't he be less than prepared than if it was his intention to take down Galactus?

He used all available shielding which was less than shielding he would bring when planning on facing against someone far more powerful than Galactus. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
pretty much true. One he prepped for the other.. he didn't. It's simple really

^AKA you two speculate that Thanos doesn't amp himself but tailors his gear towards his opponents. Right. Your Common sense=no proof and unsubstantiated speculation

The common sense you two subscribe to is this: He prepped for Omega, brought 3 shields, and then after his clothes were torn apart, decided that having 3 shields was too much of a hassle for any future encounter with any other entity whatsoever, and unloads his upgrades...only to be left on his knees by Galactus because he didn't adequately "prepare" for a blast. Therefore Thanos panicked and activated "all defensive shielding" and nearly lost his life because he didn't "prepare."

Thanos..who prepares for any eventuality, who knew he had to do whatever it took to stop Galactus from releasing Hunger, didn't prepare. And threat of Hunger>>>>>>Omega. Are you guys serious?

quanchi112
^AKA you two speculate that Thanos doesn't amp himself but tailors his gear towards his opponents. Right. Your Common sense=no proof and unsubstantiated speculation

The common sense you two subscribe to is this: He prepped for Omega, brought 3 shields, and then after his clothes were torn apart, decided that having 3 shields was too much of a hassle for any future encounter with any other entity whatsoever, and unloads his upgrades...only to be left on his knees by Galactus because he didn't adequately "prepare" for a blast. Therefore Thanos panicked and activated "all defensive shielding" and nearly lost his life because he didn't "prepare."

Thanos..who prepares for any eventuality, who knew he had to do whatever it took to stop Galactus from releasing Hunger, didn't prepare. And threat of Hunger>>>>>>Omega. Are you guys serious? So you feel Thanos in preparation for a being more powerful than Galactus would bring less shielding than against Galactus even though he used what he had available to him?

He had shielding available and he still left with his life but if Galactus continued to attack Thanos wasn't prepared for an all out war like he was against Omega. You can disagree all you want but it's pretty obvious.

Mindset
Thanos is pretty stupid, then.

quanchi112
Thanos is pretty stupid, then. Not actually. he survived and stopped the Hunger despite dumb Galactus.

Mindset
He almost got killed by Galactus because he didn't use all the shields available to him.

That is stupid, plain and simple.

I guess Thanos doesn't prepare for anything.

Power Cosmic II
So you feel Thanos in preparation for a being more powerful than Galactus would bring less shielding than against Galactus even though he used what he had available to him?

He had shielding available and he still left with his life but if Galactus continued to attack Thanos wasn't prepared for an all out war like he was against Omega. You can disagree all you want but it's pretty obvious.

No, YOU feel that Thanos would unload his shields after facing Omega. A decision that was clearly idiotic on Thanos' part. Even the remote risk of Galactus breaching his shields would lead Thanos to keep any upgraded shields intact...or are you saying that Thanos dumbed-down his shielding when he went to the klyn because the Maker was not clear threat to him...yet still he ended up KO'd?

You and the other thanos fan are turning this into a Thanos vs. Omega, Thanos vs. Galactus comparison. That is an incorrect approach. Thanos was specifically prepping against Hunger as soon as he found out about Galactus' intentions and the detection of Hunger. To prevent Hunger from being released, he had to convince Galactus. If that failed, he had to try to take him down. Even in his discussions with Warlock he knew that a direct confrontation with Galactus was imprudent.

It's obvious Thanos didn't want Hunger to enter. It's obvious THanos couldn't fail in convincing Galactus. What possible reason does Thanos have to remove shielding that saved his life against a Galactus-level being, when facing Galactus himself?

It's obvious he had all shielding, not "all shielding available." The latter is pure unsubstantiated speculation on your part. Facts are facts. Thanos erected "all defensive shielding" and if you want to convince yourself that it was just "all defensive shielding available after Thanos removed the shields he used against Omega for whatever CIS reasons" then go ahead.

Power Cosmic II
He almost got killed by Galactus because he didn't use all the shields available to him.

I guess Thanos doesn't prepare for anything.

thumb up That makes 2 voices of logic and reason.

quanchi112

I guess Thanos doesn't prepare for anything. Almost losing the game isn't losing the game. Thanos achieved what he sought to achieve despite Galactus' buffoonery.

No, YOU feel that Thanos would unload his shields after facing Omega. A decision that was clearly idiotic on Thanos' part. Even the remote risk of Galactus breaching his shields would lead Thanos to keep any upgraded shields intact...or are you saying that Thanos dumbed-down his shielding when he went to the klyn because the Maker was not clear threat to him...yet still he ended up KO'd?

You and the other thanos fan are turning this into a Thanos vs. Omega, Thanos vs. Galactus comparison. That is an incorrect approach. Thanos was specifically prepping against Hunger as soon as he found out about Galactus' intentions and the detection of Hunger. To prevent Hunger from being released, he had to convince Galactus. If that failed, he had to try to take him down. Even in his discussions with Warlock he knew that a direct confrontation with Galactus was imprudent.

It's obvious Thanos didn't want Hunger to enter. It's obvious THanos couldn't fail in convincing Galactus. What possible reason does Thanos have to remove shielding that saved his life against a Galactus-level being, when facing Galactus himself?

It's obvious he had all shielding, not "all shielding available." The latter is pure unsubstantiated speculation on your part. Facts are facts. Thanos erected "all defensive shielding" and if you want to convince yourself that it was just "all defensive shielding available after Thanos removed the shields he used against Omega for whatever CIS reasons" then go ahead. I am saying Thanos didn't prep shielding in particular to go to war with Galactus. I am saying he used all shielding available to him at the time and this still taxed the shite out of Galactus.

He also knew he couldn't win a direct confrontation with Galactus but he needed to get his attention.

He used whatever shielding he had available which was less than what he had or used against a more powerful character. In both instances he triumphed.

I'm right and you're wrong.

Mindset
Almost losing the game isn't losing the game. Thanos achieved what he sought to achieve despite Galactus' buffoonery.

But almost dying is almost dying.

Which would make him stupid if he could have avoided it, and according to you, he could have.

quanchi112
But almost dying is almost dying.

Which would make him stupid if he could have avoided it, and according to you, he could have. If Galactus would have continued he most likely would have died. Thanos was still in fighting shape.

Thanos achieved the ends so he's quite intelligent and it worked. Don't argue with success.

Mindset
If Galactus would have continued he most likely would have died. I agree, Thanos is stupid.

quanchi112
I agree, Thanos is stupid. No, Galactus was dumb in the arc. Thanos saved all of reality and Galactus risking his own life in the process. What a hero!

Mindset
No, Galactus was dumb in the arc. Thanos saved all of reality and Galactus risking his own life in the process. What a hero! And dumb Galactus almost killed stupid Thanos.

quanchi112
And dumb Galactus almost killed stupid Thanos. But he didn't. You can argue what might have happened but we both know what did happen. Thanos saved the day. He's not an epic failure like Doom.

Mindset
You can argue what might have happened but we both know what did happen. Or I could just say what did happen, which is Galactus almost killing Thanos.

quanchi112
Or I could just say what did happen, which is Galactus almost killing Thanos. Almost. Remember the word. It's the key word you cling to while we know what happened.

Mindset
Almost. Remember the word. It's the key word you cling to while we know what happened. And there would not have even been an almost had Thanos used all his shields, which according to you he didn't.

So stupid on Thanos part, pretty embarrassing.

quanchi112
And there would not have even been an almost had Thanos used all his shields, which according to you he didn't.

So stupid on Thanos part, pretty embarrassing. He used whatever shielding he had available and still made it out.

Success isn't embarrassing that's called getting decimated by Thor in destroyer armor. That's utter embarrassment. I argue about what things do happen not almosts.

Mindset
He used whatever shielding he had available and still made it out.

Why weren't his other shields available to him, did he pawn them?

quanchi112
Why weren't his other shields available to him, did he pawn them? Because he didn't bring his best shielding because he didn't intend to take down Galactus. he brought enough shielding to get what he needed done.

Mindset
Because he didn't bring his best shielding because he didn't intend to take down Galactus. he brought enough shielding to get what he needed done. What he needed to get done was almost dying?

quanchi112
What he needed to get done was almost dying? No, he came there to stop the Hunger and Galactus refused to listen but Thanos still stopped it. Galactus was greatly damaged and almost killed as well. Thanos saved all of reality.

Mindset
No, he came there to stop the Hunger and Galactus refused to listen but Thanos still stopped it. Galactus was greatly damaged and almost killed as well. Thanos saved all of reality. Oh, it seemed like he was there to almost get killed, because he did that pretty well.

quanchi112
Oh, it seemed like he was there to almost get killed, because he did that pretty well. Almost intercepting a pass isn't intercepting a pass. Almost dying isn't walking around saving the day also.

Mindset
Almost intercepting a pass isn't intercepting a pass. Almost dying isn't walking around saving the day also. Cool, almost dying is almost dying though.

As it stands, he confronted Galactus and, due to his own stupidity, almost died.

Hey, we'll talk about how Thanos almost died later though, I'm gonna go watch some stolen movies.

quanchi112
Cool, almost dying is almost dying though.

As it stands, he confronted Galactus and, due to his own stupidity, almost died.

Hey, we'll talk about how Thanos almost died later though, I'm gonna go watch some stolen movies. If you don't want to look at the end result and success sure, mindset sure.

Batman-Prime
Because he didn't bring his best shielding because he didn't intend to take down Galactus. he brought enough shielding to get what he needed done.

Was it stated that he didn't bring his best shieldings with him? Or is this another Quanfiction on your part?

dur

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Was it stated that he didn't bring his best shieldings with him? Or is this another Quanfiction on your part?

dur

Don't you know that Thanos prepares for any eventuality. Except for the times he doesn't. Like what this particular thanos fan has been arguing.

Power Cosmic II
Almost losing the game isn't losing the game. Thanos achieved what he sought to achieve despite Galactus' buffoonery.

I am saying Thanos didn't prep shielding in particular to go to war with Galactus. I am saying he used all shielding available to him at the time and this still taxed the shite out of Galactus.

He also knew he couldn't win a direct confrontation with Galactus but he needed to get his attention.

He used whatever shielding he had available which was less than what he had or used against a more powerful character. In both instances he triumphed.

I'm right and you're wrong.

Atrocious analogy. Are you a sports fan? Surely not.
Tanking the season is tanking the season. According to you, Thanos intentionally brought shields that had a high probability of getting him killed. So he wanted to be brought to his knees and beg for Galactus to listen to him for...what purpose? You don't enter into games with the intention of losing unless you're tanking. You don't intentionally put a game at risk because you're too comfortable with being under-prepared. And Thanos was at MORTAL peril. You should never be a coach or general manager.

So where is your proof that Thanos downgrades himself? Where's your proof that he scales his shields to match his opponent? How will you creatively respond to that challenge, I anticipate.

This statement epitomizes your post. Your post was filled with backed up evidence and not delusional claims. And it's very easy to take a complete falsehood and state it as fact.

Blanket
Thanos used the best shielding he had available to him at the time which is less than against Omega because Omega was more powerful. It never stated three as well.

To one shot someone you defeat them with one shot. Thanos wasn't beaten yet. Except when he gave up. I mean, isn't that your reasoning that Thanos didn't lose to Odin? Because he didn't give up?
Gives up after one shot = one shot.

Xplosive
What is this wouldn't do it under his own power stuff? If he teleports away and then back that is his own power he's using. If he tanks the collateral damage via his shields.. again that is him doing so. I'm unclear what isn't his own power.

It means without using technology. Only his raw cosmic power.

If Galactus is battling tyrant and Thanos is unleashing those kinds of blasts from behind... he'll feel them.. you best believe that.

When Galactus would battle FP Tyrant, Thanos would not be behind, because if he would be, he would quickly get destroyed. He would have to be far away from the battle to be unharmed.

quanchi112

dur It was stated he used all defensive shielding with him which ended up being enough. I have stated my reasoning and common sense once again backs me up.Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Don't you know that Thanos prepares for any eventuality. Except for the times he doesn't. Like what this particular thanos fan has been arguing. He did have enough shielding available to get the job done.Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Atrocious analogy. Are you a sports fan? Surely not.
Tanking the season is tanking the season. According to you, Thanos intentionally brought shields that had a high probability of getting him killed. So he wanted to be brought to his knees and beg for Galactus to listen to him for...what purpose? You don't enter into games with the intention of losing unless you're tanking. You don't intentionally put a game at risk because you're too comfortable with being under-prepared. And Thanos was at MORTAL peril. You should never be a coach or general manager.

So where is your proof that Thanos downgrades himself? Where's your proof that he scales his shields to match his opponent? How will you creatively respond to that challenge, I anticipate.

This statement epitomizes your post. Your post was filled with backed up evidence and not delusional claims. And it's very easy to take a complete falsehood and state it as fact. Thanos didn't lose though. The competition wasn't against Galactus he was there to help him not make a terrible decision and ended up having to rectify Galactus' buffoonery. I would be an excellent coach but that's neither here nor there.

Thanos doesn't always use powerful shielding like he used against Omega. He did have enough shielding access to tax Galactus. Imo he'd bring his best if he prepared to get into a personal war with Galactus but we saw it was a last second desperate action which later paid off.

Except when he gave up. I mean, isn't that your reasoning that Thanos didn't lose to Odin? Because he didn't give up?
Gives up after one shot = one shot. He wasn't there to fight Galactus he was there to help him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The point is we don't know what shielding he brought with him that day. It can obviously vary as we have instances of him SPECIFICALLY saying he was lucky he brought 3 shields with him. So.. obviously his shielding can vary and I'm sure depends on various factors. Whether he brought his best shields are didn't isn't relevant. Whatever shields he brought taxed Galactus. Period.

Power Cosmic II
It was stated he used all defensive shielding with him which ended up being enough. I have stated my reasoning and common sense once again backs me up. He did have enough shielding available to get the job done. Thanos didn't lose though. The competition wasn't against Galactus he was there to help him not make a terrible decision and ended up having to rectify Galactus' buffoonery. I would be an excellent coach but that's neither here nor there.

Thanos doesn't always use powerful shielding like he used against Omega. He did have enough shielding access to tax Galactus. Imo he'd bring his best if he prepared to get into a personal war with Galactus but we saw it was a last second desperate action which later paid off.

He wasn't there to fight Galactus he was there to help him.

Except

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2148/thanos0408.jpg

"So you aren't just looking for a FIGHT against Galactus?"

"The last thing I desire is any confrontation with Galactus. But such a conflict may prove unavoidable. So I must know everything there is to know about my potential foe." Thanos acknowledging his unwillingness, but likelihood, in confronting Galactus, and preparing for such a confrontation.

and

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5328/thanos0420.jpg

"Galactus is by far the most dangerous opponent I have ever faced.

and,

"30 seconds before the main fuel storage ignites. Time enough to gather a replacement vessel AND GATHER THE DATA AND PROGRAMS I WILL NEED." The intensity of this affair reached OUTRIGHT HOSTILITY earlier than I anticipated."

which is, Thanos prepping for a fight against Galactus.

So, to recap:

Scan 1: Thanos acknowledges the highly unfavorable prospect of facing Galactus, and begins his prep.

Scan 2: Thanos states Galactus is by far his most dangerous opponent. This is after he gathers data and programs (i.e., shielding and other concerns eek! ) for upcoming hostilities.

Yet of course, Thanos will under-prepare for a confrontation with his "most dangerous opponent" despite clearly prepping and bringing data and programs necessary for the inevitable hostilities because according to you...he wasn't ready. Despite him making those statements.

You don't enter into a championship game (in this instance, the universe is at stake) against the most dangerous team you've ever faced by going to the strip club the night before. You sure you'd be a good coach?

The point is we don't know what shielding he brought with him that day. It can obviously vary as we have instances of him SPECIFICALLY saying he was lucky he brought 3 shields with him. So.. obviously his shielding can vary and I'm sure depends on various factors. Whether he brought his best shields are didn't isn't relevant. Whatever shields he brought taxed Galactus. Period.

Obviously Thanos downgrades himself all the time. roll eyes (sarcastic) That's a non-argument. What boggles me is neither of you consider that Thanos kept, or even upgraded his shields after you know...Omega nearly killed him, despite him being prepared. Or you can take the more baffling approach and say he removed the shields that barely protected him, and he nearly got killed again because he decided to take them out. Wait, that's actually your argument. So where is your proof that he took them out, because no where in the interim between abyss and the LS does it even remotely suggest he removed them. Quite the contrary, actually.

Also, with your statement above, you have no idea what we're discussing.

The fact that I'm challenging 1 shield vs. 3 shields isn't relevant to your insistence that the shields got taxed? Cool...find someone to argue that the shields didn't tax Galactus, cause that's not the issue at debate here.

quanchi112
I am not quoting you because I don't want that image up again. First things first the most dangerous opponent I have ever faced means he is more dangerous than Omega not more powerful. He also didn't intend to get into a confrontation or an all out war because he knew his chances.

can 1.He is preparing to try and talk it out with Galactus and knows the situation could get nasty but didn't implement a plan to take down Galactus in physical combat. The only reason he attacked was because Galactus wouldn't listen to him and it was his last option.

Scan 2.Ye, he has shielding available against him just not the best shielding we have ever seen him implement against Omega a character more powerful.

He wasn't ready for an all out battle. He was ready in case Galactus attacked him hence the shielding but his intentions weren't to defeat Galactus in battle like they were against Omega making the situation entirely different.

I suspect Thanos doesn't always have the same shielding available to him story to story. I also suspect Thanos and his intentions against Omega had to do with him tanking Omega's attacks while he didn't plan on tanking the brunt of a Galactus attack as part of the plan. he still had shielding that would save his life but his intentions weren't to defeat Galactus only to stop him from releasing the Hunger.

I am just pointing out it's ludicrous to assume the shielding he used against Galactus was equal to the shielding used against a far more powerful character he intended on taking on. I can't help it you want to ignore the evidence and the circumstances.

Power Cosmic II
I am not quoting you because I don't want that image up again. First things first the most dangerous opponent I have ever faced means he is more dangerous than Omega not more powerful. He also didn't intend to get into a confrontation or an all out war because he knew his chances.

can 1.He is preparing to try and talk it out with Galactus and knows the situation could get nasty but didn't implement a plan to take down Galactus in physical combat. The only reason he attacked was because Galactus wouldn't listen to him and it was his last option.

Scan 2.Ye, he has shielding available against him just not the best shielding we have ever seen him implement against Omega a character more powerful.

He wasn't ready for an all out battle. He was ready in case Galactus attacked him hence the shielding but his intentions weren't to defeat Galactus in battle like they were against Omega making the situation entirely different.

I suspect Thanos doesn't always have the same shielding available to him story to story. I also suspect Thanos and his intentions against Omega had to do with him tanking Omega's attacks while he didn't plan on tanking the brunt of a Galactus attack as part of the plan. he still had shielding that would save his life but his intentions weren't to defeat Galactus only to stop him from releasing the Hunger.

I am just pointing out it's ludicrous to assume the shielding he used against Galactus was equal to the shielding used against a far more powerful character he intended on taking on. I can't help it you want to ignore the evidence and the circumstances.

I can't help that the scans contradict you so much that you don't even want to see them, as you literally just said.

I knew you would play "the most dangerous" card. I anticipated that. Who is likely to kill you first, a 5 year old carrying a shotgun or a skilled assassin with just a .45 pistol? Who has the more powerful gun? Who is the more dangerous? You bring a kevlar vest for the baby but you run up to the assassin bear chested? LOL.

Thanos didn't do anything to omega. His entire goal was last long enough to execute his plan. Don't bring up this "going to war" crap as he had spider-man as a critical piece along with 5 or 6 heavy hitters doing the majority of the fighting. Make no mistake, his entire plan was to survive long enough to reach the critical juncture.

Galactus is his most dangerous opponent, as he stated. He was prepping for a conflict with Galactus, as he stated. He was the ONLY one who could make Galactus see reason, as he stated. It's quite clear that he was preparing for OPEN HOSTILITIES, as the scan says, yet somehow you come up with this garbage

Your argument is non-existent. Since Thanos came to convince Galactus naturally what possible reason would Thanos have to even remotely imperil his life. By your argument you are saying he was prepared to beg for his life if needed. Thanos was prepared to beg. That is what you're arguing? No he prepares with what he has. He would want to stay alive in a conflict (which he stated, ON PANEL, that he anticipated and prepared for) as long as possible. He can't convince Galactus if he's dead. Yet you argue he wasn't prepared for Galactus being angry and just luckily escaped with his life.

"A pass almost intercepted is a pass almost intercepted" LOL. You're doing Thanos a real disservice. The guy who outmaneuvered Grandmaster doesn't prep his shields for Galactus? The guy who figured out the Magus' scheme doesn't prep for an nigh-inevitable encounter against Galactus? The guy who tricked the prince of lies, Mephisto, doesn't prepare for a confrontation that's staring him in the face? Etc. etc. etc.

The way you are arguing, you would think that the Thani-copter was just an incident of Thanos being unprepared for the NYPD.

Black bolt z
Tyrant almost killed galactus by himself.The rest aren't going to do much but if Tyrant has his original armor I say non-galactus team will win.crutch

quanchi112
I can't help that the scans contradict you so much that you don't even want to see them, as you literally just said.

I knew you would play "the most dangerous" card. I anticipated that. Who is likely to kill you first, a 5 year old carrying a shotgun or a skilled assassin with just a .45 pistol? Who has the more powerful gun? Who is the more dangerous? You bring a kevlar vest for the baby but you run up to the assassin bear chested? LOL.

Thanos didn't do anything to omega. His entire goal was last long enough to execute his plan. Don't bring up this "going to war" crap as he had spider-man as a critical piece along with 5 or 6 heavy hitters doing the majority of the fighting. Make no mistake, his entire plan was to survive long enough to reach the critical juncture.

Galactus is his most dangerous opponent, as he stated. He was prepping for a conflict with Galactus, as he stated. He was the ONLY one who could make Galactus see reason, as he stated. It's quite clear that he was preparing for OPEN HOSTILITIES, as the scan says, yet somehow you come up with this garbage

Your argument is non-existent. Since Thanos came to convince Galactus naturally what possible reason would Thanos have to even remotely imperil his life. By your argument you are saying he was prepared to beg for his life if needed. Thanos was prepared to beg. That is what you're arguing? No he prepares with what he has. He would want to stay alive in a conflict (which he stated, ON PANEL, that he anticipated and prepared for) as long as possible. He can't convince Galactus if he's dead. Yet you argue he wasn't prepared for Galactus being angry and just luckily escaped with his life.

"A pass almost intercepted is a pass almost intercepted" LOL. You're doing Thanos a real disservice. The guy who outmaneuvered Grandmaster doesn't prep his shields for Galactus? The guy who figured out the Magus' scheme doesn't prep for an nigh-inevitable encounter against Galactus? The guy who tricked the prince of lies, Mephisto, doesn't prepare for a confrontation that's staring him in the face? Etc. etc. etc.

The way you are arguing, you would think that the Thani-copter was just an incident of Thanos being unprepared for the NYPD. Omega had all kinds of problems Galactus didn't suffer from but power wasn't one of them.

Uhm, he had a carefully orchestrated plan to take him down unlike his last second listen to me Galactus blast. He didn't plan on getting attacked by Galactus like he did in the Omega situation.

He wasn't preparing to take Galactus' attacks so it's an irrelevant comparison. Thanos also would need aid and his purpose was to stop Galactus because he foolishly released something which could consume all of reality. I can't make it any simpler and it's obvious you know I am right.

No, I am arguing Thanos acted out in desperation against Galactus when he blasted him as he wouldn't listen. Thanos couldn't beat Galactus in combat and Galactus relented. The shielding he used against Omega was much stronger imo and was for the sole purpose of withstanding a far more powerful character than Galactus.

h1a8
Galactus loses this one easily. Many of you assume that Galactus can do all of this stuff at once, when he can't. Hell, SS can avoid Galactus's blasts for awhile. Now if this is full powered Galactus then he wins. Because I believe that he equal to Eternity in power at that level.

Utrigita
Originally posted by h1a8
Galactus loses this one easily. Many of you assume that Galactus can do all of this stuff at once, when he can't. Hell, SS can avoid Galactus's blasts for awhile. Now if this is full powered Galactus then he wins. Because I believe that he equal to Eternity in power at that level.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/27jm6.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Galactus loses this one easily. Many of you assume that Galactus can do all of this stuff at once, when he can't. Hell, SS can avoid Galactus's blasts for awhile. Now if this is full powered Galactus then he wins. Because I believe that he equal to Eternity in power at that level. You don't read too many comics do you. Almost everything you type is the exact opposite of what occurs in comics.

Power Cosmic II
Omega had all kinds of problems Galactus didn't suffer from but power wasn't one of them.

Uhm, he had a carefully orchestrated plan to take him down unlike his last second listen to me Galactus blast. He didn't plan on getting attacked by Galactus like he did in the Omega situation.

He wasn't preparing to take Galactus' attacks so it's an irrelevant comparison. Thanos also would need aid and his purpose was to stop Galactus because he foolishly released something which could consume all of reality. I can't make it any simpler and it's obvious you know I am right.

No, I am arguing Thanos acted out in desperation against Galactus when he blasted him as he wouldn't listen. Thanos couldn't beat Galactus in combat and Galactus relented. The shielding he used against Omega was much stronger imo and was for the sole purpose of withstanding a far more powerful character than Galactus.

The whole point is that Thanos needed to get Galactus to listen to reason. Galactus tried to KILL Thanos 2 issues prior for directly trying to intervene. Thanos WAS preparing to confront Galactus. How can he convince Galactus of the folly of his deeds if Galactus simply decides to ignore him and kill him outright? Which Galactus showed an intent to do on the astral plane? Or are you arguing that he stated he was prepared but didn't?

How do you explain the first scan, where he specifically mentions that he's prepping for a probably CONFRONTATION.

quanchi112
The whole point is that Thanos needed to get Galactus to listen to reason. Galactus tried to KILL Thanos 2 issues prior for directly trying to intervene. Thanos WAS preparing to confront Galactus. How can he convince Galactus of the folly of his deeds if Galactus simply decides to ignore him and kill him outright? Which Galactus showed an intent to do on the astral plane? Or are you arguing that he stated he was prepared but didn't?

How do you explain the first scan, where he specifically mentions that he's prepping for a probably CONFRONTATION. Not for an all out battle like against Omega.

By reading the comic and knowing they were completely different scenarios.

Power Cosmic II
Not for an all out battle like against Omega.

By reading the comic and knowing they were completely different scenarios.

"The last thing I desire is any confrontation with Galactus. But such a conflict may prove unavoidable. So I must know everything there is to know about my potential foe." Thanos acknowledging his unwillingness, but likelihood, in confronting Galactus, and preparing for such a confrontation.

He did more activity in the Galactus confrontation than he did against Omega. Galactus tried to kill thanos. Omega tried to kill thanos. Galactus is by far more dangerous than Omega. Thanos brings less shields against against Galactus, despite preparing on-panel? Deplorable misinterpretation of the context on your part.

My argument can now enter the phase where I just need to repeat myself and repost scans.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look it doesn't matter what shielding he brought.. maybe it was his best maybe it wasn't. The only point that matters is that it taxed a well fed Galactus. Period.

Power Cosmic II
Look it doesn't matter what shielding he brought.. maybe it was his best maybe it wasn't. The only point that matters is that it taxed a well fed Galactus. Period.

Dude. Go back several pages and see why that is NOT the topic of discussion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes but you guys are arguing over a point that is pure speculation by all parties. We know Thanos has a variety of shielding correct? What shields he brings or has available to him obviously varies. It could be a preperation issue, an opponent issue, a this is all I have at the time issue. Regardless, we don't know EXACTLY and FOR SURE what shielding he brought with him to face Galactus. Period

quanchi112

He did more activity in the Galactus confrontation than he did against Omega. Galactus tried to kill thanos. Omega tried to kill thanos. Galactus is by far more dangerous than Omega. Thanos brings less shields against against Galactus, despite preparing on-panel? Deplorable misinterpretation of the context on your part.

My argument can now enter the phase where I just need to repeat myself and repost scans. Yes, he had certain measures in order but didn't prepare to actually destroy Galactus like he did against Omega.

Omega is more powerful. Fact. Stated on panel and reaffirmed by Genis. Suggesting Galactus can easily breach the shielding a more powerful can quicker is a slap in the face of logic.

You ignore the situation time and time again.

Are you saying Thanos in a plan to beat Galactus would blast him once and then do nothing? Are you serious?

Utrigita

Yes the shielding he brought plays a part, mostly because if the shields he brought required prep to have their level of effectivness as it was portrayed then the discussion on whether or not Thanos is going to be a factor here with those shields can't on valid ground be drawn into this discussion. A strangely portrayed well fed Galactus.

Power Cosmic II
Yes, he had certain measures in order but didn't prepare to actually destroy Galactus like he did against Omega.

Omega is more powerful. Fact. Stated on panel and reaffirmed by Genis. Suggesting Galactus can easily breach the shielding a more powerful can quicker is a slap in the face of logic.

You ignore the situation time and time again.

Are you saying Thanos in a plan to beat Galactus would blast him once and then do nothing? Are you serious?

LOL. Thanos survived the Omega blast, did he not? Same with Galactus' blast. He survived both blasts, barely.

Don't ever say "slap in the face of logic" as you have been abusing logic to the degree of domestic assault and battery.

He prepped. He new the dangers. He teleported to Galactus' vessel with full knowledge of a probable CONFRONTATION. To argue, as you have been doing, that Thanos went into the situation with the serene confidence that Galactus wouldn't assault his person in the least is pure stupidity and imposing an enormous degree of CIS onto a character that clearly exhibited none throughout the entire series. Go run complaining to Starlin that Thanos used 3 shields against Omega and activated all shields against Galactus. Complain to him and impose your logic on him, because it's not valid here.

Thanos enters the very vessel of the most dangerous opponent he has ever faced with "the shields available at the time." YOU are the one saying that Thanos' plan was to blast him once, since you champion the position that Thanos didn't plan for a retaliatory blast from Galactus. I mean, that is so incredibly laughable I'm actually laughing out loud as I type. LOL.

quanchi112
LOL. Thanos survived the Omega blast, did he not? Same with Galactus' blast. He survived both blasts, barely.

Don't ever say "slap in the face of logic" as you have been abusing logic to the degree of domestic assault and battery.

He prepped. He new the dangers. He teleported to Galactus' vessel with full knowledge of a probable CONFRONTATION. To argue, as you have been doing, that Thanos went into the situation with the serene confidence that Galactus wouldn't assault his person in the least is pure stupidity and imposing an enormous degree of CIS onto a character that clearly exhibited none throughout the entire series. Go run complaining to Starlin that Thanos used 3 shields against Omega and activated all shields against Galactus. Complain to him and impose your logic on him, because it's not valid here.

Thanos enters the very vessel of the most dangerous opponent he has ever faced with "the shields available at the time." YOU are the one saying that Thanos' plan was to blast him once, since you champion the position that Thanos didn't plan for a retaliatory blast from Galactus. I mean, that is so incredibly laughable I'm actually laughing out loud as I type. LOL. Thanos survived the Omega blast and lasted longer than he would have against Galactus who was much weaker.

He didn't prep like he did against Omega. Again, you really have no legit points here.

You can laugh when you lose debates though I hardly see the point.

TheTyrant
Team wins, cause of the Tyrant.

Power Cosmic II
Thanos survived the Omega blast and lasted longer than he would have against Galactus who was much weaker.

He didn't prep like he did against Omega. Again, you really have no legit points here.

You can laugh when you lose debates though I hardly see the point.

I laugh at your lack of posts except literally "I am right and you are wrong"

And please, have some substance. Thanos lasted longer against Omega? Are you going to ignore the 6 other people that were fighting Omega before Thanos even entered the fray? Or the part where Thanos is on his knees begging Galactus not to blast him again? Drop this line of logic right now before you continue to debase Thanos.

You ignore starlin, you explain away Thanos prepping for a CONFRONTATION with Galactus by

I'm not allowing you to run off like a scolded dog without substantiating your baseless claims. Put up scans that distinctly show Thanos prepping to confront Omega. Otherwise, you can continue to believe you've proved your point to no one but yourself.

quanchi112
I laugh at your lack of posts except literally "I am right and you are wrong"

And please, have some substance. Thanos lasted longer against Omega? Are you going to ignore the 6 other people that were fighting Omega before Thanos even entered the fray? Or the part where Thanos is on his knees begging Galactus not to blast him again? Drop this line of logic right now before you continue to debase Thanos.

You ignore starlin, you explain away Thanos prepping for a CONFRONTATION with Galactus by

I'm not allowing you to run off like a scolded dog without substantiating your baseless claims. Put up scans that distinctly show Thanos prepping to confront Omega. Otherwise, you can continue to believe you've proved your point to no one but yourself. I don't have to take this debate any further than what I already have.

Thanos prepped to survive an assault from someone more powerful than Galactus.
It was noted to be three shields.
He lasted much longer than against galactus.
Thanos wasn't there to destroy Galactus.
It was noted he had three shields while against Galactus it was noted all shielding.

Thanos set up an entire scenario with a group in order to defeat Omega first by separating him from his ship.
Against Galactus he wanted to convince him of something not destroy him.

It was completely different and you acting like it was the same is completely wrong making me completely right.

Power Cosmic II
I don't have to take this debate any further than what I already have.

Thanos prepped to survive an assault from someone more powerful than Galactus.
It was noted to be three shields.
He lasted much longer than against galactus.
Thanos wasn't there to destroy Galactus.
It was noted he had three shields while against Galactus it was noted all shielding.

Thanos set up an entire scenario with a group in order to defeat Omega first by separating him from his ship.
Against Galactus he wanted to convince him of something not destroy him.

It was completely different and you acting like it was the same is completely wrong making me completely right.

Irrelevant garbage from you. Thanos acknowledged that 2 more minutes against Omega and he was dead. Galactus had Thanos so compromised that he picked him up. He picked up thanos and threatened to kill him and thanos begged for him to just listen.

Are you kidding me? Thanos didn't want to destroy Galactus? The entire series as written by starlin had Thanos practically admitting he couldnt do a damn thing against Galactus. Galactus on the other hand was in the process of wanting to kill Thanos. Thanos knew this, and you are going to debase Thanos by saying he went it without preparing?

So Thanos set up an entire scenario of invading Galactus' vessel, and with the full knowledge of Galactus intending to kill him the first time they met face to face, he brings no extra shielding? Pathetic dude.

And just so I can give you an opportunity to further corrupt starlin's intentions, here is Thanos EXHIBITING CAUTION (i.e., PROTECTING HIMSELF) against Galactus. With your logic he throws caution to the wind when he invades Galactus' vessel. Seriously, there's nothing to support your position except you twisting starlin's intentions to your own view. You position is so weak you refuse to post any scans corroborating your misinterpretations because you just dont want to admit that you can't back up anything, or counter anything I've said, with evidence.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7849/thanos0309.jpg

I know what you are going to respond.

Two different scenarios/Thanos crushed omega/Thanos had no intention of harming Galactus

And he suddenly stripped off his shields and his caution from just the issue prior so he could get a cheap thrill from begging. Great.

quanchi112
Irrelevant garbage from you. Thanos acknowledged that 2 more minutes against Omega and he was dead. Galactus had Thanos so compromised that he picked him up. He picked up thanos and threatened to kill him and thanos begged for him to just listen.

Are you kidding me? Thanos didn't want to destroy Galactus? The entire series as written by starlin had Thanos practically admitting he couldnt do a damn thing against Galactus. Galactus on the other hand was in the process of wanting to kill Thanos. Thanos knew this, and you are going to debase Thanos by saying he went it without preparing?

So Thanos set up an entire scenario of invading Galactus' vessel, and with the full knowledge of Galactus intending to kill him the first time they met face to face, he brings no extra shielding? Pathetic dude.

And just so I can give you an opportunity to further corrupt starlin's intentions, here is Thanos EXHIBITING CAUTION (i.e., PROTECTING HIMSELF) against Galactus. With your logic he throws caution to the wind when he invades Galactus' vessel. Seriously, there's nothing to support your position except you twisting starlin's intentions to your own view. You position is so weak you refuse to post any scans corroborating your misinterpretations because you just dont want to admit that you can't back up anything, or counter anything I've said, with evidence.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7849/thanos0309.jpg

I know what you are going to respond.

Two different scenarios/Thanos crushed omega/Thanos had no intention of harming Galactus

And he suddenly stripped off his shields and his caution from just the issue prior so he could get a cheap thrill from begging. Great. I'm not debasing Thanos it's you who thinks his brilliant prep consists of blasting someone then saying don't let me go. It's hilarious you'd stoop this low just because you're upset Thanos' shielding available to him taxed a well nourished Galactus.

He didn't bring enough shielding to survive an onslaught or have an attack formulated to destroy Galactus. If you read the comic you'd know in one comic Omega was prepped for termination while Galactus wasn't. Simple.

Colossus-Big C
thanos wins

galactusischere
This is a no contest. Galactus absorbs the PC out of his heralds, one-shots Thanos and proceeds to give Tyrant the ass-whooping of his lifetime.

Batman-Prime
This is a no contest. Galactus absorbs the PC out of his heralds, one-shots Thanos and proceeds to give Tyrant the ass-whooping of his lifetime.

Right... except he ain't allowed to absorb their PC. Though he can still one-shot them together with Thanos.

quanchi112
Right... except he ain't allowed to absorb their PC. Though he can still one-shot them together with Thanos. Except he has never oneshotted Thanos. You don't read marvel comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi

First the thread starter said to draining of PC from heralds. Then again they would all be one shotted either way. Funny you say Thanos would be one-shotted when his shielding taxed a well-fed Galactus to the point where he needed to go feed. Yet somehow he's one-shotted in this scenerio... please. He's far from one shotted. Gives Tyrant the beating of a lifetime... funny because their original battle that lasted thousands of years.. certainly did seem like a one-sided beat down or you'd think Galactus would've taken care of in hours. Lastly, if Galactus concentrates on the heralds or Galactus would be idiotic. Tyrant would be blasting the shit out of him from the side or behind. I see it like this... Galactus starts out by going after the heralds... dismisses them. Then proceeds to attack Tryant who has been blasting while he's disposing of the heralds.... They exchange.. Thanos starts blasting galactus like he did before which certainly gets Galactus attention and he feels it. He then turns his attention to Thanos.. and blast him.. Thanos erects his shields... Just breaking his shields taxes Galactus and he fires once more to finish him off. ALl this time Tyrant has been laying waste to Galactus from behind and now he's not well-fed and in fact much weaker... Game over.. Team has won.

Mindset
Lol.

Galactus does an omni-directional blast killing the heralds.

Then he grabs Thanos and beats him to death on Tyrant's face.

Utrigita
First the thread starter said to draining of PC from heralds. Then again they would all be one shotted either way. Funny you say Thanos would be one-shotted when his shielding taxed a well-fed Galactus to the point where he needed to go feed. Yet somehow he's one-shotted in this scenerio... please. He's far from one shotted. Gives Tyrant the beating of a lifetime... funny because their original battle that lasted thousands of years.. certainly did seem like a one-sided beat down or you'd think Galactus would've taken care of in hours. Lastly, if Galactus concentrates on the heralds or Galactus would be idiotic. Tyrant would be blasting the shit out of him from the side or behind. I see it like this... Galactus starts out by going after the heralds... dismisses them. Then proceeds to attack Tryant who has been blasting while he's disposing of the heralds.... They exchange.. Thanos starts blasting galactus like he did before which certainly gets Galactus attention and he feels it. He then turns his attention to Thanos.. and blast him.. Thanos erects his shields... Just breaking his shields taxes Galactus and he fires once more to finish him off. ALl this time Tyrant has been laying waste to Galactus from behind and now he's not well-fed and in fact much weaker... Game over.. Team has won.

That makes no sense at all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Utrigita
That makes no sense at all.

How so

Utrigita
How so

You are suggesting on one hand that Galactus can keep fighting Tyrant which is on Galactus own level continously for thousand of years (which I disagree on they did) without having a requirement to refill his energy storage during that entire battle. But on the other hand thinks that Galactus went from Well fed to Hungry breaking through Thanos shields. That logic makes, from my perspective, no sense at all.

Also to suggest that Tyrant wouldn't be Galactus first priority given their history and Galactus knowing that Tyrant is the only real threat he will face, is simply ignoring their history and the mindset of Galactus.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Utrigita

quanchi112
Lol.

Galactus does an omni-directional blast killing the heralds.

Then he grabs Thanos and beats him to death on Tyrant's face. Thanos rocks Galactus while the rest pile on while Tyrant beats on him. Team wins.

Mindset
Thanos rocks Galactus while the rest pile on while Tyrant beats on him. Team wins. How will Thanos rock anyone when he's a lifeless husk?

quanchi112
How will Thanos rock anyone when he's a lifeless husk? If Galactus just focuses on him he will get hammered by Tyrant.

Mindset
Thanos dies from the force of Tyant and Galactus fighting.

quanchi112
Thanos dies from the force of Tyant and Galactus fighting. How so? He didn't die when Galactus tried to destroy him so how is he going to die from the pact of his fight with someone else?

The Nuul
This is just Galactus vs Tyrant, again.....

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
This is just Galactus vs Tyrant, again..... No, it isn't. Reread the thread title.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>