Marcus Corvinus versus Drake...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Marcus Corvinus (Underworld: Evolution) versus Drake (Blade 3).

H2H combat in a heavily wooded area at night. Both fighters are at full strength.

sun wukongoku
Marcus has nothing to kill Drake even in his monster form he cannot hope to overpower Drake in his monster form. Drake has great hearing so sneak attack is pointless and his wings even if he penetrates Drake that means nothing there is just nothing to kill Drake except an inmovie invented virus that kills vampires which Marcus doesn't have. Marcus just can't kill Drake all Drake will do is keep the battle going then eventually chop off Marcus head with his sword.

NemeBro
Thanks for making me miss RJ.

the ninjak
Blade III was blasphemy. Utter crap on the highest scale.

Drake although a high level flash stepper could'nt defeat Blade. Maybe he gave Blade a healthy fight because he respected him. Maybe he was just a broken character. I bet on the later.

This fight is closer than some think for Marcus had blitz feats as well. But Marcus has those wings. Can go anyway.

A horrible film. Imagine if the film had an uber Dracula. Freaking all the other vamps out. It would've rocked and I would have lost my damn mind.

sun wukongoku
Originally posted by the ninjak
Blade III was blasphemy. Utter crap on the highest scale.

Drake although a high level flash stepper could'nt defeat Blade. Maybe he gave Blade a healthy fight because he respected him. Maybe he was just a broken character. I bet on the later.

This fight is closer than some think for Marcus had blitz feats as well. But Marcus has those wings. Can go anyway.

A horrible film. Imagine if the film had an uber Dracula. Freaking all the other vamps out. It would've rocked and I would have lost my damn mind.

WHat do you mean he couldn't defeat Blade they were about even in the sword fight but when Drake transformed Blade was out matched more than his fight with Nomak.

Marcus runs from gunshots and died from a "helicoptor accident" while Drake only died from the vampire killing virus.

the ninjak
By being killed by a helicopter accident do you mean being kicked into a propeller? That would've killed Drake too.

Utrigita
Wasn't Marcus pumped full of bullets by Selene on the road? Yes. Wasn't his body crashed against the rocks multiple times, I seem to recall that yes. We can also at the least assume that Marcus is as fast as Selene. All in all it'll be a good fight, not imo by any means a walk over for any of the two characters.

Placidity
Originally posted by Utrigita
Wasn't Marcus pumped full of bullets by Selene on the road?

Pretty sure he took it in the face too.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Placidity
Pretty sure he took it in the face too.

And wasn't he like completely unaffected by it?

thanos-prime
Marcus wins

KingD19
Selene dumped almost a clips worth of bullets into Marcus' face from point blank range when they were fighting on the back of the truck. Then he came right back and was already healed.

sun wukongoku
Originally posted by the ninjak
By being killed by a helicopter accident do you mean being kicked into a propeller? That would've killed Drake too.

We cannot assume it would, you need proof it can but I will say this Drake not even in his transformed state caused a crater it takes alot of body strenght to do that.

NemeBro
Drake dominated Blade, honestly.

I'd bet on Marcus though.

Greater feats of speed and strength, I'd say. As well as tanking boolets to face.

KingD19
Marcus lifted a stone portcullis that had to weigh several tons at least with no problems.

He yanked a helicopter out of flight.

He rammed a 10-15 ton truck off the road by shoulder charging it.

Marcus also showed an almost instant healing factor and durability.

Drake didn't have many strength feats aside from his fight with Blade, and they weren't past anything Marcus could do.

sun wukongoku
Originally posted by KingD19
Marcus lifted a stone portcullis that had to weigh several tons at least with no problems.

He yanked a helicopter out of flight.

He rammed a 10-15 ton truck off the road by shoulder charging it.

Marcus also showed an almost instant healing factor and durability.

Drake didn't have many strength feats aside from his fight with Blade, and they weren't past anything Marcus could do.

I never saw Marcus cause a crater like Drake and amazingly Drake did it not even transform imagine how strong he would be tranformed. He was able to toss around Blade like a soccerball.

KingD19
The crater wasn't all that big, and they were fighting in a room. All that stone was probably something easily breakable.

Call me when Drake does anything as impressive as Marcus, thanks.

sun wukongoku
The crater wasn't all that big, and they were fighting in a room. All that stone was probably something easily breakable.

Call me when Drake does anything as impressive as Marcus, thanks.

What proof do you have it wasn't concrete have you ever been to those buildings. I can honestly tell you if he can cause a crater that big in his regular form then think about his transformed form he took punches from blade like nothing I have yet to see marcus take anything like that.

KingD19
Because that didn't resemble concrete, and interior designers wouldn't make a fancy room like that out of concrete, it would look horrible.

And Marcus took punches from Selene and Micheal, one was a hybrid and and the other had the blood of his father, stated to be the only one who could match up to him.

And considering the fact that Marcus was the first vampire, as well as a hybrid, he was probably the third strongest being in the series After his father and Selene.

Drake making a crater is no big deal, really. Plus it's only one feat, which Drake could easily replicate...he could also take punches from Blade all day.

dadudemon
blood of his father, stated to be the only one who could match up to him.

Correction: beat him. This is very important because his justification to Selene for why he wouldn't take down Marcus was due to Marcus being his son. He said something like, "Could you kill your own son?" or something.

KingD19
You are correct. Elder Corvinus was the only being powerful enough to beat Marcus, even as a Hybrid.

Utrigita
You are correct. Elder Corvinus was the only being powerful enough to beat Marcus, even as a Hybrid.

I personally think that is debatable. Now we can be sure that Alexander could beat both his sons in their regular forms, but I think that Alexander beating Marcus when he was a hybrid is speculation. I know that Selene was capable of beating Marcus thanks to the blood infusion, but my impression is that in Underworld, you always become stronger then the parts that made you. Michael for instance is much stronger then both a Werewolf and a vampire.

Placidity
I personally think that is debatable. Now we can be sure that Alexander could beat both his sons in their regular forms, but I think that Alexander beating Marcus when he was a hybrid is speculation.

Argument that Alexander > Marcus (* Alexander > Marcus Hybrid =/> Selene Hybrid)

But the thing is when Alexander saw Marcus, he knew he had become a hybrid, yet his speech still leads us to believe Alex believed he could've beaten his son. Of course we are relying on Alexander's judgement ...

But I think it is a reasonable position to take, Selene was a nobody before taking Alexander's blood, and afterwards, she had the capability of beating Marcus. Now we know taking blood doesn't make you stronger or even equal to the person you took it from (Selene was turned by Viktor and we know she is nowhere near his level), so that gives us some indication that Alexander would've been far stronger than Selene/Marcus.

If we accept that Alex is stronger, it then follows we must also believe that he is LEAGUES above his son (in context of the alternate argument below).

I know that Selene was capable of beating Marcus thanks to the blood infusion, but my impression is that in Underworld, you always become stronger then the parts that made you. Michael for instance is much stronger then both a Werewolf and a vampire.

There's a problem with that line of thought. You state that a hybrid is stronger than a werewolf or a vampire - but how strong is a werewolf or a vampire? There is no average level we can use to gauge it, it all depends on age and also who the sire was. But you're right, hybrid's start out much more powerful when first turned than any Lycan or Vampire when they first turn, enough to match an Elder, but we don't know if he was stronger than Marcus or William (in a rejuvenated state).

Argument that Marcus > Alexander (* Marcus Hybrid > Alexander > Selene Hybrid)

Since we know that turning into a hybrid gives you a COLOSSAL boost in power (so much so that a newly turned hybrid could take on an Elder), it is also not unreasonable to believe that Marcus, already the most powerful Vampire, gained more than enough power to surpass his father (unless we believe Alex was far above Marcus to begin with).

But the fact that he lost to Selene makes this argument hard to support. I'd say the facts don't add up because the writers did not think it through like we are doing.

sun wukongoku
Because that didn't resemble concrete, and interior designers wouldn't make a fancy room like that out of concrete, it would look horrible.

And Marcus took punches from Selene and Micheal, one was a hybrid and and the other had the blood of his father, stated to be the only one who could match up to him.

And considering the fact that Marcus was the first vampire, as well as a hybrid, he was probably the third strongest being in the series After his father and Selene.

Drake making a crater is no big deal, really. Plus it's only one feat, which Drake could easily replicate...he could also take punches from Blade all day.

Then to you what is the floor made out of? I will tell you this if you were thrown same height as Drake and hit the floor there you will die because I'm sure to know well that floor like that were made to be just as strong as concrete.

I will say it again if he was able to pull off that feat in his human form think about his demon form.

Also what makes you think Drake will be killed as easily as Marcus Drake was the first vampire and said to be the perfect one which means he is even stronger than the reapers (I can honestly say are more of a threat than the lycans)

KingD19
Marcus was the first vampire in Underworld-verse, and his powers were magnified by the fact that he was a hybrid.

And you keep talking about the one feat; it's not that impressive. Blade has jumped from several stories and set off car alarms from the impact while being unhurt.

Selene in the first Underworld movie jumped off a skyscraper, landed, and walked without any discomfort.

Nothing Drake has done is out of Marcus' range; in fact, it's not even near it.

It's clear you like Drake, but you're just wrong.

sun wukongoku
Marcus was the first vampire in Underworld-verse, and his powers were magnified by the fact that he was a hybrid.

And you keep talking about the one feat; it's not that impressive. Blade has jumped from several stories and set off car alarms from the impact while being unhurt.

Selene in the first Underworld movie jumped off a skyscraper, landed, and walked without any discomfort.

What have you proven or did you read anything I've just said.

reread my reply because seriously you didn't catch what I had just said.

sun wukongoku

I honestly think you are just a Underworld fanboy with lots of biased and ill backedup facts.

Drake shows rivaling strenght to Marcus as he created a crater not even in his transformed state and took vampires heads off easily and in his transformation I'm sure he is as resilient as Nomak and believe me Nomak took a shit load of things Drake would definately have more.

You need to quite being misguided by your fanboyism.

KingD19
Yeah. I'm the fanboy.

Because making a crater in an office building is showing enough strength to yank a helicopter out of flight or ram a deuce and a half off the road while in flight and having nothing to brace against. Or lifting a portcullis that had to weigh several, if not dozens of tons.

Placidity
portcullis

Learned another new word smile

lol @ that kid though, necro'ing and calling people fanboys seems to be his MO.

KingD19

Olden days words are fun.

And yeah. You should check the Selene v Blade thread. 2 years dead, Monkey King over there brings it back and triple posts saying the same thing and calling me out.

sun wukongoku
Yeah. I'm the fanboy.

Because making a crater in an office building is showing enough strength to yank a helicopter out of flight or ram a deuce and a half off the road while in flight and having nothing to brace against. Or lifting a portcullis that had to weigh several, if not dozens of tons.

Imagine how heavy Drake would have to be if he was transformed. Take this into account you have no proof Drake is not as strong as Marcus just because we've never seen Drake pull down a helicopter you can't assume he can't do it.

Look at all those punches he took from Blade and they did absolutely nothing.

There's alot you need to take into account.

sun wukongoku
Olden days words are fun.

And yeah. You should check the Selene v Blade thread. 2 years dead, Monkey King over there brings it back and triple posts saying the same thing and calling me out.

It's a free country I can post my opinion unless you have the stenght to disprove it.

sun wukongoku

I see you have a liking towards me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.