Ikaris Vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
BFR is ON.
PIS and CIS are off.

Fight.

Harbinger
BRR is on? So they're fighting in the cold or some shit?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Harbinger
BRR is on? So they're fighting in the cold or some shit?

fixed stick out tongue

psycho gundam
ikaris can only hope to bfr, his mental powers might be strong enough to perform a mind attack but that's kind of stretch.

Knowsbleed33
Ehhh I don't see alot of hope for the Eternal.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Ehhh I don't see alot of hope for the Eternal.

Bentley
Transmute the helmet, mind rape. Done, I see lots of hope for the eternal smile

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Bentley
Transmute the helmet, mind rape. Done, I see lots of hope for the eternal smile

Lulz no.

Bentley
Lulz no.

Why not?

Knowsbleed33
Why not?

Because (A) you don't know that the metal that comprises Juggernauts helmet can be transmuted, and (B) only strong telepaths have ever shown they can put Juggernaut down. Chuck, Emma, Phoenix (Rachel), Bedlam.

People cling to the erroneous belief that anyone with even a shred of TP ability can put Juggernaut down.

Bentley
Why should I suppose a metal cannot be transmuted? Ikaris just users matter manipulation as Sersi but slightly weaker. Has the helmet ever resisted matter manipulation?

Any proof of Juggernaut being resistant to hypnosis?

galactusischere
Aren't cain's helmet, spandex, and basically overall costume magic?

Bentley
Originally posted by galactusischere
Aren't cain's helmet, spandex, and basically overall costume magic?

They have taken off his helmet though. awesr

Knowsbleed33
Why should I suppose a metal cannot be transmuted? Ikaris just users matter manipulation as Sersi but slightly weaker. Has the helmet ever resisted matter manipulation?

Matter manip has never been used on Juggernauts armor before. Being that it's comprised of mystical metal from the Crimson Cosmos, it's impossible to tell (or assume) that matter manip would work.

No, but he's never been hypnotized before.

galactusischere
They have taken off his helmet though. awesr Transmuting isn't an option, if Juggs' gear is all magic.

Bentley
So we just choose to ignore all those times Juggs has lost his helmet by some ill conceived logic of magical matter or what not?

So if Mother Theresa has never been hypnotized we suppose she cannot be hypnotized?

I'm sorry guys, I'm not buying awesr

Mindset
Well, odds are Mother Theresa can't be hypnotized, she's dead.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset

That's what most people think 131

Even though I assume there are people who believe in a kingdom with no dead nor worries after life.

Knowsbleed33
So we just choose to ignore all those times Juggs has lost his helmet by some ill conceived logic of magical matter or what not?

So if Mother Theresa has never been hypnotized we suppose she cannot be hypnotized?

I'm sorry guys, I'm not buying awesr

If you're saying Ikaris transmutes the helmet off his head, you're right; he can absolutely do this. But, that brings up my point B: How do you know Ikaris is a strong enough TP to put Juggernaut down? Based on his past showings, it takes a powerful TP to do it.

Bentley
Well, who has failed in doing so? That would be a start to gauge whether Ikaris can do it or not.

Knowsbleed33
Like I said, only powerful psi's have been successful in doing so. I'm not an expert of the Eternals, but far, but I kind of doubt Ikaris has TP on par with Chuck, and Rachel.

Bentley
So nobody has failed to mind-rape Juggs without his helmet? Because we really need to have someone failing to support it cannot be done.

Knowsbleed33
Or, we need someone other than a very powerful TP doing it.

Bentley
Or, we need someone other than a very powerful TP doing it.

So because he's been utterly stomped by Charles we suppose he cannot be defeated by anyone lower than he is? It just doesn't work that way. IF there is an instance of a powerful psychic at least stating it is difficult to tamper with Juggernaut's mind then we can work something.

Because if Doctor Octopus has been knocked by Professor X and no other psychic I'm not going to go ahead and imagine its a feat only uber psychics can do. That would be ridiculous.

Knowsbleed33
Bedlam struggled to put Juggernaut down via TP, and Chuck admitted she was a more powerful TP than he was.

Warlord
Ikaris could definitely mindblast Juggs but he needs to take his helmet off which I don't see happening.as for transmuting it...I don't think Ikaris has this kind of powers at least in the level Sersi does.
He can be smart enough to keep his distance but I do not see him hurting juggs too

Warlord
Bedlam struggled to put Juggernaut down via TP, and Chuck admitted she was a more powerful TP than he was.

I remember Bedlam putting down with one shot in that avengers issue.
of course he was without his helmet

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Mindset

laughing

The Nuul
PIS is the only reason why his magical helmet comes off. Most characters dont have a chance if they cant A) BFR him or B) mind rape him.

There have been no attemps to matter manip his armor/helmet, so we dont know if it will work or not. But his hemlet is supposed to be bonded to his armor via magic. By default matter manip wont work until proven otherwise.

Juggs wins this fight without BFR.

With BFR Ikaris wins via teleporting both of them into space, if this works.

Warlord
anyways Ikaris does not have matter manip in the level of Sersi

The Nuul
Correct.

Bentley
Originally posted by The Nuul
PIS is the only reason why his magical helmet comes off. Most characters dont have a chance if they cant A) BFR him or B) mind rape him.

There have been no attemps to matter manip his armor/helmet, so we dont know if it will work or not. But his hemlet is supposed to be bonded to his armor via magic. By default matter manip wont work until proven otherwise.

Juggs wins this fight without BFR.

With BFR Ikaris wins via teleporting both of them into space, if this works.

You can say that the helmet comes off by PIS, but it comes off! Do you have proof of those situations being retconned or that it cannot be matter-manipulated? If not, then don't make dandy assumptions about it and let characters use their real powersets!

"Its magic so it cannot be manipulated" when the helmet has come off is not a valid argument erm

Being less adept than Sersi in matter-manipulation is saying little since Sersi can turn people into bunnies with a thought.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Warlord
I remember Bedlam putting down with one shot in that avengers issue.
of course he was without his helmet

That was the 9th Day arc. The Exemplars were still being influenced, Juggernaut wasn't.

And yes, he was without helmet in the 9th day instance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.