John Creasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://www.everythingaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/293.man.on.fire.101707.jpg
Denzel Washington as John W. Creasy.

A man can be an artist...in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

Rayburn couldn't have said it better.

Prior to his gig as a bodyguard to nine-year-old Lupita 'Pita' Ramos, John W. Creasy really didn't give a flying f-ck about living. The former C.I.A. operative had taken up the bottle, having become disillusioned with his life.

That is, until he accepted the job working for Mexican businessman Samuel Ramos to protect his daughter, following a string of kidnappings around Mexico City, targeting the children of rich people and holding them for ransom.

It is during his tenure as Pita's bodyguard that Creasy begins to break out of his shell.

Then she gets kidnapped and he gets shot for his troubles.

As expected, Creasy gets super King Kong-omega-pissed and decides to wreck Mexico City in search of the girl who showed him that life was worth living.

And boy, does he ever.

Those 16 years as a C.I.A. agent sure come in handy. From the kidnappers themselves to the crooked police chief, Creasy leaves no stone unturned, not to mention the property damage he left in his wake. He even discovers that Ramos himself orchestrated the kidnapping in an attempt to get the insurance cash.

In the end, Creasy finds Pita, but as a result of numerous gunshot injuries, he dies as a result of his wounds. But he went knowing that Pita would be safe.

You gotta give mad respect to Creasy.

Trivia: Harrison Gregson-Williams did the music for the movie. He is best known as the guy who did the music for the Metal Gear Solid series.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, you just ruined the movie for those of us who have never seen it.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude, you just ruined the movie for those of us who have never seen it.

Funny. I thought everyone had seen it. It came out about 5 years ago. If I wrecked it for you, my bad.

Rogue Jedi
No worries, I'm sure most have seen it, not me though.

jaden101
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No worries, I'm sure most have seen it, not me though.

Good film....Very good film as it happens...You should watch it soon.

The egg bomb is...genius.

Rogue Jedi
I'll have Rob send me a copy.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by jaden101
Good film....Very good film as it happens...You should watch it soon.

The egg bomb is...genius.

So true. The most gangsta moment aside from that is when he's just strolling down the streets, blasting at the police chief and his henchmen, cold as he can be. Why else would I chose that picture.

Also, the movie itself is a remake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.