Abraxas Vs Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
CIS, PIS, jobbing are all off.

No outside help/tech/prep allowed.

Fight!

Enyalus
Thanos was only defeated via plot device before. No PIS/CIS, Thanos takes Abraxas down. Every time.

galactusischere
The IG was powered down on this site..
Now its official that UN>>IG.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
Not in every situation or scenario. The UN is more powerful overall but the IG can beat the UN in a fight depending on the weilders and other factors. And in either case UN>>>Abraxas so that's moot.

Enyalus
Nothing is "official" on this site. Just because someone believes it and may have argued eloquently for that point of view, doesn't make it true. The IG still bested the UN in the only even remotely direct confrontation there was.

galactusischere
The UN was MUCH weaker back then. For ex the UN only destroyed a universe in an old story(BCA) in the hands of Galactus himself. Now in the Abraxas saga, Richards destroyed the multi-verse in a blink of an eye and then restarted it.

Galan007
Now its official that UN>>IG. The UN is greater in scope. It, nigh-instantly, destroyed and recreated the entire multiverse. The IG simply doesn't have that broad of a feat to it's name.

But none of that changes the fact that the IG is still the more versatile weapon, by a long shot.

Enyalus
The UN was MUCH weaker back then.
Not really.
For ex the UN only destroyed a universe in an old story(BCA) in the hands of Galactus himself.
Because that's the amount of power needed for the plot to be resolved. There was no need to destroy the multiverse, only a universe to bring the story to a successful conclusion.
Now in the Abraxas saga, Richards destroyed the multi-verse in a blink of an eye and then restarted it.
Because the entire multiverse needed to be restarted in order to seal Abraxas back up. So the UN did that, too. Has nothing to do with it being weaker then or stronger now.

galactusischere
So what you're saying is that UN has no limits what so ever, which can't be true.

Enyalus
I don't recall saying that, especially as it would be counterproductive to the point I was making...namely that the IG is a more powerful weapon.

Omega Vision
So what you're saying is that UN has no limits what so ever, which can't be true.
Where did anyone say that?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't recall saying that, especially as it would be counterproductive to the point I was making...namely that the IG is a more powerful weapon. Originally posted by Omega Vision
Where did anyone say that?

"Because that's the amount of power needed for the plot to be resolved. There was no need to destroy the multiverse, only a universe to bring the story to a successful conclusion."

"Because the entire multiverse needed to be restarted in order to seal Abraxas back up. So the UN did that, too. Has nothing to do with it being weaker then or stronger now."

Enyalus
Galactusischere, if someone needs a universe to be destroyed so the story can be resolved, why would they have it destroy something more than that? The story called for a universe to be destroyed.

The Abraxas story called for the multiverse to be rebooted. It did both of those functions. Doesn't mean it was any weaker prior to that story. It just meant they had no need to use its full power before then.

Omega Vision
Galactusischere, if someone needs a universe to be destroyed so the story can be resolved, why would they have it destroy something more than that? The story called for a universe to be destroyed.

The Abraxas story called for the multiverse to be rebooted. It did both of those functions. Doesn't mean it was any weaker prior to that story. It just meant they had no need to use its full power before then.
I think he's trying to project upon you a no-limits fallacy, if I may channel ODG for a moment.

galactusischere
So if I had the UN and I wanted to destroy the omniverse because I had to, would that mean that I would succeed? That's whay your saying, UN has no limits since it can erase as much the wielder wants.

Omega Vision
So if I had the UN and I wanted to destroy the omniverse because I had to, would that mean that I would succeed? That's whay your saying, UN has no limits since it can erase as much the wielder wants.
Don't put words into other people's mouths.

Bentley

The UN is limited in scope by the person using it so the no limit fallacy is smooth.

Enyalus
Besides, omniversal nullification might just nullify yourself, too. erm

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Don't put words into other people's mouths.
Im not. He said that it was needed to destroy a universe in order to resolve the plot of the story. Then in another it was needed to destroy the multi-verse for the plot to be resolved. So all im asking is, in a story where the plot revolves around the omniverse or an omniversal level threat and a UN wielder seeks to resolve the plot(nullify the omniverse), would the UN wielder succeed then?

Omega Vision
Im not. He said that it was needed to destroy a universe in order to resolve the plot of the story. Then in another it was needed to destroy the multi-verse for the plot to be resolved. So all im asking is, in a story where the plot revolves around the omniverse or an omniversal level threat and a UN wielder seeks to resolve the plot(nullify the omniverse), would the UN wielder succeed then?
At the moment no. But if such a comic does come out and such a feat transpires then the answer will be yes.

Galan007
Taking into account the Alien Entity happening, doesn't Reed essentially have almost total knowledge pertaining to the entirety of Marvel (the omniverse)? If so couldn't he, in theory, utilize the UN to wipe it all out, and/or recreate it?

Enyalus
At the moment no. But if such a comic does come out and such a feat transpires then the answer will be yes.
thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Taking into account the Alien Entity thing, doesn't read essentially have knowledge pertaining to the entirety of Marvel (the omniverse)? If so, couldn't he, in theory, utilize the UN to wipe it all out?
Say there, brother. That's some dangerous thinking. What have I told you about using your imagination to come up with logical conclusions? mad

Enyalus
Taking into account the Alien Entity happening, doesn't Reed essentially have almost total knowledge pertaining to the entirety of Marvel (the omniverse)? If so couldn't he, in theory, utilize the UN to wipe it all out, and/or recreate it?
Two questions about that, one being how would he himself survive that and also how the UN would go about the destruction of the omniverse. I mean one, are we talking the addition of the 'worlds beyond worlds' where LT dwells? LT > UN, afterall. Additionally, does the UN nullify the omniverse and everything before it? UN is Galactus tech. Prior to Galactus being what he is, how does the UN exist to possibly reset it and the like?

Questions I have no answer to. lol

Galan007
Say there, brother. That's some dangerous thinking. What have I told you about using your imagination to come up with logical conclusions? mad I doubt we'd have to worry about that any time in the near future anyway, as both the IG and the UN have been drastically downgraded as of late. (ie. one of them in every Marvel universe, they failed to defeat a few Celestials, etc.)

Enyalus
The IG's always been depicted as greatly reduced in power when not in the prime 616 universe, though, so no surprises there.

Galan007
Two questions about that, one being how would he himself survive that and also how the UN would go about the destruction of the omniverse. I mean one, are we talking the addition of the 'worlds beyond worlds' where LT dwells? LT > UN, afterall. Additionally, does the UN nullify the omniverse and everything before it? UN is Galactus tech. Prior to Galactus being what he is, how does the UN exist to possibly reset it and the like?

Questions I have no answer to. lol I was more or less talking about the physical Marvel omniverse - not necessarily the realm LT dwells in and such (as I doubt Reed had a hand in creating lofty realms like that anyway.)

Galan007
The IG's always been depicted as greatly reduced in power when not in the prime 616 universe, though, so no surprises there. Meh, numerous versions of Reed throughout the multiverse (who all wielded separate IGs and UNs) being unable to defeat a few Celestials denotes quite a downgrade for those items imo.

Omega Vision
Meh, numerous versions of Reed throughout the multiverse (who all wielded separate IGs and UNs) being unable to defeat a few Celestials is a horrible downgrade for those items.
And yet there was an alternate Reed who could build a gun that could destroy Celestials? eek!

Galan007
And yet there was an alternate Reed who could build a gun that could destroy Celestials? eek! Yeah, 616 Reed just had that thing laying in his closet. Funny.

galactusischere
Reed also created an anti-LT gun...

Galan007
^ That was MC2 Reed, but yeah.

Enyalus
Meh, numerous versions of Reed throughout the multiverse (who all wielded separate IGs and UNs) being unable to defeat a few Celestials denotes quite a downgrade for those items imo.
I remember 3 of them being IG wielders. I don't remember any UNs though.

But meh, okays.

Galan007
I remember 3 of them being IG wielders. I don't remember any UNs though.

But meh, okays. My apologies. The UN(s) showing I was thinking about was in that same arc when a bunch of Reeds used several different Nullifiers against an alternate Galactus.

Enyalus
My apologies. The UN(s) showing I was thinking about was in that same arc when a bunch of Reeds used several different Nullifiers against an alternate Galactus.
I'll always forgive you. love

Galan007
haw-som

Nihilist
My apologies. The UN(s) showing I was thinking about was in that same arc when a bunch of Reeds used several different Nullifiers against an alternate Galactus. I never understood that, why they needed a load of UN's to take care of a 1 alt Galactus.

galactusischere
^ That was MC2 Reed, but yeah.

Wasn't the UN showing from an alternative reality too? Where Galactus had a bunch of other heralds.

Edit: didn't see your other post.

Omega Vision
I would think the UN's highest showing would be the Abraxas incident.

Colossus-Big C
Maelstrom>Abraxas

Enyalus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Maelstrom>Abraxas
Getting killed by a black hole is less spectacular than getting killed by the resetting of the prime multiverse.

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
I never understood that, why they needed a load of UN's to take care of a 1 alt Galactus. Because the UN was evidently downgraded for the sake of the plot.

Colossus-Big C
Getting killed by a black hole is less spectacular than getting killed by the resetting of the prime multiverse. Maelstom was unaffected but the UN and IG

Enyalus
Maelstom was unaffected but the UN and IG
He was uneffected by IG-Thanos' blast, yes.

Where you get the UN part from, I've yet to determine. Care to enlighten me?

Late EDIT: I also recall, I think it was Quasar, watching Maelstrom and IG Thanos battle over the universe. And Maelstrom telling both Galactus and Arishem off...so, I agree that Maelstrom > Abraxas.

Colossus-Big C
He was uneffected by IG-Thanos' blast, yes.

Where you get the UN part from, I've yet to determine. Care to enlighten me? wasnt he planning to nullify all existance except for him self?

galactusischere
wasnt he planning to nullify all existance except for him self? How is that related to the UN?

Maelstrom was abstract level at best.

Enyalus
wasnt he planning to nullify all existance except for him self?
Yes, but not with any UN, but by stealing all kinetic motion in existence thus sucking it into a gigantic black hole at the center of the universe, or somekind of comic-physics-like plot.

Also, I edited my last post. I agree with you, that Maelstrom > Abraxas.

galactusischere
Right..that's why he disappeared right after?

Enyalus
Right..that's why he disappeared right after?
He was killed by Infinity-amped Quasar and the aforementioned Black Hole. Pulled into Oblivion, apparently.

galactusischere
I was talking about the time where he talked smack to Thanos. And im not buying the whole Oblivion>other abstracts bull.

Enyalus
I was talking about the time where he talked smack to Thanos.
Oh. He tried to play it off like Thanos killed him. Maelstrom wasn't at full power yet. Hadn't stopped all kinetic motion. But in a Quasar issue of the same time period (I could look it up exactly if you want), Q saw Maelstrom and Thanos as larger-than-world entities battling over domination of...all existence, or something like that. Definitely a solid feat, especially compared to how Thanos treated the other abstract entities he faced with the IG.

Colossus-Big C
i see Mr. Master jumping in here real soon......

galactusischere
It doesn't matter though, Abraxas would kill all those abstracts with ease too. Did u see the pile of Galactuses?

and Maelstrom was no more powerful than Oblivion, so how was it that Galactus/celestials etc were all watching the battle seemingly helpless?

Colossus-Big C
It doesn't matter though, Abraxas would kill all those abstracts with ease too. Did u see the pile of Galactuses?

and Maelstrom was no more powerful than Oblivion, so how was it that Galactus/celestials etc were all watching the battle seemingly helpless? even though oblivion=other abstracts, hes not the same, when the prime multiverse is destroyed he is all thats left apprently.
and because of oblivion ,maelstom was unaffected by the gaunlet that pawned other abstracts

lets not go to the abraxas>oblivion argument because it would be

Abraxas>Oblivion/maestrom

Oblivion/maestrom>IG

but IG>Abraxas
idk confused

Mindset
Did someone show IG > Abraxas?

Enyalus
Killed one at a time. Something Maelstrom would've been easily capable of replicating.

galactusischere
Abraxas was multi-versal. Mael wasn't. He never did anything on the level of Abraxas.

Abraxas was Jaspers level threat(since Roma interfered, though im not saying he was as powerful).

And what did Maelstron do that would mean he could kill a galactus easily. He wasn't more powerful than Oblivion now was he?

Colossus-Big C
Abraxas was multi-versal. Mael wasn't. He never did anything on the level of Abraxas.

Abraxas was Jaspers level threat(since Roma interfered, though im not saying he was as powerful).

And what did Maelstron do that would mean he could kill a galactus easily. He wasn't more powerful than Oblivion now was he? if maelstrom wasnt stopped he would of collaps the Omniverse itself and assume oblivions role. ill get the scan

galactusischere
Bah, im not buying it!!

Colossus-Big C
Bah, im not buying it!! cant find the scans, does anyone have it? i think its the one were all the celestials watchers abstacts came to watch because they couldnt do jack about it IIRC

Enyalus
cant find the scans, does anyone have it? i think its the one were all the celestials watchers abstacts came to watch because they couldnt do jack about it IIRC
I have it. Somewhere. I'll look.

Galan007
cant find the scans, does anyone have it? i think its the one were all the celestials watchers abstacts came to watch because they couldnt do jack about it IIRC Quasar #24, iirc.

galactusischere
Quasar 23 I think. I have read the comic I just can't recal the omniverse ever being mentioned.

EDIT: Quasar 24 according to Galan.

Enyalus
Some of the pages from Quasar v1 #24...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole5.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole6.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole7.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole8.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole9.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole10.jpg

psycho gundam
it was after that issue iirc. the elan and watchers were first, then the big ass celestial mother ship of the forth host showed up and the watcher theorized that they either came to watch or came to do something but recognized the futility as the watchers did.

that issue was when maelstrom was showing off that he was going to do something cosmic up in that bit(h

Endless Mike
Abraxas < UN < Incomplete IG < IG

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it was after that issue iirc. the elan and watchers were first, then the big ass celestial mother ship of the forth host showed up and the watcher theorized that they either came to watch or came to do something but recognized the futility as the watchers did.
Yeah, #25 I think. Or possibly #30, which involved Quasar going to an alt universe at the request of Uatu where Maelstrom duels IG-Thanos for control of the universe...But, I have neither of those issues on my computer.

galactusischere
Some of the pages from Quasar v1 #24...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole5.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole6.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole7.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole8.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole9.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Maelstrom_blackhole10.jpg

Meh, omniverse wasn't mentioned, so only universal power(and he wasn't even going to destroy the universe the good old fashioned way).

Average Galactus is the weakest of all the abstracts, so I fail to see how talking smack to him is anything to be mentioned to people in Abraxas' league.

Multi-Eternity had to cry out for help against big A.

BTW if Abraxas appeared in the same comic as Mael(the date) he would have already destroyed the universe, seeing that Galactus couldn't recall the UN to himself.

psycho gundam
i could be of some help cause i keep all my cosmic stuff in a box.....which i'm looking at in the distance..... but too lazy right now to do anything about.

sorry

Enyalus
Meh, omniverse wasn't mentioned,
He says 'cosmos' multiple times, which sometimes means that universe and sometimes the omniverse. Secondary keyword is that it was eating "Infinity's Body"...IE, all there is...IE, the omniverse.

psycho gundam
pretty sure he meant "mutiverse".

"omniverse" implies he will be erasing the cartoons and movies as well as every single universe down to the microverse, negative zone, liefield turd, etc (which is the multiverse).

galactusischere
Multiple cosmoes could mean a few universes, not even a multi-verse. So we need better info for that. But what we are sure is that Abraxas was eventually going to destroy the multi-verse.

TRUE Infinity is only multi-versal, not omniversal. and the Infinity that appeared in the Infinity saga wasn't "true Infinity". Unless you mean that since 616 is the prime reality, destroying it would cause a chain reaction and thus destroy the omniverse?

Mindset
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Abraxas < UN < Incomplete IG < IG

Incomplete IG < IG < Abraxas < UN

Enyalus
pretty sure he meant "mutiverse".
Conceded.

Although multiverse or omniverse, the distinction is not very clear IMO. See Thanos' 'omni-reality' in the HOTU saga, par example.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Mindset
Incomplete IG < IG < Abraxas < UN

where did people reach that conclusion? in the ig vs. cosmic armor thread?

rotiart
sad
I was happy that we had gotten away from these kinds of threads about abstracts... sigh..

@big colossus C. do you actually own comics.. or do you just steal pics from others. I've seen a history of you asking for scans.. then later posting them.. i 'm not sure you have any idea where the issues come from... makes me think you just take other peoples work and try to pass it off as your own...

@galactischere... you immediately tried to turn this into a un vs ig argument. if thats what you really wanted, theres already threads for that. how do i know? the first page and 2nd reply... stop trying to create a bait thread just so you have your own thread... you could just as easily gone and written in one of the others...

when it comes to cosmic stories you'll end up in these... cyliccal loops...
ie... just read strange issue 4... and see what it mentions about eternity... my head hurts trying to remember all the little vague references to the universe over the past 30 years.

one could make the argument that abraxas collapses the universe with the ig in it... winning the match...
someone else could say... that ig defeated un which defeated abraxas therefore thanos should win...

yay me?

Galan007

that issue was when maelstrom was showing off that he was going to do something cosmic up in that bit(h Watchers and the Prime Celestial Host arrive only to witness the end:
http://img641.imageshack.us/i/33314129.jpg/
http://img716.imageshack.us/i/84747969.jpg/
http://img163.imageshack.us/i/18577156.jpg/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/84612111.jpg/
http://img522.imageshack.us/i/37580250.jpg/

Then Galactus, the Elan, and the Rigellians arrive later on:
http://img709.imageshack.us/i/54255932.jpg/

quanchi112
Ig wins this quite easily.

Colossus-Big C
Watchers and the Prime Celestial Host arrive only to witness the end:
http://img641.imageshack.us/i/33314129.jpg/
http://img716.imageshack.us/i/84747969.jpg/
http://img163.imageshack.us/i/18577156.jpg/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/84612111.jpg/
http://img522.imageshack.us/i/37580250.jpg/

Then Galactus, the Elan, and the Rigellians arrive later on:
http://img709.imageshack.us/i/54255932.jpg/

IYO Mealstrom>Abraxas?

Galan007
IYO Mealstrom>Abraxas? Imo, yes. Though I have never been overly impressed with Abraxas either. *shrug*

Mindset
Hater.

KuRuPT Thanosi

It's been powered down lol. GTFO with that crap. Nothing of the sort happened or even close to what your claiming. I believe your talking about the Cosmic Armor vs IG thread... I got the opposite impression of you from that thread...

Mr Master

Q saw Maelstrom and Thanos as larger-than-world entities battling over domination of...
all existence, or something like that.
Actually good friend,
Thanos & Maelstrom were struggling over a single sun,
also, these were alternate versions of each. (not 616 Thanos or Maelstrom)

And this 'What If' Thanos wasn't wearing the IG either, that's a kmc misconception.

This 'What If' Thanos had some kind of power source that made him "omnipotent,"
what that was though is a mystery. (might've been a CCU or something other, who knows)

Mr Master
Oh, and Abraxas >>> Maelstrom, anytime any day.
(Maelstrom needed a plot device to take out reality
and was stalemated by an Infinity-empowered Quasar) erm

Thanos/IG >>> Abraxas

Abraxas was more powerful than 616 Eternity/Infinity (the energy source of all Universes)
Abraxas destroyed many entire Universes just by approaching them,
he displayed influence over reality across all realities simultaneously,
he was the coming destruction of the Omniverse,
and lastly, it took arguably the most powerful weapon in Marvel to defeat him.

Still though,
Thanos/IG like Warlock/IG were supreme beings beneath only the LT,
so, all that jazz means little.

K Von Doom
I thought it was common sense to assume that Thanos had the IG in that alternate reality. Killing Quasar (about the same time Thanos had the IG) was fresh on Maelstrom's mind when he saw Q from the corner of his eye. It was about 5 issues after the Cosmos in Collision thing (about a month after the IG storyline) so the readers remembered how powerful Thanos was. Thanos w/cosmic cube would have been steamrolled by Maelstrom. So IG makes sense.

Mr Master
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I thought it was common sense to assume that Thanos had the IG in that alternate reality. Killing Quasar (about the same time Thanos had the IG) was fresh on Maelstrom's mind when he saw Q from the corner of his eye. It was about 5 issues after the Cosmos in Collision thing (about a month after the IG storyline) so the readers remembered how powerful Thanos was. Thanos w/cosmic cube would have been steamrolled by Maelstrom. So IG makes sense.
Only Thanos wasn't wearing the IG, so your sensible post doesn't fit.

And a CCU in the hands of Thanos would've curbstomped Maelstrom.

Thanos/CCU became the 616 Reality, which is the energy source of all space-time.

That aside, we don't know the outcome of that sturggle between Thanos and Maelstrom,
since it only lasted one page and then Quasar got kicked out of there.

SoulDevourer
Thanos w/cosmic cube would have been steamrolled by Maelstrom. wut huh cubes can warp reality so why cant a cube completly own Malestrom by blinkin him outa existence? or turn him into mushroom lol

Mr Master
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

wut huh cubes can warp reality so why cant a cube completly own Malestrom by blinkin him outa existence? or turn him into mushroom lol
A single CCU in the right hands can produce a God!

I remember one being used to give every hero and villain in reality 9777 their own Universe.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Mr Master
A single CCU in the right hands can produce a God!

I remember one being used to give every hero and villain in reality 9777 their own Universe.

If a Celestial Host was afraid to get involved with the Maelstrom battle, and if what Kubik said is true (that he and Kosmos were nothing compared to a Celestial), it stands to reason that the power inside a cosmic cube would be insufficient to battle Maelstrom. I'm certain that a sentient cosmic cube would know the ins, outs and limitations of a cosmic cube better than any outside wielder.

Mr Master

If a Celestial Host was afraid to get involved with the Maelstrom battle, and if what Kubik said is true (that he and Kosmos were nothing compared to a Celestial), it stands to reason that the power inside a cosmic cube would be insufficient to battle Maelstrom. I'm certain that a sentient cosmic cube would know the ins, outs and limitations of a cosmic cube better than any outside wielder.
First ... Cosmic Containment Unit >>> Cube being.

A CCU is the unrestricted form of a Cube being,
because upon reaching sentience they limit themselves.

Second, Thanos/CCU, would curbstomp Maelstrom,
so I'm being generous by suggesting Maelstrom would've stalemated Thanos/CCU momentarily.

Thanos/CCU became Eternity/616. smile

Colossus-Big C

so I'm being generous by suggesting Maelstrom would've stalemated Thanos/CCU momentarily.

Thanos/CCU became Eternity/616. smile no.

Mr Master

no.
Really?

So basically it's how you want to see things,
and not how things are in Marvel comics.

Well then, there's no point in debating with you.

Anyway, for the record:

Maelstrom was below an abstract and needed a plot device to take out reality (on panel)
Thanos/IG stomped the most powerful abstracts (the cosmic hierarchy in fact) (on panel)

What does this tell us?

dur

Colossus-Big C
Really?

So basically it's how you want to see things,
and not how things are in Marvel comics.

Well then, there's no point in debating with you.

Anyway, for the record:

Thanos/CCU became Eternity 616 (on panel)
Maelstrom was below an abstract and needed a plot device to take out reality (on panel)
Thanos/IG stomped the most powerful abstracts (the cosmic hierarchy in fact) (on panel)

What does this tell us?

dur okay you convinced me. were do beings like alien entity, sis-neg, the infinits compare ?

Mr Master

were do beings like alien entity, sis-neg, the infinits compare ?
Alien Entity is the embodiment of all things past/present/future (GOD)

Sis-Neg, absorbed all existing energy, making him GOD.

A single Infinite is more powerful than Eternity,
so, they rank somewhere above all that is.

Now don't get me wrong, when I say GOD, I don't mean TOAA.
I mean GOD within the omniverse. (below TOAA)

IG made Thanos and Warlock GOD as well. (below the LT)

If I had to categorize them in ranks though:

Alien Entity/Sise-Neg/IG are equals,
the Infinites are somewhere below, but surely not far.

Colossus-Big C
Alien Entity is the embodiment of all things past/present/future (GOD)

is that pheonix also?

Mr Master

is that pheonix also?
Phoenix?

Phoenix is a joke in comparison. (at best able to destroy an alternate reality)
but vulnerable enough to get stalemated by 6 heroes,
blown to billion of pieces by Xorn, (via a planetray emp)
or blown to pieces by the Shiar tech,
or get erased from existence by a universal remaker (Neutron galaxy)

K Von Doom

Thanos/CCU became Eternity/616. smile

Ahh ok, I thought CCU meant Cosmic Cube. What comic has a cosmic containment unit appeared in? i don't think I've read about it yet. And where did it state that a cosmic containment unit is an unrestricted cosmic cube?

Black bolt z
Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Oh yea and what was that last one...ummm oh yeah it was THANOS!Abraxas has 0% chance.

galactusischere
^ How so?
Abraxas was confirmed multi-versal.

Black bolt z
So...Thanos with the gauntlet could become multi-versal.Stop time and then deliver Billons of godly kicks to Abraxas's balls.

galactusischere
How does he do that? The IG was limited to only ONE universe..

SoulDevourer
How does he do that? The IG was limited to only ONE universe.. full IG < inconplete IG? confused

Mr Master

How does he do that? The IG was limited to only ONE universe..
Nah good friend, the 616 IG is Godlike power in your hand,
able to stomp the energy source of all universes.

Heck, even an incomplete IG performed a multi-universal feat,
by merging two entire Universes while standing in a third separate Universe.

That's manipulatiuon across 3 Realities, one of which was the 616 Universe.

Beyond this, Eternity had to merge with Infinity just to defeat an incomplete IG.

That aside, does it even matter?

When you can defeat entites that hold entire Universes in one hand,
or give the most powerful current entity (LT) a fight,
what does it matter whether or not you can control multiple Universes,
if, you're undefeatable across an entire Universe,
and anyone from any other Universe who steps to you gets stomped.

King Kandy
Ahh ok, I thought CCU meant Cosmic Cube. What comic has a cosmic containment unit appeared in? i don't think I've read about it yet. And where did it state that a cosmic containment unit is an unrestricted cosmic cube?
CCU is the same thing as a Cosmic Cube. It's not the same as a CUBE BEING, which is far weaker.

Cosmic Containment Unit is the device that manipulates reality.

Cosmic Cube is any CCU that is shaped like a cube.

Cube BEING is a sentient entity created from a cosmic cube, which limit their own power and are very inferior to the non-sentient forms. Such as Kubik or Beyonder.

Enyalus
Actually good friend,
Thanos & Maelstrom were struggling over a single sun,
also, these were alternate versions of each. (not 616 Thanos or Maelstrom)

And this 'What If' Thanos wasn't wearing the IG either, that's a kmc misconception.

This 'What If' Thanos had some kind of power source that made him "omnipotent,"
what that was though is a mystery. (might've been a CCU or something other, who knows)
Yeah, man. When I said what I did, I was going off memory and hadn't re-read the issue in question for several years. I did later on, when trying to find the Maelstrom evidence....but hey, since no one caught my slip, I figured I wouldn't draw attention to my error by correcting it.

Thanks a lot, jerk. stick out tongue

Endless Mike
Thanos

K Von Doom
Originally posted by King Kandy
Cosmic Containment Unit is the device that manipulates reality.

What does it look like? So it gives you a power similar to Proteus?

Black bolt z
The infinity gauntlet totally nerfs everything in every universe except the LT,heart of the universe,and One-Above-All.Depending on the user possibly eternity.

galactusischere
No, there are more beings that can kill and IG user.

quanchi112
No, there are more beings that can kill and IG user. Such as?

Black bolt z
Only one i can think of is Pip the troll and impossible man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.