The Thanos Imperative!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Power Cosmic II
This promo art is BADASS

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/860/thanosimperative.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11310.exclusive~colon~_the_thanos_imperative

Looks like Thanos vs. Magus, round 3. Thank God for DnA. Cosmic Marvel FTW! Happy Dance

Warlord
looks cool...

The Nuul
Wait....is this a one shot or a mini?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by The Nuul

A one shot that leads into the next cosmic event type thing.

I guess it'll act as a jumping on point like the Annihilation Prologues and WoK: SI

Galan007
Originally posted by The Nuul

Sounds pretty good.

Though I personally think that both Marvel and DC need to take a break from 'cosmic events' for a while. Meh.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Sounds pretty good.

Though I personally think that both Marvel and DC need to take a break from 'cosmic events' for a while. Meh.
Especially DC. They need another Identity Crisis IMO.

The Nuul
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
A one shot that leads into the next cosmic event type thing.

I guess it'll act as a jumping on point like the Annihilation Prologues and WoK: SI

Thought so.

guy222
should b good

quanchi112
smile smile smile

The best character is returning to comics. The art is outstanding.

Bentley
I don't know how I feel about cosmic events, because it's useful to portray characters that don't have their own books like Nova and the Guardians and I'm certainly pro-expanding the cosmic Marvel universe. That's the saving grace of the Blackest Night to me: Installing Atrocious and other characters as staples of the cosmic universe. It's important for we readers who read mostly cosmic stuff.

DarkOdin
IDK why ever is so sorked up it just a left over Thanos Clone big grin

About time he comeback but i hope after siege gets resolved. They keep everything simple for a little bit I would like to see more on the Cosmic end but at least keep it contain between the abstract and skyfather type characters without the muiltverse being in danger

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't know how I feel about cosmic events, because it's useful to portray characters that don't have their own books like Nova and the Guardians and I'm certainly pro-expanding the cosmic Marvel universe. That's the saving grace of the Blackest Night to me: Installing Atrocious and other characters as staples of the cosmic universe. It's important for we readers who read mostly cosmic stuff. Cosmic events have always been my personal favorite. When I first heard Thanos was coming back I was disappointed, but then when I read this article and realized it's not just to guest star in the gotg book but to segway into another major event i was won over.

Thanos isn't Darkseid nor should he appear anywhere near as often like some sort of Superman villain, but for major events and happenings.

This is Thanos at his best and where I want him to stay.

Bentley
I wouldn't mind if Marvel did some sort of catch all "brave and the bold" or "adventure comics" kind of book which could have different cosmic heroes so we can keep up with them without having them to be ongoing series. That way we wouldn't depend on events to involve the whole cosmic universe.

quanchi112
I wouldn't mind if Marvel did some sort of catch all "brave and the bold" or "adventure comics" kind of book which could have different cosmic heroes so we can keep up with them without having them to be ongoing series. That way we wouldn't depend on events to involve the whole cosmic universe. I'd like to see the Surfer get his own monthly again myself.

vansonbee
Hopefully, writers will display Thanos physical attributes & other combatant abilities.

Unlike Darkseid, Thanos isn't limited to evil or some what. He share similarities with Dark Beast from X-men, but in higher order of things. Knowledge is power.

WhiteWitchKing
This is probably the End War mentioned by Oblivion. Basically between the champions of the abstracts. Magus, the UCT, and the Fault on the side of life. Thanos fighting on the side of death. Infinity's champion, Quasar, is back to his original form. All that's needed is the resurrection of Maestrom as an avatar of Oblivion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
This is probably the End War mentioned by Oblivion. Basically between the champions of the abstracts. Magus, the UCT, and the Fault on the side of life. Thanos fighting on the side of death. Infinity's champion, Quasar, is back to his original form. All that's needed is the resurrection of Maestrom as an avatar of Oblivion. I am loving this idea as well. I always wanted Thanos to stomp Maelstrom and hopefully this will give me my chance.

guy222
if its done right, b a classic

thank god, no starlin

art is incredible

Blanket
Be interesting how the people who killed him off bring him back. Considering it's not someone else taking the reigns and making up how he comes back.

Also, Marvel Cosmic Events at least give the lesser known characters a chance to shine, considering they don't actually have known cosmic characters (except Surfer/Galactus), so it's not Captain America coming in and punting Thanos in the balls... or Wolverine doing anything. A lot less WTF moments, and whatnot. Seige is an example... Dark Wolverine. IMO anyway.

Should be interesting, and I hope it's written fairly well (should be considering who's writing it).

kevdude
Looks pretty good, can't wait for May!

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Blanket
Be interesting how the people who killed him off bring him back. Considering it's not someone else taking the reigns and making up how he comes back.

Also, Marvel Cosmic Events at least give the lesser known characters a chance to shine, considering they don't actually have known cosmic characters (except Surfer/Galactus), so it's not Captain America coming in and punting Thanos in the balls... or Wolverine doing anything. A lot less WTF moments, and whatnot. Seige is an example... Dark Wolverine. IMO anyway.

Should be interesting, and I hope it's written fairly well (should be considering who's writing it).

Well, it was Giffen who killed him off, not D&A...

& agree about cosmic events...

Blanket
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Well, it was Giffen who killed him off, not D&A...

& agree about cosmic events... Hmm. I was off there.
Now it's not as interesting to see how they brought him back.
Still read it though.

kgkg
Any excuse to use the Silver Surfer is win in my book. This looks pretty good hopefully it can deliver.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Any excuse to use the Silver Surfer is win in my book. This looks pretty good hopefully it can deliver. Yeah, he needs his own comic again.

guy222
Originally posted by kevdude
Looks pretty good, can't wait for May!

thumb up

manjaro
i for one am excited about this...my only hope is that i dont end up getting dissappointed. Marvel has always been the Go-to company for cosmic events. For their Cosmic story usually involves actively the whole universe or a handful of galaxies while DC will tease us with interplanetary stuff only to have one big showdown on Earth, and have to show how some ancient unattainable power is hidden on Earth or you cant achieve some errant objective b4 going thru Earth.etc.etc.

Moreover, thanos has always been a hands-on badass..not just standing there with his eyes glowing w/energy and his arms crossed behind his back...and i want that Chaos Sprite to comeback...oh have I missed her so

vansonbee
With Thanos introduction back. Every other current event of Marvel is so secondary or even third...

Siege what? laughing out loud

AND like you stated manjaro, I hope its not disappointment either.

Bouboumaster
This is the awesome

quanchi112
Originally posted by vansonbee
With Thanos introduction back. Every other current event of Marvel is so secondary or even third...

Siege what? laughing out loud

AND like you stated manjaro, I hope its not disappointment either. You got that right. I am loving siege but this makes everything else in the comic universe take a back seat to the mad titan. I like the new magus as well. Always been a sucker for magic.

Allankles
I see Quan is salivating, I just hope Thanos is written better than he was before, can't remember the last time Thanos was written well during and after Thanosquest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
I see Quan is salivating, I just hope Thanos is written better than he was before, can't remember the last time Thanos was written well during and after Thanosquest. Opinions vary. I disagree with fc and Ds being written well at all there.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Especially DC. They need another Identity Crisis IMO.
Not for me. DC has been way too dark lately. Identity Crisis, the Omac thing and then some Supermen being the major villains in Infinite Crisis...Sinestro Corps War was great but had so many characters die and was very gruesome and out there, Final Crisis was all about 'the day that evil won' (except it didn't so that was just strange), of course you had the deaths of major heroes like J'onzz and Bruce, now WoNK with the Earth distrusting even Superman and Blackest Night where yet again we have numerous characters dying and everything is all dark and depressing.

I want a feel-good old-school LOSH type crossover story. Something bright and hopeful. I think they might be doing something like that for Brightest Day, but then again they're also going to have that War of the Supermen story, so...

I love that they're bringing back Thanos, and as a major player in a cosmic event like before. And Abnett and Lanning are better writers than the more recent Starlin stuff, so they'll probably make this event successful and give Thanos his due, at least intelligence and cunning wise. My problem is that they seem to be a lot like Geoff Johns in the fact that they downplay the power levels of the characters they write quite often. And I hope that isn't the case here.

Hopefully Marvel gets this right.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Enyalus
Not for me. DC has been way too dark lately. Identity Crisis, the Omac thing and then some Supermen being the major villains in Infinite Crisis...Sinestro Corps War was great but had so many characters die and was very gruesome and out there, Final Crisis was all about 'the day that evil won' (except it didn't so that was just strange), of course you had the deaths of major heroes like J'onzz and Bruce, now WoNK with the Earth distrusting even Superman and Blackest Night where yet again we have numerous characters dying and everything is all dark and depressing.

I want a feel-good old-school LOSH type crossover story. Something bright and hopeful. I think they might be doing something like that for Brightest Day, but then again they're also going to have that War of the Supermen story, so...

I love that they're bringing back Thanos, and as a major player in a cosmic event like before. And Abnett and Lanning are better writers than the more recent Starlin stuff, so they'll probably make this event successful and give Thanos his due, at least intelligence and cunning wise. My problem is that they seem to be a lot like Geoff Johns in the fact that they downplay the power levels of the characters they write quite often. And I hope that isn't the case here.

I meant in terms of scale, not tone. DC needs to cut back on the Ultimate Evil stories for a while and focus on the home-front a bit more.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I meant in terms of scale, not tone. DC needs to cut back on the Ultimate Evil stories for a while and focus on the home-front a bit more.
Ahhh. Okay. I can see that.

Priest
Eh, I like Thanos, I'm excited that hes comming back to comics..Tho I hope they have a good reason why he he's getting resurrected again..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
This promo art is BADASS

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/860/thanosimperative.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11310.exclusive~colon~_the_thanos_imperative

Looks like Thanos vs. Magus, round 3. Thank God for DnA. Cosmic Marvel FTW! Happy Dance

looks impressive, i shall buy

theICONiac
Originally posted by Allankles
I see Quan is salivating, I just hope Thanos is written better than he was before, can't remember the last time Thanos was written well during and after Thanosquest.

Oh, I see Quanchi is a fan of Thanos...

whistle

Digi
I'm happy about this. I can't remember a Marvel cosmic event I disliked. At worst they're tolerable, and most are excellent. And the Titan is a pretty cool dude, even not being a gigantic fan of him.

I really just want the real Adam Warlock to stand up. But it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen.

Bentley
Originally posted by Enyalus
My problem is that they seem to be a lot like Geoff Johns in the fact that they downplay the power levels of the characters they write quite often. And I hope that isn't the case here.

While I get what you mean about certain characters I must say Magus is pretty damn powerful in his current incarnation.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Digi
I'm happy about this. I can't remember a Marvel cosmic event I disliked. At worst they're tolerable, and most are excellent. And the Titan is a pretty cool dude, even not being a gigantic fan of him.

I really just want the real Adam Warlock to stand up. But it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen. Aren't you more excited about Magus' return to comics. Seeing him in action already has me even digging this version of the Magus.

Bentley
To someone who says Thanos is Death's avatar, I guess you people forgot about Phyla?

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Aren't you more excited about Magus' return to comics. Seeing him in action already has me even digging this version of the Magus.

I'm excited, sure, but will be moreso with Warlock's return. Preferably as his more classic self, not the ambiguously-powered recent version.

Bouboumaster
To someone who says Thanos is Death's avatar, I guess you people forgot about Phyla?

Phyla is the Oblivion Avatar, and not the champion of Death

dmills
DnA basically said that Nova will be leading an all powerhouse team of Surfer, Glads and Quasar. Basically they hinted that he's going to be even more badass then he was during Annihilation.

Bouboumaster
This is gonna be the most awesome event ever

AlmightyKfish
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25088

DnA on The Thanos Imperative...

Nihilist
Got a bad feeling this is gonna end bad for Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Can't wait to Gardien of Galaxy #24!

Galan007
He back.

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/thanos1.jpg/
http://img62.imageshack.us/i/thanos2.jpg/
http://img245.imageshack.us/i/thanos3.jpg/

ermm

Bouboumaster
Holy Shit.

At last!

Digi
Hahaha, Phyla's useless. Even funnier after all the "This is the way you fight when you're the avatar of death" nonsense in the narration. Ok issue...didn't serve much purpose other than bringing the big guy back though.

dmills
And so it begins. Nova just got his new amp in issue 35. Interesting how they decided to go about it.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by dmills
And so it begins. Nova just got his new amp in issue 35. Interesting how they decided to go about it.

What was it?

Blanket
And so it begins. Nova just got his new amp in issue 35. Interesting how they decided to go about it. Get beaten into a coma by Thanos?

dmills
Well since it's been out for a week now I guess no need for a spoiler tag. Basically Nova has been holding back a massive portion of his power. He finally accessed it and put down The Sphinx.

Naija boy
Hmm maybe we will see another Surfer vs thanos showdown in this arc.

SevenShackles
hummm nova has a upgrade? curious if him and silver surfer have a rematch...

will it end like this....
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1081267-surfer_grabs_nova_super.jpg

or this....
http://erlern.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/nova_14_012.jpg

well back on topic, this looks awesome. when magus first poped up i had a feeling thanos was on his way back. im a little curious why he was resurrecting in a cacoon in the universal church itself, has that been revealed yet? was it magnus who initiated his resurrection? curious

dmills
Wow. That was when Nova had top notch art, the art quality has gone down the crapper since then. Looks much more cartoonish now.

SevenShackles
Wow. That was when Nova had top notch art, the art quality has gone down the crapper since then. Looks much more cartoonish now.

i agree, the guy who is currently doing novas art wont have anything at all to do with this will he? i dont know his name or gender but id hope even nova tie ins would be done by..more capable hands... god i know its off topic but i hate the art of the dude who did WWH and seems to be doing war world hulk. its just ugly.. the covers to WWH were so beautiful and the inside ugly. i hope its not the same here with any issues having to do with the event.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by SevenShackles
i agree, the guy who is currently doing novas art wont have anything at all to do with this will he? i dont know his name or gender but id hope even nova tie ins would be done by..more capable hands... god i know its off topic but i hate the art of the dude who did WWH and seems to be doing war world hulk. its just ugly.. the covers to WWH were so beautiful and the inside ugly. i hope its not the same here with any issues having to do with the event. John Romita jr. I really dont like his art. I have seen better but hes super popular.

tkitna
I want to pick this up too, but luckly my local comic shop just closed its doors for good. Its going to be tough for me to find it.

dmills
OMG! Did you guys see the new solict with Nova, Gladiator, The Surfer and Quasar? MULTIPLE GEEKGASIMS! Someone please post a link because I can't.

manjaro
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
John Romita jr. I really dont like his art. I have seen better but hes super popular.

ive been railing against JRJ since they re-introduced donald blake thor back in '98. i hate the way all his characters are blocky and they rarely have pupils, and they have rectangualr mouths but hey thats his style and thats what makes him stand out...its just like that Rob Liefield who loves to draw everybody with over the top muscles, guns the size of NBA players and pouches everywhere and elongated torsos and tiny feet

bbrem123
new guardians of the galaxy quick spoiler thanos runs a muck kicking the crap out of everybody. He seems to be mindless. He is said to be indestructible now too. Get shot down by a cosmic cube. Before he passes out says he says "you forced me...to live again...for that ...e-everything...d-dies..." I like the sounds of that!

Blanket
He's always been indestructable.

bbrem123
He's always been indestructable.

no like completely now...he was never indestructible? he was just dead..

Blanket
Originally posted by bbrem123
no like completely now...he was never indestructible? he was just dead.. Well, he's never really been stopped before. The only thing was Drax... meh.
He's taken shots from IG Magus, Galactus, Omega.

bbrem123
Well, he's never really been stopped before. The only thing was Drax... meh.
He's taken shots from IG Magus, Galactus, Omega.

well yea..i see what u mean...gamora says it in the comic...

drax: we got to take him. kill him stone dead.
gamora; he's invincible
drax; i've killed the sunovaschlag once.
gamora; my blade, it's meant to kill anything. even gods. It broke on his skin.
drax: what?
gamora: I dont think it's possible to kill him anymore. I think somehow he's come back...indestructible.

this lol

Blanket
Originally posted by bbrem123
well yea..i see what u mean...gamora says it in the comic...

drax: we got to take him. kill him stone dead.
gamora; he's invincible
drax; i've killed the sunovaschlag once.
gamora; my blade, it's meant to kill anything. even gods. It broke on his skin.
drax: what?
gamora: I dont think it's possible to kill him anymore. I think somehow he's come back...indestructible.

this lol Maybe he did indeed get an upgrade then.

Interesting. Looking forward to reading it, and then going nuts with threads.

Bouboumaster

All those with friggin' Thanos?! Against the Magus?!

I came like three times reading this.

dmills
Thing is, we don't know what side, if any, that Thanos will take.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
All those with friggin' Thanos?! Against the Magus?!

I came like three times reading this.

Why?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Why?

Because cosmic Marvel is simply awesome.
Thanos, Magus, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Drax, etc, are all awesome. Gladiator and Rich Ryder too. And they pit them in the same event.

dmills
I'm going to attempt to post it now.

http://www.novaprimepage.com/previews/tti2.jpg

Warlord
Oh My God....!!!!!!!
Awesome!!!!

dmills
Yeah that's about as kick ass as it gets. That team right there is going to phuck people up.

WhiteWitchKing
I'm going to attempt to post it now.

http://www.novaprimepage.com/previews/tti2.jpg

All that's missing is space Thor (aka Beta Ray Bill).

Gecko4lif
Maybe thanos is doing his unis the untouchable impression

Digi
Well, I'd like to point out that while "indestructible" is currently speculative (though I'm sure it won't stop the vs. forum) he did get KO'd, albeit from a source that's powerful enough to believably accomplish it.

All that's missing is space Thor (aka Beta Ray Bill).

Nova's on the upcoming Secret Avengers team. I think they want to keep Thor on Earth for their "Heroic Age" stuff. But there could be some players from Earth because of Nova's connections. BRB is an option, but we'll see.

Blanket
Dark Quasar from Nova 36 has an 'undying lord' that he is scared to say his name. At the end of the issue when he runs away to tell his lord, it says 'Next; Thanos Imperative', so maybe... Although it'd have to have happened after the GOTG issue.

Either way, looks like this event should be pretty good.

Looks like Nova's art is back up to snuff, and I hope they use that same art for the main event.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Because cosmic Marvel is simply awesome.
Thanos, Magus, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Drax, etc, are all awesome. Gladiator and Rich Ryder too. And they pit them in the same event.

You said you came 3 times reading this, I assumed you meant GotG #25. I was wondering what you found so great about that issue.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
You said you came 3 times reading this, I assumed you meant GotG #25. I was wondering what you found so great about that issue.

Not talking about the issue, but about the entire event

Knowsbleed33
thumb up

Bentley
Wonder if indestructibility will continue or if it was erased by the cube.

Warlord
All that's missing is space Thor (aka Beta Ray Bill). i was thinking the same thing.

dmills
I'd love to see BRB included.

WhiteWitchKing
I'd love to see BRB included.

Call them Star Masters II and give them a book. Then find a way to include Darkhawk to the roster.

Thanos Imperative: Ignition previews.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4968&disp=table

Bentley
That's just plain cool.

the Darkone
I would love to see Thor be added to this really, look at it for a min you Nova who is becoming a top tier in his own right, Quasar nuff said, Gladiator could get the respect he deserves, Silver Surfer nuff said, and Thanos who is the antihero he can play both sides that suites him and you bring in Adam Warlock And Thor you are talking a team buster on whole new level. But I feel that Adam Warlock will show up you can't have Thanos without Adam Warlock, they are opposites from one another they have the best releationship as for rivals.

This is bad a$$ team, hell they would smoke JLA.
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Nova-Prime
Thanos

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by the Darkone

Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Nova-Prime
Thanos

Thanos alone would smoke most of them. They would utterly destroy them in the spitest match of history

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by the Darkone
I would love to see Thor be added to this really, look at it for a min you Nova who is becoming a top tier in his own right, Quasar nuff said, Gladiator could get the respect he deserves, Silver Surfer nuff said, and Thanos who is the antihero he can play both sides that suites him and you bring in Adam Warlock And Thor you are talking a team buster on whole new level. But I feel that Adam Warlock will show up you can't have Thanos without Adam Warlock, they are opposites from one another they have the best releationship as for rivals.

Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Nova-Prime
Thanos

That's a horrible team with Thanos on it since's he outclasses all of them and can split or take a majority in a fight against this team. He doesn't belong there. That team is full of high end top tiers. Throw in Beta Ray Bill and Darkhawk and that would make a badass team.

dmills
In that preview, Nova seems to be in the fault chasing evil Quasar, pwns him, and then gets blasted by Magus. I can't tell what the hell else is going on.

Nihilist
Hope Nova dies in the Imperative.

Warlord
you don't like him?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Warlord
you don't like him? not really, even though i have bought his run(just to keep up with the cosmic scene), he just doesnt do much for me, kind of a nothing character.

Digi
Nova was high level in Annihilation.

dmills
@nihilist,
Well be prepared to be disappointed because you're going to be getting more Nova then you can stand this summer. Marvel is pushing him hard, the Thanos Imperative is just the beginning.

Nihilist
@nihilist,
Well be prepared to be disappointed because you're going to be getting more Nova then you can stand this summer. Marvel is pushing him hard, the Thanos Imperative is just the beginning. So, they can push him as hard as they want, it still doesnt make him anymore interesting.

Alpha Centauri
Nova's the man.

Can't wait for this arc.

-AC

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
So, they can push him as hard as they want, it still doesnt make him any more interesting. Sucks for you.

Nihilist
Sucks for you. Why would that be then.

dmills
I know it would suck for me if a character that I had zero interest in was the featured character in a major cosmic event.

bbrem123
nah...its all about thanos!

Bentley
Nova is a good character but I would be dissapointed if the Guardians were cancelled and his ongoing continued.

dmills
@Bentley,
I hear ya. Unfortunatly that's probably what's going to happen. Nova fans in all likelyhood comprise the majority of the gotg readership so if forced to chose between the two, Gotg is gone.

Nihilist
I know it would suck for me if a character that I had zero interest in was the featured character in a major cosmic event. laughing out loud he is a bit player like the rest of them, thats why his series is cancelled and his is being shipped of to a team book in which he will fade into the back ground.

dmills
Uh, no. If you've read all the interviews you'd know that it's been made crystal clear by DnA that Nova is the centerpiece of the story. Read Nova 36 and then come back and tell me if you still think Nova is just a "bit player".

Care to wager if Nova gets canceled? I bet the house he doesn't.

Digi
Guys, quit getting your panties in a bunch. It's pretty clear one of you wants more Nova, the other doesn't, and your debating his importance in the cosmic story but are being heavily influenced by your own perceptions of him.

He's around. If you like him, awesome. if you don't, oh well, there's other characters in the universe.

srug

Bentley
You are such a fanboy Digi.

Nihilist
Uh, no. If you've read all the interviews you'd know that it's been made crystal clear by DnA that Nova is the centerpiece of the story. Read Nova 36 and then come back and tell me if you still think Nova is just a "bit player".

Care to wager if Nova gets canceled? I bet the house he doesn't. He's a bit player compared to Thanos.

And yeah it does look like its cancelled as the artist for the book said on his facebook page tha Nova and GOTG are done, they are looking to do a Surfer series coming from this.

Ambient
So when is this coming out?

dmills
May 26th.

the Darkone
Read it today, the last page was speechless. Im sold on this sersi go "Thanos". Im not going to spoil it for no one.

spoil alert

dmills
This absolutely lived up to the hype! Take Note BRIAN BENDIS.

the Darkone
This absolutely lived up to the hype! Take Note BRIAN BENDIS.

thumb up The last page speaks for itself. AL are byfare better than Bendis right now, If it was me they would be writing Thor and Avengers right now.

dmills
This is how you set the tone for an event. DnA aren't phucking around with this one.

Bouboumaster
Man, what's in it!?

Ouallada
Let me just put it this way. The reveal involves a character's return, and extrapolates a certain What If? that involves a certain ailment to its logical end. Put that together with what you know of the Magus' alignments and you'll get it. Great issue, by the way.

dmills
Ahhh. Now the last interview that DnA did makes perfect sense. They mentioned said character seemingly in passing, but the comment was strange. It makes perfect sense now.

dmills
Damn. I'm still bugging out over that. I didn't see that coming at all. Wow.

Nihilist
Not bad, but at times the dialouge was f*cking terrible, hopefully it will get better as the event goes on.

dmills
^^^That was my one gripe.

WhiteWitchKing
Damn. I'm still bugging out over that. I didn't see that coming at all. Wow.

lol. I thought it was Marvel Man at the beginning until the last page. Still, I'm not as happy with Captain Mar-Vell being there. Maybe his costume wasn't as badass I guess. I prefer a live Magus to a dead one tho.

Galan007
Good issue. My only gripes (if they can even be called that) were Magus in general, and Marv's costume.

Warlord
wtf???
I just read the issue...
I must say that besides some Guardians books I haven't been following cosmic Marvel lately (which I should since it seems much better than earth stories tbh) so this issue was full of surprises for me.

So the major foe of the imperative would be a counter universe Mar - Vell while Thanos would be vital to exist for the universes' continuity.

Sounds intriguing...
I didn't like how Magus was killed though and I do want Warlock back

vansonbee
He was burn to ashes (Magus), but who knows, he might come back to life easily, thanks to what his organization stands for...

Really, the lord Mar-Vell was unexpected, but what he stood for in 616 does make sense in the alternate universe.

Warlord
it would be so cool to see a Dr.Doom champion of the weak or something in those lines...although the idea seems somehow identical from JLA and the Crime Syndicate of the antimater universe

Blanket
Magus will likely be back.
If not, at least they showed Mar-Vell was the shit.

Mar-Vell! I wish it wasn't spoiled for me before I read the issue though. sad

Also, I didn't mind his costume. They had to make it more King-ish.

Preview for the next issue:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/109/1093443p1.html

Bentley
This issue was solid and exciting, they brought about one of the few characters that would sound like a big cosmic deal facing Thanos.

Hope we get more Warlock later on.

JakeTheBank
Man, I normally don't delve in Marvel Cosmic, but I picked up the one shot for the hell out of it earlier...awesome stuff. Pretty easy to jump into and entertaining nonetheless. I'll be following this event.

HueyFreeman
Anyone see the preview for issue 4 of the thanos imperative? Safe to say thanos wont just be a manipulator like in previous stories, hes going to really get his hands dirty this time around.

Blanket
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Anyone see the preview for issue 4 of the thanos imperative? Safe to say thanos wont just be a manipulator like in previous stories, hes going to really get his hands dirty this time around. Link?

Anyway, curious as to how they explain everything about Mar-Vell here. Power level, him coming back, evil, etc.
Should be a good event. A change from the other shit. Seige.

Endless Mike
Well it's the "cancerverse" so in that universe Mar-Vell's cancer must have mutated and taken over the universe, or something. That would be weird.

Blanket
Wait, Thanos Imperative is a 6 issue series?

Even better if they can keep up the quality.

kgkg
Looks interesting enough.

Mar-Vell must be really powerful since even Adam's power was suppose to be much greater than Nova and they were treated like children.

Let's just hope they don't blow it.

dmills
The art in Ignition was Meh. Especially Gladiator.

So issue 1 in a couple of days huh? Between this, Shadowland and Secret Avengers, Marvel will be collecting a lot of my money this summer.

vansonbee
Originally posted by kgkg
Looks interesting enough.

Mar-Vell must be really powerful since even Adam's power was suppose to be much greater than Nova and they were treated like children.

Let's just hope they don't blow it. Iono, just cause character didn't defend or stood there to burn to ash doesn't mean much.

Person A could be stronger than person B, but Person A worship Person B?

kgkg
Iono, just cause character didn't defend or stood there to burn to ash doesn't mean much.

Person A could be stronger than person B, but Person A worship Person B? Could but it didn't look like that in that issue. In comics you need be more powerful for villains to worship you and he made them scream just by raising his hand.

I would say it's safe to amuse he is more powerful than those guys.

Blanket
Iono, just cause character didn't defend or stood there to burn to ash doesn't mean much.

Person A could be stronger than person B, but Person A worship Person B? Mar-Vell is not destroying Magus defending or not, if he wasn't powered up.

Warlord
The art in Ignition was Meh. Especially Gladiator.

having recently read Avengers #1 everything else seem like masterpieces

Bentley
Originally posted by Warlord
having recently read Avengers #1 everything else seem like masterpieces

I liked the art on Avengers 1 confused

HueyFreeman
Link?

Anyway, curious as to how they explain everything about Mar-Vell here. Power level, him coming back, evil, etc.
Should be a good event. A change from the other shit. Seige. It was in this magazine that just showed a bunch of marvel solicits for this summer. They preview thanos imperative, an upcoming turf war that will involve kingpin and new york heroes like spiderman, dd, moonight, bulleye, iron fist, etc, and the new marvelman series. It looks like the marvelman series is actually retconning his history so that the moore and gaiman run never happened. That pissed me off a little.

dmills
@Warlock

That bad huh? That's why for me, if your name isn't Lanning, Abbett or Brubaker, I'm probably not reading you this summer. I've given Pak, Loeb and Bendis enough of my money.

Warlord
I liked the art on Avengers 1 confused

well, it was too "children oriented" if I can describe it that way for me...
Secret Avengers art was way better

Bentley
What's the point of Marvelman if you retcon Moore and Gaiman?

HueyFreeman
What's the point of Marvelman if you retcon Moore and Gaiman? No point. The comic states that that marvelman is a hero from the 50s and it will show some of his battles with marvel boy in that era. Of course Moore retconned that into into being an illusion but it seems they are treating those adventures as real now.

Bentley
Judging from the previews of the next chapter:

Rocket Raccoon gets the upperhand on Thanos

eek!

vansonbee
Judging from the previews of the next chapter:

Rocket Raccoon gets the upperhand on Thanos

eek! Where is Pip the troll at!

Pip / Thanos relationship smile Thanos lobotomize him

Bouboumaster
Marvel Cosmic is the shit

Blanket
Awesome so far.

A preview for the next issue... spoiler.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zyweo9.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>