Soldiers Accidentaly Kill Twelve Afghans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
ARTICLE EXPLAINING THE ACCIDENTAL MISHAP

NATO Troops spot an enemy convoy and were ready to fire a rocket at it. Unfortunately after they fired, the rocket missed and hit a house with over twelve innocent Afghans in it and all the army can say about this situation is "oops, sorry." no expression

Ms.Marvel
eh.

happens to soldiers all the time. sucks to be in a combat zone.

jaden101
This has happened a lot. Didn't care then...Don't care now.

The Dark Cloud
Corporations will continue to profit from this "war". Nothing will change.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Corporations will continue to profit from this "war". Nothing will change.

Accidentally killing random people: the true road to profit!

Mindset
Originally posted by Nemesis X
ARTICLE EXPLAINING THE ACCIDENTAL MISHAP

NATO Troops spot an enemy convoy and were ready to fire a rocket at it. Unfortunately after they fired, the rocket missed and hit a house with over twelve innocent Afghans in it and all the army can say about this situation is "oops, sorry." no expression What do you suggest they do?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindset
What do you suggest they do?

I have and idea:

Apologize profusely.

Compensate any living relatives with lots of money.

Rebuild the entire village and establish permanent ways of making legit money.

Pull the **** out of Afghanistan.

Get rid of some of our military.

Get rid of some of our foreign bases of operation.

Focus more on developing new technologies, keeping the good stuff for ourselves, and selling the other stuff.

Use the extra money from a reduced military budget and increased revenue from our technology sales, to balance our budget and provide better domestic services.

The aind. (Spelled it that way, on purpose. Veterans of the internet will recongize that.)

Symmetric Chaos
What do you suggest they do?

Resurrect them. You don't really think corporations can't do that if they want to?

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have and idea:

Apologize profusely.

Focus more on developing new technologies, keeping the good stuff for ourselves, and selling the other stuff.

Use the extra money from a reduced military budget and increased revenue from our technology sales, to balance our budget and provide better domestic services.

The aind. (Spelled it that way, on purpose. Veterans of the internet will recongize that.) All terrible ideas, you terrorist.

Lord Lucien
Communist terrorist.

Nemesis X
Doesn't the military have like heat seeking missiles or something? Can't believe they still use things manually. Weren't those soldiers even trained to shoot something right? Hitting what is perhaps a big truck and yet they miss and hit a house. What is this, delta farce?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Doesn't the military have like heat seeking missiles or something? Can't believe they still use things manually. Weren't those soldiers even trained to shoot something right? Hitting what is perhaps a big truck and yet they miss and hit a house. What is this, delta farce?

that is exactly what they are.. probably reserves and only had one time training with RPG's and various weapons yrs ago or in boot camp..

american military is not the most well trained military in the world it is just the most technological advance one.

crap like this always happens we have gomer pyles running all over the place especially in the army.

Rogue Jedi
68Yv2NPAJ_w

Ms.Marvel
poor private pile. sad

ah well. he gets his revenge later

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
poor private pile. sad

ah well. he gets his revenge later

Maybe it was Pile who fired the rocket.

Solder: There's an enemy convoy dead ahead! Pile, prepare to fire the RPG at it!

Pile: On it! Oh look, a twinkie. *aims the RPG at the convoy but looks down and tries to reach the twinkie and suddenly pulls the trigger*

The rocket is heading towards the convoy.

Terrorist: WTF IS THAT?!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pile gets up after snagging and eating the twinkie.

Pile: Did I get it?

Soldier: Uh...If by "it" you mean that house full of innocent people and not the convoy that we were suppose to hit then yes, you did.

Pile: Well we can't do anything about it but say sorry but before we do that, lets head to the mess, I hear there's tater tots.

Soldier: ....WTH happened to this world?

Rogue Jedi
Yeah then he pwned himself.

Ushgarak
Obviously bad news, but can people get the facts straight please?

The target was a building, NOT a convoy. No amount of heat seaking technology would help. The wrong building was hit.

It was not an RPG round but a rocket artillery strike from a distant position. Whether the strike was given bad co-ordinates or if the rockets simply missed is not known, but all this nonsense talk about half-trained soldiers is irrelevant also

Lord Lucien
Or is it...?

Ms.Marvel
laughing out loud

Bicnarok

Lord Lucien

dadudemon
All terrible ideas, you terrorist.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Communist terrorist.

How...how......

how DARE yous! weep

shiv

Bicnarok

KidRock
I have and idea:

Apologize profusely.

The aind. (Spelled it that way, on purpose. Veterans of the internet will recongize that.)

Then when the United States gets attacked again, what would you do?

Mairuzu
Reminds me of the time I threw a random nade from a distance on MW2 which ended up killing my brother who was on my team.

We ended up losing the war.

no expression

inimalist
Originally posted by KidRock

when did the Taliban attack America?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by inimalist
when did the Taliban attack America? Don't you remember? When a bunch of Saudi Arabians, Lebanese, and Egyptians financed by a Saudi Arabian guy living in Afghanistan and sheltered by Pakistanis blew up the White House in Independence day?

Ushgarak
That might have been slightly funnier if you were talking about Iraq, Lucien. The Afghanistan link is pretty relevant to 9/11.

Inimalist is referring to the Al-Qaeda/Taliban distinction. Mind you, that's not necessarily a very good point because without there is an entirely reasonable connection between the two.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That might have been slightly funnier if you were talking about Iraq, Lucien. The Afghanistan link is pretty relevant to 9/11.

Inimalist is referring to the Al-Qaeda/Taliban distinction. Mind you, that's not necessarily a very good point because without there is an entirely reasonable connection between the two. ...

erm

Have you met my friend Buzz? He's from the Killington family up in Kent.

shiv
presumably if ''Nato'' withdrew the Taliban would then regroup and use their superior weapons tech and knowledge of alien science to Rule The World.

Lord Lucien
That is what's outlined in their charter.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KidRock

It wouldn't, though.

If it did, I certainly wouldn't create a distractionary "feel good" war to to vent anger. That's for sure.

And, if an idiot wants to committ acts of terror, and he's even halfway intelligent, he'll succeed.

But, do you know the reasons for these attacks?

Ms.Marvel
'cause they hate our freedom? embarrasment

shiv
Yeah they want to invade us and enslave us

inimalist
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Inimalist is referring to the Al-Qaeda/Taliban distinction. Mind you, that's not necessarily a very good point because without there is an entirely reasonable connection between the two.

no, you are totally right

so, the best way to attack the horizontally organized Al Qaeda network, which at its peak may have had 200-300 fighters in Afghanistan (if worldwide), was to declare war against a nation whose people were not largely supportive of Al Qaeda's ideology and which has now turned into a war against a student revivalist movement which has never had anything resembling anti-Western or even expansionist military agendas.

but no, you are correct, I was making a joke. Obviously the war in Afghanistan has little to do with America being attacked again, save that those who want to kill Americans don't have to travel overseas now.

Lord Lucien
America may have had more luck getting to al-Quaeda by offering the Taliban a bribe for their handing them over.

inimalist
Mullah Omar, the leader of the Afghani Taliban, was a very pious individual. While I say he didn't have military aspirations against the west and might not approved of Bin Laden's, there is no reason to think he would have bent to financial incentives.

They really didn't try that though?

EDIT: think like, you and your friends are out at a bar, and one of them is acting like a total dick, and punches some guy in the face, who may have had it comimg, who knows. Either way, agree with the punch or not, whose side are you on?

Lord Lucien
The random guy's. If he didn't have it coming, I'd side with him.

Ms.Marvel
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/146816-2/Al-Qaeda_USA_Iraq.gif

discuss mmm

ArtificialGlory

discuss mmm

Poignant. Profound.

Wild Shadow
seems about right.

Lord Lucien

discuss mmm Yeah I'd go with that.

inimalist
why does he take his shirt off?

Ms.Marvel
hes american wink

"UH-MERI-KAAHHNNNSSSKKI!"

shiv
you made me lol no expression

Ms.Marvel
i try big grin

meep-meep

Because its a staged video trying to be funny. It failed though.

dadudemon

Originally posted by meep-meep
Because its a staged video trying to be funny. It failed though.

I think he's more interested in why he actually took his shirt off.

inimalist, it's because "macho-men" take their shirts off when they go to fight. It's to show off their muscles to intimidate the other person.

It never works...and it's rather stupid. But, idiots still do it.

K, it probably works on very rare occasions....not not usually, though.

Symmetric Chaos
I think he's more interested in why he actually took his shirt off.

inimalist, it's because "macho-men" take their shirts off when they go to fight. It's to show off their muscles to intimidate the other person.

It never works...and it's rather stupid. But, idiots still do it.

K, it probably works on very rare occasions....not not usually, though.

I do it to show off my watermelon sized biceps. Freaks people right the **** out, usually ends the fight because they want to know if I have arm cancer or something.

meep-meep
Actually fighting shirtless is the way to go. Shirts can be a disadvantage in a brawl. And now I'm prepared to be labeled homosexual...

But that video was staged and the kid took off his shirt to get a laugh. Dumb.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I do it to show off my watermelon sized biceps. Freaks people right the **** out, usually ends the fight because they want to know if I have arm cancer or something.

I've suspected for years now, but now I know for certain you're Gregg Valentino, the one and only. God, I love being right.

Robtard
Actually fighting shirtless is the way to go. Shirts can be a disadvantage in a brawl. And now I'm prepared to be labeled homosexual...

But that video was staged and the kid took off his shirt to get a laugh. Dumb.

You're gay.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
I've suspected for years now, but now I know for certain you're Gregg Valentino, the one and only. God, I love being right.

Nah. Greg isn't nearly as intelligent as SC is, and Greg types in All caps, with bolded letters, italics, multi-color posts.

I'm dead serious. I've exchanged a few conversations with him over on MuscularDevelopment.com.

He's actually an absurdly nice guy.

Darth Jello

But that video was staged and the kid took off his shirt to get a laugh. Dumb. Are nipple twists fair in a fight?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Are nipple twists fair in a fight?

Only if you're tossing their salad while doing it.

Robtard
Nah. Greg isn't nearly as intelligent as SC is, and Greg types in All caps, with bolded letters, italics, multi-color posts.

I'm dead serious. I've exchanged a few conversations with him over on MuscularDevelopment.com.

He's actually an absurdly nice guy.

Ah, hitting him up on a proper steroid regiment I see.

Darth Jello
Only if you're tossing their salad while doing it. Ok, i'll get a tongue tattooed on my knee then.

dadudemon
Ah, hitting him up on a proper steroid regiment I see.

A google search could net you exactly what I've talked to him about. smile

Robtard

Google search gave me: http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=3521, ie 'Gregg Valentino, Steroid Abuser', so I was correct, roid-boy.

dadudemon
Google search gave me: http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=3521, ie 'Gregg Valentino, Steroid Abuser', so I was correct, roid-boy.

Dude, wtf? Re-read what I posted. I'm talking about a refined search of the muscular development forums to see what exactly Greg and I spoke about. no expression

Robtard
Dude, wtf? Re-read what I posted. I'm talking about a refined search of the muscular development forums to see what exactly Greg and I spoke about. no expression

You said "do a google search"; that's what I did. Like I care enough to do a in-depth search on what you and a former(?) roid-freak could have possibly talked about.

jinXed by JaNx
It's a tragedy and all but really, it's not that bad of an accident. They still scored twelve bronze medals. Let's hope these soldiers aren't strung up and sent down river like the rest of the soldiers who were merely following orders. .

overlord
soldiers should accidentally pull back from foreign countries when they're not in threat to their country

dadudemon
You said "do a google search"; that's what I did. Like I care enough to do a in-depth search on what you and a former(?) roid-freak could have possibly talked about.

Capsice?

chomperx9
12 less terrorists to worry about so what. they wouldnt give an F if they killed 12 of us by accident.

Ms.Marvel
man youre racist, among other things

overlord
no he's just the joker

Ms.Marvel
the jokers funny though

AsbestosFlaygon
That's 12 less terrorists in this world,
A million more to go.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Are nipple twists fair in a fight?

Anything goes. And I mean anything...

meep-meep
Only if you're tossing their salad while doing it.

You'd need pretty long arms to do that. Or they would need a freakishly short torso...Or maybe a little bit of both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.