Should Anime/Manga Characters be Real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
A lot of people who like Anime/Manga characters wish they were real. I too think the same way but when you start thinking on what Anime/Manga characters in reality would look like, that's where the train of thought has it's break peddle stepped on. I want to ask you, do you guys think that if possible, should characters from Anime/Manga be adapted into the world of reality?

Before you start thinking about it, just look at this website and it might give you some second thoughts on the answer you're about to make:
What Anime/Manga Characters would look like in reality

For the record, the site you just looked at is only showing what could be a possibility, it's not exactly official but it does make you think.

danteiscool
hey, I was interested in what you said, but when I clicked on the link it said that the page doesn't exist on that website anymore. do you know where it might be now on the 'net?

Endless Mike
Making fictional characters become real is never a good idea. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 6 supports this.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by danteiscool
hey, I was interested in what you said, but when I clicked on the link it said that the page doesn't exist on that website anymore. do you know where it might be now on the 'net?

Sorry, didn't know about that. Here's a pic of what's shown in the site you couldn't access:

http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/reality_vs_anime.jpg

Kero_Co
lmao. All the attractive anime chicks just turned ugly as hell.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Not exaggerating, but I admit I almost vomit when I saw these comparisons

psycho gundam
rendered speechless by #25....

danteiscool
whoa crap. I wasn't expecting that. anime/manga characters are MUCH better off being fiction.

Demonic Phoenix
Who needs terrorists when you can have a character that can one-shot a planet.

Esomark
Anime is already good the way it is. The recent American live-action adaptations (DB Evolution and Speed Racer) should be proof enough that reality and anime is a shaky combination. There are some Japanese live action but from what I've seen, they aren't nearly as bad as the aforementioned two. There's a live action Hokuto no Ken but I've only seen screenshots.

Dominic EX
Well, in the picture you posted, those are just comparisions on different expressions made by real life people and anime characters.

Fiction is fiction.

TomMovies45
I do wish Goku was real. He'd be a really great hero to look up to.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Dominic EX
Well, in the picture you posted, those are just comparisions on different expressions made by real life people and anime characters.

Fiction is fiction.

Indeed.

Almost all of those girls don't look the same as the pictures...they are just making similar faces.

And, yes, I would like many anime/manga characters to be real.....but mostly ONLY the good guys.

Luke Cage
No, they would destroy the world.

Clovie
NO! one reason. Kira.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.