Sentry vs Flash (Wally)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No BFR. Fight in DC Universe. Osborn sends Sentry through a dimensional portal to capture Flash, dead or alive.

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Sentry comes back...dead

Sentry oughta be enough to do it

the ninjak
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Sentry comes back...dead

That would be an impressive feat considering he can't die laughing laughing
It's hard to say because I haven't read Sentry taking on someone at a speed level this extreme before..But he would just nuke the area around Flash and return with maybe an arm. eek!

But I see a Stalemate with flash just running in circles. And Flash can't stop Sentry/Void.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

tkitna
Sentry turns the ground underneath Flash into glue FTW.

the ninjak
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry turns the ground underneath Flash into glue FTW.

Flash is so fast he'll probably just run on the glue. Like a rock skimming across a lake.

Colossus-Big C
is sentry FTL?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
is sentry FTL? Check out his respect thread look for the one were he flies to the sun

the ninjak
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Check out his respect thread look for the one were he flies to the sun

But is that burst speed or can he manoeuvre tactically while moving at a speed that can compete with Flash? Meaning Flash can change his direction on the fly because he can actually slow down time...dodging him. But I guess Flash will have to sleep sooner or later!

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the ninjak
But is that burst speed or can he manoeuvre tactically while moving at a speed that can compete with Flash? Meaning Flash can change his direction on the fly because he can actually slow down time...dodging him. But I guess Flash will have to sleep sooner or later! yea flash doesnt accelerate does he? once he runs he is already at full speed and can turn courners with out any slowing down.

DarkOdin
But is that burst speed or can he manoeuvre tactically while moving at a speed that can compete with Flash? Meaning Flash can change his direction on the fly because he can actually slow down time...dodging him. But I guess Flash will have to sleep sooner or later! As far as i know there is nothing solid that cofirms his fighting speed. But given their are a few showings to suport it. Speedblitzing HuLk and Thor for instance and when he grabed Carnage and flew out of space as he ripped him in half he IMO he is FTL

manx422
Flash

the ninjak
Originally posted by manx422
Flash

Yeah ..........if fanboys had wishes. stick out tongue

Starscream M
Check out his respect thread look for the one were he flies to the sun didn't iron man do that too?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Starscream M
didn't iron man do that too?

Couldn't have been that fast. Sentry lately was very impressed with Extremis' speed capabilities. But he is much faster.
Plus if Tony got as close as Sentry did he would die/ the armour would melt.

DarkOdin
Couldn't have been that fast. Sentry lately was very impressed with Extremis' speed capabilities. But he is much faster.
Plus if Tony got as close as Sentry did he would die/ the armour would melt. Also if i remeber right Sentry was in mid-sentence on earth and finished he sentence after he tossed Void into the sun

-K-M-
*facepalm* Firstly we have never seen Sentry use his matter manipulation powers other then directly on Molecule Man, who is a far cry from his Secret Wars days.

Also just because you can't be killed doesn't mean you can't be knocked out as Sentry has been several times. It's far to early to say how stronger Sentry with his molecular manipulating powers as we have only seen it once, but we havn't seen him really use in battle to alter the suroundings or do much else.

Could Sentry win? Potentially, but Sentry's powerlevels are still to this day a mystery.

the ninjak
Also if i remeber right Sentry was in mid-sentence on earth and finished he sentence after he tossed Void into the sun

SPOILER!!!!!!!

Tossed Void into the Sun?
I thought he tried to commit suicide. And Void mocked him stating that they were the same guy and the Sun couldn't do squat. And that he should just let Void in to get the job done right.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
but Sentry's powerlevels are still to this day a mystery. not really a mystery

his powerlevels are damn high...bit1n terrax, taking down WWHulk after the entire marvel earth failed, taking on thor, etc

bbrem123
he was physically hurt before he figured out his powers...pain means nothing to him anymore...and he made that little werewolf in his hand to show his control of molecules

but i agree his powerset is still very unclear at this point

-K-M-
not really a mystery

his powerlevels are damn high...bit1n terrax, taking down WWHulk after the entire marvel earth failed, taking on thor, etc

Thing and Surfer have one-shotted Terrax, and he didn't take down WWHulk, and he easily got swatted away by Thor even after Sentry attacked him from behind.

the ninjak
*facepalm* Firstly we have never seen Sentry use his matter manipulation powers other then directly on Molecule Man, who is a far cry from his Secret Wars days.

Also just because you can't be killed doesn't mean you can't be knocked out as Sentry has been several times. It's far to early to say how stronger Sentry with his molecular manipulating powers as we have only seen it once, but we havn't seen him really use in battle to alter the suroundings or do much else.

Could Sentry win? Potentially, but Sentry's powerlevels are still to this day a mystery.

All this talk of MM being far weaker than his past self I believe is mute.
MM was very hesitant to kill the heroes and chose to just enslave and torture them. Sentry evolved through that torture and once MM loosened his grip Sentry without a doubt beat him at his own game. If MM wanted to he could have easily displayed his past feats but had become an agoraphobic hermit.

bbrem123
Thing and Surfer have one-shotted Terrax, and he didn't take down WWHulk, and he easily got swatted away by Thor even after Sentry attacked him from behind.

easily swatted away...it did nothing to him at all...so that is a pretty poor example

and thing and surfer didnt make terrax look like a child the way sentry did

-K-M-
All this talk of MM being far weaker than his past self I believe is mute.
MM was very hesitant to kill the heroes and chose to just enslave and torture them. Sentry evolved through that torture and once MM loosened his grip Sentry without a doubt beat him at his own game. If MM wanted to he could have easily displayed his past feats but had become an agoraphobic hermit.

Nuff said...

Originally posted by the Superbot400
Molecule Man has about 1/5 apperances that suggest that he is weaker now than he was in the annual because...

- He was beaten by a ****ing Watcher. He was stated to be unable to manipulate energy from the watcher. Mutiversal being my ass, Uatu defeated Aron.Top it up he was controlled by Pupper Master.

- After Sercet Wars II, he was beaten by Klaw despite help from Volcano. This is after he realize he could restart creation at the end. So it's pretty clear unless Molecule Man has his subconscious of himself...he isn't mutiversal being.

- In his apperance in the incredible Hulk,nothing suggests that his personality disorder other anything like a mutiversal threat.

-In Bendis Molecule Man. he is portrayed back to his more evil self...it's pretty unclear that is his regular persona or it's Molecule Man. Given Bendis's history of continuity, I doubt he would know this. We all know if it was the one that Beyonder fought, the nuke scene wouldn't have been a qusetion to the slightest form.

Nothing suggest he is as powerful as he was with his fight with Beyonder. Nothing.

Originally posted by bbrem123
easily swatted away...it did nothing to him at all...so that is a pretty poor example

and thing and surfer didnt make terrax look like a child the way sentry did

Did I say it ko'ed him? No, but Sentry attacked Thor from behind and Thor easily casted him aside.

Actually they did.

bbrem123
i didnt say he koed him either....swatting away means nothing is all that im saying

and please show me they did it as easy...cuz they did not from what i kno

-K-M-
i didnt say he koed him either....swatting away means nothing is all that im saying

and please show me they did it as easy...cuz they did not from what i kno

Thor took cheapshots from Sentry and a speedblitz, and Thor easily swatted him away and he wasn't seen again going after Thor.

I don't have the scans avaliable, but their all in their respect threads.

Starscream M
Thing and Surfer have one-shotted Terrax, and he didn't take down WWHulk, and he easily got swatted away by Thor even after Sentry attacked him from behind. he didn't take down WWHulk? Who did then?

oh, maybe hulk just decided it was nappy time.

Also, he ripped ares, a god, apart like me ripping some pulled pork. that's damn impressive.

Starscream M
Thor took cheapshots from Sentry and a speedblitz, and Thor easily swatted him away and he wasn't seen again going after Thor.
him getting swatted away by thor doesn't indicate anything, really.

he kinda just didn't expect it from thor...he underestimated thor.

-K-M-
he didn't take down WWHulk? Who did then?

Also, he ripped ares, a god, apart like me ripping some pulled pork. that's damn impressive.

Iron Man with his satellite in space shot a lazer and hit Hulk.

Ares isn't that impressive actually.

him getting swatted away by thor doesn't indicate anything, really.

he kinda just didn't expect it from thor...he underestimated thor.

AFter Sentry attacked him from behind and speedblitzed, yet Thor was more annoyed then affected.

Starscream M

Ares isn't that impressive actually. never said he was. but he still has godly constitution and isn't some average joe shmoe. What sentry did to him WAS impressive.

bbrem123

I don't have the scans avaliable, but their all in their respect threads.

he was obviously fine cuz he massacred ares right after it...he wasnt there because thor got punched out by osborne right after that

and they had to exert themselves to take him out while sentry seemed bored with terrax's threat...from what i have seen

-K-M-
never said he was. but he still has godly constitution and isn't some average joe shmoe. What sentry did to him WAS impressive.

Often times his durability is awful, as in in Ares mini written by Oeming he was seriously injuired by machine gun bullets.

Starscream M

AFter Sentry attacked him from behind and speedblitzed, yet Thor was more annoyed then affected. of course thor wasn't affected...all sentry did was remove him from the battlefield...I don't even remember sentry throwing a punch.

the thor sentry encounter is neither a good or a poor showing for sentry.

DarkOdin
SPOILER!!!!!!!

Tossed Void into the Sun?
I thought he tried to commit suicide. And Void mocked him stating that they were the same guy and the Sun couldn't do squat. And that he should just let Void in to get the job done right. 1 I don't think we use spoiler here in the VS thread
2 it was over a year ago this happened
3 i will have to check the scans in the respect thread it has been 2 danm long

the ninjak
he didn't take down WWHulk? Who did then?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Sentry pushed WWH to near limits...and in the end Sentry thanked him for the powerplay and Hulk finally realised that it was one of his
warbound that set that fateful bomb.
That's when Tony Stark ran past and tagged him....targeting a powerful satelite that punched Hulk into the earth changing the guilt ridden Hulk back into Banner

bbrem123
sentry has gone to the sun many times...and each time the dialogue shows it is faster then light

-K-M-
he was obviously fine cuz he massacred ares right after it...he wasnt there because thor got punched out by osborne right after that

and they had to exert themselves to take him out while sentry seemed bored with terrax's threat...from what i have seen

*facepalm* Missed the point

Errrr? What reference you talking about as I have seen SS take him out with a single blast?

Starscream M
*facepalm* Missed the point

Errrr? What reference you talking about as I have seen SS take him out with a single blast? I think his point was that Sentry wasn't out of the picture because Thor knocked him so far.

sentry did his job, disorient thor and remove him from the field. which allowed osborn and his cronies to attack thor. fact is, sentry could've prob finished off thor (his hits would be more powerful and faster than the osborn team combined).

-K-M-
I think his point was that Sentry wasn't out of the picture because Thor knocked him so far.

sentry did his job, disorient thor and remove him from the field. which allowed osborn and his cronies to attack thor. fact is, sentry could've prob finished off thor (his hits would be more powerful and faster than the osborn team combined).

Once again missed the point.

Could Sentry defeat Thor? Maybe? but as I said we DON'T KNOW HIS POWER LEVEL.

Starscream M
Once again missed the point.

Could Sentry defeat Thor? Maybe? but as I said we DON'T KNOW HIS POWER LEVEL. ok, we don't know his exact power level...but to me its clear his powerlevel is herald class or higher (most likely higher).

does it fluctuate? yes. does he have low showings? yes.

but thats true of all characters. Sentry seems to be pretty high level herald to me.

-K-M-
ok, we don't know his exact power level...but to me its clear his powerlevel is herald class or higher (most likely higher).

does it fluctuate? yes. does he have low showings? yes.

but thats true of all characters. Sentry seems to be pretty high level herald to me.

I agree I do think he is herlad level, but we still don't know exactally where he stands and that's the point.

Starscream M
I agree I do think he is herlad level, but we still don't know exactally where he stands and that's the point. agreed

I think Marvel created him as a Superman type character (they're very similar) on marvel earth

the ninjak
Now back to the Flash.....

"Id"
Now back to the Flash.....
He gets ripped in half.

the ninjak
Originally posted by "Id"
He gets ripped in half.

eek! I'd buy that comic.

Though we still haven't confirmed if Sentry is as manoeuvrable as Flash while moving at those speeds. Some scans would solidify this fight.
We know he has burst speed that can reach speed of light, but can he finely dodge and focus while at that speed?

Cartesian Doubt
Also if i remeber right Sentry was in mid-sentence on earth and finished he sentence after he tossed Void into the sun

I can I just re-iterate something that I have mentioned about a BILLION times now. U cannot prove something with a contradiction. Any half witt A-Level philosopher can tell u that.

Speaking in space is impossible in the real world, so speculating about how it works in a comicbook universe is meaningless. U can't use the well its a comic book so sounds does work in space, arguments and then apply the real world speed of sound, later on to warrant your proposition. IT just doesn't work like that. This is what is reffered to as having your cake and eating it.
Its like saying; in quantum mechanics there seem to be scenarios where the rules of standard logic are violated, therefore there must be square triangles. It doesn't work like that, your conclusion doesn't follow from your propositions, and its consequently invalid.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
I can I just re-iterate something that I have mentioned about a BILLION times now. U cannot prove something with a contradiction. Any half witt A-Level philosopher can tell u that.

Speaking in space is impossible in the real world, so speculating about how it works in a comicbook universe is meaningless. U can't use the well its a comic book so sounds does work in space, arguments and then apply the real world speed of sound, later on to warrant your proposition. IT just doesn't work like that. This is what is reffered to as having your cake and eating it.
Its like saying; in quantum mechanics there seem to be scenarios where the rules of standard logic are violated, therefore there must be square triangles. It doesn't work like that, your conclusion doesn't follow from your propositions, and its consequently invalid. WTF are you talking about this has nothing to do with the sound of speed.

If takes how long to say a sentence 10-15 sec. if that.

Even if it took the sentry a 1 min to say that sentence He travel to the sun in that time even if it took 5 mins that is still FTL

FYI it takes light 8 mins to reach the earth from the sun so unless Sentry took 8 mins to speak he went FTL

h1a8
WTF are you talking about this has nothing to do with the sound of speed.

Even if it took the sentry a 1 min to say that sentence He travel to the sun in that time even if it took 5 mins that is still FTL

FYI it takes light 8 mins to reach the earth from the sun so unless Sentry took 8 mins to speak he went FTL

What people don't understand is speed is not important but rather both acceleration and reflexes are important instead.

Anyone that can fly can achieve any speed as long as they have the time to accelerate to that speed. That means a lowly character can achieve a billions times faster than light provided they accelerate to that speed under the sufficient time.

The true question is 'what speed and reflex ability can someone achieve in BATTLE DISTANCE'. For example, at one time I precisely calculated Silver Surfer's speed at the end of the first 3 meters of travel by assuming he had a constant acceleration (pushing forward with a constant force), and it was no where near light speed.

Sentry has superhuman speed and reflexes and can achieve any speed (provided he uses enough time to achieve that speed) but it is fair to say that within the first microsecond (or even nanosecond) he can't achieve anywhere the speed nor have anywhere the reflexes that flash can, especially in battle.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by h1a8
What people don't understand is speed is not important but rather both acceleration and reflexes are important instead.

Anyone that can fly can achieve any speed as long as they have the time to accelerate to that speed. That means a lowly character can achieve a billions times faster than light provided they accelerate to that speed under the sufficient time.

The true question is 'what speed and reflex ability can someone achieve in BATTLE DISTANCE'. For example, at one time I precisely calculated Silver Surfer's speed at the end of the first 3 meters of travel by assuming he had a constant acceleration (pushing forward with a constant force), and it was no where near light speed.

Sentry has superhuman speed and reflexes and can achieve any speed (provided he uses enough time to achieve that speed) but it is fair to say that within the first microsecond (or even nanosecond) he can't achieve anywhere the speed nor have anywhere the reflexes that flash can, especially in battle.

Which is why i stated that it was FTL travel speed and that we had no shwoing that 100% proves he is moving FTL in combat but that IMO he was is close and it is in his power set but some people just jump in on a post without looking at the pages before or just want to comment for whatever reason "this is not directed at you"

Warlord
Sentry

quanchi112
not really a mystery

his powerlevels are damn high...bit1n terrax, taking down WWHulk after the entire marvel earth failed, taking on thor, etc I agree. his power levels are off the charts and the writer has had multiple characters state they don't know his upper limits. Also, just because Sentry only rearranged one character's molecules it's just foolish to expect to see this tactic again and again.

For instance look at the number of times Thor has faced a threat and the number of times he has used the godblast. Comics become boring if they bring out their best every fight.

bbrem123

i kno he is not as fast flash combat speed wise but he has been seen to move quite fast...in the comic when punisher tried to assassinate osborne and also when to void tried to shoot somebody at point blank range.

so it not like he doesnt have fast limb speed

Truthslayerxx
Any of the Flashes would spank Sentry

Sentry has never gone light speed once in his pathetic career

Wally either steals his speed or leaves him a weeping mess trapped in the speed force

the ninjak
Originally posted by Truthslayerxx

Wally either steals his speed or leaves him a weeping mess trapped in the speed force

Wrong wrong wrong.
And how pray tell would Flash actually keep Sentry down?
Please read at least read the last few posts before you rant like a teenager with A.D.D drinking to much Red Bull!!!!!!

JakeTheBank
I'd pay to see Jay Garrick WTFPWN Sentry, as extremely unlikely as that is. He'd probably scold him and monologue about being a proper hero and all jazz.

Truthslayerxx
Wrong wrong wrong.
And how pray tell would Flash actually keep Sentry down?
Please read at least read the last few posts before you rant like a teenager with A.D.D drinking to much Red Bull!!!!!! Simple, he takes his fist and bangs him in the face

Sentry can't take a hit, Sentry cant go light speed

Whats to stop Wally from stealing all of his speed or leaving him crying in the speed force?

Nothing
Face it, Sentry is nothing

h1a8
i kno he is not as fast flash combat speed wise but he has been seen to move quite fast...in the comic when punisher tried to assassinate osborne and also when to void tried to shoot somebody at point blank range.

so it not like he doesnt have fast limb speed

In my post I explicitly stated that Sentry has superhuman speed and reflexes (as I've seen his feats). My argument was that flash's acceleration and reflexes are far far beyond Sentry's. In the first nanosecond or two flash would have achieved light speed where Sentry probably 1-7mph (which is still insanely fast).

Truthslayerxx
So because Sentry caught Punishers sniper shot, hes suppose to keep up with the Flash?

Jeez this site is full of retards

Flash can end this fight in a freaking picosecond, there isnt anything Sentry can do

JakeTheBank
So because Sentry caught Punishers sniper shot, hes suppose to keep up with the Flash?

Jeez this site is full of retards

Flash can end this fight in a freaking picosecond, there isnt anything Sentry can do

I don't think that Sentry has the speed fights to put him on equal footing with the Flash myself. But calling members retards is a good way to get warned or banned, dude.

Truthslayerxx
Pfft, I can come back to this site anytime I want

But why would I? This site and Comixtreme have complete morons for members

The only site with any people that actually know dick about comics is comicvine

JakeTheBank

Why bother coming here then if you don't mind my asking?

Omega Vision

Ahah. I know that bullshit. You're that sock that keeps coming back here to say how much better comic vine is. Seriously quit the Stalker obsession with KMC.

Truthslayerxx
Because its fun to mess with the retards

I don;t think everyone on this site is a moron though, just 99% of the populus here

the 1% should just go to comicvine, this place is a lost cause

Truthslayerxx
1% save your souls and come to the Vine, this place is a lost c ause

JakeTheBank
Because its fun to mess with the retards

I don;t think everyone on this site is a moron though, just 99% of the populus here

the 1% should just go to comicvine, this place is a lost cause

So you come here to troll then? erm

If that's your prerogative, I guess...

Truthslayerxx
I am saving those who deserve to be saved

Omega Vision
I am saving those who deserve to be saved
I love how quickly you gave up the "this is my first account" jive. You're a terrible actor.

Batman-Prime
I don't think Sentry has the showings needed to take an CIS, PIS free Flash. Still I'm not sure the Flash could take out current Sentry.
I have to see how vulnerable to physical attacks Sentry is to make a fair decision. For that I need to see the end of Siege big grin.

Enyalus
In my post I explicitly stated that Sentry has superhuman speed and reflexes (as I've seen his feats). My argument was that flash's acceleration and reflexes are far far beyond Sentry's. In the first nanosecond or two flash would have achieved light speed where Sentry probably 1-7mph (which is still insanely fast).
That really can't be true. He's caught bullets before that weren't even fired at him (ala Punisher targetting Osborn). He did so from a dead stop to accelerating over to Osborn's position and plucking the bullet from mid-air. That's vastly faster than 7 mph in the first microsecond or what have you.

celeyhyga17
gotta go with Sentry..wut can Flash really do to THE VOID!!!!!???

bbrem123
Originally posted by Enyalus
That really can't be true. He's caught bullets before that weren't even fired at him (ala Punisher targetting Osborn). He did so from a dead stop to accelerating over to Osborn's position and plucking the bullet from mid-air. That's vastly faster than 7 mph in the first microsecond or what have you.

that and he was instantly infront of punisher who was quite a distance away.

But he really doesnt even need to use his speed...he can just nuke the place

h1a8

I was just guessing man. But

I said nanosecond which is a huge difference.

A bullet from an automatic handgun like what was shown usually travels 200m/s.

Sentry traveled 3meters to stop the bullet and the bullet traveled 6inches (.1524m) before he caught it.

So it took the bullet t = d/r or t=.1524/200 = .000762 seconds to travel.

That means it took Sentry .000762 seconds to cover 3 meters.
His acceleration is a = 2*d/t^2 (from d = 1/2*a*t^2) = 10,333,354m/s^2

That means in after the first microsecond (.000001s) he will reach
10.33m/s (from v=a*t) or 23.12mph

and in the first nanosecond he could reach
.02312mph

which is actually UNDER my initial guess.

Enyalus

Harbinger
Eny's brain cells just melted.

psycho gundam
the distance of the bullet was wrong and so was the bullet's velocity.

h1a8
Actually I used the Void bullet feet instead since it was unknown when Sentry started to move after the bullet fired and how far he started away.

psycho gundam
get it right

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Eny's brain cells just melted.
I can never call into question h1's "calculations" again. That's what this means. Bullet velocity of a typical handgun (9mm, .38, whatever) is around 250-300 m/s, but still.

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
get it right

I did get it right. I just forgot to mentioned that since it's impossible to tell from the Osbourn/Punisher feat then therefore we should use the Void handgun feat. So my calculations was from the Void feat only.

Philosophía
Wally one-shots him back to Osborn.

Perhaps stealing his speed would work but I doubt it. IMP will never put him down for good, but might give him a temporary advantage victory that counts in an arena situation, although he's been recovering faster and faster every time. He hasn't shown any area attacks yet, but it should be well within his powers.

By the way, even if MM has been somewhat watered down since his fight with the beyonder he is still well above most of the people being pinned against the Sentry in this forum, including flash. A priori this doesn't prove he can beat the flash who has different powers, but the gap between flash and MM is big enough for it to be taken into consideration.

SamZED
What do you mean by area attack? As is that covers a big area? Didn't Sentry create a mini-nuke when MM first took him apart?

Warlord
the nuke wasn't really sentry's creation...it came from the planes

Originally posted by SamZED
What do you mean by area attack? As is that covers a big area? Didn't Sentry create a mini-nuke when MM first took him apart?

Yes, attacks that cover the entire battlefield, like nuking the area. To me it's obvious he can **** everything up and planet bust. But some people are too precious about extending feats to their logical conclusions.

quanchi112

Wally either steals his speed or leaves him a weeping mess trapped in the speed force You obviously never read a comic with the Sentry in it have you?

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
You obviously never read a comic with the Sentry in it have you?

Such fallacious reasoning.

First of all, it would either take someone to be lucky to have came across a Sentry comic where he exceeded light or it would take someone who read every appearance.

Just because someone don't know if he exceeded light speed doesn't mean they didn't read a Sentry comic.

They could have read more than 5 of them since the majority of his appearances don't have him exceeding light speed.

So enough with the stupidity.

Enyalus

First of all, it would either take someone to be lucky to have came across a Sentry comic where he exceeded light or it would take someone who read every appearance.

Just because someone don't know if he exceeded light speed doesn't mean they didn't read a Sentry comic.

They could have read more than 5 of them since the majority of his appearances don't have him exceeding light speed.

So enough with the stupidity.
The real stupidity was in making a definitive statement such as 'Sentry has never gone light speed once in his pathetic career' without having read all of Sentry's appearances to verify the assertion....or, hell, looking in his respect thread at least.

quanchi112

So enough with the stupidity. No, it wouldn't. You don't read the comics and then make ridiculous claims. Most people on here don't read them all but with you it seems like you say things which are usually always completely incorrect..

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, it wouldn't. You don't read the comics and then make ridiculous claims. Most people on here don't read them all but with you it seems like you say things which are usually always completely incorrect..

You were completely wrong in implying that reading 1 Sentry comic would tell you that he can exceed light.

h1a8
The real stupidity was in making a definitive statement such as 'Sentry has never gone light speed once in his pathetic career' without having read all of Sentry's appearances to verify the assertion....or, hell, looking in his respect thread at least.

It's not stupidity in believing a non truth. Stupidity occurs when one has all the facts and still uses bad reasoning.

For example, I say that I can fly through the air like Superman. You say I can't. But if I could really could (when you don't really know) then you wouldn't have made a stupid remark.

Lastly, the member just registered today, so he knows nothing of a respect thread or what it is about.

Starscream M

Lastly, the member just registered today, so he knows nothing of a respect thread or what it is about. not necessarily, he could've been a lurker for a long time

Enyalus
h1, he was a sock and a troll, which is why he was banned. He was just trying to start trouble, and clearly didn't know what he was talking about.

If you're going to make a definitive statement, make sure you know what you're talking about. That's the lesson here.

the ninjak
It's not stupidity in believing a non truth. Stupidity occurs when one has all the facts and still uses bad reasoning.

For example, I say that I can fly through the air like Superman. You say I can't. But if I could really could (when you don't really know) then you wouldn't have made a stupid remark.

Lastly, the member just registered today, so he knows nothing of a respect thread or what it is about.

The kid joined to troll he's probably CallmeCommando or one of his many incarnations.....don't defend the kid he is scum! check out his history to read his rants that got him restricted

quanchi112
The kid joined to troll he's probably CallmeCommando or one of his many incarnations.....don't defend the kid he is scum! check out his history to read his rants that got him restricted Who?

Cartesian Doubt
WTF are you talking about this has nothing to do with the sound of speed.

The point is HE shouldn't have been able to finish his sentence cos he was in space .... so his method of talking is non standard, so prescribing standard speed-times to it, is WRONG !!!!!!!!!

Its like prescribing euclidean geometry to Square triangles !

DarkOdin
The point is HE shouldn't have been able to finish his sentence cos he was in space .... so his method of talking is non standard, so prescribing standard speed-times to it, is WRONG !!!!!!!!!

Its like prescribing euclidean geometry to Square triangles ! Not even close buddy your logic is just plain wrong. It is common practice in comics and canon For certain character to talk in space. Unless you got some feat to back you up showing a talking in space in comics some how is different then talk on earth which there is a million of feats to show it is normal you got jack. the distance from earth to the sun is the same in the marvel universe as it is the "real world"

If you think i am wrong bring a MOD in talking in space and on earth doesn't matter. Were are not talking about sound traveling in the real world it is the comics

the ninjak

Its like prescribing euclidean geometry to Square triangles !

So What!! Then he was just talking to himself/Void.

DarkOdin
So What!! Then he was just talking to himself/Void. laughing Great ownage The guy just trolling

Cartesian Doubt
I will now use your argument to show whats wrong with your logic

Proposition 1.) It takes eight for 8 min's for light to travel to the sun.

Proposition 2.) It about 10 seconds (estimated) to communicate a sentence similar to the one made by Sentry, in our WORLD.

Proposition 3.) Sentry traveled to the sun in the time it took to communicate the sentence.

Conclusion) In conjunction of 1,2,3, Sentry traveled to the sun quicker than the speed of light.

However for the argument to be valid, the conclusion must be true when all the premises are true. However premise 2.) is based on a false assumption. Its based on OUR worlds concept of communication. However this would be false in our world , as he wouldn't be able to communicate the sentence as sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. Therefore Sentry must be using a non standrad form of communication. This doesn't mean he's using telepathy or anything exotic like that, he could be using sound waves. But these sound waves necessarily must travel in a vacuum, in the marvel universe. But you can't say anything about this non standard form of communication, as you have never experienced yourself. So prescribing, standard speed times to it is false.

Now you could could say that the author was ignoring this logic when he depicted the scenario, however for your argument to still be valid, the author would have intentionally wanted to use the scenario to illustrate Sentrys speed. I disagree that the author had this inetntion, I doubt, who ever wrote it, even considred it. So your propistion falls back on the originally Invalid argument. If there is no author intention, then u have to use standard logic to prove your prosition, and your argument doesn't live upto these standards.

DarkOdin
I will now use your argument to show whats wrong with your logic

Proposition 1.) It takes eight for 8 min's for light to travel to the sun.

Proposition 2.) It about 10 seconds (estimated) to communicate a sentence similar to the one made by Sentry, in our WORLD.

Proposition 3.) Sentry traveled to the sun in the time it took to communicate the sentence.

Conclusion) In conjunction of 1,2,3, Sentry traveled to the sun quicker than the speed of light.

However for the argument to be valid, the conclusion must be true when all the premises are true. However premise 2.) is based on a false assumption. Its based on OUR worlds concept of communication. However this would be false in our world any way, cos he wouldn't be able to communicate the sentence in our world cos sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. Therefore Sentry must be using a non standrad form of communication. This doesn't mean he's using telepathy or anything, he could be using sound waves, but they travel in a vacuum, in the marvel universe. But you can't say anything about this non standard form of communication, as you have never experienced itself. So prescribing, standard speed times to it is false. confused There is 40 plus years of comics that say you have no clue what you are talking about

the ninjak
Proposition 1: well that makes him bloody fast doesn't it.
Proposition 2: yes, it was a sentence.
Proposition 3: Yes he did.

The whole vacuum of space thing doesn't matter due to the fact that Sentry doesn't have to breath anymore. Heck he could have made those speech bubbles out of manipulated light.

Cartesian Doubt
Not even close buddy your logic is just plain wrong. It is common practice in comics and canon For certain character to talk in space. Unless you got some feat to back you up showing a talking in space in comics some how is different then talk on earth which there is a million of feats to show it is normal you got jack. the distance from earth to the sun is the same in the marvel universe as it is the "real world"

If you think i am wrong bring a MOD in talking in space and on earth doesn't matter. Were are not talking about sound traveling in the real world it is the comics

No its common place for fans to use faulty Logic to try and sex up power levels. But as I have just mentioned, the only way this argument carries any weight is if the writers intended to indirectly demonstrate that the character was travelling F.T.L..If there is no writer intention (And I doubt there is), your argument has to uphold to the standards of P.L. Logic. And they don't.

The writer hasn't gone out and made Sentry/Superman/Thor or whoever look faster than light, by using the speed of communication to demonstrate the speed traveled. They just want the character to get to whatever place they needed to go to, and they want to make it interesting with a bit of dialogue.

When Bendis (Or whoever is writing the comic) they don't do the following; "Oh well it takes three seconds to say "RETARD", and it takes 8 mins to go to the sun; so ill have Sentry flying to the sun in the time it takes to say "RETARD", to demonstrate he can fly faster than light".

In reality they want SEnntry to go to the sun, and they want to make the page look more interesting with a piece of dialogue.

By applying all this quantitative crap to the scenario, you are just reading into things that aren't there! And I have shown what is wrong with the "Quantitative crap" u are applying, so please stop doing it!

Cartesian Doubt
confused There is 40 plus years of comics that say you have no clue what you are talking about

No there is about 7 years worth of this retarded forum, applying false logic to this and similar scenario that makes you think your credulous belief is right. Its not !!!!!!!!

DarkOdin
No its common place for fans to use faulty Logic to try and sex up power levels. But as I have just mentioned, the only way this argument carries any weight is if the writers intended to indirectly demonstrate that the character was travelling F.T.L..If there is no writer intention (And I doubt there is), your argument has to uphold to the standards of P.L. Logic. And they don't.

The writer hasn't gone out and made Sentry/Superman/Thor or whoever look faster than light, by using the speed of communication to demonstrate the speed traveled. They just want the character to get to whatever place they needed to go to, and they want to make it interesting with a bit of dialogue.

When Bendis (Or whoever is writing the comic) they don't do the following; "Oh well it takes three seconds to say "RETARD", and it takes 8 mins to go to the sun; so ill have Sentry flying to the sun in the time it takes to say "RETARD", to demonstrate he can fly faster than light".

In reality they want SEnntry to go to the sun, and they want to make the page look more interesting with a piece of dialogue.

SO you are using real world logic/facts to prove Sentry didn't talk in a normal manner
but when someone uses real world logic/facts. to prove something they are wrong laughing

Unless you have proof he was talking diffently you got jacl like i said bring a MOD in to back you up

By applying all this quantitative crap to the scenario, you are just reading into things that aren't there! And I have shown what is wrong with the "Quantitative crap" u are applying, so please stop doing it!

the ninjak
I love sexing up power levels.
Who knows what happens between panels.
For arguments sakes.
It's possible he destroyed his particles and shot them in front of the Sun. Effectively teleporting there Star Trek style. Regardless he did it it and now it's canon.

Cartesian Doubt
Heck he could have made those speech bubbles out of manipulated light.
Exactly, Now you're getting it !!! We don't know how he was communicating. We don't know how he was communicating let alone the speed the communication took place in, so applying real world speed times to scenario is wrong.

Even if we use this proposition, it no longer shows that Sentry was traveling faster than light.

What we cannot speak of, we should be silent. Ludwig Wittgenstein (using Kantian logicl).

Cartesian Doubt
I love sexing up power levels.
Who knows what happens between panels.
For arguments sakes.
It's possible he destroyed his particles and shot them in front of the Sun. Effectively teleporting there Star Trek style. Regardless he did it it and now it's canon.

But there is NO way of discerning he did it faster than light, cos the main proposition is based on a fallacy. The stop watch in these circumstances is faulty, because its a real world stopwatch, that cannot be applied to Marvel.

Cartesian Doubt
"SO you are using real world logic/facts to prove Sentry didn't talk in a normal manner
but when someone uses real world logic/facts. to prove something they are wrong laughing

Unless you have proof he was talking diffently you got jacl like i said bring a MOD in to back you up

By applying all this quantitative crap to the scenario, you are just reading into things that aren't there! And I have shown what is wrong with the "Quantitative crap" u are applying, so please stop doing it! "

No u are using real world facts to propose he moved faster than light. And I'm saying you can't do that, by the standards of deductive Logic that apply to everything. Logic and facts about the world aren't the same thing. Do u not know anything about the distinction between Inductive and deductive logic ? One take precedence over the other. Deductive is all encompassing, inductive can only be applied to OUR world. U are applying indeductive logic to a possible world. A school boy error by any half witts standards.

the ninjak
But there is NO way of discerning he did it faster than light, cos the main proposition is based on a fallacy. The stop watch in these circumstances is faulty, because its a real world stopwatch, that cannot be applied to Marvel.

Man you type fast.

Which is why I added the Star Trek teleportation science possibility.
How fast can the Enterprise go? No doubt faster than light. But the ship needs Inertial Dampeners + Shields to protect the ship for random asteroids and debris. Sentry has the power of a hundred exploding suns to propel him + matter manipulation! If any of that debris was to threaten him he can just exist as unstable molecules and be left unharmed. Which is also why I added teleportation. He could move at extreme speeds and send those molecules ahead of himself if he keeps focusing on the Sun.....all while saying a sentence.
Man I'm rambling. smile

Cartesian Doubt
Man you type fast.

Which is why I added the Star Trek teleportation science possibility.
How fast can the Enterprise go? No doubt faster than light. But the ship needs Inertial Dampeners + Shields to protect the ship for random asteroids and debris. Sentry has the power of a hundred exploding suns to propel him + matter manipulation! If any of that debris was to threaten him he can just exist as unstable molecules and be left unharmed. Which is also why I added teleportation. He could move at extreme speeds and send those molecules ahead of himself if he keeps focusing on the Sun.....all while saying a sentence.
Man I'm rambling. smile

And it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You are trying to use these hypothetical scenarios to back up the faulty stop watch claim, but none of them show why the faulty stop watch, isn't faulty, in fact non of them even make reference to the faulty stop watch.

The faulty stop watch being, how the speed it takes us to communicate in our world.

The point of my argument is demonstrate why this faulty stop watch cannot be applied ! Showing how Sentry could possibly make it to the sun, faster than light doesn't, show why we should believe he could move faster than light in the first place. The only argument that supports this claim, is the faulty stopwatch presupposition. Which by the standards of logic should be rejected.

DarkOdin
And it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You are trying to use these hypothetical scenarios to back up the faulty stop watch claim, but none of them show why the faulty stop watch, isn't faulty, in fact non of them even make reference to the faulty stop watch.

The faulty stop watch being, how the speed it takes us to communicate in our world.

The point of my argument is demonstrate why this faulty stop watch cannot be applied ! Showing how Sentry could possibly make it to the sun, faster than light doesn't, show why we should believe he could move faster than light in the first place. The only argument that supports this claim, is the faulty stopwatch presupposition. Which by the standards of logic should be rejected. laughing COme on pick a MOD i will bring them in unless there is some narration or other hint that Sentry was talking out of the norm the feat stands. Hulk talks in space Thor Sliver surfer, Superman Wonderwomen etc there is nothing to support that Sentry talking of speach is any different many of the basic "real world" fondamentals carry over to comics some don't talking in space in not learn to live with it

the ninjak
Jeez son
I don't know what a Faulty Stop Watch is.
All I can do is give you a bunch of creative scenarios as to how he can actually get to the Sun without speed. Or with speed. Or even how he can speak in space.
I used particle teleportation, light manipulation. Everything I have written is precisely what we are talking about!

Cartesian Doubt
laughing COme on pick a MOD i will bring them in unless there is some narration or other hint that Sentry was talking out of the norm the feat stands. Hulk talks in space Thor Sliver surfer, Superman Wonderwomen etc there is nothing to support that Sentry talking of speach is any different many of the basic "real world" fondamentals carry over to comics some don't talking in space in not learn to live with it

The mods are wrong though ... all have been adopting this fallacy since the forum existed. Juts because credulity is popular doesn't make it right. Did u know that most people used to believe the world was flat ?

the ninjak
You remind me of Hunter S Thompson on a bender.

Cartesian Doubt
Jeez son
I don't know what a Faulty Stop Watch is.
All I can do is give you a bunch of creative scenarios as to how he can actually get to the Sun without speed. Or with speed. Or even how he can speak in space.
I used particle teleportation, light manipulation. Everything I have written is precisely what we are talking about!

I've explained what the faulty stop watch is twice.

Here I go again. Its an analogy. People use stop watches to measure time. In this circumstance the time it takes for people to communicate in the real world is representing the stop watch being used. Its a faulty stop watch, because it uses the time it takes to communicate in the real world, and applies it to the Marvel world. This is wrong, for two reasons. One its not OUR world. 2.) They necessarily use a different form of communication, because it disobeys the rules of our world. 3.) There is no way of knowing how communication works in the marvel world, because we don't have access to it.

But your argument uses the way communication works in our world to support how fast Sentry can move in the marvel world. So its acting as a stop watch, but its not an accurate stop watch, so its faulty.

To use another analogy. Imagine if the English had a stop watch that measured time using a different method i.e. it it counts 100 seconds in a minute. OK if we used this stop watch to measure how fast Ussain Bolt can the run the 100 meters, it would take nearly twice as long (by this stopwatches standards). (There are nearly two english seconds to every standard second) If a third party came along who didn't know that the stop watches were different, they would FALSELY conclude that Ussain Bolt was traveling a lot quicker the first time. This however is wrong.

This is analogous to what u and everyone else has been doing on here . You don't know how the stop watch (The time it takes to communicate in space in the Marvel world) works in the Marvel universe. You are just using OUR version, which gives u a false conclusion (Like the false conclusion in the scenario I just made).

DarkOdin
The mods are wrong though ... all have been adopting this fallacy since the forum existed. Juts because credulity is popular doesn't make it right. Did u know that most people used to believe the world was flat ? So 40 years of comics and Rule set for debating are wrong b/c you say someone can't talk in space o wait but you said before let see

"by the standards of deductive Logic that apply to everything. "

And where did you get these standards of deductive logic let me think The real world

But wait you said

"Logic and facts about the world aren't the same thing."

They you say this work of art

"The point is HE shouldn't have been able to finish his sentence cos he was in space .... so his method of talking is non standard, so prescribing standard speed-times to it, is WRONG !!!!!!!!! "

Know this is base on the real world but again you say

"Logic and facts about the world aren't the same thing."

In comics Reed and others have stated what the speed of light is and it is the same as our real world

In comics world time is based on idea as the real world along with speech .

In comics character have been talking in space for 40 years

AMy point is surpported all in the comics and you appling your BS logic to us but you don't even follow it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the ninjak
Cartesian I'm not going to quote you but who gives a crap about how long it take to say a sentence in our world compared to how long it takes in the Marvel Universe!!!!!
If this has been your argument the whole time then consider it mute.
Lets move on please.
Can someone back me up.

-Pr-
What is the actual problem here?

and how are the mods "wrong" too?

The conclusion feels solid to me, even without any reference to physical facts of the real world: Marvel sun is 8 light minutes away from marvel earth; speed of light in marvel universe is 300.000 km/s; it is reasonable to assume he speaks at a normal pace compared to other marvel characters and, based on the overall history of marvel comics regardless of the speed people speak in the real world, it is reasonable to assume they take a few seconds to say a phrase like that. Unless you can show that he took more than 8 minutes to utter his sentence you can't invalidate the assumption.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by -Pr-
What is the actual problem here?

and how are the mods "wrong" too?

Basiclly

We base Sentry to have a FTL speed feat when he was in mid sentence and flied to the sun.

We gets this because the Speed of light it take 8 mins and 20 secs for light to get to the sun ands snetry did it while saying 1 sentence.

Someone is stating that we can't use this as a feat because it is base on the "real world" and Sentry "must of not been talking noramlly b/c he is space.

the ninjak
Plus apparently the time it takes to say a sentence in our world is different to how it will take in the MU laughing laughing laughing

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by 753
The conclusion feels solid to me, even without any reference to physical facts of the real world: Marvel sun is 8 light minutes away from marvel earth; speed of light in marvel universe is 300.000 km/s; it is reasonable to assume he speaks at a normal pace compared to other marvel characters and, based on the overall history of marvel comics regardless of the speed people speak in the real world, it is reasonable to assume they take a few seconds to say a phrase like that. Unless you can show that he took more than 8 minutes to utter his sentence you can't invalidate the assumption.

This is all based on assumptions that are wrong ... And that's what my point is !!!!!!!!!!

The assumptions are based on real world rules that cannot apply to Marvel !!!!!!!!!

-Pr-
Basiclly

We base Sentry to have a FTL speed feat when he was in mid sentence and flied to the sun.

We gets this because the Speed of light it take 8 mins and 20 secs for light to get to the sun ands snetry did it while saying 1 sentence.

Someone is stating that we can't use this as a feat because it is base on the "real world" and Sentry "must of not been talking noramlly b/c he is space.

can someone post the feat, please?

This is all based on assumptions that are wrong ... And that's what my point is !!!!!!!!!!

The assumptions are based on real world rules that cannot apply to Marvel !!!!!!!!!

But the speed of light and the distance between earth and the sun in marvel universe have been stated on panel. They happen to coincide with the real world.

Cartesian Doubt
Plus apparently the time it takes to say a sentence in our world is different to how it will take in the MU laughing laughing laughing

And yet they can talk in space ... So yes its very DIFFERENT.

This is my point, your assumptions are wrong, by the standards of deductive Logic that apply to all possible worlds. If you say they don't then u might as well stop arguing or stop living cos it applies to everything.

And FOR the millionth time Dark Odin i don't mean "real world logic" that is what you call inductive logic. Please don't make me re-iterate this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_reasoning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_reasoning

the ninjak
I'm Holding the comic in front of me right now!
And sorry to burst everyones bubble but the there are actually 4 sentences that exist between Void and Sentry. And it's all mental....
NO VOCAL CONVERSATION!!!!!!

This changes everything!
I also timed how long it would take to say said sentences and it took up to 30 secs!!! From Earth to Sun.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by 753
But the speed of light and the distance between earth and the sun in marvel universe have been stated on panel. They happen to coincide with the real world.

the speed of communication IN SPACE hasn't !!!!!!!!!

And u can't assume its the same as it would be in the real world, becasue speech in space doesn't happen !!!!!!!

At least someone is asking the right questions now, instead of avoiding the issue with weird interpretations of how he could move F.T.L.. Or just superficially repeating the same thing over and over again, with the occasional reference to "real world logic" not applying. When if he actually understood what I was trying to convey, he would understand in that this was my point in the first place, and therefore undermines his own.

I'm not arguing that Sentry cannot move faster than the speed of Light, I'm stating that the way of reasoning this conclusion, with this scenario and parallel examples is FALSE.

SamZED
Sentry cought a bullet that was fired at some guy at pointblank range and Bob was standing at a distance, that should count as a combat speed feat, no?

Cartesian Doubt
I'm Holding the comic in front of me right now!
And sorry to burst everyones bubble but the there are actually 4 sentences that exist between Void and Sentry. And it's all mental....
NO VOCAL CONVERSATION!!!!!!

This changes everything!
I also timed how long it would take to say said sentences and it took up to 30 secs!!! From Earth to Sun.

Well ok then ... theres nothing to prevent cognitive communication is space. So we can assume it works in the same way as it does in our world.

But my argument still applies to every other circumstance this reasoning has been used. Its wrong, and it should be once and for all ignored.

the ninjak
What issues have I ignored!
You are trippin!

Cartesian Doubt
What issues have I ignored!
You are trippin!

Your not reading my post correctly

DarkOdin

It doesn't work like that, your conclusion doesn't follow from your propositions, and its consequently invalid. OMg you like cover your up your mistakes.

This is what started the whole debate.

Which had nothing to do with what was being said.

No one stated that spped of sound in space.

Only that The sentry said one sentence and dumped the void in the sun be that the Sentry said it out of his mouth or in his head it still takes the same amount of time as they had a coversation.

YOU jumped in ranting about the speed of sound and real world logic.

When common sense tells us that it doesn't take 8 mins to say a sentence in the real world or comics roll eyes (sarcastic)

the ninjak
What .....you mean the "cat in the box in space" theory?

Jeezzzz! It's almost my bed time! Give it a rest!

Wild Shadow
Sentry may not be able to keep up physically with flash in combat or reaction time but his mental process should allow him to at least omni blast the area and be aware of flash..

Cartesian Doubt
OMg you like cover your up your mistakes.

This is what started the whole debate.

Which had nothing to do with what was being said.

No one stated that spped of sound in space.

Only that The sentry said one sentence and dumped the void in the sun be that the Sentry said it out of his mouth or in his head it still takes the same amount of time as they had a coversation.

YOU jumped in ranting about the speed of sound and real world logic.

When common sense tells us that it doesn't take 8 mins to say a sentence in the real world or comics roll eyes (sarcastic)

1.) There is no speed of sound in space - If there was I bet its equivalent to the speed of sound in silence ! (Sarcasm btw)

2.) It had a lot to do wit what was being said if u read my posts properly, instead of just pigeonning the bits you wanted to read.

3.)"Only that The sentry said one sentence and dumped the void in the sun be that the Sentry said it out of his mouth or in his head it still takes the same amount of time as they had a coversation."

You assume this falsely, there is NO way of epistemic-ally knowing this !!!!!!!!. The only argument you can provide to back this is up is false kmc forum testimony ! Which is not going to persuade me. You can get as many kids as u want to tell me that Santa Clause exists, its still not going to convince me.

5.)"When common sense tells us that it doesn't take 8 mins to say a sentence in the real world or comics"

No common sense is not applicable in this circumstance. Common sense can be wrong, and it has been magnificently wrong in the past. For example it was common sense that lead everyone to believe that the world was flat. Similar to the reasoning that lead the status Quo believing the world was flat, the status has used common sense reasoning; and adopted the "faulty stop watch theory". The flat world theory was wrong, and so is your line of reasoning. Common sense is a one of the greatest sources of credulity !

Again, even with no reference to the real world: Isn't it safe to assume that it takes a few seconds for a character to say a phrase like that in marvel earth and that the sentry speaks at a normal pace?

The claim that it is unknowable whether or not thinking os speaking a phrase like that in marvel space takes a few seconds because we can't do it on the real world doesn't preclude using marvel earth's characters' speed of cogniton and speech as basis for analisys. The speed at which the sentry thinks and or moves his mouth and vocal chords to speak - even if no sound came out in space - should not be diminished by being in vacuum. This speed is consistantly portrayed as being at least on par with the other marvel characters, since he engages in conversations with them. Incidently comic history shows us that the speed of normal verbal communication in marvel earth happens to be the same as in the real world and it takes a few seconds for a phrase like that to be thought or spoken. How fast sound travels in the real world or in marvel space or things like that are not relevant here.

SS and other characters like him talk in space all the time, sometimes writers are carefull to make the speech baloons telepathic, but others are not. When the SS and a non superspeedster character (like dr stranger for instance) have a conversation in space, it is safe to assume they are speaking at the pace marvel humans speak and comprehend.

h1a8

The point of my argument is demonstrate why this faulty stop watch cannot be applied ! Showing how Sentry could possibly make it to the sun, faster than light doesn't, show why we should believe he could move faster than light in the first place. The only argument that supports this claim, is the faulty stopwatch presupposition. Which by the standards of logic should be rejected.

Marvel doesn't usually (if at all) apply the theory of relativity so all beings that can fly through space can reach and exceed light speed by newtons laws. All it takes is acceleration and time. That is to say, there is no question whether Sentry can achieve light speed (even if it was never shown), regardless of the faulty arguments you may see here. This is because he can accelerate in space. Thus he can reach light speed at a particular point in time.

The true question is whether he can reach light speed in battle distance. The answer is clearly NO!

Now as far as talking in space, it was explained by a writer a long time ago (forgot which one) that some Super beings can do it by projecting an exotic vibrating energy throughout space which becomes pseudo sound.
Exotic means that the energy is fictional and is not part of the KNOWN laws of physics.

Also, it can be done by sending electromagnetic signals out. But the receiving end must have the power to translate the signal into words.

Humans, or beings with absolute no energy powers, are the only ones who should not be talking in space. It is fair game for anyone else though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.