God like Powers....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nicamarvin
Which of these guys do you think has more God like powers? Please do not confuse the question, this is not a who is more powerful, but who of this guys are have powers that resemble real gods or demons, and for contrast I will put a Powerful guy but not so much a god... eek!

this are the guys

Silver Surfer
Top Tier Green Lanter
Thanos
Shaman Nate Grey
SuperBoy Prime
Apocalypse

galactusischere
Probably Apoc. Maybe Thanos. Maybe Surfer. Maybe Nate.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Probably Apoc. Maybe Thanos. Maybe Surfer. Maybe Nate. Maybe Supes?... confused

galactusischere
Nah.

Doctor-Alvis
The main objective would be to be glowy and be able to do crazy crap, so my votes would go towards Nate and Surfer. Possibly Green Lantern, but he looks a little too professional and/or goofy.

nicamarvin
Nah. there is one power that a God like guy should have and thats the power of resurrecting dead people... smokin'

galactusischere
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
The main objective would be to be glowy and be able to do crazy crap, so my votes would go towards Nate and Surfer. Possibly Green Lantern, but he looks a little too professional and/or goofy.
They guy wears a ring...that gives him all of his powers.
Not very god-like.

galactusischere
Originally posted by nicamarvin
there is one power that a God like guy should have and thats the power of resurrecting dead people... smokin' Exactly. Apocalypse or Surfer...maybe even Thanos

JakeTheBank
Surfer has been mistaken for a divine being by alien cultures and races before, iirc. You could even argue for seeing a lot of religious/spiritual allegories in his books and in the character itself. I'd say his powers can be described as being "god-like". I think the more versatile and open ended your powerset is, (and if that versatility is backed with firepower), you could make that claim for a lot of people.

nicamarvin
Exactly. Apocalypse or Surfer...maybe even Thanos Nate has also resurrected dead people, heck he even came back to life.... eek!

galactusischere
Meh, he doesn't have matter manip....or does he?

nicamarvin
Meh, he doesn't have matter manip....or does he? well his psionic powers let him do just about enything he wishes for.... stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Meh, he doesn't have matter manip....or does he?

Maybe his high level TK is on par to direct matter manip?

galactusischere
It still wouldn't be on par with high level matter manipulators, now would it?

JakeTheBank
It still wouldn't be on par with high level matter manipulators, now would it?

No, I'd imagine not, but if his TK is powerful and precise enough to give him fine control over objects, I can see the argument being made from him having matter manipulation.

nicamarvin
It still wouldn't be on par with high level matter manipulators, now would it? is there a way to know that?.. confused

Nihilist
Its not Apoc thats for sure.

"Id"
Depends on how you define God Like. For me anyone with the exception of Superman, and Poccy are God like.

galactusischere
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, I'd imagine not, but if his TK is powerful and precise enough to give him fine control over objects, I can see the argument being made from him having matter manipulation.
just TK and low-level matter manip isn't enough though, like remember when Surfer gave a fraction of his powers to Shalla-ball, and then she was able to create primitive life forms? And Apoc can create beings out of his limbs, turn people into stone etc.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, I'd imagine not, but if his TK is powerful and precise enough to give him fine control over objects, I can see the argument being made from him having matter manipulation. actually his main powers are Psionic in nature and not TK...his TK is derived from his Psionic... smokin'

galactusischere
Originally posted by Nihilist
Its not Apoc thats for sure. Originally posted by "Id"
Depends on how you define God Like. For me anyone with the exception of Superman, and Poccy are God like.

Apoc has more powers than anyone on the list..

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Nihilist
Its not Apoc thats for sure. apoc is a very impresive Guy, thats why I hate he is a jobber... mad

nicamarvin
Apoc has more powers than anyone on the list.. Except time manipulation... wink

psycho gundam
depends on what testament of the bible we're talking about here, or if it's the bible at all.

logically, i'd say apocalypse since he has been a "god" in many civilizations, so i guess he has the resume already.

Enyalus
I'm not an expert on Nate, but I do know Cable w/o the TO virus had matter manipulation abilities via his TK. So, presumably Shaman Nate did as well?

My vote would be Surfer....if your god goes around on a surf board. If not, Apocalypse.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm not an expert on Nate, but I do know Cable w/o the TO virus had matter manipulation abilities via his TK. So, presumably Shaman Nate did as well?

My vote would be Surfer....if your god goes around on a surf board. If not, Apocalypse. as I said before, he can do prety much anything he wishes with his massive TK... smokin'

Omega Vision
Superboy Prime, you'll believe he's a god after he disarms (literally, think Risk) your entire pantheon of gods while wistfully discussing how Laurie will be his girlfriend when he gets his perfect universe back.
Or Silver Surfer.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superboy Prime, you'll believe he's a god after he disarms (literally, think Risk) your entire pantheon of gods while wistfully discussing how Laurie will be his girlfriend when he gets his perfect universe back.
Or Silver Surfer. Well SBP is a very powerful dude, but he is just a Brick and this God like guys have him beat here.....AND if he takes his game to real Gods like RKT or his brother Demogorge he will know the meaning of God Rape.... eek!

Omega Vision
Well SBP is a very powerful dude, but he is just a Brick and this God like guys have him beat here.....AND if he takes his game to real Gods like RKT or his brother Demogorge he will know the meaning of God Rape.... eek!
If I know SBP, Demogorge would greatly regret eating him. Greatly. He punched his way out of shit like the Speed Force and the Phantom Zone, Atum's colon would be ****ed. laughing out loud

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If I know SBP, Demogorge would greatly regret eating him. Greatly. He punched his way out of shit like the Speed Force and the Phantom Zone, Atum's colon would be ****ed. laughing out loud

Elder God Eater>>Elder Gods>Skyfathers>>Skyfather level wanna be............ smokin'

if you don't like it tough cookies.... evil face

p.s

dont make me do a Demogorge vs SBP thread ok...

psycho gundam
atum absorbs them when he "eats" them.

the gods turn into like ghosts or something and he sucks them up. they then get trapped in his skin or whatever and their faces are visible on his body.

Omega Vision
Elder God Eater>>Elder Gods>Skyfathers>>Skyfather level wanna be............ smokin'

if you don't like it tough cookies.... evil face

p.s

dont make me do a Demogorge vs SBP thread ok...
SBP isn't a God but he's powerful enough to **** Atum up given the right circumstances, like say Atum making the mistake of swallowing him. I don't think Atum has ever absorbed a non-God to my knowledge.

Enyalus
Demogorge had issues absorbing classic Thor.

So if it the Demogorge/SBP story was published by DC, SBP would indeed survive and probably punch his way out.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Enyalus
Demogorge had issues absorbing classic Thor.

So if it the Demogorge/SBP story was published by DC, SBP would indeed survive and probably punch his way out. well thor's is his brother, so I guess he felt bad about eating him... confused

anyways Demogorge will not even attemp to eat this SBP guy, hi will just kill him right there... smokin'

Xplosive
Silver Surfer and Apocalypse.

celeyhyga17
Probably Apoc. Maybe Thanos. Maybe Surfer. Maybe Nate.

lol

AsbestosFlaygon
Apocalypse and Thanos.

BTW, Thanos > Silver Surfer.
His Power Cosmic is > Surfer's.

Lord Feron
SS and Grey, IMO they can accomplish more god like acts without having to depend on tech or relying on physical attributes.

A real god should get stuff done just by thinking it.

Slaanesh
SS is the most god like..

the ninjak
Nate has the varied potential. So no.
Thanos the confidence and experience. Plus Feats with artifacts.
Apocalypse has the reinforced fundamentalist attitude. But attitude isn't power.
SS is too humble and stiff. And his power limited in Cosmic Energy to be varied enough to call God like.
SBP is an extreme brawler with magic resistance...more like a God killer.

I'm going with Thanos because of his ability to gain ultimate power but being humble enough to let it go because he likes the challenge.

Placidity
I vote Silver Surfer, but he needs to lose the board, I'm sure he could do that. IMO, high level matter and energy manipulation is a prerequisite. Strictly speaking though, I don't know any characters that could convincingly appear to be a "true" God, that is, not ones depicted in comics, but one which is omnipotent and omniscient in the true sense of those terms.

However, I also think any telepath that is powerful enough to create illusions that will appear to large masses could convince them even more since he could make them see virtually anything.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by "Id"

Exactly ... The conception of "God like" has changed immensely over time. Pre-Renaissance, when the Earth was center of the universe and the world was Flat, anyone who demonstrated abilities on par with Superman was considered a God. When Monotheism came along; it proposed an all powerful God, and the standards were heightened. Acts of God had to on par with the various Miracles of the Old and New Testament, Especially those demonstrated in Genesis, Exodus and the Gospels.
Then during the Renaissance and the Enlightenment the size of the visible universe expanded greatly, its was now common knowledge that the earth revolved one of countless stars that made up the cosmos. Consequently the divine creator, had to be even more powerful than previously conceived. Post enlightenment, and the end of the Victorian era, the quantum world was discovered containing a micro universe inside a macro universe. For God to be the all powerful instigator of creation, he would have simultaneous control over the Macro and the Micro. However by this time, Western society had become increasingly secular, and an act of God, was used in a metaphoric sense. Sci-Fi novels, and scientific documentaries describe natural phenomenon such as the explosion of Stars, and the collision of Meteors with planets as "biblical in proportions.".

So "who is godlike" is based entirely on what standards one holds ?

If its mythological Godlike, then we are talking anyone Superman level or above
If its contemporary religious God like, we're talking Silver Surfer level and above. They have to be able to manipulate the micro and the macro.
If its a secularized metaphoric form of Godlike i would probably say anyone who could survive a Nuclear strike, and displays a variety of powers (although they don't have to be as sophisticated as matter manipulation) will be conceived as such.

Survivor19
To me it doesn't looks that different from the pagan views on the matter. )

Wait... So, Godzilla is the ultimate secularized metaphoric God? o_0

Thanos and Poccy would both qualify, IMO. On different levels, that is.

TOAA ftw

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Placidity
However, I also think any telepath that is powerful enough to create illusions that will appear to large masses could convince them even more since he could make them see virtually anything. Nate could do that... smokin' and resurrect some dead people also, transform into a light being, read minds, crush entire cities, cast illusions, bring Monsters from the astral palne to life, He is inmortal.......to me that boy is a True God in the making..... smokin' Just wait you'll see

Doctor-Alvis
They guy wears a ring...that gives him all of his powers.
Not very god-like.
Regardless, his powers are pretty god-like. The problem would be the delivery. He wears a uniform, points his ring at everything, and is all green. Though they could probably do an illusion.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Regardless, his powers are pretty god-like. The problem would be the delivery. He wears a uniform, points his ring at everything, and is all green. Though they could probably do an illusion.
Lets see....

the GLs use a Ring
SilverSurfer a Board and galactus given cosmic powers
Thanos uses tech
Apoc Celestial Tech

and Nate?..well he is all natural... smokin'

Black bolt z
Definetly Thanos and possibly surfer.

Mshinu
Lets see....

the GLs use a Ring
Thanos uses tech
Apoc Celestial Tech

He was grown in a lab stick out tongue

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Mshinu
He was grown in a lab stick out tongue many people today are.... eek!

Doctor-Alvis
Lets see....

the GLs use a Ring
Thanos uses tech
Apoc Celestial Tech

I don't think you're grasping what I'm saying. Green Lantern, sans illusions, is very obviously using an item to do things. Not very angelic or demonic.

Everyone else is either smashing things with their hands or doing things with a wave of their hands while looking like an angel or demon, or could pass themselves off as one in disguise.

King Kandy
The opening says "or demon" so i'd have to say Thanos takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.