Planetary vs Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Planetary: Drummer, Jakita, Snow, Chase VS The Fantastic Four: Ben, Richards, Susan, Johnny

Scenario 1: All out fight, no prep.

Scenario 2: Some be all, end all, plot device character takes the groups to a neutral earth to determine which is the worthiest of guiding the fate of their respective homeworlds or some other equivalent retarded crap. Anyway, they go against each other as organizations with all of their resources. There is no time limit, they begin at their respective basis of operations with no knowledge of the oposition except that they are rivals. Victory comes by completely incapacitating (imprisonment or BFR with no perspective of return or rescue in the foreseeable future) or killing the 4 heads of the opposition. Let's say the losers will be turned into frogs as a motivation.

Scenario 3: same as above, but they don't need to take each other out, just compete to become the most influential group on the neutral earth within a 5 year time span. If they want to, they may try to eliminate the competition.

PIS off CIS on for all three scenarios. Who takes it?

Bump. Come on people does no one care for planetary at all? I bet if I had used doom instead of F4 it would have a thousand replies by now.

Prep-Man
I've only read only 7 issues. Is anyone on Reed's level in smarts?

Warlord
who's the drummer? does he play double bass?

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I've only read only 7 issues. Is anyone on Reed's level in smarts?

You really have to read it then, it's a master piece. The following post has some light spoilers in it.

Planetary is somewhat more realistic then FF, so they don't have pull instants plot device tech out of their asses all the time like RR and I guess there is no single character on par with him, but:

The drummer is a genius and an informational blackhole. He can 'read' all forms of information from the environment arround him with no equipment, even things like genetic information; this power is cosmic awareness in everything but name. He can also manipulate information with his mind affecting electronic systems, information broadcasts, most forms of technology, magic (which he calls cheat codes for the world). He can also jam just about any tech arround him so that would be a usefull counter to richards.

Snow is a master investigator and a ****ing genius strategist with a century of experience with dealing with the occult and a monster heat subtraction power he uses to freeze people solid and then shatter them instead of throwin ice peaks at them.

Ambrose Chase can warp space/time slowing down realtive time arround himself and others to bullet time, no where near zoom's level, but he moves through autofire with absolute ease like the bullets are just standing there. He is an excelent marksman and great field agent.

Jakita is an easily bored brick with some superspeed and good martial arts.

By the end of the book, the planetary organization also has a lot of other allies and employees, and some truly extraordinary resources. Anna Hark might give richards a challenge in the intellect departament.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
You really have to read it then, it's a master piece. The following post has some light spoilers in it.

Planetary is somewhat more realistic, so they don't have pull instants plot device tech out of their asses all the time like RR and I guess there is no single character on par with him, but:

The drummer is a genius and an informational blackhole. He can 'read' all forms of information from the environment arround him with no equipment, even things like genetic information; this power is cosmic awareness in everything but name. He can also manipulate information with his mind affecting electronic systems, information broadcasts, most forms of technology, magic (which he calls cheat codes for the world). He can also jam just about any tech arround him so that would be a usefull counter to richards.

Snow is a master investigator and a **** genius strategist with a century of experience of dealing with the occult.

By the end of the book, the planetary organization also has a lot of other allies and members, and truly extraordinary resources. Anna Hark might give richards a challenge in the intellect departament

Their material and tech resources are almost endless too.

Oh, I agree. When I did read it, it was one of the best things I have ever read. Planetary rules. They win, but I'm probably biased. lol.

the ninjak
Reed has emergency weapons that can kill Celestrials.
I see Planetary making kills amongst the family but once one or more family members die, we will see a Reed we have never seen before.
His gadgets will crush them.

Yes, but planetary has some pretty incredible resources too, the interdimensional cruiser, the spoils from the 4, the survivors from the city zero concentration camp. Snow threatened the the earth that powered the 4 with cutting their world out and dropping it in the bleed, or deleting their universe. Besides, they don't have to kill the f4, they can incapacitate or bfr them, or they might manage to take RR out first.

Bouboumaster
In Marvel Universe, Reed Richards IS the top dog in intelligence department on Earth, maybe equaled only by Doom.

The dude, like it's said above, have weapons to kill Celestials.

Don't look further: Reed Richards have weapons that can kill Celestials. No one can match that, unless you are a cosmic genius, in Thanos/Darkseid league, or above.

He win by himself

I don't think tech is everything in a bid for global power, but you sound so sure I won't even try to persuade you of the contrary, even if they had characters that created computers which literally generated millions of universes and that kind of tech was under planetary control by the end of the series.

But what about the first scenario? The arena styled fight

Enyalus
Leo's a Planetary fan, I think. Gotta see him defend their honor, lol.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by 753
I don't think tech is everything in a bid for global power, but you sound so sure I won't even try to persuade you of the contrary, even if they had characters that created computers which literally generated millions of universes and that kind of tech was under planetary control by the end of the series.

But what about the first scenario? The arena styled fight

Tech isn't everything, until you can bring guns able to kill beings litteraly god like.

As for the first scenario, I think that Thing absolutly destroy and maul Jakita, but Snow and Ambrose tip the scales in Planetary's favor. For the first scenario.

Prep-Man
That took him a while to build, anyway. besides, Reed failed to bring WW Hulk down. Proof that Reed doesn't always succeed.

Q99
Planetary is far better at running an organization, but the FF are stronger.

Bouboumaster
That took him a while to build, anyway. besides, Reed failed to bring WW Hulk down. Proof that Reed doesn't always succeed.

Man, this is bullshit.

The only reason why Richards and Strange failed was because they didn't want to kill him: only stop him.

Strange said that he could, if he would, just take his soul and Richards is freakin' Richards, and just don't kill. Still, if he was bloodlust, he would send Hulk his ass in the negative zone, or worse

Prep-Man
oh, i agree, but he still failed to stop the hulk. miss calculation. LOL!

Bouboumaster

Your friend is acting like an ass, do you think the best way to stop him is to shot him in the face?

Richards tried something that worked in the past, against Savage Hulk. Obviously, it was the first time he faced the "Green Scar" personnality.

the ninjak

Those Guys had history with the Hulk, which is why they sent him to a peaceful planet. Obviously things went wrong.
But no way would Reed or Strange resort to murdering or banishing the Hulk.

complexbrother
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Davehuk2002/BestThreadEver.jpg
my two favorite groups in all of comics...

that being said .. Planetary would win because they have far better resources than FF and two of the members are almost as intellegent as Mr. Fantastic (Drummer and Elijah) plus their power set would give them an advantage.

Cartesian Doubt
Planetary wins due to Chase,

Elijha should loose to Jonny, but Elijah's prep work is immense, plus he's immortal, with a hundred years worth of foreknwoledge. I don't see Jonny beating him.

Jakita beats Benn, nearly as strong, nearly as invulnerable, but a hell of a lot faster.

The Drummer controls any technological plot device Reed uses, unless its biological then, Elijah can puts it on ice.

Chase technically could put the lot down on his own. He held his own against a watered down Supes. He took down the 4's I.W. (A smarter lethal equivalent) relatively easily, and the time manipulation powers makes him virtually unbeatable to anyone without Super speed.

Reed could create something to compensate for Chase's powers but the Drummer is the trump card. All technology used by Reeds is going to fall under his control, and Reed will know this, so wont risk it.

leonidas
ambrose makes this interesting. his powers were never very well defined but he would be very difficult for the ff to deal with. johnny could nova blast and kill all of them though if he had the chance, and sue could easily kill any of them or simply trap them.

ff could handle them pretty easily except for chase who may be enough to tip things in planetary's favor in a straight up battle.

Well, here are my two cents

Scenario 1. Tough fight. I can't see a clear winner here as there are too many variables. It mostly hangs on IW and Chase. He did manage to hold kim on the ropes until reinforcement came, but if IW goes all out from the start f4 will probably take it

Scenario 2. It won't be easy to outdo RR plot device mad skills, but I can see it happening

RR is individually the most intelligent man with the best plot device tech, but I think planetary can collectively match or surpass him.

In a scenario where the organizations begin with no info on each other and have to snatch the opposition's leadership, strategy, calculated use of force, secrecy and information acquisition will be the most important weapons.

Elijah is certainly a lesser scientific mind than RR but is a better strategist and far better investigator.

John Stone is a sci-fi james bond, he is the ultimate spy and a master of intelligence and counter-intelligence. he'd be a major resource in finding out who the enemy is and how to exploit them

Drummer is for all intents and purposes a cosmically aware technopath. He offers an excelent counter for RR's tech and is an incredible strategic resource as he can hack anything and manipulate information on a global scale.

In 1941, Hark senior and Axel Brass invented a computer that generated and extinguished countless millions of universes (billions of years went by in the universes but just hours on their earth). Hark's daughter was said to be smarter than him. Both Brass and Anna Hark are part of the Planetary organization. The tech they used to create the computer is under planetary control.

Planetary also has an interdimensional cruiser and a small army of superhumans on the payroll along with endless technicians and scientists.

The main reason I give planetary the edge is that, as pointed out before by q99, they function better as an organization. They are also more used to constantly operating on a global scale.

Scenario 2 is a small majority for planetary

In scenario 3 in particular, I see planetary being more succesfull in spinning the wheels of the world from behind a curtain of secrecy. Even if the groups decide to exercise their power overtly by way of conquest, propaganda, occupation of political offices or trading tech breakthroughs for support from governments and peoples, I still see planetary doing better. Making tech and knowledge free and accessible to everyone was planetary's mission satement from the get go. They are also a lot more pro-active, have more political skill and far better propaganda minds.

Planetary takes a clear majority in 3

Originally posted by complexbrother
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Davehuk2002/BestThreadEver.jpg
my two favorite groups in all of comics...

that being said .. Planetary would win because they have far better resources than FF and two of the members are almost as intellegent as Mr. Fantastic (Drummer and Elijah) plus their power set would give them an advantage.

Thanks and you are correct sir.

Bumping in case anyone cares

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
Well, here are my two cents

Scenario 1. Tough fight. I can't see a clear winner here as there are too many variables. It mostly hangs on IW and Chase. He did manage to hold kim on the ropes until reinforcement came, but if IW goes all out from the start f4 will probably take it

Scenario 2. It won't be easy to outdo RR plot device mad skills, but I can see it happening

RR is individually the most intelligent man with the best plot device tech, but I think planetary can collectively match or surpass him.

In a scenario where the organizations begin with no info on each other and have to snatch the opposition's leadership, strategy, calculated use of force, secrecy and information acquisition will be the most important weapons.

Elijah is certainly a lesser scientific mind than RR but is a better strategist and far better investigator.

John Stone is a sci-fi james bond, he is the ultimate spy and a master of intelligence and counter-intelligence. he'd be a major resource in finding out who the enemy is and how to exploit them

Drummer is for all intents and purposes a cosmically aware technopath. He offers an excelent counter for RR's tech and is an incredible strategic resource as he can hack anything and manipulate information on a global scale.

In 1941, Hark senior and Axel Brass invented a computer that generated and extinguished countless millions of universes (billions of years went by in the universes but just hours on their earth). Hark's daughter was said to be smarter than him. Both Brass and Anna Hark are part of the Planetary organization. The tech they used to create the computer is under planetary control.

Planetary also has an interdimensional cruiser and a small army of superhumans on the payroll along with endless technicians and scientists.

The main reason I give planetary the edge is that, as pointed out before by q99, they function better as an organization. They are also more used to constantly operating on a global scale.

Scenario 2 is a small majority for planetary

In scenario 3 in particular, I see planetary being more succesfull in spinning the wheels of the world from behind a curtain of secrecy. Even if the groups decide to exercise their power overtly by way of conquest, propaganda, occupation of political offices or trading tech breakthroughs for support from governments and peoples, I still see planetary doing better. Making tech and knowledge free and accessible to everyone was planetary's mission satement from the get go. They are also a lot more pro-active, have more political skill and far better propaganda minds.

Planetary takes a clear majority in 3

I totally agree.

cdtm
Nice thread!

Prep wise, the "giant snowflake" may well be one of the most overpowered reality altering devices ever, as each facet of it represented the entire multiverse... Reed would basically need the UN to compete with that, and that's not something he'll have access to here..

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Planetary wins due to Chase,

Elijha should loose to Jonny, but Elijah's prep work is immense, plus he's immortal, with a hundred years worth of foreknwoledge. I don't see Jonny beating him.

Jakita beats Benn, nearly as strong, nearly as invulnerable, but a hell of a lot faster.

The Drummer controls any technological plot device Reed uses, unless its biological then, Elijah can puts it on ice.

Chase technically could put the lot down on his own. He held his own against a watered down Supes. He took down the 4's I.W. (A smarter lethal equivalent) relatively easily, and the time manipulation powers makes him virtually unbeatable to anyone without Super speed.

Reed could create something to compensate for Chase's powers but the Drummer is the trump card. All technology used by Reeds is going to fall under his control, and Reed will know this, so wont risk it.

Overall I think this is pretty accurate, but I think Jakita is a lot closer to Luke Cage strength then she is Thing level strength.

Black bolt z
Drummer solos shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.