Dante (Dane's Inferno)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/035/2/8/Dante__s_Inferno_by_Supajoe.jpg

I remembered doing a book report for my high school literature class for The Divine Comedy. Ended up getting a A-minus. Ugh.

Moving on...

Love can make you do the craziest things.

Take Dante, for instance.

He was a knight serving under King Richard the Lionheart during the Crusades. While laying siege to the city of Acre in an attempt to capture the city before the Saracen commander Saladin could take it, he is bushwhacked by an unknown assailant and left for dead.

But dying is not on the agenda of Dante, despite being visited by the Reaper of Souls himself. Ignoring Death's dire threats that both himself and his loved ones will suffer for his crimes, Dante instead kicks Death's bony behind (taking lessons from the Belmont Clan) and takes Death's trademark scythe as a trophy.

Upon returning to Florence, he finds out that his beloved, Beatrice Portinari, has been murdered. Her ghost appears to Dante, right before Lucifer takes her soul to Hell. But as it turns out, the Eternal Prince of Darkness messed with the wrong knight, since Dante gives chase, pursuing the Dark One into hell itself.

With his new scythe and a blessed cross as his weapons, Dante is going to raise hell (pun intended).

I will not spoil the ending for those who have not played the game.

Trivia: According to DMC canon, Eva (Dante and Vergil's mom) was into classic literature, which explained why she named her two sons after the two main characters in The Divine Comedy.

FWahMaN
The dude's attire looks lame, have to say, but I bet he's cool overall. LOL @ Dane in the title.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FWahMaN
The dude's attire looks lame, have to say,

So say the fasion expert.

FWahMaN
Err..attire looks fairly like a Spartan outfit, which is def lame-lookin. 313

iChaos
Looks like a certain century of Assassin's Creed...attire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.