KMC Standards You'd like to Destroy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Sometimes for whatever reason, perhaps mostly repetition by fanboys, some characters overtime are accepted as being able to take on people they should lose to, or vice versa.

What are the top 3 myths regarding characters power levels that you'd want to fix in the Comics Vs section?

Lately, I've seen Wonder Woman being championed as a very close contender against Superman (I believe in the past, not many people would've supported this view). That would be one example of what this thread is about (I'm not saying I agree with it or not).

Or maybe, you don't think Green Lantern is as close as a match/ or is way more powerful than the Silver Surfer etc.

Sometimes these things really frustrate me, and I'm sure people want to set a few things straight too. While I know that after this thread passes nothing is really gonna change, its still good to get your opinion out there.

What do you guys think?

Ok my first little rant:

One thing I really dislike is the notion is that Spider-man always loses to Martial Artists - even peak human ones. The guy takes regular blows from class 10-ton+ enemies. A peak human blow isn't going to affect him in a PIS-less battle, unless possibly if it was a nerve strike. Also MA was developed for humans, it really wouldn't take advantage of Spider-mans other abilities, so Spider-man's style is not "bad" at all, its just the most effective way of fighting for his powerset.

chomperx9
id like to destroy the non cannon excuse that fanboys use when someone shows proof when their guys gets their ass kicked.

Harbinger
Supes/Thanos is a pretty contentious one around these parts, as well.

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
id like to destroy the non cannon excuse that fanboys use when someone shows proof when their guys gets their ass kicked. facepalm

psycho gundam
spider-man's "problem" is that he's not highly decorated in any real fighting arts (that i know of). he can be taken unawares by a skilled opponent just like he can by a not so skilled opponent, the issue is if he's all up close on them, they have a shot at hurting him just as much as he does.

his webbing not winning the fight most of the time is a little pis'y, but he can be hurt by good fighters since he tends to hold back his strength + his lack of knowledge in high level fighting.

cap made it apparent that a true fighter has the mind for cqc whereas spider-man is not of that mindset. it went down hill quick once cap took over the offensive without letting spider-man do anything intelligently.

not all "fighter types" are cap, and they certainly don't have that shield so i guess you have a case.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
facepalm facepalm

Mindset
So you think what you said was stupid too?

Cool.

chomperx9
id like to take away the batkick. yeah i know its cool in the comics and stuff.

but on here it takes away the fun. i mean someone make a batman vs galactus thread ok 1st thing a batman fanboy is gonna post batkick FTW. well if batkick wins every time whats the point of there being any batman threads ?

Placidity
Originally posted by psycho gundam
spider-man's "problem" is that he's not highly decorated in any real fighting arts (that i know of). he can be taken unawares by a skilled opponent just like he can by a not so skilled opponent, the issue is if he's all up close on them, they have a shot at hurting him just as much as he does.

his webbing not winning the fight most of the time is a little pis'y, but he can be hurt by good fighters since he tends to hold back his strength + his lack of knowledge in high level fighting.

cap made it apparent that a true fighter has the mind for cqc whereas spider-man is not of that mindset. it went down hill quick once cap took over the offensive without letting spider-man do anything intelligently.

not all "fighter types" are cap, and they certainly don't have that shield so i guess you have a case.

Ok, I don't want to turn this thread into any sort of debate. Also, I wasn't thinking about Capt when I made my post, just in general.

But do you think in a KMC PIS-less fight, apart from nerve strikes, Spider-man would get hurt by a peak-human level punch, keeping in mind he regularly takes class 10-ton and above blows and keeps fighting?

chomperx9
So you think what you said was stupid too?

Cool. no i was jus imitating you since thats your post to everyone when you dont agree on something. you dont have the time and intelligence to post why that person is wrong. or something doesnt make sense what they posted you just reply with facepalm like thats supposed to accomplish anything

Mindset
no i was jus imitating you since thats your post to everyone when you dont agree on something. you dont the time and intelegence to post why that person is wrong or something doesnt make sense what they posted you just reply with facepalm like thats supposed to accomplish anything Is this English?

illadelph12
The anti-Apocalypse/"Table" jokes. It stopped being funny in 2006. The 616 version has a great resume and hasn't lost sans a plot device in direct encounters when at full power, but all that gets mentioned is the overblown Namor/table incident and his loss to Magneto in HoM which is not canon to the 616 version of the character. It's a gag that ran it's course a long time ago. Villains are used to make the heroes overcome great odds via some grandiose scheme and the cycle repeats. It doesn't make the villains weak, it's just the premise of the stories. Protagonists overcome Antagonists, lather/rinse/repeat.

chomperx9
Is this English? no es espanol way

AsbestosFlaygon
The notion of picking characters for their "implied" power, even with lack of feats.

Good examples are Dr. Manhattan and Phantom Stranger.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by illadelph12
The anti-Apocalypse/"Table" jokes. It stopped being funny in 2006. The 616 version has a great resume and hasn't lost sans a plot device in direct encounters when at full power, but all that gets mentioned is the overblown Namor/table incident and his loss to Magneto in HoM which is not canon to the 616 version of the character. It's a gag that ran it's course a long time ago. Villains are used to make the heroes overcome great odds via some grandiose scheme and the cycle repeats. It doesn't make the villains weak, it's just the premise of the stories. Protagonists overcome Antagonists, lather/rinse/repeat. thumb up smart

Q99
The myth that she's NOT up there. Since I'm tired of defending it, and people at her level or lower don't need to be defended so much!

Hm... the myth that people with Regen (Logan, Laura, etc.) stomp high-end martial artists.

The myth that some of the very top-top end fighters (Cassandra being the most obvious, but also Shiva, Shang Chi...) fall within human limits, even by comic standards.

It's not that he loses, it's that he doesn't do as good as the power difference suggests. They can plan further in a fight further than his spider-sense reads, and yea, I guess he does have enough 'soft bits' that they can hurt him.

However, like I said above, the ones who do so generally shouldn't be mistaken as being within human limits. We're generally talking only the insanely skilled ones like Shang Chi, and Shang Chi has fought against the Thing.

Enyalus
1) H/P DD does not 'instantly adapt' to anything and everything.
2) Superman is no where close to 'approaching his PC power levels.'
3) Sentry does not have the power of a million, a thousand, or even a hundred suns. It's hyperbole, fanboys.

JakeTheBank
1.) The general lowballing of Wonder Woman is something I'd like to do away with. I think it's common sense that Superman is her superior in terms of physical stats and overall power, but given her own powers, skills, and equipment, I can't see how people claim that Superman, Thor, Hulk or other bricks stomp her one-on-one. To that end, I'd also like it if people understood just how powerful (and capable of one-shotting people) the lasso is. Most people just ignore the effects it has besides the truth aspect and don't get how it works in the midst of combat.

2.) The notion that because Sentry beat Molecule Man, anything Molecule Man has done or displayed in comics is now a viable tactic for Sentry in vs threads. Hell, the notion that Sentry can even matter manipulate offensively like some posters believe is ludicrous in of itself.

3.) The idea that Superman completely curbstomps Thor based off of him barely beating Thor in the JLA/Avengers crossover (which is inadmissible here anyway).

shokosugi
I'd like everyone to please not create VS threads of Superman vs. Sentry, Gladiator, Thanos and other b-level characters.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by shokosugi
I'd like everyone to please not create VS threads of Superman vs. Sentry, Gladiator, Thanos and other b-level characters.
OH Now you've done it.
You're into some serious shit now.

Harbinger
I'd like everyone to please not create VS threads of Superman vs. Sentry, Gladiator, Thanos and other b-level characters. This guy gets it.

chomperx9
I'd like everyone to please not create VS threads of Superman vs. Sentry, Gladiator, Thanos and other b-level characters. why ? because everyone votes for the character other than superman ?

Blanket
id like to destroy the non cannon excuse that fanboys use when someone shows proof when their guys gets their ass kicked. I remember your doppleganger Spidey-dude having incredible problems understanding what 'non canon' meant too...

cough cough

Juk3n
Id personally like to see one particular myth get stomped out. The myth that Batman is Captain Americas equal in Combat is getting old, Cap wins, just nod and agree ffs!

Parmaniac
There are a lot of myths most of 'em are based on MA...

Warlord

eek!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Warlord
eek! It's not funny he or Orion solos you know

Warlord
forgot about Orion...sorry....sad

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Placidity

Ok my first little rant:

One thing I really dislike is the notion is that Spider-man always loses to Martial Artists - even peak human ones. The guy takes regular blows from class 10-ton+ enemies. A peak human blow isn't going to affect him in a PIS-less battle, unless possibly if it was a nerve strike. Also MA was developed for humans, it really wouldn't take advantage of Spider-mans other abilities, so Spider-man's style is not "bad" at all, its just the most effective way of fighting for his powerset.

Agreed for the most part-however I reckon If Spiderman was proficient at martial arts when he 1st got his powers, he would be a better fighter.

Mshinu
1) Supes doesn`t have a tiny microscipic snowflake`s chanse in the deepest hottest burning pits of hell of taking down Thanos or Galactus.. I wish people would stop making such threads or at least that the mods could close them.

2) Apocalypse and Magneto are examples of characters that get no respect, in many cases because people don`t know their full powerset or general history. A little knowledge is good before making a statement, and a visit to the respect thread a good way to get it.

3) VS threads often degenerate into a discussion about who can sucker punch / zap the other before defenses are raised. I think it should be asumed any defense that is near-instant should be concidered to be in place as the match starts.

Blanket
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Agreed for the most part-however I reckon If Spiderman was proficient at martial arts when he 1st got his powers, he would be a better fighter. And I reckon if I ate four triples with cheese from Wendy's everyday, I'd be obese.

Deadline
Punisher beats DD h2h, period. I'll really deal with that when i've finished my thread.

Mshinu
Ok my first little rant:

In comics Ma is pretty much a superpower and practicioners are able to affect very durable opponents.

Tons of super powered beings in comics practice ma, spidey could find proper training if he took the time. He is not THAT special. Gamora for instance is "the deadliest woman in the universe" more because of her skills than her stats.

Blanket
On the topic of this thread, I'd like to disclude pis events in comics like when Punisher seems to be able to do anything to DD.

Deadline
Har de hah.

Q99
Yea, Gamora's, what, class 15? 25? Yet she regularly fought class 100s.

Originally posted by Deadline
Punisher beats DD h2h, period. I'll really deal with that when i've finished my thread.

... DD can go HtH with Shang Chi and Iron Fist and Elektra on good terms, three of the best in Marvel. That'll be an interesting thread.

Deadline
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, Gamora's, what, class 15? 25? Yet she regularly fought class 100s.

... DD can go HtH with Shang Chi and Iron Fist and Elektra on good terms, three of the best in Marvel. That'll be an interesting thread.

Thats ABC logic if you look at all their fights its quite even. Also Dark Reign Punisher is alot tougher.

Q99
Thats ABC logic if you look at all their fights its quite even.

I'm not sure it's ABC logic so much as establishing a general level. DD performs well in HtH against HtH foes of all sort.

Like I said, I'd like to see that thread. Even if Punisher's stronger, I don't think it necessarily means he'll be able to beat Matt.

Deadline
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not sure it's ABC logic so much as establishing a general level. DD performs well in HtH against HtH foes of all sort.

Its is because in most of the h2h fights Punisher does well against DD. So if DD can stalemate Shang Chi its irrelevant.

Originally posted by Q99

Like I said, I'd like to see that thread. Even if Punisher's stronger, I don't think it necessarily means he'll be able to beat Matt.

Yeah no point in getting into it right now, especially when im going to have a field day on the DD vs Punisher section on the respect thread.

celeyhyga17
I'd like to add the Thor is too slow vs. super speedsters and will always lose to them threads. He repeatedly beats foes with a super strength/super speed powerset.

Just out of curiosity, how do you see a fight between SM and Silver Surfer going?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
Just out of curiosity, how do you see a fight between SM and Silver Surfer going? You obviously don't know who Shokosugi is...

Originally posted by Mshinu

2) Apocalypse and Magneto are examples of characters that get no respect, in many cases because people don`t know their full powerset or general history. A little knowledge is good before making a statement, and a visit to the respect thread a good way to get it.

3) VS threads often degenerate into a discussion about who can sucker punch / zap the other before defenses are raised. I think it should be asumed any defense that is near-instant should be concidered to be in place as the match starts.

Apocalypse jobs too much, Magnus is still somewhat underated but certainly gets a lot more respect than him.

I agrre with 3, the problem is what the rules say about autoshields and how people adhere to it vehemently while disconsidering so many others of them. the only solution is to make more threads with quick defense modifiers in the op to five non speedsters a chance, the beggining conditions for arena style fights are not very realistic anyway.

Warlord
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You obviously don't know who Shokosugi is...

A ninja film star?

Parmaniac
A ninja film star? More a b-level 70s p0rnstar

Omega Vision
1. Wonder Woman lowballing has to stop.

2. Thanos lost against Odin, deal with it fanboys.

3. The myth that Batman isn't Captain America's equal in terms of strength and MA skill.

4. That prick Omega Vision. He needs to get out of here. sneer

stick out tongue

Mshinu
Originally posted by 753
Apocalypse jobs too much, Magnus is still somewhat underated but certainly gets a lot more respect than him.

Apoc certainly jobs, but a lot of his low showings are simply because he was depowered or near death at the time. Like with Supes or Wolverine you have to concider the current incarnation.

basilisk
The anti-Apocalypse/"Table" jokes. It stopped being funny in 2006. The 616 version has a great resume and hasn't lost sans a plot device in direct encounters when at full power, but all that gets mentioned is the overblown Namor/table incident and his loss to Magneto in HoM which is not canon to the 616 version of the character. It's a gag that ran it's course a long time ago. Villains are used to make the heroes overcome great odds via some grandiose scheme and the cycle repeats. It doesn't make the villains weak, it's just ...

... blah blah blah blah blah. Table FTW.

Just kidding - you make good points and I've made a few of those table jokes myself. The thing about villains is that the longer they are around the more defeats they have. If they are popular they keep coming back and getting defeated even more often. So they end up with a history of all these defeats, some of which are ridiculous low showings as inevitably bad writers end up in the mix. One of the few exceptions is Thanos, because even when he does get beaten, Starlin cries and comes in and retcons it due to Thanos being his pet character (and I like Thanos, I just think Starlin takes him a bit far).

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
1.) The general lowballing of Wonder Woman is something I'd like to do away with. I think it's common sense that Superman is her superior in terms of physical stats and overall power, but given her own powers, skills, and equipment, I can't see how people claim that Superman, Thor, Hulk or other bricks stomp her one-on-one. To that end, I'd also like it if people understood just how powerful (and capable of one-shotting people) the lasso is. Most people just ignore the effects it has besides the truth aspect and don't get how it works in the midst of combat.

I'd like to see less Wonder Woman threads for that very reason. Either because of a lack of interest in the character compared to says Bats & Supes, or because she is difficult to write in an interesting way, or her lack of any real classic runs and history, or just plain trying to keep her up with Superman - she seems to receive crazy power ups every second week. As soon as there is a WW vs thread it just means endless comments along the lines of
"she's immune to attack X because last week she got upgrade Y",
"she can now use attack X because she got that new power last night",
"she can speedblitz everyone before they can react because she moves as fast as light and her fighting skills are superior to everyone's",
"her shields can block any attack from anyone no matter how powerful",
"her weapons can cut anybody and instantly kill them",
"she is stronger than WWH", and
"her lasso instantly defeats any being in the universe even if they are intangible or made of mist or energy".
What's the point of using her in threads? The character has got too far away from whatever she was originally intended to be. I mean even the Hulk, Thor, and Superman have limitations and weaknesses that can be exploited in vs threads to make them interesting.

id like to destroy the non cannon excuse that fanboys use when someone shows proof when their guys gets their ass kicked.

I always thought that the rule about non-canon was sometimes too strict. Sure, in many cases the characters in 'alterniverses'/elseworlds are clearly different and should not be accepted. In situations such as Exiles, the lines are also blurred because we don't always know how similar the characters' histories are, and often they are clearly different.

But in 'What If...?' (at least the classic What Ifs), the stories were specifically stated to diverge from 'our' continuity at the exact point that the story starts - so unless shown otherwise the characters and their powers are exactly the same in that story as in the mainstream universe - and clearly that is the intention of the writer. In theory these should be able to be used as evidence.
Unfortunately in practice 'What If' was notorious for heavy PIS/CIS/bad writing scenes (Wolverine kills Silver Surfer etc) and so I guess they have to stay ignored and considered non-canon. I only wish many mainstream stories could be disregarded as non-canon for the same reason.

Warlord
Originally posted by Omega Vision
3. The myth that Batman isn't Captain America's equal in terms of strength.

stick out tongue

I dissagree with that (respectfully)

Warlord
More a b-level 70s p0rnstar

no really he is a ninja movie star cool

Omega Vision
I dissagree with that (respectfully)
He has feats that put him on a level similar to Cap in terms of strength, they're both peak humans. As for the skill part you could argue Bats is more skilled due to his knowledge of secret and esoteric arts that Cap doesn't understand. Still I think they're about equal in terms of MA skill. In pure h2h Cap has one undeinable advantage and that's his superhuman stamina. That alone would win him most fights. That's why I liked the JLA/Avengers fight. They were evenly matched and Batman admitted that had the fight gone on long enough Cap would probably beat him.

Q99
Note that many of these upgrades and demonstrations were literally decades ago. The only two-sorta-three upgrades I know of since '00 were her eyes, and her new lightning powers on her bracers. The sorta-three being 'her lasso can do extremely evil stuff to souls, which she won't do but Genocide will'... but come to think of it, Artemis accidentally *killed* a person using that power in the 90s, so yea, just two, and pretty minor ones.

Most of it is a lot of people are unaware of powers she's had since the very beginning. She's had the fighting skill, speed, block-all bracers, and cutting tiara for an exceedingly long time.

I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for 'new powers' that often predate the Crisis (and stuff like her fighting skill was there from day one).

Parmaniac
no really he is a ninja movie star cool Sho Kosugi is a ninja movie star.

Shokosugi:
http://www.nexternal.com/masquerade/images/20622-m.jpg

SamZED
1) Character taking a nuke without a problem and then getting hurt by a punch from Cap.
2) The "MA >>>> Spider-man" crap.
3) The "Carnage > Venom + Spider-man" myth.
4) Superman >>>>>> Galactus multipled by SquirrelGirl's PIS power.

Warlord
He has feats that put him on a level similar to Cap in terms of strength, they're both peak humans. As for the skill part you could argue Bats is more skilled due to his knowledge of secret and esoteric arts that Cap doesn't understand. Still I think they're about equal in terms of MA skill. In pure h2h Cap has one undeinable advantage and that's his superhuman stamina. That alone would win him most fights. That's why I liked the JLA/Avengers fight. They were evenly matched and Batman admitted that had the fight gone on long enough Cap would probably beat him.

after finishing the whole v.3 of JLA i can't remember of one strength feat that puts him in Cap's level.
perhaps in his own books there are some...

Warlord
Sho Kosugi is a ninja movie star.

Shokosugi:
http://www.nexternal.com/masquerade/images/20622-m.jpg

hawt

Batman-Prime
That there is someone on this world who isn't biased no expression

Oh the myth that those myths people want to destroy aren't spawned from their bias.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Oh the myth that those myths people want to destroy aren't spawned from their bias. That works vice versa friend

Deadline
Originally posted by SamZED
1) Character taking a nuke without a problem and then getting hurt by a punch from Cap.

Its known as martial art skill.

Parmaniac
Its known as martial art skill. laughing (I hope it was sarcasm)

Deadline
laughing (I hope it was sarcasm)

Your in no position to laugh Captain America has been doing shit like that for ages, no PIS there at all.

Omega Vision
after finishing the whole v.3 of JLA i can't remember of one strength feat that puts him in Cap's level.
perhaps in his own books there are some...
He's tore open the trunk of a submerged car, that would take mad strength considering the pressure difference and the weight of water on the car trunk, not to mention how difficult it would be to rip open the locked trunk of a car normally. Most of his strength feats have to do with his legs tbh as he can kick open bank vaults, doors, and tree trunks. His legs are easily class 10. laughing

Warlord
stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Another myth: the one where Spider-Man's webbing can stop Class 100's despite piles of evidence to the contrary.

Parmaniac
Another myth: the one where Spider-Man's webbing can stop Class 100's despite piles of evidence to the contrary. No it can't I say that as a big Spider-man fan smile, Hulk always (IIRC) easily tore it apart.

Omega Vision
No it can't I say that as a big Spider-man fan smile, Hulk always (IIRC) easily tore it apart.
As did Thor. In fact he stated that he could tear apart the webs as if they didn't exist, they were like ordinary cobwebs to him. That Valtiz guy was hilarious with his "Spidey webs Colossus for the win."

Parmaniac
As did Thor. In fact he stated that he could tear apart the webs as if they didn't exist, they were like ordinary cobwebs to him. That Valtiz guy was hilarious with his "Spidey webs Colossus for the win." Hm i would say it can help him for example webbing the eyes to distract them for a short time but webbing them down ftw isn't going to work against bricks

EDIT: His webbing got insane feats though

Omega Vision
Hm i would say it can help him for example webbing the eyes to distract them for a short time but webbing them down ftw isn't going to work against bricks

EDIT: His webbing got insane feats though
I just made a thread that asks the question of what the limits of the webbing are in the eyes of the forumites. I say Class 20-30 under normal circumstances if even that.

Philosophía
The anti-Apocalypse/"Table" jokes. Nobody cares about Apocalypse anymore, tbh.
Originally posted by Enyalus
2) Superman is no where close to 'approaching his PC power levels.' In his average portrayals? I agree, especially lately with the New Krypton storyline. Under his highest portrayals, like the one from Grant Morrison? He definitley does.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
1.) The general lowballing of Wonder Woman is something I'd like to do away with. I think it's common sense that Superman is her superior in terms of physical stats and overall power, but given her own powers, skills, and equipment, I can't see how people claim that Superman, Thor, Hulk or other bricks stomp her one-on-one. To that end, I'd also like it if people understood just how powerful (and capable of one-shotting people) the lasso is. Most people just ignore the effects it has besides the truth aspect and don't get how it works in the midst of combat. thumb up

quanchi112
1. Wonder Woman lowballing has to stop.

2. Thanos lost against Odin, deal with it fanboys.

3. The myth that Batman isn't Captain America's equal in terms of strength and MA skill.

4. That prick Omega Vision. He needs to get out of here. sneer

stick out tongue 2.If you read the comic and visit marvel they state the battle ended in a standoff.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I'd like to add the Thor is too slow vs. super speedsters and will always lose to them threads. He repeatedly beats foes with a super strength/super speed powerset. If you ingore ho whe matches up against them and argue based on powersets while completely ignoring Thor's skill then sure.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by SamZED

Agreed-as skilled as Cap is, no way his punches or kicks should hurt someone with that level of power.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Agreed-as skilled as Cap is, no way his punches or kicks should hurt someone with that level of power. Originally posted by Deadline
Your in no position to laugh Captain America has been doing shit like that for ages, no PIS there at all.

There you have it: Caps fist > nuclear weapons

Mshinu

Spidey DID refer to Cap`s punch as a pint-sized nuke wink

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mshinu
Spidey DID refer to Cap`s punch as a pint-sized nuke wink Don't start taht man I already see it coming the new form of nerve strikes, molecular strikes, atom strikes and anti-matter strikes. I hope no Marvel writer reads this...

Mshinu
Don't start taht man I already see it coming the new form of nerve strikes, molecular strikes, atom strikes and anti-matter strikes. I hope no Marvel writer reads this...

you forgot chi amping... stick out tongue

-Pr-
Not sure this should stay open, but...

Character hate - You don't like a character? Then don't post in their threads. Don't go in there attempting to make them look bad and instead making a show of yourself.

Company Bias - Some people pick one company over another and will vote for one character based entirely on what company they come from. It has to stop.

Basic Knowledge - If you don't read a fair amount of varied comics about a character, then don't post in their threads. You're only showing how stupid you are with your lack of actual knowledge.

Lowballing:

Wonder Woman
Batman vs any MA from Marvel
Daredevil
Cyclops
Superman
Any Green Lantern against Norrin

etcetera.

The Nuul

facepalm

Harbinger
In general, DC MAs seem to get lowballed, not just Batman.

Deadline
Originally posted by -Pr-

Character hate - You don't like a character? Then don't post in their threads. Don't go in there attempting to make them look bad and instead making a show of yourself.

Company Bias - Some people pick one company over another and will vote for one character based entirely on what company they come from. It has to stop.

Basic Knowledge - If you don't read a fair amount of varied comics about a character, then don't post in their threads. You're only showing how stupid you are with your lack of actual knowledge.

Lowballing:

Wonder Woman
Batman vs any MA from Marvel
Daredevil
Cyclops
Superman
Any Green Lantern against Norrin

etcetera.

Oh and Punisher showing feats and calling them PIS. wink

Basically yeah. Martial arts in comics are like superpowers. I don't Like It It Didn't Happen.

The Nuul

Lowballing:

I agree with this...

Adding in fanboyism.

-Pr-
Oh and Punisher showing feats and calling them PIS. wink

god no.

Deadline
god no.

Well that was pretty much what you were doing.

-Pr-
Well that was pretty much what you were doing.

if it was PIS, then it was PIS.

Deadline
if it was PIS, then it was PIS.

Except you don't know enough about the character to know what PIS is.

-Pr-
Except you don't know enough about the character to know what PIS is.

how would you know?

and this really isn't the thread for this.

The Nuul
I can see this thread getting locked.

Deadline
how would you know?

Easily. I pretty much explained it to you in my last post to you. Also when im debating with you you can clearly see you haven't read as much as I have. Its like me sometimes trying to debate Superman with you.

and this really isn't the thread for this.

True actually.

-Pr-
Easily. I pretty much explained it to you in my last post to you. Also when im debating with you you can clearly see you haven't read as much as I have. Its like me sometimes trying to debate Superman with you.

True actually.

just because i haven't read as much as you doesn't mean i haven't read a substantial amount.

and yet, you've tried that.

Deadline
just because i haven't read as much as you doesn't mean i haven't read a substantial amount.

..and as I explained to you that wasn't enough. As I pointed out to you most of your perception of what Punisher can do probably comes from the Mike Baron era which blatantly shows you have an incomplete idea of what hes capable of.

and yet, you've tried that.

Not sure what you mean, but I think I agreed in the end I had to read more which is why I get into a debate with you I try not to make sweeping generlisations.

Ok I shouldn't have started this but I don't like double standards. I don't like seeing you ***** about people calling Superman feats PIS and then doing the exact same thing to Punisher. facepalm

The Nuul
..and as I explained to you that wasn't enough. As I pointed out to you most of your perception of what Punisher can do probably comes from the Mike Baron era which blatantly shows you have an incomplete idea of what hes capable of.

Not sure what you mean, but I think I agreed in the end I had to read more which is why I get into a debate with you I try not to make sweeping generlisations.

Ok I shouldn't have started this but I don't like double standards. I don't like seeing you ***** about people calling Superman feats PIS and then doing the exact same thing to Punisher. facepalm

Supes doesnt have PIS in his comics, you should know that.

Badabing
Sometimes for whatever reason, perhaps mostly repetition by fanboys, some characters overtime are accepted as being able to take on people they should lose to, or vice versa.

What are the top 3 myths regarding characters power levels that you'd want to fix in the Comics Vs section?

Lately, I've seen Wonder Woman being championed as a very close contender against Superman (I believe in the past, not many people would've supported this view). That would be one example of what this thread is about (I'm not saying I agree with it or not).

Or maybe, you don't think Green Lantern is as close as a match/ or is way more powerful than the Silver Surfer etc.

Sometimes these things really frustrate me, and I'm sure people want to set a few things straight too. While I know that after this thread passes nothing is really gonna change, its still good to get your opinion out there.

What do you guys think?

Ok my first little rant:

One thing I really dislike is the notion is that Spider-man always loses to Martial Artists - even peak human ones. The guy takes regular blows from class 10-ton+ enemies. A peak human blow isn't going to affect him in a PIS-less battle, unless possibly if it was a nerve strike. Also MA was developed for humans, it really wouldn't take advantage of Spider-mans other abilities, so Spider-man's style is not "bad" at all, its just the most effective way of fighting for his powerset. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474929&highlight=myth+forumid%3A95

Edit: Just read the posts. Too many people starting on other posters. That's why threads like this will get closed in the Vs Forum.

And Deadline, starting up with a mod who wasn't even posting to you...not the smartest move. Every character has PIS. I've seen you go at Wolverine fans tooth and nail over the same ideals that you're backing regarding a certain character. sneer

biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.