Back to the Future Reboot or Continuation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Would you like to see something like this?

Reboot, who would you cast in the roles? Would you keep the iconic Delorian? Would you want to go back to the "future" and give us an updated view of what Marty McFly might see in 30 years time?

If they were to make a continuation of the series, how would you like it to be? Marty's son? Doc's sons? Someone later down the family line?

jinXed by JaNx
Marty gets to meet his grandchildren. Upon a visit the kids find an old picture of doc and questions ensue. MArty ends up becoming the kinds favorite storyteller . Due to a struggling economy, Marty is widowed. and his Kids haven't grown up to be all that great. On a dark and stormy night marty is asked to watch the grandchildren. Dock busts in through the roof and begins searching for his picture, screaming , Marty..., marty....,marty....LMAO

SnakeEyes
Don't think I'd want a reboot. It wouldn't be as good without Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox. No, not at all.

K.Diddy
beer To be honest, I think the Back 2 the future trilogy should just be left alone.

coolmovies
I agree leave it alone

MildPossession
Indeed, no more of them, leave them as a trilogy forever.

Impediment
Christopher Lloyd is epic as Dr. Brown.

I say leave as is.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. And who would play Marty as good as Michael J Fox?

K.Diddy
smile Chuck norris

crystallake
If I absolutely HAD to choose one - like, if my nutsack was being dangled dangerously close to an overheated DeLorean Flux Capacitor and I was told I had to choose or risk losing the ability to produce my own little McFlys - then I'd go with the reboot. But only in the case of imminent nut scorching - otherwise, let the original stand as it is.

Besides, if you're going to remake a time travel movie, why not FINALLY try to do a GOOD remake of the original "The Time Machine"?

Spartan005
NO

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Indeed. And who would play Marty as good as Michael J Fox?

Seth Rogan, the fat miniature Seth Rogan look-alike( you know, that fat kid with the fuzzy hair?), Collin Hanks or Shia Leabeuowerewolf. Those are the obvious choices because them are the actors they're raising to be all of the next comedic replacements. I can't hate, Shia and Collin seem like cool and talented people.

Yeah, if they remake (reboot, retool or re-fuk-up) back to the future, while robert Zemeckis is still living...,i will have lost all faith in film. They already tainted Star Wars and Indy. Let us have this one last vestige.

Tired-Hiker
I'd like to see it re-booted but with a completely different cast and maybe not in such a comedic way. Imagine if you will the characters of Trainspotting as being the main characters of the re-boot. Not only would they be time travelling and trying to figure out how to return to the future and so forth, but they'd be doing it during a heavy heroin binge, or whilst on heroin or some other dangerous drug or drugs.

steverules_2
There was already a continuation, the back the future animated series was set after part 3...but thats if people can really consider the animated series as a continuation

Mr Parker
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Would you like to see something like this?

Reboot, who would you cast in the roles? Would you keep the iconic Delorian? Would you want to go back to the "future" and give us an updated view of what Marty McFly might see in 30 years time?

If they were to make a continuation of the series, how would you like it to be? Marty's son? Doc's sons? Someone later down the family line?

Naw just keep it as trilogy like they did.Besides the second and third one werent all that great anyways.It would be doing the same thing as superman,starting it all over again when there was no need to in the first place.

Robtard
Probably be Shia Lebeouf as Marty, Jeff Daniels as Doc Brown and the Delorean replaced with whatever POS GM is trying to peddle.

viccolquhoun
Well in this day in age it's clear looking at the past 10 years worth of box office releases that nothing is safe from either reboot or continuations my point of evidence, rocky balboa, scream 4, die hard 4.0, and upcoming american reunion, mission impossible 4 and as for reboot's batman's, spider-man's, hulks, and upcoming conan, footloose etc. So I'm personally sure it is just a matter of time before a cinematic institution such as BTTF is touched, so in that case I think the only option would be reboot, with Fox's ongoing health issues and general age issues with the rest of the cast. So who would I cast, I would go for someone upcoming and potentially talented as Marty maybe one of the twins off of suite life on deck, possibly the main guy from twilight saga, michael cera or maybe even daniel radcliffe if he could pull of american accent. As for the doc, only one name could jump out at me to really make the potential film credible and that is Jim Carey no other. As for support cast any number of people, heard someone mention Seth Rogen, good possible George McFly if I'm honest and maybe a anne hathaway or miley cyrus or something for Loraine, oh and Biff could be well played by a jack black if he could look young enough for high school biff (got Jack Black neverending story 3 in my head when I think him.) Anyway that's my thoughts, though still of the opinion leave well alone lol

StephenJondrew
My vote would be to leave it a lone. I would DEFINITELY not want to see a reboot. If I HAD to pick one it'd be a continuation, but I think it kind of would be out of place since a lot of the ideas came from back in the 80s.

I say leave it alone. Back to the Future is one of the movie series that I can watch ANY of them at any given time and still enjoy them and still get excited for them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.