Abraxas vs Maelstrom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
this Maelstorm @ peak (w/bands & after he kill Anomaly & Eon)

fight to death & no BFR

galactusischere
Mr.Master has spoken.
Originally posted by Mr Master
Oh, and Abraxas >>> Maelstrom, anytime any day.
(Maelstrom needed a plot device to take out reality
and was stalemated by an Infinity-empowered Quasar) erm

Thanos/IG >>> Abraxas

Abraxas was more powerful than 616 Eternity/Infinity (the energy source of all Universes)
Abraxas destroyed many entire Universes just by approaching them,
he displayed influence over reality across all realities simultaneously,
he was the coming destruction of the Omniverse,
and lastly, it took arguably the most powerful weapon in Marvel to defeat him.

Still though,
Thanos/IG like Warlock/IG were supreme beings beneath only the LT,
so, all that jazz means little.

Abraxas stomps I guess.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by galactusischere

Abraxas stomps I guess. wild guess? stick out tongue

ok but UN > Abraxas

AND

incomplete IG > UN (at least some ppl think that)

AND

if Maelstrom = complete IG (somme ppl also think that ^^)

then Mealstrom outa be > Abraxas...?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Mr.Master has spoken.

Abraxas stomps I guess.
mr master post contradics itself.

he said abraxas>>maelstrom
and thanos with IG>>>abraxas.

maelstrom stalemated the IG. yes

Mr Master
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

mr master post contradics itself.

he said abraxas>>maelstrom
and thanos with IG>>>abraxas.

maelstrom stalemated the IG.
laughing ... that's funny, when Maelstrom never ever confronted anyone with the IG.

So, Colossus-Big C's post contradicts truth.

What is true, is that Maelstrom was still below a conceptual abstract being (Oblivion)
and Maelstrom was stalemated by an Infinity amped Quasar.

Thanos/IG stomped the most powerful abstract easily. smile

SoulDevourer
btw dint Thanos w/IG ERASE Eternity?

K Von Doom
laughing ... that's funny, when Maelstrom never ever confronted anyone with the IG.

I thought he confronted Thanos

Colossus-Big C

So, Colossus-Big C's post contradicts truth.

What is true, is that Maelstrom was still below a conceptual abstract being (Oblivion)
and Maelstrom was stalemated by an Infinity amped Quasar.

Thanos/IG stomped the most powerful abstract easily. smile
Maelstrom stalemated thanos when he had the IG. thats fact suck it up

Mr Master

Maelstrom stalemated thanos when he had the IG. thats fact suck it up
A fact? ... laughing out loud

I challenge you to produce a scan and/or Marvel comic referrence to that fallacy.

Colossus-Big C
I challenge you to produce a scan and/or Marvel comic referrence to that fallacy. I wouldnt be able to scan it now because im on a labtop, but this is directly from marvunapp

He also visited Thanos, then-wielder of the Infinity Gems, and mocked his claims of godhood. When Thanos declared himself God to Maelstrom, Maelstrom retorted, "In that case, Thanos, you've just met an atheist." Despite Thanos' best efforts, he could not affect Maelstrom with the gems.

ill show the scan when i get home

SoulDevourer
i think hes talkin about the part where Malestrom insult Thanos, then Thanos calls him an insect & blast him with the IG but Malestrom survive & teleports away...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
i think hes talkin about the part where Malestrom insult Thanos, then Thanos calls him an insect & blast him with the IG but Malestrom survive & teleports away... then he goes and taunts the celestials, then galactus...

psycho gundam
A fact? ... laughing out loud

I challenge you to produce a scan and/or Marvel comic referrence to that fallacy. you might be forgetting maelstrom showboating to all the "entities of destruction" when he was amped.

the infamous "maelstrom/thanos w/ig incident".

Mr Master
I wouldnt be able to scan it now because im on a labtop, but this is directly from marvunapp

He also visited Thanos, then-wielder of the Infinity Gems, and mocked his claims of godhood. When Thanos declared himself God to Maelstrom, Maelstrom retorted, "In that case, Thanos, you've just met an atheist." Despite Thanos' best efforts, he could not affect Maelstrom with the gems.

ill show the scan when i get home
Thanos's best efforts? no expression

Thanos (in his IG wielding infancy) blasted him once, and that's it.

You call that his 'best efforts?"

I like the Marvunnapp site but please ...
anyway, you won't see that silly statement in any Handbook.

Mr Master
Originally posted by psycho gundam

you might be forgetting maelstrom showboating to all the "entities of destruction" when he was amped.

the infamous "maelstrom/thanos w/ig incident".
Nah, I haven't forgotten at all.

Maelstrom showboated to beings below the abstracts like a Celestial and Galactus,
but he never showboated to the cosmic hierarchy.

As for the infamous "maelstrom/thanos w/ig incident" ...
nothing special happened, ...
Thanos blasted him once,
Maelstrom seems to be vaporized in a cloud of dust,
Maelstrom re-appears,
Maelstrom leaves the scene.

Warlock blasted Eternity once too,
and Eternity survived, spoke immediately after that
and even proceeded with Warlock's trial.

Yet we know Eternity would get curbstomped by the IG.

Colossus-Big C
Thanos's best efforts? no expression

Thanos (in his IG wielding infancy) blasted him once, and that's it.

You call that his 'best efforts?"

I like the Marvunnapp site but please ...
anyway, you won't see that silly statement in any Handbook. it was a best effort. thanos was angered like hell. even if it was one blast thanos could of just follow him when he teleported and kill him.
also oblivion was the only abstract unaffected.

Mr Master

it was a best effort. thanos was angered like hell.
That's your opinion, and the misinterpretation of Marvunnapp (they're not perfect you know)

What we do know, is that one blast is all Thanos did,
and considering Maelstrom was the Anomaly,
it's reasonable that it would take more than one blast,
since as the anomaly he was unlike any other, while all others got stomped easily.

Go look at the battle between Thanos and the abstracts,
then you'll see Thanos fighting to win.

even if it was one blast thanos could of just follow him when he teleported and kill him.
But the writer did not dare add that in,
because he would've been forced to make Thanos stomp Maelstrom,
and this was unacceptable, since Maelstrom had a story to complete in the Quasar issues.

also oblivion was the only abstract unaffected.
Another fallacy.

Oblivion never confronted Thanos,
and Oblivion has never had anything to do with the IG.

SoulDevourer
it was a best effort. thanos was angered like hell. then why dint Adams IG blast destroy Eternity? confused

quanchi112
then why dint Adams IG blast destroy Eternity? confused Exactly.

K Von Doom
then why dint Adams IG blast destroy Eternity? confused

Warlock isn't the killing sort. Thanos is a nihilist.
Warlock was on trial in the presence of a higher power, he was being questioned.
Thanos was on his throne thinking he was the supreme being, he was then mocked.
Who do you think would lash out with more rage and power?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Warlock isn't the killing sort. Thanos is a nihilist.
Warlock was on trial in the presence of a higher power, he was being questioned.
Thanos was on his throne thinking he was the supreme being, he was then mocked.
Who do you think would lash out with more rage and power? then why Adam also look pissed & whys his blast WAAAY bigger then Thanos lil hand-blast? confused
and hes got IG, he thinks hes omnipotent so he thinks he aint got anything to fear from LT...

btw Adams suppose to be crazy...unlike Thanos...so if anything Adams more then the "killing sort", hes the "killing then bringing back & killing again" sort lol

Mindset

btw Adams suppose to be crazy...unlike Thanos...so if anything Adams more then the "killing sort", hes the "killing then bringing back & killing again" sort lol Huh?

Enyalus
Warlock blasted Eternity once too,
and Eternity survived, spoke immediately after that
and even proceeded with Warlock's trial.

Yet we know Eternity would get curbstomped by the IG.
Good point.

K Von Doom
then why Adam also look pissed & whys his blast WAAAY bigger then Thanos lil hand-blast? confused
and hes got IG, he thinks hes omnipotent so he thinks he aint got anything to fear from LT...

btw Adams suppose to be crazy...unlike Thanos...so if anything Adams more then the "killing sort", hes the "killing then bringing back & killing again" sort lol

I don't buy the 'Adam is suppose to be crazy' statement. Thanos needs little reason to kill. Thanos killed a whole planet of mercenaries just to see how his fighting skill was. He killed half a universe to please a girl. He killed the heroes with no remorse. He killed his mom. If Thanos had any reason to kill, it would be someone who mocked his godhood. What has Adam done that's 'crazy' on the level of the above, or what has he done to demonstrate a disregard for life that's on the level of Thanos? Do you think he would have fired an Eternity-killing blast in front of the LT and the other cosmics?

I wasn't pointing out that Adam was scared of the LT. My point was that it was a formal setting attended by the LT so any disruption to the trial would be removed and any harm directed to the other cosmics would immediately be negated or undone by the LT so it such an attack would be pointless. Adam was omniscient, he knew this, at the end of the issue he said he played out the scene countless of times. However, I don't think Adam would be the type to shoot an Eternity-killing-blast anyway. Even Thanos the 'Mad' Titan didn't do that and Thanos is far more ballsy than Warlock. What was Adam gonna do, kill Eternity and then plead his case to the LT that he's stable enough to be the Supreme Being? The blast looked big because his target was big and about 3 steps away. The blast against Maelstrom came from, what, 6 storeys up with the angle looking down at the human sized Maelstrom?

Now compare the trial setting to the setting when Thanos was insulted. What was holding Thanos back from firing a killing blast? Thanos was adept with the Infinity Gems, he would have been aware of Maelstrom's activities and would know the status he's attained. Surely you're not saying Thanos fired a weak blast at someone who mocked his claims of godhood? What would have been the point of a weak blast?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What has Adam done that's 'crazy' on the level of the above, or what has he done to demonstrate a disregard for life that's on the level of Thanos? Do you think he would have fired an Eternity-killing blast in front of the LT and the other cosmics?whats Adam done? he got LT to rule AGAINST him thats what he done, LT dint rule against Thanos and he rule against Adam, so => Adam waay crazier then Thanos, fact (unless LT was wrong? lol)

so what if Adam kill Eternity? it means hes strong enuf to take his place, thats EXACLY what Thanos did so why woud LT rule against Adam just for that ("the strong kill the weak" or something, LT himself said thats normal thats how universe works & it aint no crime)he wasnt that omnisient cos he dint know LT could bring the abstracts back, thats why he says "thats impossible" when LT did it!huh he dint know nothing about Malestrom thats why he ask Mephisto "who was that?" he dint know what he was dealing with (thats why he dint know what it takes to kill someone he knew nothing about) then why they make Adams blast a lot bigger? confused maybe cos that blast was a lot stronger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.