Spectre/The Word/Lucifer Morningstar vs Nekron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
Corrigan is the Spectre

I know Nekron's true power hasn't been fully displayed and like with all God characters they lose in the end

Can Team One win

Harbinger
I would think that either The Word or Lucy would be sufficient, but I admittedly don't know much about DC cosmics.

guy222
Johns has promised a lot

At least, Nekron's long weapon is impressive

laughing out loud

galactusischere
Meh, anyone on team 1 can solo IMO.

guy222
Tell me how Lucy wins

I'm not picking a winner

I am seeing how everyone views Nekron and if yall believe his power will rival GEB

kevdude
Doesn't seem like it, Nekron is a version of Death but not Death herself. Team 1 for me

galactusischere
Originally posted by guy222
Tell me how Lucy wins

I'm not picking a winner

I am seeing how everyone views Nekron and if yall believe his power will rival GEB

Nekron hasn't done anything to impressive me, so far. He is just hype. lucy on the other hand, death herself feared.

guy222
Thankies friend

Always good to see a fellow The Word fan(Kev) smile

http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/6853/6db98668524632.gif http://thumbnails11.imagebam.com/6853/4c35e268524644.gif http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/6853/1daca268524651.gif

xJLxKing
Like Guy posted, Spectre can't beat Nekron. If he uses a body/host, Nekron will control it. If it uses his spirit only, he is no match. Though, Lucifer and The word is another matter. I think they can beat him

Parmaniac
Originally posted by galactusischere
Nekron hasn't done anything to impressive me, so far. He is just hype. It's not wise to say that before the event that is all about that character isn't finished...

guy222
Nice art in the latest GL

Nekron looks awesome

Aforementioned, all God characters lose in the end. Hope, Johns delivers a great ending

Omega Vision
Team, though the Spectre is useless in this case. IMO though I don't think the Spectre should be limited to only judging souls, does that mean he's powerless against a robot? laughing out loud Seems like the Spectre has more and more restrictions added every crisis to the point that he's useless now.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
does that mean he's powerless against a robot? I asked myself the exact same question in the moment I've read that. laughing

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I asked myself the exact same question in the moment I've read that. laughing
Hey Spectre could you hand me my cell phone?

Does your cell phone have a soul?

...No.

Then I'm afraid I can't help you.

xJLxKing
No. Spectre can still fight souless beings. Right now, he has no Host. He also only tried to judge Nekron, but he never fought him. In my opinion, when Spectre judges a being, that is his ultimate attack. For this to occur, their soul must be tainted with sins. Nekron never had a soul to being without. Think of it as Ghost Rider from the movie where he fight BH.

Though, we have seen Spectre use attack on beings without attacking their tainted soul. He just doesn't have the privileges to fight Nekron

Parmaniac
Originally posted by xJLxKing
No. Spectre can still fight souless beings. Right now, he has no Host. He also only tried to judge Nekron, but he never fought him. In my opinion, when Spectre judges a being, that is his ultimate attack. For this to occur, their soul must be tainted with sins. Nekron never had a soul to being without. Think of it as Ghost Rider from the movie where he fight BH.

Though, we have seen Spectre use attack on beings without attacking their tainted soul. He just doesn't have the privileges to fight Nekron
Why shouldn't he have privileges to fight him? And it's not like it's just didn't work, Nekron walked through him and Spectre was argggggg and disappeared

xJLxKing
Why shouldn't he have privileges to fight him? And and not like it's just didn't work Nekron walked through him and Spectre was argggggg and disappeared
I think that part was just for the awesomeness stick out tongue

But it most likely has to be that Spectre is a Spirit and Nekron told him to begone wink

It seems the presence doesn't want Nekron judged

Parmaniac
I think that part was just for the awesomeness stick out tongue

But it most likely has to be that Spectre is a Spirit and Nekron told him to begone wink

It seems the presence doesn't want Nekron judged Then the Presence is an @sshole

xJLxKing
Then the Presence is an @sshole
He works in mysterious ways wink

Parmaniac
He works in mysterious ways wink Yeah same as my @sshole, it does what it wants it's a sentient being.

xJLxKing
Yeah same as my @sshole, it does what it wants it's a sentient being. laughing

AsbestosFlaygon
facepalm

What has DC done to The Spectre?

He has become the worst cosmic jobber in comics in recent history.

They should let The Spectre be under Alan Moore's penmanship again.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
facepalm

What has DC done to The Spectre?

He has become the worst cosmic jobber in comics in recent history.

They should let The Spectre be under Alan Moore's penmanship again.
Unfortunately Alan Moore working in DC again is never going to happen. But yes under Moore Spectre was like the Living Tribunal.

xJLxKing
^ Why not?

guy222
Hoping Spectre has some good showings later in the yr

WhiteWitchKing
^ Why not?

lol. WATCHMEN!!!!

JakeTheBank
I think the "soul judging" is basically Spectre's one-hit KO, so to speak. He can still unleash a massive amount of firepower and divine/mystical energy manipulation. I read it as Spectre basically trying to finish off Nekron as quickly as possible. Once he realized he couldn't do away with him easily, he got BFRed before he could fight Nekron in the conventional sense. The way I see it, if you have no soul, he can't judge you, but that doesn't mean he can't blast you or anything.

AsbestosFlaygon
Oh, never noticed we were using Jim Corrigan Spectre.

In that case, Alan Moore's Spectre, The Word, and Lucifer FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.