SO....Neo vs Superman???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scenictragedy
So I saw this argument somewhere else on the site and I would like to point out that in order to fight Neo superman would have to enter the Matrix therefore losing all his physical powers and rendering him pathetic. And since Superman was made in what the 70s we all know that it is very unlikely that he would be good with a computer. Superman would win in the real world but in the Matrix, where superman would have to fight Neo, NEO IS SUPERMAN!!!!!

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by scenictragedy
So I saw this argument somewhere else on the site and I would like to point out that in order to fight Neo superman would have to enter the Matrix therefore losing all his physical powers and rendering him pathetic. And since Superman was made in what the 70s we all know that it is very unlikely that he would be good with a computer. Superman would win in the real world but in the Matrix, where superman would have to fight Neo, NEO IS SUPERMAN!!!!!

Wouldn't Superman think that the Matrix is the real deal, like Neo did in Matrix 1. So he would assume he has his powers and because he would believe this he would have them.

Hell Lancer
he's superman. he's a dumbass.

Endless Mike
It's been a while since I saw the movies but don't those machines have to penetrate your skin to put you in the Matrix? I don't think they could break Superman's skin

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
he's superman. he's a dumbass.

No, he's very intelligent.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
No, he's very intelligent.

thumb up

He's even improved on some of his father's work, iirc. Not to mention Superman has been inside of virtual reality type dimensions/situations before. Provided he can actually go inside the Matrix, his willpower and sense of belief wouldn't make him helpless, imo.

I'll be nice and not point out what else is wrong with the opening post.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

He's even improved on some of his father's work, iirc. Not to mention Superman has been inside of virtual reality type dimensions/situations before. Provided he can actually go inside the Matrix, his willpower and sense of belief wouldn't make him helpless, imo.

I'll be nice and not point out what else is wrong with the opening post.

I'm the dark side of your conscience so I'll do it for you.

JakeTheBank: Yes OP, because 70s Superman is the most current version of Superman. He also has no h2h training either there sir! I mean WW and Batman never sparred with him.

scenictragedy
all good arguments! that is very true about his skin!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I'm the dark side of your conscience so I'll do it for you.

JakeTheBank: Yes OP, because 70s Superman is the most current version of Superman. He also has no h2h training either there sir! I mean WW and Batman never sparred with him.

laughing

vortector
If Superman were somehow linked up in the matrix he would be vulnerable in many ways. The difference is; he wouldn't have to figure out he's in a machine - his own knowledge of what he could do would still make him impervious to any attacks. Now if he became aware of what the matrix was - he would become even more powerful. Neo would still get the upperhand because he is, in a sense; at one with the network.

The biggest booster is that if Superman died in the Matrix; he would not die in reality - as determined by many comics (he cannot die). But that is unfair in a real world battle.

What would make the biggest difference is that Superman would not worry about dodging bullets and just snatch up Neo and F* him up.

Now Neo, being as innovative as he is; would merely conjure up some Kryptonite and Superman is now toast.

What would make the biggest difference is if you said Agent Smith vs. Superman.

Superman would stand no chance whatsoever in the Matrix. And after Superman became Agent Smith, neither would the rest of the world.

Cartesian Doubt
The Machines wouldn't need anybody else hooked to their machines, if they could hook Superman up to their power supply. The guys a Hyper Solar Battery - he absorbs ENORMOUS amounts of solar radiation via some obviously exotic means. Although maybe Sky being scorched would reduced his power supply.

bredpit
Well all are fare arguments, everyone shares the right points as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.