Leon Belmont vs Dante (Dante's Inferno)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Can't say that these two are similar in some ways.

Both men fought in the Crusades. Both men got royally screwed over. Both men are fighting to rescue their loved ones.

So what happens if the founder of the Belmont clan takes on the scythe-wielding warrior inside Walter's throne room?

Leon has his powered-up Vampire Killer and the Cross, while Dante has his scythe and his Holy Cross.

Who wins this match?

Sin_Volvagia
Funny, I was actually planning to make this thread.

I think I'll go with Leon for the area damage though, I don't know what Dante's Martyrdom does since I never got it.

Burning thought
Its a holy AoE, its got good distance. Launches the enemy into the air and then explodes damaging them. Often killing with the right relics.

(although calling it holy may be easy but it may be wrong, the Heretics who can shield themselves from holy cross attacks cannot shield Martydom)

Sin_Volvagia
Now that I've seen Martyrdom and Leon's whip action, my view has changed. Leon is superior in close range but Dante can even it up with Redemption mode and the Divine Armor.

Leon can use several AoE magics and throw many projectiles but Dante has Martyrdom and homing crosses. Plus, he has Lustful winds which does damage in close range and destroy projectiles (if they're not powerful ones).

Because Leon has no stopclock, he loses.

CosmicComet
Ahhhh Lament of Innocence was a good Castlevania game, I never got to finish it though, got to the part where he fights a shadow clone of himself or something but then had to return it to a friend.

Don't know much about Dante's Inferno other than the short demo I saw where he beats the Grim Reaper, so I can't say for sure.

Leon through awesome stage music till further notice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohscTU5PZc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.