X-Men: Second Coming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6237/allunite.jpg

The final part of the trilogy that started in Messiah Complex

Intended as a conclusion to Cable's efforts to save Hope from Bishop, who has hunted the so called Mutant Messiah since her birth; the series also builds on the Utopia, Nation X and Necrosha storylines of 2009 in the X-Men books.

The story centers on the return of Cable and Hope Summers to the present day and Bastion's final campaign to destroy the X-Men

Disappear
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/02/16/x-men-second-coming-event/

bunch of event-related teaser images

Kazenji
I'll most likey be getting it since it involves the X-Force Book.

pinksushi1
Will Apocalypse be involved in this story line?

galactusischere
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Will Apocalypse be involved in this story line?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by galactusischere

You answered my question with a question?

sad sad

Anyway, Apocalypse said that he would be back for Hope Summers.

Kazenji
Preview for Part 1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4749&disp=table

Deadline
Is that jean Grey?

Kazenji
Hope could possibly be her.

ExodusCloak
Hope is not Jean Grey.

Apocalypse is not part of this storyline.

BruceSkywalker
i will be buying this

Digi
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6237/allunite.jpg

The final part of the trilogy that started in Messiah Complex

Intended as a conclusion to Cable's efforts to save Hope from Bishop, who has hunted the so called Mutant Messiah since her birth; the series also builds on the Utopia, Nation X and Necrosha storylines of 2009 in the X-Men books.

The story centers on the return of Cable and Hope Summers to the present day and Bastion's final campaign to destroy the X-Men

Why is Cyclops leaking? It looks like a 5-year-old took a red crayon to a page of art.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
Why is Cyclops leaking? It looks like a 5-year-old took a red crayon to a page of art. what? that's shadow dood.

the art looks fantastic imo.

ExodusCloak
Wow, this was actually good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Hope is not Jean Grey.

Then why does she have the phoenix?

ExodusCloak
Then why does she have the phoenix?

It's a very long and difficult retcon to explain but the Second Coming: The Promise one-shot clearly states that for this story Jean is the host to a separate entitiy known as the PF.

Rachel was once meant to be the child of Jean and the Phoenix...but that was crap and sounds like crap so I doubt they're using that story for Hope.

You'll just have to wait and see but she's not Jean.

Preview for Chapter 2:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4811&disp=table

Alpha Centauri
I enjoyed the opening issue.

I have a feeling this could be the kind of storyline I originally liked the X-Men comics for. I base this on nothing.

-AC

HueyFreeman
I might like it because of Bastion. I love a good sentinel story. They tend to feel like a shadow of the past when X-men was in its prime.

willRules
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I might like it because of Bastion. I love a good sentinel story. They tend to feel like a shadow of the past when X-men was in its prime.

thumb up

Love the sentinels!

AlmightyKfish
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25592

So, bets anyone?

I'm gonna take Nightcrawler, as you know, then conveniently enough the most ethical X-man is out of the way. Laying the path for more sanctioned mass murder.

willRules
I hope not, Nightcrawler is one of my favourites! It would make sense though....

I predict that Since this is going to deal once and for all with the Hope plot that has been running since Messiah Complex and Cable's mission is to guard Hope, by the end of this event Cable will either end up on the current rooster or die. Hope will also either be dead or on the team. I'm thinking for her, more likely the latter.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25592

So, bets anyone?

I'm gonna take Nightcrawler, as you know, then conveniently enough the most ethical X-man is out of the way. Laying the path for more sanctioned mass murder.

I have some candidates:

Nightcrawler:Not too much has been done with the character and he's been questioning Scott lately.

Cable:He accomplished his job to protect Hope. He raised her much like Slim and Red raised him in the future. I wonder what his death will trigger in Hope.

Hope:They could kill her only to be reborn as a Phoenix (not Jean). Maybe her death will undo Wanda's curse. Thats a long shot though as she was not in that teaser image.

Alpha Centauri
Does anyone besides me wonder what they're gonna do with Bishop's plight now?

He racked up a Samurai Jack-esque body count while trying to stop Hope, the least they could do is give him a bone and say he was right. Bishop has been useless for so long.

-AC

willRules
No, Bishop won't be right because he's killed too many people. Even if Hope is responsible for the events of his future, it still won't come to pass.

Bishop can only be right to the extent that Hope's powers are destructive in nature with the potential to cause his future, but the X-men will obviously save the day.

Personally I'm hoping the opposite will be true. Cable's right and Hope is the mutant saviour, unfortunately, Cable dies. This would bring a brilliant element of ring composition to his character. Cable has come full circle, being the old soldier out of time, able to raise a child through time like his father did and bringing it all back to present day culminating in his death.

ExodusCloak
New Mutants #12 Preview:
It has been a while since I've enjoyed the X-books, they just went all hellboy on her ass.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4854&disp=table

Alpha Centauri
I read the second installment of Second Coming today and, I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's very exciting as far as pacing is concerned. I hope they don't just gloss over the revelation of Cyclops forming X-Force, because that seems too big of a deal to the people who found it out. It must be hard for Hope to come back into this time and see things that allude to care-free teenage life, knowing she's essentially just a soldier with no childhood. They convey it well.

On a side note, the cover to New Mutants #12 is mind-blowingly immaculate. Adi Granov can really draw.

I agree, Will. I really love Cable's character, I like what he represents and I think this would be a perfectly fitting swan song. Provided he stays gone for a good while.

-AC

H. S. 6
W. T. F? blink

willRules
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I agree, Will. I really love Cable's character, I like what he represents and I think this would be a perfectly fitting swan song. Provided he stays gone for a good while.

-AC

yes Absolutely.

The whole "Messiah" trilogy has really been a Cable centric story, even more so than Hope herself. Messiah Complex was all about him coming back to the future to prevent events that would cause the downfall of Mutantkind- just like when he originally appeared. Messiah Complex ended with the assassination of Xavier, just like the opening of X-cutioner's Song, the definitive Cable and Stryfe centric storyline.

Messiah War consists of the return of both of Cable's arch nemeses, Apocalypse and Stryfe. The central premise of Cable's ongoing and Messiah War was him raising a child in the future where it would be theoretically much safer, although this was also untrue, just like Cable's own growing up. Plus Messiah War further emphasised the plot of Messiah Complex, that to the good guys, Hope is the Mutant Saviour- a title originally ascribed to Cable himself a long time ago.

The last few major X-men events have been dropping massive hints to Cable's own origin whilst showing Hope's. Even really small details like the red hair of Hope- an obvious allusion to Jean, Cable's mother (well it's Madelyne, but same thing really).

So this third and final part of the trilogy better have some resounding conclusions for Cable's character. I'm thinking he goes out in a blaze of glory, protecting Hope.

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6
W. T. F? blink

WHAAAAAA??????

If that's seriously true, that is one of the biggest changes to X-men and Spider-man in like, well ever......

ExodusCloak

On a side note, the cover to New Mutants #12 is mind-blowingly immaculate. Adi Granov can really draw.
-AC

Granov is amazing

http://img111.imageshack.us/i/axmgb001010qy5.jpg/

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by willRules
WHAAAAAA??????

If that's seriously true, that is one of the biggest changes to X-men and Spider-man in like, well ever......

I doubt that'll be an in-continuity series. Just a side series.

Regardless, I don't know where they're going with that if it's real.

-AC

Kazenji
Just finished Part 1 great start

but why is Angel back in his original form and not Archangel??

StiltmanFTW
Just finished Part 1 great start

but why is Angel back in his original form and not Archangel??

It was decent.

He can switch between them - Angel in X-Men, Archangel in X-Force. The fact that his Death persona returned was kept in secret. Aside from Cyke and X-Force, only Beast knew... correct me if I'm wrong.

psi-aura
Granov is amazing

http://img111.imageshack.us/i/axmgb001010qy5.jpg/

Yes, and it goes perfectly with the writing. That version of emma is... fabulous.
On a more serious note, there's this thing i found while idly browsing the net for previews...

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/userfiles/images/headlines/2010/april/SecondComing_OneOfTheseXMenWillDie.jpg

If emma dies, i'll have to find a new person to be a fangirl about! Marvel can't do that to me! (then again, i have always admired Storm...)
But if Fraction is writing is writing or has a say in this, If she does die she'll come back after a few issues of Cyclops mourning, then he'll find a new girl friend, then she'll come back, and his life will be very complicated...

Kazenji
Why would Fraction all of a sudden be writing X-Force?

willRules
It's not going to be Colossus- his character has just come back.

I doubt it'll be Iceman.

Who is that between them? Is that supposed to be one of the Cuckoo's? Psylocke? If It's Betsy- then it won't be her.

It could be Angel, a fallen Angel would be very stylish and I'm sure whoever gets to draw that death scene would have a field day. However Angel has recently had some major changes in X-force so it might be too much of a waste to kill him now.

Emma Frost? Maybe. But she's Cyke's love interest and with nobody to fill that void at the moment I think she'll stay.

Which leaves Nightcrawler and Cable. Both are strong possibilities in my opinion. I don't want Kurt to die (he's old school cool) but I think he will have prominence in this storyline due to his opposition to the Kill or be Killed approach of X-force. Cable, as already mentioned has almost completed his mission and therefore his death is more likely than ever. The only thing making me rethink Cable is that he supposedly died just before Messiah Complex, hence the shock that he had the baby in the storyline.

Alpha Centauri
I'm going to speculate that it's Emma.

Cyclops is trying to organise the protection and resurrection of the mutant species, how tragic would it be for him to lose that which is most important to him while trying to save his own species? I think that BECAUSE she's his love interest, she'll be killed off.

A shame if it's her, because I like Emma.

-AC

vansonbee
I'm going to speculate that it's Emma.

Cyclops is trying to organise the protection and resurrection of the mutant species, how tragic would it be for him to lose that which is most important to him while trying to save his own species? I think that BECAUSE she's his love interest, she'll be killed off.

A shame if it's her, because I like Emma.

-AC Let hope your speculation is highly wrong.

Her fan base is surprising high. But your right about the strong connection between mutant species that binds Scott.

psi-aura
If they want to make a huge impact on the X-verse they'll probably kill off Emma.

Battlehammer
That picture kinda hints at it being wolverine doesent it?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Battlehammer
then everyones nightmare comes true and Daken takes over fully as wolverine

ExodusCloak
It's not going to be Colossus- his character has just come back.

I doubt it'll be Iceman.

Who is that between them? Is that supposed to be one of the Cuckoo's? Psylocke? If It's Betsy- then it won't be her.

It could be Angel, a fallen Angel would be very stylish and I'm sure whoever gets to draw that death scene would have a field day. However Angel has recently had some major changes in X-force so it might be too much of a waste to kill him now.

Emma Frost? Maybe. But she's Cyke's love interest and with nobody to fill that void at the moment I think she'll stay.

Which leaves Nightcrawler and Cable. Both are strong possibilities in my opinion. I don't want Kurt to die (he's old school cool) but I think he will have prominence in this storyline due to his opposition to the Kill or be Killed approach of X-force. Cable, as already mentioned has almost completed his mission and therefore his death is more likely than ever. The only thing making me rethink Cable is that he supposedly died just before Messiah Complex, hence the shock that he had the baby in the storyline.

There are meant to be 7 casualities.

The one that dies though has to be Nightcrawler. He hasn't done anything significant in the last 10 years and then suddenly steps up in Second Coming. Kind of screams that he's going to die. Heck he was meant to be a skrull during SI but got changed last minute.

Something will happen to Cable too and something already happened to Karma

Alpha Centauri
I just read New Mutants #12.

Another very good installment of this story. Very exciting. Every new chapter actually feels like a continuation, not just a tie-in.

Cameron Hodge has the most evil face, it's creepy. Just noticed that.

Because Marvel would do that.

-AC

Kazenji
Or even maybe Professor X.......again?

psi-aura
i know what will happen. none of them die, its the one under the blanket that snuffs it, who they conviniently forgot to show us.

ExodusCloak
4 issues into the cross over and it still has my interest. This is a first, Bastion actually feels like a threat.

Poor Ariel though. And I was starting to like her too.

psi-aura
I know...sad
The cameo queen finally snuffs it. How the hell did she avoid Osbourn's ET clean up, anyway?

-K-M-
Well Wolverine is eventually going to Hell .....and it's possible Puck might be there to help him.

Spoiler Link (Not really for 2nd Coming though)
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25831

-K-M-
*sigh* Yost kills another....Nightcrawler

Battlehammer
Wolverine is about to kill so many guysm so is pete.

Kazenji
Did anyone get the X-Men Second Coming - Revelations: X-Factor #205

anything special?

GGS
Bishop needs to be put down.

psi-aura
Originally posted by -K-M-

You have proof ? Besides the obvious?

-Pr-
Originally posted by psi-aura
You have proof ? Besides the obvious?

the panels were pretty blatant.

psi-aura
what panels? it hasn't come out in the UK yet: we only just got the first issue.

willRules
Originally posted by -K-M-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad

-K-M-
what panels? it hasn't come out in the UK yet: we only just got the first issue.

Yeah the issue that came out yesterday in North America showed him getting killed.
-----

Sidenote: Karma officially lost her leg.

ExodusCloak
Preview for UXM 524:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5057

Meh spoilers, and the crossover immediately goes downhill. Very sad indeed.

Kazenji
I guess no one did get the first revelations book.

ExodusCloak
I guess no one did get the first revelations book.

I got X-Factor 204 it's alright.

Scythe
So.... How long is NC gonna stay dead?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Scythe
So.... How long is NC gonna stay dead? Come on, its Marvel, they'll always come back...

psi-aura
True. Phoenix force, Skrulls, evil clones...
Ahh retcons. what would we do without them?

Shadow_King
I was just curious, anybody have any ideas on how long this will come out in hardcover, is it usually a month after?

Scythe
Originally posted by vansonbee
Come on, its Marvel, they'll always come back...

Well, yeah, but I'm asking how soon will he be back, haha. Are we talkinl my plate's still warm or myt plate is cold? Hopefully long enough that we'de start missing the character and will be refreshed to see him back.

GGS
Remember that Bastion is infected with TO as well so thats a handy Plot Device to bring you know who back.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by GGS
Remember that Bastion is infected with TO as well so thats a handy Plot Device to bring you know who back.

If u referring to Bastions arm stuck on Nightcrawler, thats what I thought as well. Somehow it'll have regenerative properties which they'll use as a plot device to bring him back.

psi-aura
hope has a connection with the PF remember? she'll probably bring him back then.

ExodusCloak
Fraction and Dodson crap all over this crossover...awful issue.

Battlehammer
Did anyone kinda feel gibed by X-force 26 I believe it was. I mean they set up for this epic suicide mission and then they show like a single page of fighting which everything pretty much dead already.

psi-aura
Fraction and Dodson crap all over this crossover...awful issue.
to coin a phrase: Too right, bro.
hopefully i will never say... uh, type that again. sick

ExodusCloak
Did anyone kinda feel gibed by X-force 26 I believe it was. I mean they set up for this epic suicide mission and then they show like a single page of fighting which everything pretty much dead already.

Not really, I mean they were a diversion. They did there bit at the start. The focus was meant to be on Kurt and Rogue.

The next chapter is utter shit though. What a load of crap and Dodson is awful.

Battlehammer
Not really, I mean they were a diversion. They did there bit at the start. The focus was meant to be on Kurt and Rogue.

The next chapter is utter shit though. What a load of crap and Dodson is awful.
They seem to set it up for some big ass fight then nothing.......so disapointed.

I was hopeing they have one issue about that fight and another on what happened with kurt and rouge oh well.

StiltmanFTW
They seem to set it up for some big ass fight then nothing.......so disapointed.

I was hopeing they have one issue about that fight and another on what happened with kurt and rouge oh well.

I was just a bit disappointed... 'cause I suspected Marvel would skip it.

Shouldn't Rogue's BC claws become metal, too? And wings? This is how it worked with Mimic...

I got X-Factor 204 it's alright.

Maybe I'll check it out.

Omgu8mynewt
What happened to Shadowcat? She's back from space but no one cares?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt

They are trying to help her. She's still permanently intangible.

Omgu8mynewt
Has she been mentioned at all in any of the comics?

StiltmanFTW
Yes. Uncanny X-Men #524.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt

I was thinking the same. They brought her back and they havent done s**t with her.

StiltmanFTW
They have their hands full with Bastion right now.

-K-M-
Ideally if Jeffries runs into Bastion it's over quick and easy, but I assume they will make Jeffries job.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I was thinking the same. They brought her back and they havent done s**t with her. Its just a clear way to return a character and limit magneto so he doesn't shit stomp the so called villian of this series.

vansonbee
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Its just a clear way to return a character and limit magneto so he doesn't shit stomp the so called villian of this series. I thought the continuity was post Second Coming, but thats a good guess speculation too!

StiltmanFTW
^ Magneto already woke up from a coma. And X-Club really has other things to do than working on a "cure" for Kitty.

psi-aura
Oh, do tell.

willRules
Marvel July Solicitations Around the end of second coming features numerous books with Hope on the cover suggesting she'll be a mainstay. No sign of Cable though. Also a guide to the Phoenix Force is being released, so maybe Hope is connected to the PF?

Marvel July Solicitations Around the end of second coming features numerous books with Hope on the cover suggesting she'll be a mainstay. No sign of Cable though. Also a guide to the Phoenix Force is being released, so maybe Hope is connected to the PF?

She's already displayed the PF energy signature in her eyes while using her powers and she is identical to jean grey. There is no doubt she is the phoenix.

ExodusCloak
Well the title of Fractions next arc kind of spoils Second Coming...but I guess we already knew that was going to happen given the fact that this is a trilogy.

Bentley
As long as Grey stays dead I'm good.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bentley

Fractions arc is called "Five Lights"...my guess Cerebro has five more lights

I think it's only a matter of time until the pull a madelyne prior/jean grey on hope. She may retain her identity and personality, but she is gaining those memories.

willRules
Originally posted by 753
She's already displayed the PF energy signature in her eyes while using her powers and she is identical to jean grey. There is no doubt she is the phoenix.

I was spoiler tagging it for the benefit of those on the forums who may not be as up to date yes

She wont. Besides, now that her marriage with cykes is over, it's finally time to hook her up with Logan. And then they'll furry redheaded children with psionic claws, phoenix level healing factors and crap like that, that'll grow up in future to come back and save the world. It'll be awesome!

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
She wont. Besides, now that her marriage with cykes is over, it's finally time to hook her up with Logan. And then they'll furry redheaded children with psionic claws, phoenix level healing factors and crap like that, that'll grow up in future to come back and save the world. It'll be awesome!

her and logan would never work.

srankmissingnin
Jean's ability to resurrect constantly does go a long way to off set the inherit death sentence in dating Wolverine... but no one wants to see a character primarily motivated my hardship and tragedy happy. Logan's like Batman. He should be a broody and alone for ever and everyone once and a while you bring in a new dame to kill off tragically to refresh the broodiness. Then every thing goes back to normal. Win win.

marwash22
i dont disagree, but that crap gets old after a while.

ExodusCloak
Wolverine is in a steady relationship with someone already.

jalek moye
Wolverine is in a steady relationship with someone already.
he is? who?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
he is? who?
a news reporter.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by jalek moye
he is? who?

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/889/wolverineweaponx10page2.th.jpghttp://img189.imageshack.us/img189/889/wolverineweaponx10page2.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/889/wolverineweaponx10page2.th.jpghttp://img189.imageshack.us/img189/889/wolverineweaponx10page2.th.jpg
And that, gentlefolk, is why I heart Emma.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Jean's ability to resurrect constantly does go a long way to off set the inherit death sentence in dating Wolverine... but no one wants to see a character primarily motivated my hardship and tragedy happy. Logan's like Batman. He should be a broody and alone for ever and everyone once and a while you bring in a new dame to kill off tragically to refresh the broodiness. Then every thing goes back to normal. Win win.

Romulus is getting the shaft soon enough. Then the cycle of his past tragedies with women will close. Batman has been all about his adoptive family for a while now, so brooding yes, but not really alone.

That pattern is already too old and repetitive, it's time for some character growth and I actually don't care much for sobbing logan, the renegade wild man has always been more interesting in my eyes.

Originally posted by -Pr-
her and logan would never work.

I can see it working.

They better keep vanisher alive, he just got interesting.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
I can see it working.

he couldn't.

ExodusCloak
he couldn't.

It'll turn out that Wolverine is Rachel Greys father. Wouldn't that be worth it?

-Pr-
It'll turn out that Wolverine is Rachel Greys father. Wouldn't that be worth it?

gtfo. now.

Battlehammer
that be good for her, I mean he more of a father to her then scot or anyone eles ever been.

Bentley
Grey sucks anyways, she vampirized Cyclops half of his life, and she seems to exist only to be an abstract-to-tragedy-love-interest. That kind of character fails from the weight of their nonesense.

ExodusCloak
gtfo. now.

I would have thought that you would have been happy to find out that Cyclops is in no way responsible for that aborted fetus.

he couldn't.

Morrison couldn't. There was too much going on at the same time back then too and her death was already planned.

psi-aura

She probably will, until Fraction finally gets fired and the next writer is a Phoenix obsessive or if he can't think of anything else to do.

She's returning people, accept it.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
She's returning people, accept it.

Not in Second Coming though. Maybe by 2015. That's supposed to be some special anniversary.

I'd put money on Nightcrawler coming back first though.

Not in Second Coming though. Maybe by 2015. That's supposed to be some special anniversary.

I'd put money on Nightcrawler coming back first though.

I don't think so, she's been gone too long and is a bigger deal to their universe. I agree that she might not come back right now, but what I really think they'll do is have her merge with Hope somehow - memory transfer, soul fusion, whatever - later on and explore that. After all, Jean has merged completelly with the phoenix force and the girls is taking in its broken pieces.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
I don't think so, she's been gone too long and is a bigger deal to their universe. I agree that she might not come back right now, but what I really think they'll do is have her merge with Hope somehow - memory transfer, soul fusion, whatever - later on and explore that. After all, Jean has merged completelly with the phoenix force and the girls is taking in its broken pieces.

Hope is a new character. They won't do that. They might use Hope to remove the PF's link from Jean forever but that's about it. She's a completely different person to Jean. Also I don't think her powers are TP and TK. I think she's a copycat like Rogue. She mimiced Cables powers in his ongoing.

Hope is a new character. They won't do that. They might use Hope to remove the PF's link from Jean forever but that's about it. She's a completely different person to Jean. Also I don't think her powers are TP and TK. I think she's a copycat like Rogue. She mimiced Cables powers in his ongoing.

You realy think they wouldn't do that? Think back on Madelyne Prior.

She also looks just like Jean, why bother make her a clone, if she has nothing to do with her?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
You realy think they wouldn't do that? Think back on Madelyne Prior.

She also looks just like Jean, why bother make her a clone, if she has nothing to do with her?

The current X-Office is not big into convolution. And Pryor ended up as a clone due to editorial interference. She was never meant to have anything to do with Jean initially it was a quick fix when Jean was brought back.

It's literally a red herring. Hope's hair changed in MC too. If she's a mimic and has access to a fragment of the PF then maybe she's mimiced some of Jeans attributes due to that.

As for TP and TK. I'm pretty sure she can't use it without Cable being in the vicinity.

The current X-Office is not big into convolution. And Pryor ended up as a clone due to editorial interference. She was never meant to have anything to do with Jean initially it was a quick fix when Jean was brought back.

It's literally a red herring. Hope's hair changed in MC too. If she's a mimic and has access to a fragment of the PF then maybe she's mimiced some of Jeans attributes due to that.

As for TP and TK. I'm pretty sure she can't use it without Cable being in the vicinity.

Don't know about that anti-convoluted stance, there is a whirlwind of nonsense and retcons all over the place right now.

At first, she might not have been planned to be a clone, but things ended up as Jean taking Prior's memories and merging with the fragment of PF construct that was the original Dark Phoenix and becoming 'all of them' at once. This is how they managed to preserve all the different iterations of Jean and reestablish the satus quo. It's not unlikely they'll do something like that again.

When hope returned, the fragments of the PF in the cuckoos left them. She already displayed the phoenix energy signature in her eyes. She still looks just like Jean and Sinister was the first on site to grab her. I recall an interview, dont remember who it was, when asked about the return of JG he said we should pay atention to a certain redheaded girl in the future. There is also the simmetry of Cable raising her in the future.

She was probably made by the phoenix force itself in an atempt to jumpstart evolution after M day and ensure the survival of mutants, that is one of her described cosmic roles after all. Seen as Jean pretty much is the PF these days, I see a fusion coming along.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Don't know about that anti-convoluted stance, there is a whirlwind of nonsense and retcons all over the place right now.

At first, she might not have been planned to be a clone, but things ended up as Jean taking Prior's memories and merging with the fragment of PF construct that was the original Dark Phoenix and becoming 'all of them' at once. This is how they managed to preserve all the different iterations of Jean and reestablish the satus quo. It's not unlikely they'll do something like that again.

But again that was not the original plan. Jean was meant to stay dead and Pryor was meant to be human and completely unrelated to her. Once Jean came back, they made Pryor unsympathetic by turning her into this psycho Goblyn Queen and disposed of her to prevent Cyclops from looking like a douche and Jean a homewrecker.

I don't know which interview you're refering to but I'm 100% sure that they said Hope is a completely new character in the MC X-Positions and IGN interviews.

It doesn't explain Rogues link to her. If anything I have a feeling that she has more in common with Rogue and Mystique then Jean Grey. Only time will tell.

Yes, only time will tell. I think she is connected to rogue because they touched when she was a child and I think the cure was product of her nature as phoenix - she not only burned the strain 88 away, she also erased all the memories and personalities rogue had absorbed over the years, something more consistant with TP.

Regarding madelyne, there was a point to make her look like jean, it was so cyclops would obsess over her, thinking she was jean and that would create the drama between them. But what would be the point with Hope? Notice that, unlike the Prior situtaion, none of the characters recognize the similarity and yet she is painfully identical to Jean to us readers, specially in cover art.

"At the San Francisco Wondercon, when asked about Jean's future Matt Fraction told the audience "There's a little girl with red hair and green eyes in the future that you should keep your eyes on" in reference to Hope Summers"

Originally from
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090301-wondercon-xmen.html

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Yes, only time will tell. I think she is connected to rogue because they touched when she was a child and I think the cure was product of her nature as phoenix - she not only burned the strain 88 away, she also erased all the memories and personalities rogue had absorbed over the years, something more consistant with TP.

Regarding madelyne, there was a point to make her look like jean, it was so cyclops would obsess over her, thinking she was jean and that would create the drama between them. But what would be the point with Hope? Notice that, unlike the Prior situtaion, none of the characters recognize the similarity and yet she is painfully identical to Jean to us readers, specially in cover art.

"At the San Francisco Wondercon, when asked about Jean's future Matt Fraction told the audience "There's a little girl with red hair and green eyes in the future that you should keep your eyes on" in reference to Hope Summers"

Originally from
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090301-wondercon-xmen.html

Hope is there to tease fans that want Jean back. As far as her connection to Jean goes it's stops at the PF. That's my take on it so far.

Fraction has admitted to lying during interviews. E.g. Utopia and Emma being in "evil". He came out later saying she was good all along and that he only said that so fans would be "shocked" which we weren't.

srankmissingnin
It doesn't explain Rogues link to her. If anything I have a feeling that she has more in common with Rogue and Mystique then Jean Grey. Only time will tell.

Rogues unexplained link to Hope, is just Mike Carey trying to make it seem like Rogue is important so he has a reason to shoehorn her into X-Men Legacy, turning it into essentially a Rogue solo-title and write boring stories about one of the least interesting members of the X-Men uninterrupted forever... or until he gets assigned to a different book. mad

xmarksthespot
Rogues unexplained link to Hope, is just Mike Carey trying to make it seem like Rogue is important so he has a reason to shoehorn her into X-Men Legacy, turning it into essentially a Rogue solo-title and write boring stories about one of the least interesting members of the X-Men uninterrupted forever... or until he gets assigned to a different book. mad She's no Emma, but there are so many X-Men I don't know if I'd put her among the least interesting of them. Maybe only if you're counting the more prominent ones, but then there's still Bishop... Dazzler...... Jean Grey... shifty

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
She's no Emma, but there are so many X-Men I don't know if I'd put her among the least interesting of them. Maybe only if you're counting the more prominent ones, but then there's still Bishop... Dazzler...... Jean Grey... shifty

Emma's not much better. Look at me, I'm Emma Frost! I used to get bullied, but now have an unjustified air of superiority making me come off as an uptight *****. Look how shallow and vapid I am! Aren't I soooooooooooo highbrow and sophisticate? I used to wear clothing when I was the teacher for Gen X and was a mildly interesting character, but now I find clothing far to civilian. evil face

Hehehe. Now on a serious note, I actually think I would prefer all of those characters being shoehorned into being the lead on an X-Men title more than Rogue. Off the top of my head the only characters I would want to see even less than Rogue are: Marrow, Rachel, and Stacy-X.

xmarksthespot
Emma's not much better. Look at me, I'm Emma Frost! I used to get bullied, but now have an unjustified air of superiority making me come off as an uptight *****. Look how shallow and vapid I am! Aren't I soooooooooooo highbrow and sophisticate? I used to wear clothing when I was the teacher for Gen X and was a mildly interesting character, but now I find clothing far to civilian. evil face sadface
Hehehe. Now on a serious note, I actually think I would prefer all of those characters being shoehorned into being the lead on an X-Men title more than Rogue. Off the top of my head the only characters I would want to see even less than Rogue are: Marrow, Rachel, and Stacy-X. Eww Rachel.

Come on, Stacy-X is full of win. stick out tongue

Rogue is an A-lister haters.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Rogue is an A-lister haters.

Is this because she got deflowered by Sentry?

Scythe
Wait, what?!

ExodusCloak
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3392/wtfrogue.jpg

Scythe
Oh shi-!

Is this because she got deflowered by Sentry?

I think mags hit that first

psi-aura
You are all very naughty children. please desist.

Blanket
Blind Science was pretty good.

Dr Nemesis is great.

Blind science was great, they actualy did ok with kavita rao as well. Most of the second coming has been consistantly good.

-K-M-
Im glad they finally had her do SOMETHING. Jeffries is still the man though.

ExodusCloak
There we go another clue to Hope's powers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5388

Definitely a copycat

psi-aura
shes probably a collective of all the remaining mutants, her apperance being based on the most powerful. (cough)Jean Grey(cough)

ExodusCloak
Jean does not own the rights to being a red head with green eyes.

Jean does not own the rights to being a red head with green eyes. Of course she does, name another one not connected to her in the x-men mythos.

shes probably a collective of all the remaining mutants, her apperance being based on the most powerful. (cough)Jean Grey(cough)

Good call. She might also be connected to the collective the Sentry dumped in the sun.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
Of course she does, name another one not connected to her in the x-men mythos.

Siryn. cool

Siryn. cool Damn you mad

I bet she will be revealed as an alternate jean grey's daughter at some point in the future.

ExodusCloak
Siryn. cool

Peter David pretty much said the same thing. As did Brevoort.

What colour are Diamond Lil and Firestar's eyes?

ExodusCloak
BTW Hope would have probably assimilated the qualities of her Foster mother (Hope Summers) in the Cable series hence her appearance.

psi-aura
Jean does not own the rights to being a red head with green eyes.
Name one more female in earth 616 who has red hair, green eyes, a connection to the phoenix force, a green and gold costume and possible telepathy or telekenisis.

By the way, if you say madylene pryor, i will personally hunt you down and kill you with the comic books you obsess so much about.

psi-aura
Jean does not own the rights to being a red head with green eyes. Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What colour are Diamond Lil and Firestar's eyes?

Okay, name one more female mutant on earth 616 who has red hair, green eyes, a connection to the phoenix force, a green and gold costume and possible telepathy or telekenisis.
By the way, if you say madylene pryor, i will personally hunt you down and kill you with the comic books you obsess so much about.

BTW Hope would have probably assimilated the qualities of her Foster mother (Hope Summers) in the Cable series hence her appearance.

I doubt it, wasn't she red headed and green eyed from birth? And even before meeting that woman she already resembled Jean a lot as child.

She did seem to emulate Cyclops power though. Maybe she acquired a version of rogue's power when they first touched and she cleansed her. The thing is that she is connected to the phoenix force and therefore to Jean Grey, who is one with the PF now.

psi-aura
shes probably a collective of all the remaining mutants
(I have updated my theory)
then, knowing marvel and the phoenix, Hope will probably be taken over by the phoenix who'll start to destroy human beings because mutants are the next leap in evolution, and therefore ordinary humans don't work anymore. I can just imagine the cyclops's face when he has to destroy the little girl he's worked so hard to protect. Ah, sweet irony. laughing

-Pr-
(I have updated my theory)
then, knowing marvel and the phoenix, Hope will probably be taken over by the phoenix who'll start to destroy human beings because mutants are the next leap in evolution, and therefore ordinary humans don't work anymore. I can just imagine the cyclops's face when he has to destroy the little girl he's worked so hard to protect. Ah, sweet irony. laughing

it's not like he hasn't been in that situation before... it's just that nowadays, he might be willing to kill her if its possible.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>