Squall vs Felix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/103/305249649_5aec7907f9.jpg

VS

http://media.goldensun-syndicate.net/wallpapers/official/felix_800x600.jpg

Why? Because they both have brown hair.

Squall gets his equipment of choice.

Felix gets his equipment of choice, and can use all djinni.

ScreamPaste
O lawdy. Once Wei gets here there's gonna be some war. (assuming FC or kill3r shows up.)

My money is on Felix, despite not remembering much about him. I base this on Golden sun party > FF party.

LLLLLink
Agreed, Felix has my vote.

Can anyone say "Megiddo"?

XanatosForever
So wait, Felix can get his best weapon and summons, but all Squall gets is his best weapon? I thought you were against gimping, 5L? erm

ScreamPaste
Summons do seem a bit over-kill.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by XanatosForever
So wait, Felix can get his best weapon and summons, but all Squall gets is his best weapon? I thought you were against gimping, 5L? erm

No, Felix cant summon. Here's why:

qi5lM4mFkHQ

That's outside help. He can merely use their powers for buffing and class-changing.

Squall is also allowed any magic he can use without limit.

XanatosForever
Okay, so they're effectively being used like Guardian Forces? If Felix can get djinn buffs, then I don't see why Squall can't get GF junctions.

In any case, I'm not yet sure how this match will boil down to, but I can certainly see it being awesome.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
O lawdy. Once Wei gets here there's gonna be some war. (assuming FC or kill3r shows up.)

My money is on Felix, despite not remembering much about him. I base this on Golden sun party > FF party.

Me start a war? Pro-FF or Pro-GS?

Originally posted by LLLLLink
No, Felix cant summon. Here's why:

qi5lM4mFkHQ

That's outside help. He can merely use their powers for buffing and class-changing.

Squall is also allowed any magic he can use without limit.

Not really outside help, he's summoning something under his own power not someone elses. THe Djinni are there to help him and give him a class change so I don't see the difference. To me it's like saying a Necromancer can't raise the dead or summon spirits because that's outside help.

Felix without summons should be able to handle his own though, a nice Ragnarok to the face.

LLLLLink
Yeah, I wanted to avoid summons because it would be cooler to me for the guys to duke it out straight up.

ScreamPaste
@Wei

You pro-GS, FC and Kill3r pro-FF. stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Also GrieverSquall pro-FF.

ScreamPaste
He doesn't strike me as a rabid board warrior.

LLLLLink
Probably, but I'm stereotyping because of the name.

Since I'm banning summons, do weapons like Cloud Brand, Kikuichimonji, etc get banned as well because of their nature or should we make them fair game?

GrieverSquall
Felix from Golden Sun? I haven't finished the game, so what are his abilities?

LLLLLink
Rape, psynergy of varying elements and abilities, acrobatics and fast swordplay (might be item-enhanced).

We will have to discuss one feature at a time due to the numerous psynergy.

Maester_yoda
Rape

i lol'd

ScreamPaste
Me too, actually. He just sorta listed it as it's own power. GJ.

SpadeKing
Rape, psynergy of varying elements and abilities, acrobatics and fast swordplay (might be item-enhanced).

We will have to discuss one feature at a time due to the numerous psynergy.

Sounds like an interesting game hmm

LLLLLink
Seriously though, lemme post a vid.

JFaEksPQ-bo

JLfxSD_MpSI

U9tGDtKQU94

4:17
Holy SHAT-BURGER!!!!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@Wei

You pro-GS, FC and Kill3r pro-FF. stick out tongue

I am Pro-GS that is true. If we're trying to balance this then I say make their speed equal since we don't have anything or much to go by for Felix's speed given the nature and system his game is on. One problem I have with a lot of handheld characters like most of the people from Fire Emblem. If I could choose a class for the Felix I would bring to this fight would probably be a Necromage and has him use Call Dullahan for rape.

LLLLLink
Well, if you count the weapon abilities, Felix can:

Teleport, Rapid Strike, Do the Bayonetta Portal weapon thing, etc.

Wei Phoenix
Not all at once, only specific weapons can unleash certain powers.

LLLLLink
Right, but their are Psynergies with the same properties.

Wei Phoenix
Still there's nothing to say if he's slower or faster than Squall. Felix's speed increasing 143 doesn't give us much to work with hence why I say speed should be equalized.

LLLLLink
Yeah, I agree completely.

So, uh, Grand Gaia. Your move.

Wei Phoenix
I never said Felix loses what I'm saying is that it would help a lot if we had a basis for his speed. It's not impossible for someone to be faster than Felix and hit him before he casts Grand Gaia. Anyone supporting Squall could ask you to prove that Felix could cast that move before Squall could hit him or provide something that shows he can react to Squall once again why I say their speed should be equalized there's nothing we have that can show Felix's speed given that he is on the gameboy. I myself do not believe he's slow as molasses or anything like that, but everyone doesn't think like I do.

LLLLLink
Well, both have been shown to move at human level speeds and above human level speeds, so I think it is fair that both should be considered equal in speed/reaction for this fight, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.