Which character has the biggest power disparity in terms of Comic vs KMC versions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Some characters are far more powerful in comics than on KMC (ie Hulk)

Other characters are far more powerful on KMC than in comics (ie Flash, Iceman).

Which character do you think has the biggest gap between comic version vs KMC version?

galactusischere
Apocalypse.

The Nuul
Shokos Supes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all.

Manxs Orion >>>>>>>>>>> all.

JakeTheBank
^ I loled

Galan007
Superman Prime (the golden fella)

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman Prime (the golden fella) you think he's overrated or underrated on KMC?

Harbinger
Mags
Sentry, post-MM sonning

Mags is underrated, Sentry's overrated.

Starscream M
also, when you list a character...please say whether you think they're overrated or underrated on KMC

chomperx9
thanos overrated

iceman overrated

magneto underrated

doom overrated

Starscream M
Originally posted by chomperx9

magneto underrated

agreed

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
you think he's overrated or underrated on KMC? Due to his lack of feats, Goldie tends to be underrated by most of KMC -- but he was treated like the Messiah in the DC1M series itself.

Starscream M
Due to his lack of feats, Goldie tends to be underrated by most of KMC -- but he was treated like the Messiah in the DC1M series itself. ok I agree with that

Golden Prime is underrated. He's prob more powerful than a fullpowered Galactus but people here treat him more like an Odin level character

dmills
Richard Rider aka Nova Prime is extremly underrated on KMC. Looking at some of the vs threads he's been involved in you'd believe that he was still a scrub centurian instead of Nova Prime. Makes me wonder if people here actually read the comics.

rotiart
Silver surfer is overrated...On kmc... He doesn't always use his uber powers sadly..
He could defeat superman in a kmc forum
but toss him into a comic and suddenly he'll forget his entire powerset and try to fight like superman...

Spiderman is underrated on here... I mean seriously the guy beat firelord... And he can summon spiders....jk... But I do feel as though that the showing was a good one for spiderman... Jo has also singlehandely defeated the hulk a few years ago... So it's not like he doesn't have the ability to hang with top tier bricks...

Reed Richards intelligence I feel is overrated sometimes... Yes he's a genius but I think the alien entity being hyperbole has caused people to give him a lt level intelligence... But there's stuff other people come up with that reed never has...

Lord Feron
Spiderman - Underrated
Ares (M) - Underrated
Gladiator - Underrated
Flash - Overrated
Superman - Overrated at times (some people are just ridiculous)
RKT/Lord Marvel/Goldie Supes - underrated

Harbinger
DC MAs are underrated.

psycho gundam
^ most of them don't have their own comics, or appear nearly as much as the marvel rivals.

almost all of the best martial artists in marvel had at least a mini-series.

JakeTheBank
Underrated:
-Wonder Woman (especially her gear)
-Majestic
-Thor without Mjolnir
-Spider-Man

Overrated:
-The Combo to KO principle itself
-WWH
-Sentry
-Superman

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Underrated:
-Wonder Woman (especially her gear) dur313

JakeTheBank
dur313

yes

Galan007
yes See though, I disagree. I've always suspected she's packing more in those panties then we can see. wink

rotiart
Are you sure the gear is underrated?
I made a huge stink about how it makes her above high herald... In the battlezome...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by rotiart
I made a huge stink about how it makes her above high herald... In the battlezome...

I agree her gear makes WW a beast in most situations, but in forum fights, some posters just ignore what her lasso (her main weapon!) is capable of, even without using it ala Genocide. The simple fact that some people think that she gets stomped by any Top Tier Brick speaks volumes of the ignorance running rampant here.

Mshinu
"worldbreaker hulk" wtf did he do except emit a lot of radiation, with no control whatsoever?

Harbinger
Classic Beyonder is overrated

nicamarvin
ok I agree with that

Golden Prime is underrated. He's prob more powerful than a fullpowered Galactus but people here treat him more like an Odin level character ..... erm no

nicamarvin
Originally posted by nicamarvin
..... erm no

If anything, its Galactus who is very very very Underated here and in the comics.... sad for God Sake some FANBOYS comparing him to supes and the likes... mad

Omega Vision
Thanos-Vastly Overrated to the point that at times there's little difference on KMC between Thanos with the IG and Thanos without the IG.

Dr Manhattan- As with Superman-Prime 1Mil the good doctor's lack of feats make it so that certain people don't think he could even beat Current Superman and think he'd get absolutely shit-stomped in a fight with Silver Surfer even though its speculation either way.

Unnamed or unimportant Green Lanterns- Yeah they suck in comics but when people act like they aren't even low Heralds its taken a step too far.

Sentry- Overrated

Batman- Batman usually gets the respect he deserves (and at times TOO much respect) but sometimes I see people acting like he's nowhere near Peak human level despite piles of evidence affirming his peak status. The idea that Captain America absolutely shit-stomps him is as ridiculous as the idea of Batman absolutely shit-stomping Cap (unless he has prep in which case its entirely possible).

Highfather- Give the guy some respect. So what he has few combat feats? His other feats (entity creation, energy manipulation, teleportation) put him at least at mid Skyfather level.

Thing- Sure he's not Hulk and he'll never be able to take a majority against High Heralds like Superman or Thor but he's as tough as a maternally enraged badger and can take shots from the best of them as well as dish out punishment that can knock an overconfident HH character off their feet.

Spectre- Spectre lowballing has to stop. Ever time I hear "a non-backed Spectre is useless" I cringe.

Lex Luthor- The guy gets no respect here and people act like if he and Doom were to engage in a prep war Doom wouldn't even have to try to win which shows a great deal of arrogance on the part of Doom-fans.

Apocalypse- I'll admit it, I'm guilty of disrespecting and lowballing him as much as anyone.

Harbinger
Given his recent run, I think X-Man's firmly in the overrated category for right now.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Harbinger
Given his recent run, I think X-Man's firmly in the overrated category for right now. Are you ****ING kidding me?... mad you are just Mad Cause you Know he will own any GL..... smokin'

Starscream M

Overrated:
-WWH

how the hell is WWH overrated?

I mean, he was the biggest badass in comics, taking down everyone on Marvel earth. yet on KMC, he basically is always underrated.

Starscream M
Originally posted by nicamarvin
If anything, its Galactus who is very very very Underated here and in the comics.... sad for God Sake some FANBOYS comparing him to supes and the likes... mad how the hell could a character be underrated in comics?

Omega Vision

I mean, he was the biggest badass in comics, taking down everyone on Marvel earth. yet on KMC, he basically is always underrated.
He's overrated because most if not all of his feats could have been accomplished by other characters who are generally considered "weaker" than him like Superman.

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
thanos overrated

iceman overrated

magneto underrated

doom overrated But chomper, you don't actually know what any of these characters can actually do in the comics.

Originally posted by Harbinger
Classic Beyonder is overrated Why do you say that?

jw

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
But chomper, you don't actually know what any of these characters can actually do in the comics.

lawl

But but he read bios and wikis that reference comics.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He's overrated because most if not all of his feats could have been accomplished by other characters who are generally considered "weaker" than him like Superman. ummm superman is not weaker than him

nicamarvin
how the hell could a character be underrated in comics? well he is.... sad

JakeTheBank

"Biggest badass in comics"? The fact that Marvel Earth jobbed horrendously to WWH speaks for itself, as the event was full of PIS. Not to mention the fact he's been labeled a "Skyfather" by overzealous fans. WB Hulk is even worse.

nicamarvin

I mean, he was the biggest badass in comics, taking down everyone on Marvel earth. yet on KMC, he basically is always underrated. except Juggernaut, wich in that brawl was owning him..... smokin'

The Nuul
Any Hulk is well overrated on KMC. Taking on Strange is CIS and PIS. WWH didnt take on Marvels top dogs, no Thor or SS etc... Sentry duking it out with WWH is PIS. This current Sentry would murder him just like Thor and SS would (without CIS and PIS).

Omega Vision
ummm superman is not weaker than him
Which is why I put quotation marks around it.

Mindset
Doom : underrated

He doesn't win 100% of his matches on here.

Kyle: underrated

Same reason.

Omega Vision
Doom : underrated

He doesn't win 100% of his matches on here.

Kyle: underrated

Same reason.
Can't argue with that logic. dur

Philosophía
'Power' or 'performance'? Because, since it's already been brought up, Hulk is as powerfull on the forum as he is in comics, only not a effective since his opponents are actually using their abilities effectivly.

JakeTheBank
I will say that the notion of Doom getting stomped without prep time is hilarious.

Omega Vision

Starscream M
I will say that the notion of Doom getting stomped without prep time is hilarious. who's ever suggested that? and depends on opponent

JakeTheBank
who's ever suggested that? and depends on opponent

I've seen people claim that if a Mid or High Herald character fights Doom in a random encounter, Doom is screwed six ways from Sunday. I'd like to think that Doom has plenty of feats to suggest that he can work and think on the fly to a great degree, but people seem to think he's nothing without prep.

Mindset
who's ever suggested that? and depends on opponent Unless it's an amalgamation of Doom and Kyle he's fighting, no one is stomping him, even then it will be a close fight.

The Nuul
Unless it's an amalgamation of Doom and Kyle he's fighting, no one is stomping him, even then it will be a close fight.

Shokos Supes would stomp this b lister.

Oh! and Orion solos.

Starscream M
I've seen people claim that if a Mid or High Herald character fights Doom in a random encounter, Doom is screwed six ways from Sunday. I'd like to think that Doom has plenty of feats to suggest that he can work and think on the fly to a great degree, but people seem to think he's nothing without prep. hard to say because the real doom actually seldom fights...usually it ends up being a doombot

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I would guess performance. correct

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
Shokos Supes would stomp this b lister.

Oh! and Orion solos. Superman is Doom's towel boy.

Enyalus
Superman and Flash and Hulk and Rulk are all overrated on KMC.

Majestic and Wonder Woman and Beta Ray Bill are often underrated.

H/P DD has to be the single most overrated character in the history of KMC.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
H/P DD has to be the single most overrated character in the history of KMC. Heh, you missed the Iceman and Wolverine days. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Heh, you missed the Iceman and Wolverine days. stick out tongue
I could've included Storm in that list, too. But see, those were phases. They passed. H/P DD hasn't...

Survivor19
Sometimes i think that Iron man is a little overrated here

Parmaniac
Heh, you missed the Iceman and Wolverine days. stick out tongue
I don't think the're over for at least one of them...

Nihilist
Superman easily.

Mshinu
Rulk is actually underrated.. he took down insanely powerful characters with just a few punches, yet people think he can`t hang with their favorite herald.

Original Smurph
Other characters are far more powerful on KMC than in comics (ie Flash, Iceman).
Silver Surfer comes to mind.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mshinu
Rulk is actually underrated.. he took down insanely powerful characters with just a few punches, yet people think he can not hang with their favorite herald. Rulk overall is a joke I mean seriously he wrecked almost all top tiers and then looses to Wolverine or better said after that starts jobbing like there's no tomorrow

Philosophía
Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman easily. laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Survivor19
Sometimes i think that Iron man is a little overrated here

Iron man overrated on here.. nah.. I would say underrated. really.

Nihilist

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Iron man overrated on here.. nah.. I would say underrated. really. I agree. And I think that is mainly because not a whole lot of people are overly familiar with some of the 'uber' feats Tony has under his belt.

Philosophía
I think it's funny because of how true it is. Only if you don't actually read Superman comics. He has one of -- if not the -- best track-record in comics, against all types of opponents.

Thanos is lucky he isn't in the same universe with him, or you'd be a Darkseid fan now.

Nihilist

Enyalus

Nihilist
It doesn't change the fact that he's still overrated on here. People even argue that Superman doesn't have a weakness to red solar radiation and (more recently ) that he doesn't have a magic weakness, either.

Just ridiculous. thumb up Speedblitzing combo ko on Galactus is another one that comes to mind.

Philosophía
=butthurt for some reason. I find it funny how you're the one who said 'Superman easily' when that is obviously not the case, just because of your love for Thanos and people arguing Superman could beat him, and then saying I'm butthurt.

Galan007
It doesn't change the fact that he's still overrated on here. People even argue that Superman doesn't have a weakness to red solar radiation and (more recently ) that he doesn't have a magic weakness, either.

Just ridiculous. Immune? No. Highly resistant? Yeah.

Nihilist

Enyalus
Immune? No. Highly resistant? Yeah.
Yeah. I totally saw him display some high resistance to red solar radiation throughout the New Krypton story.

Philosophía

Just ridiculous. Overrated because a few people argue on how much his vulnerabilities hinder him currently? How about we look on how people actually see him doing against various characters -- such as Thor (many people still think they draw or Thor wins, even after the direct win and the clear speed advantage -- with Thor fans desperatley trying to show that it doesn't exist, just making them foolish) or others. Overrated would imply that he is portrayed on the forum as more powerfull than he is in comics -- and that is simply not the case.

Juk3n

did everyone he faced fight to there best capacity? Absolutely not. Just Like WW3 BA beating all those heroes, they just rushed at him swinging away like bar room brawlers.

Marvel Earth jobbed, WWH is the toughest brick, but thats all he is.

Most Underrated guy on KMC is Blade imo, albeit because marvel don't give the guy any books with mainstream heroes in to prove his abilities agaont a-listers, it's got to the point people argue that Nightwing can take him for a majority. :/

JakeTheBank
I don't see how anyone can use JLA/Avengers as evidence that Superman clearly stomps Thor, myself.

Enyalus

Harbinger
The lower-end Heralds of Big G (IE anyone not named Silver Surfer or Morg) are pretty underrated, IMO.

kgkg
Hulk underrated compared to his comic book portrayals.

john allerdyce
zoom and surfer are i think.

Galan007
Yeah. I totally saw him display some high resistance to red solar radiation throughout the New Krypton story. Or you can look at instances where Supes essentially tanked concentrated blasts of red sun radiation from a Sun Eater, then survived an explosion > a supernova, while weak:
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/16ie5.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/17ni7.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/18eh0.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/19ot8.jpg/

srug

Enyalus
Or you can look at instances where Supes essentially tanked concentrated blasts of red sun radiation from a Sun Eater, then survived an explosion > a supernova, while weak:
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/16ie5.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/17ni7.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/18eh0.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/19ot8.jpg/

srug
Or we can use Raoul's rule of thumb and invalidate anything by McDuffie.

OneDumbG0
^ laughing out loud

Galan007
bat

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree. And I think that is mainly because not a whole lot of people are overly familiar with some of the 'uber' feats Tony has under his belt. thumb up . Me included sad

darthgoober
So just compared to how they preform in comics?

Overated
Silver Surfer- Biggest benifactor of the "No PIS" rule on KMC.
Superman- Even matches against people like WW and Captain Marvel in the comics, considered above them by a fair share in virtually every category on the forum.
Batman- Who's assumed prep abilities and "standard equipment" are the stuff of legend.
Dr. Strange(classic)- Whose feats get blown out of proportion whenever possible.
Flash- Who gets tagged by thunderclaps and Deathstroke.

Underrated
Captain America- 'Nuff said.
Hulk- Threat to anyone in comics, threat to Low Herald level characters who can't fly on KMC.
Martian Manghunter- More powerful than the whole Justice League in comics, seems barely supperior to Aquaman on the Forum.
He-Man- "Most Powerful Man in the Universe" in his comics, "Thor Light" on KMC.

Adam Warlock actually fits into both categories, his "soul suck" is overrated and all of his other abilities are underrated.

Mindset
Well, MM isn't all that great in comics either.

carver9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Spiderman - Underrated
Ares (M) - Underrated
Gladiator - Underrated
Flash - Overrated
Superman - Overrated at times (some people are just ridiculous)
RKT/Lord Marvel/Goldie Supes - underrated

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
So just compared to how they preform in comics?

Overated
Silver Surfer- Biggest benifactor of the "No PIS" rule on KMC.
Superman- Even matches against people like WW and Captain Marvel in the comics, considered above them by a fair share in virtually every category on the forum.
Batman- Who's assumed prep abilities and "standard equipment" are the stuff of legend.
Dr. Strange(classic)- Whose feats get blown out of proportion whenever possible.
Flash- Who gets tagged by thunderclaps and Deathstroke.

Underrated
Captain America- 'Nuff said.
Hulk- Threat to anyone in comics, threat to Low Herald level characters who can't fly on KMC.
Martian Manghunter- More powerful than the whole Justice League in comics, seems barely supperior to Aquaman on the Forum.
He-Man- "Most Powerful Man in the Universe" in his comics, "Thor Light" on KMC.

Adam Warlock actually fits into both categories, his "soul suck" is overrated and all of his other abilities are underrated.

This is the perfect post. None should come after this. Happy Dance

carver9

LOL laughing

Omega Vision

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by rotiart

Well, truth be told, her gear IS above high herald. SHE is not though. I actually enjoy the paradox. She wields these incredibly powerful weapons, but she has physical limitations.

Sasaraixx

But I liked the animated movie! sad

theICONiac
Spectre.

I wish - with all the highs and lows of the character - that he would be retired permanently.

Who really cares for the Spectre anyway??

quanchi112

quanchi112
Overrated-Superman.
Doomsday.
Darkseid.
Hank Henshaw.
Spectre.

Underrated-Hulk-bigtime.
Thanos.
Sentry-though it's gotten much better.

Wild Shadow
Superman- Overrated. most times his feats are mixed with else worlds and alternate non canon adventures and try to pass it off as main stream supes on kmc in order to garner more wins.

Darkseid- split even. on comics he is severely underrated on forums he is still loses but is recognized to being able to kill that pesky superman.

Aquaman- overrated in comics.... in KMC he is given his fair share of wins.

Deathstroke- insanely overrated in comics and scaled down to his actual street leveler lvls in kmc....

Original Smurph
Originally posted by quanchi112
Overrated-Superman.
Doomsday.
Darkseid.
Hank Henshaw.
Spectre.

Underrated-Hulk-bigtime.
Thanos.
Sentry-though it's gotten much better. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
This is the perfect post. None should come after this. Happy Dance the irony is that you posted to point out this fact....

Endless Mike
PR Beyonder, because some people here think he is truly omnipotent, which is infinitely greater than any power less than omnipotent, which is what he is

meep-meep
Some characters are far more powerful in comics than on KMC (ie Hulk)

Which character do you think has the biggest gap between comic version vs KMC version?

Very good topic. No sarcasm.

meep-meep
How is this: Squirrel Girl and Sentry?

Kidding of course.

King Kandy
Classic Strange, I mean don't get me wrong he's a beast but people make him seem stronger by taking feats wildly out of context and exaggerations of what actually occurred. Also his prep skills are highly exaggerated.

vampguy
OVERRATED

Thor - IMO Thor has to be the most overrated character on those boards people will argue he can take out anyone and even without mjolnir while its clearly obvious he gets beat up sometimes by hulk and hercules and he is on there level

King Thor - same as thor

Rune king thor - again has to be the mosat overrated around here same as thor people will worship him and say he can beat living tribunal

Sentry - by far this 1 feat wonder is comming second most overrated character after thor he got 879129012 feats of getting wooped by bricks and other characters and 1 feat where he is good for something and thats it people will say he cant be even beat by SBP Lol

Thanos - again very overrated character on those boards doesnt deserve all the wins people are trying to give him

i think that me and most people on those boards know that there are 2-3 people who are responsible for those characters being overrated quanchi comes first as the #1 reason

UNDERRATED

Blade - blade is really underrated here considering the fact 90% of all his fight he always wins and show amazing feats of skills and power as well as weaponry abilities

Wolverine- i notice that its very cool to bash wolverine on those boards he isd very underrated here and most people choose to see him as the berserk idiot that doesnt hav e any skills but just go for hack and slash like he is portrayed while with the x-men wolverine is one of the best marvel universe heroes and fighters kudos

Namor - i really feel that namor is very underrated here because the guy prove to beat ironman and go toe 2 toe with any top marvel brick he deserves more respect

Q99
Wolverine? People give a lot of respect for his skills around here and give him good odds against all kinds of foes.

Philosophía
I have no problem with people saying Superman gets wins over other high-heralds (with the exception of SS), because while I do believe Thor gets a narrow majority (speed advantage aside, Thor has more explosive power), they're in the same tier for a reason. It's the Superman vs. Galactus or Superman vs. Odin or Superman vs. people who are a firm tier or more above him and say that he pulls the win which makes him overrated. He'll pull that off in a comic, after getting slapped around through 2/3rds of it, because he has to. It's his comic. But not on a forum setting. When has anybody who is not a troll said that normal Superman gets a majority over Odin/Galactus? Using isolated instances (the weaknes discussion) or posters like h1 against him is rather stupid, and fails to consider the bigger picture and taking everything in the consideration -- his forum-wide portrayal. Furthermore, for ever hi1, there's a Janus, or a Carver.

That aside, this is the funny part.
Your stance is that Superman is overrated on the forum, but yet you say that in his comic portrayal he'll pull this kind of showings off, but this is a forum setting so not applicable here. In short, by your own admission, what Superman pulls in comics is something that he wouldn't be able to do in a forum setting (comic Superman > forum Superman) but yet he is overrated on the forum (forum Superman > comic Superman).

dur

We disagree. Yes, but I'm correct and you're not.

Nihilist
Superman easily.

vampguy

Omega Vision
Overrated-Superman.
Doomsday.
Darkseid.
Hank Henshaw.
Spectre.

Underrated-Hulk-bigtime.
Thanos.
sick

quanchi112

Original Smurph
So you are doing what you were criticizing me for pretty much in another thread.
Wut

quanchi112
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Wut You know what I mean.

Original Smurph
You know what I mean. Nein, I have no idea what you're blithering about.

Feel free to quote where I criticized you for posting a "lol" smiley.

quanchi112
Nein, I have no idea what you're blithering about.

Feel free to quote where I criticized you for posting a "lol" smiley. It has nothing to do with the smiley I just posted my opinion and you laughed. What about my opinion in this thread is off?

Original Smurph
It has nothing to do with the smiley I just posted my opinion and you laughed. Where did I criticize you for that, exactly?

I don't even doubt that I have at this point, but I'm curious what event has been troubling you so much.

The Nuul
laughing out loud

I know eh! Hes not bias at all....

quanchi112
Where did I criticize you for that, exactly?

I don't even doubt that I have at this point, but I'm curious what event has been troubling you so much. Nothing. I just want to know why you put a laughing smiley after my post. If I question you about a post you made quoting me how is that proof I am troubled by you?

Original Smurph
I just find it odd that you immediately brought up past instances of me criticizing you. Instances that I can't even recall... presumably if they existed you would have quoted them by now rather than attempting to change the subject. mmm

vampguy
geezzz man he just sent you a laughing smilie its not like he burn down your house and ate your kitten relax

quanchi112
I just find it odd that you immediately brought up past instances of me criticizing you. Instances that I can't even recall... presumably if they existed you would have quoted them by now rather than attempting to change the subject. mmm I don't really see the point. I thought you did when batdude and bran said I question people's opinions all the time even when it's not a vs. thread when I asked for clarification on his Thor answer in another thread. Did you chime in or not? Originally posted by vampguy
geezzz man he just sent you a laughing smilie its not like he burn down your house and ate your kitten relax I'm quite relaxed.

Original Smurph
I don't really see the point. I thought you did when batdude and bran said I question people's opinions all the time even when it's not a vs. thread when I asked for clarification on his Thor answer in another thread. Did you chime in or not? Not in the context of me criticizing you for the Thor thing. I posted, I possibly made fun of you, but not for the err that you've cited here.

So, to answer your original question.... No.

quanchi112
Not in the context of me criticizing you for the Thor thing. I posted, I possibly made fun of you, but not for the err that you've cited here.

So, to answer your original question.... No. Ok, but what about my quote here made you laugh.

vampguy
quanchi i can see that you got some serious inferiority complex issue seing how you always reply to everybody you feel you must return a favor and must prove something to everybody that you "wont back down" i guess you are trying to make up for some problem in your real life where you cant stand up for yourself? anyway take it easy its the E man be cool stay in school dont drool and sit on the stool

Original Smurph
Ok, but what about my quote here made you laugh. Your incredible wit. It just gets me every time.

Mshinu
High tier speed is >>> here than in comics.

The Nuul
Overrated

Any Hulk
Superman
Thanos
SBP
Blade
Wolverine
Majestic at times
Apoc

Underrated

Iron Man
Mandarin
Most WS main characters other than Authority.

-Pr-
There's a huge disparity with Superman. Bar one person, and maybe another if i'm forgetting, Superman doesn't get overrated on this forum. In fact he doesn't get NEARLY the benefit of the doubt that a lot of the other herald level characters do, simply because people are petty and just don't like him.

They'll downplay all his best feats and try to bring up non-feats and low showings as proof that he's not capable of beating people he'd tear to pieces in his own comic.

The Nuul
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Batman-Prime
Overrated-Superman.
Doomsday.
Darkseid.
Hank Henshaw.
Spectre.

Underrated-Hulk-bigtime.
Thanos.

laughcry

JakeTheBank
I don't think Cyborg Superman is overrated here, in any case. I think he's treated and respected well for the most part.

janus77
underrated on KMC:
Hulk (mostly because the character is disliked)
Apocalypse (because he's such a crashing failure in comic-continuity, but he will have his day, apparently)
Galactus (because he never goes all out in comics)
fresh air

Overrated on KMC:
Juggernaut (punk to Hulk's rock, you gotta choose one - and the kids have chosen)
Superman (movies affect the mind!)
Surfer (Jazz to Superman's Swing)
Batman
TOAA
Presence
God
Sex
gay jokes

Enyalus
Wait a fvcking minute, dude. Sex is never overrated unless the person you're having it with is over 50.

janus77
Wait a fvcking minute, dude. Sex is never overrated unless the person you're having it with is over 50.
that was just to find out if anyone here actually read my posts! shifty

Mindset
WTF?!

Gay jokes are overrated?

That's not what your dad said when he was su-

nevermind

khazra
I find many characters to be hugely overrated here bu i think its different how this board operates to my more commonly visted one.

At the other place, a hero/villain will actor in character. Here it's all 1 time feats, speedblitzes/steals, ironblood attacks & invincible iceman.

Facts are:
Surfer blasts 19/20
Thor hits things with a hammer 19/20
Flash gets hit by rogues
Diana is not superman level
Iceman does lose in comics

janus77
having read more of Son of Hulk, I think Hiro-Kala & Skaar seem slightly underrated (and by implication, Hulk even moreso).

Hiro-Kala now has the Power Cosmic, Skaar still uses the synthetic rival (Old Power) ... both are universe destroying powers (only Power Cosmic creates too).

so yeah, slightly underrated characters.

BUSTER1
Underated
Spiderman-people reckon anyone who has at least 1 MA lesson can take him

Overated
Joker -in a thread from a little while back -Joker v Punisher h2h-some people said Joker has "crazy fighting abilities" and can take some wins against Frank. Castle would destroy him.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by -Pr-
They'll downplay all his best feats and try to bring up non-feats and low showings as proof that he's not capable of beating people he'd tear to pieces in his own comic.
That's not that helpful. I'd destroy all kinds of people in my own comic too. Which you can all buy for the low, low price of $19.99.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
Richard Rider aka Nova Prime is extremly underrated on KMC. Looking at some of the vs threads he's been involved in you'd believe that he was still a scrub centurian instead of Nova Prime. Makes me wonder if people here actually read the comics.

yeah i noticed he is severly underrated here. he's pretty bad@$$

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's a huge disparity with Superman. Bar one person, and maybe another if i'm forgetting, Superman doesn't get overrated on this forum. In fact he doesn't get NEARLY the benefit of the doubt that a lot of the other herald level characters do, simply because people are petty and just don't like him.

fact. he needs more luv here....

celeyhyga17
supes is very underrated here
nova is severly underrated (severely)
thor is slightly overrated (im a fan btw)
hulk is underrated
flash is overrated
wondy is slightly overrated
doom is overrated
captain marvel (DC) is underrated a bit
genis vel is slightly overrated
sentry is....erm.......bleh i dont like him
odin is slightly overrated
galactus is underrated
silver surfer is slightly overrated
batman is overrated a bit
iceman is overrated
juggernaut is very overrated
captain atom is underrated

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
captain marvel (DC) is underrated a bit

QFT

Wild Shadow
i always give my boy billy better odds then supe in the same scenario...

starwars

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i always give my boy billy better odds then supe in the same scenario...

starwars

The only thing that stops CM from being listed as a High Herald is his lack of versatility, imo. I've actually seen people claim that Superman obliterates him one on one when pretty much every encounter they've had in comics (canon and non-canon) is essentially a draw or ends due to plot device or some other specific circumstance. It doesn't help that DC doesn't know WTF to do with the Marvel Family at the moment, either.

Enyalus
The only thing that stops CM from being listed as a High Herald is his lack of versatility, imo. I've actually seen people claim that Superman obliterates him one on one when pretty much every encounter they've had in comics (canon and non-canon) is essentially a draw or ends due to plot device or some other specific circumstance. It doesn't help that DC doesn't know WTF to do with the Marvel Family at the moment, either.
I think they should probably just give up with the whole co-existing with Superman and the mainstream universe thing and give him his own universe. Like with Majestic.

JakeTheBank
I think they should probably just give up with the whole co-existing with Superman and the mainstream universe thing and give him his own universe. Like with Majestic.

I heard something about Morrison doing an Earth-5 thing with Marvel, but I don't know how that's coming along. Personally, I think that if they just went ahead and gave him an ongoing (with Billy as CM, not this Freddy-Shazam shit), he'd pull his own weight. Supposedly, Shazam (as in the Wizard) and the rest of the Marvel family will play a bigger role in '10, possibly with Brightest Day.

Enyalus
Freddy looks cooler than Billy, lol....

But meh. The Shazam! title has never pulled its own weight. Yet in 52 they got plenty of sales primarily using CM's rogue gallery. Proof that CM can do well if they'd give him a good writer. Morrison would be a great writer for a new CM run.

JakeTheBank
I think the interest is there for a Shazam! mini-series if not a full blown ongoing judging from the fanbase on the DC message boards alone. The only problem is that most writers just use him as a "magic Superman" instead of trying to focus on what makes him unique from Supes, and in his own way, cooler.

Enyalus
I have 12 gb worth of CM and the Marvel Family in general on my comp from 1940-53, and while I can't say anything about him being "cool"...there is a kind of nostalgia you get from reading it. A lot like reading a good Superman story or the early 60's Stan Lee-written stuff.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>