Nova Prime Vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
PIS, CIS and Jobbing are off.

Fight to the death.

Survivor19
Since i am biased, i vote for Poccy

Nihilist
Apoc wins by spitting bullets at him.

AlmightyKfish
Nova beats Apoc down.

TheTyrant
This is spite. A non-jobbing Apoc would beat down this GL wanna-be with his pinky.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by TheTyrant
This is spite. A non-jobbing Apoc would beat down this GL wanna-be with his pinky.

Nova has better feats than Apoc has ever had, and you know, hasn't lost to Gambit & co.

TheTyrant
Apoc has owned the X-Men so many times.

And what are those nice Nova feats? Nova isn't even low-herald.

Juk3n
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Nova has better feats than Apoc has ever had, and you know, hasn't lost to Gambit & co. Originally posted by galactusischere
PIS, CIS and Jobbing are off.

AlmightyKfish
Apoc has owned the X-Men so many times.

And what are those nice Nova feats? Nova isn't even low-herald.

Whut?

Nova went up against a full grown Technarch, and was doing fine, physically punching it up and blasting chunks out of it. Technarchs are beings that have been shown to destroy stars.

Nova tore Annihilus' guts out with his bare hands, after fighting Annihilus who was amped with the Quantum bands.

That's just two examples of feats >> anything Apoc has done

TheTyrant
Whut?

Nova went up against a full grown Technarch, and was doing fine, physically punching it up and blasting chunks out of it. Technarchs are beings that have been shown to destroy stars.

Nova tore Annihilus' guts out with his bare hands, after fighting Annihilus who was amped with the Quantum bands.

That's just two examples of feats >> anything Apoc has done

Loki has warped reality. Stalemated Seth in his realm.
H.E hs gone toe-to-toe with the big G.

Next.

AlmightyKfish
Loki has warped reality. Stalemated Seth in his realm.
H.E hs gone toe-to-toe with the big G.

Next.

Wasn't Loki trying tio recruit Apoc, and thus holding back? + Apoc didn't win that, or even come close.

And HE's showings fluctuate to a ridiculous level (that Galactus fight wasn't too impressive anyway, him & Galactus fired like, 4 blasts that missed, then Galactus bfr'd him)

Nova was shown to have the power output to lobotomise Ego the Living Planet, the durability & powers to survive plunging into a Neutron Star, he basically one shotted Moonstone in Nova #34...

TheTyrant
Wasn't Loki trying tio recruit Apoc, and thus holding back? + Apoc didn't win that, or even come close.

And HE's showings fluctuate to a ridiculous level (that Galactus fight wasn't too impressive anyway, him & Galactus fired like, 4 blasts that missed, then Galactus bfr'd him)

Nova was shown to have the power output to lobotomise Ego the Living Planet, the durability & powers to survive plunging into a Neutron Star, he basically one shotted Moonstone in Nova #34...

Loki wasn't holding back. and Apoc had the edge over him.

Harbinger of Apocalypse was wrecking a decent Avengers line-up with ease, and yet it was stated that even he wasn't much compared to Apocalypse himself

AlmightyKfish
So you know, Apoc has done nothing that equals Nova's feats.

+ Nova is far, far more versatile with his power set, and has a huge speed advantage over 'Poccy.

galactusischere
So you know, Apoc has done nothing that equals Nova's feats.

+ Nova is far, far more versatile with his power set, and has a huge speed advantage over 'Poccy.

Nova more versatile than APoc? lol.

Anyways sorry for making a spite thread.

JakeTheBank
LMFAO @ "Nova isn't even low-herald."

galactusischere
He isn't much higher though. Mid-Herald at best IMO.

darthgoober
Edit

Harbinger
Originally posted by dmills
Richard Rider aka Nova Prime is extremly underrated on KMC. Looking at some of the vs threads he's been involved in you'd believe that he was still a scrub centurian instead of Nova Prime. Makes me wonder if people here actually read the comics.

It's appropriate here.

galactusischere
He isn't more underrated than Apoc, I can assure you.

dmills
I'll decline to participate for fear of my head exploding over this.

dmills
I lied. A no pis no cis Nova Prime basically uses his gravity manipulation to increase Apocs mass so much that he collapses in on himself. Game over.

galactusischere
Apoc has complete molecular control of himself...

dmills
I'm no science major but doesn't gravity effect everything? Even the sub atomic bonds that hold together molecules?

Wild Shadow
I'm no science major but doesn't gravity effect everything? Even the sub atomic bonds that hold together molecules?

yes. no expression no amount of morphing ability can save his @$$ from that.

anyways Nova obvious win.

vansonbee
I lied. A no pis no cis Nova Prime basically uses his gravity manipulation to increase Apocs mass so much that he collapses in on himself. Game over. How long can he maintain it though & is it enough to crush Apocalypse before he run out of juice?

galactusischere
I'm no science major but doesn't gravity effect everything? Even the sub atomic bonds that hold together molecules? Not the point.

nicamarvin
I'm no science major but doesn't gravity effect everything? Even the sub atomic bonds that hold together molecules? .......................NOT IN COMICS.... mad

dmills
Originally posted by vansonbee
How long can he maintain it though & is it enough to crush Apocalypse before he run out of juice? He opens stargates that have such a massive gravitational output that he can't do it within a planet's atmosphere or it would destroy the planet.

He has full access to the entire Nova Force which has been described as a limitless energy source.

dmills
Originally posted by galactusischere
Not the point. Uh... o...k... I believe that you said Apoc has complete control of his molecules. I simply made the observation that molecules can be affected by gravity, so Apoc isn't safe from the attack that I described.

Q99
Point of order, just because he has control over his molecular structure doesn't mean other forces can't act upon it and cause changes themselves. He's still spending X amount of energy to enact a change in his structure, so if something spends more energy than X, it'll be able to cause a change (like damage) until he spends even more energy to counteract it.

the ninjak
Good to see Poccy getting some love here but Nova Prime would kick his ass!

galactusischere
Apoc is a mid-high herald level character. Nova is mid-herald at best.

Apoc has speed over him(teleportation).
Versatality(due to having all those powers).
Strenght.
and size.

plus he only has to take off Nova's helmet to mindrape him.

AlmightyKfish
Apoc is a mid-high herald level character. Nova is mid-herald at best.

Apoc has speed over him(teleportation).
Versatality(due to having all those powers).
Strenght.
and size.

plus he only has to take off Nova's helmet to mindrape him.

Except Worldmind can read incoming teleportation signatures (Annihilation #3 i think WM warns Nova right before the Centurians port in), so that wouldn't help Apoc much, and in pure speed Nova has a huge advantage.

What has Apoc done that makes him > Nova in strength? As I stated before, Nova was hurting a technarch with his punches, and has numerous other strength feats to his name.

And the amount of tricks Nova can pull out with his gravimetric powers makes him at least equal to Apoc in versatility, if not greater.

And Nova's power output is far above 'Poccy.

galactusischere
Except Worldmind can read incoming teleportation signatures (Annihilation #3 i think WM warns Nova right before the Centurians port in), so that wouldn't help Apoc much, and in pure speed Nova has a huge advantage.
Did the WM also warn Nova from which point/direction the incoming teleportation was coming from and to which point it was teleporting to??
and how fast is Nova exactly? I know that Apoc is MUCH faster than Quicksilver.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10069/514868-apocalypse_vs_hulk_00_super.jpg

It was Hulk that couldn't get any stronger, but he was faaar beyond class 100. and Apoc was doing that EASILY AT REGULAR SIZE. He can grow to be 100s of feet tall.

Fine.

Prove it.

Mshinu
Poccys ability to absorb energy and his shields should come in handy..

On the other hand.. I know next to nothing about Nova so I`ll stay out of this. embarrasment

AlmightyKfish
Did the WM also warn Nova from which point/direction the incoming teleportation was coming from and to which point it was teleporting to??
and how fast is Nova exactly? I know that Apoc is MUCH faster than Quicksilver.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10069/514868-apocalypse_vs_hulk_00_super.jpg

It was Hulk that couldn't get any stronger, but he was faaar beyond class 100. and Apoc was doing that EASILY AT REGULAR SIZE. He can grow to be 100s of feet tall.

Fine.

Prove it.

Nova lobotomised Ego the Living Planet with an energy blast, that alone is >> Anything Apocs energy blasts have done.

And imo, punching up a being that is hundreds of feet tall and consumes stars for life energy is more impressive than choking out the Hulk.

And as for Nova's speed, he was able to keep ahead of the Surfer in space combat with his speed, although Surfer was gaining on him. Another example is after SI when the Serpent Society took a bunch of hostages, Nova and 3 centurians inserted into the building and took out the Society in something like 3 seconds.

galactusischere
Nova lobotomised Ego the Living Planet with an energy blast, that alone is >> Anything Apocs energy blasts have done.

How is that fair? your comparing a person that is always in space, against someone who spends most of his time on earth. He hasn't probably even met Ego.
and I saw how he was faring against that monster that fed upon fear roll eyes (sarcastic) .
Surfer could have easily killed him while Galactus incinirated him with a thought while sitting on his throne.

Apoc can become hundereds of feet tall...
and Apoc was restraining Hulk EASILY, he was having no trouble.
and a pawn of Apoc(harbinger of apocalypse) would have killed a decent Avengers line-up in a cable comic. Though Apoc eventually destroyed the HoA himself.

Yea, Surfer was barely trying. After the got far away from Galactus, he even said so himself.
IDK about the second feat, but it can't be much faster than sound speed, and that is only Apoc's speed, not his teleportation.

dmills
Nova easily caught up to Darkhawk who was flying at 4 times the speed of sound. Nova's in general are known as some of the fastest beings in the universe according to Gamora.
Nova has also easily bested (the new hand to hand combat badass version) of Drax and Gamora in combat on more then one occasion. On another note Nova is ridiculously durable. Especially to blount or concussive force attacks. He can be cut though. Not sure how much strength someone has to have to cut him though.

So in summary, his class 100+ strength combined with his hand to hand combat ability, his durability and other powers with the Worldmind should allow him to take this IMO.

galactusischere
Nova easily caught up to Darkhawk who was flying at 4 times the speed of sound. Nova's in general are known as some of the fastest beings in the universe according to Gamora.
Nova has also easily bested (the new hand to hand combat badass version) of Drax and Gamora in combat on more then one occasion. On another note Nova is ridiculously durable. Especially to blount or concussive force attacks. He can be cut though. Not sure how much strength someone has to have to cut him though.

So in summary, his class 100+ strength combined with his hand to hand combat ability, his durability and other powers with the Worldmind should allow him to take this IMO.

Meh, Apoc is over 5000 years old, so really I don't see why he shouldn't have good H2H abilities/skills. And Drax/Gamora are slow pokes compared to Quick Silver which Apoc easily reacted to while he was busy fighting a few other heroes.

Granting that Apoc HAS studied adamantium, then he would be to turn his skin into a metal just as hard or dense.

Trackz
Uh... o...k... I believe that you said Apoc has complete control of his molecules. I simply made the observation that molecules can be affected by gravity, so Apoc isn't safe from the attack that I described. I'm pretty sure at the molecular level gravitational force is negligible compared to the strong forces at work, not positive though

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Trackz
I'm pretty sure at the molecular level gravitational force is negligible compared to the strong forces at work, not positive though

I think what dmills meant was that although Apoc can reconfigure his molecules to change shapes etc, Nova offensively using gravity will still affect him, even if he can shift his mass around...

galactusischere
No, Apoc can teleport beside him or become so dense, strong that he could be able to resist the gravitational force.

dmills
Call me crazy but I think Apoc becoming more dense would exacerbate his situation just a tad.

Bentley
Bumpy smile

leonidas
i see your bumpy and raise you a bumpity. smile

Surtur
Couldn't Nova just BFR Apoc?

leonidas
well assuming they are on earth, rich would never resort to a stargate. also not sure he'd use a gate on one opponent. let's say it would def not happen often...

Surtur
Why does he care about that when jobbing, PIS, and CIS are turned off?

leonidas
didn't see the cis was off. the stargate would likely obliterate apoc well before it bfr'd him then. i was much more interested in seeing how this battle would turn out without the use of a power he would never actually use in a battle....

tbh, i'm still not 100% sure how this would turn out. i'm leaning towards nova but apoc is tough to put down.

MF DELPH
Apocalypse can teleport. More times than not Rider's getting impaled or decapitated in this fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Apocalypse can teleport. More times than not Rider's getting impaled or decapitated in this fight.

LIES!

Nova Prime would have Apocalypse laid out faster than Rogue was in the XTAS.

leonidas
gotta go with lob on this one. speed and shields make it tough to see apoc winning via h2h for a majority. i have a tough time seeing rich putting apoc down for good though. still, rich seems to have more options available, hence the reason i still lean towards him for a majority...

Insane Titan
Apocalypse could go for the mental attack.

StiltmanFTW
Apocalypse wrecks that dick rider.

MF DELPH
Most of Nova's offense will have very little effect on Apocalypse to begin with. Bullcharging into Apocalypse isn't exactly Nova's best option either. He'd be better off keeping his distance. Apocalypse is stronger, more durable (particularly his Celestial Armor), and can adapt his physical makeup to make himself even less susceptible to what Nova attempts, and he can also erect shielding and teleport. Apocalypse also has energy attacks as well. And since this is a no PIS/CIS scenario, that means things like life force draining and body swapping are in play for Apocalypse (though not necessary for victory). Nova doesn't have Jarnbjorn at his disposal to bypass Apocalypse's Celestial armor durability. IMO, that's a big factor.

krisblaze
^even without the recent boost to his durability Apocalypse still seems to thrive on energy, whereas it's an effort for Nova to absorb it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Apocalypse could go for the mental attack.

Nova is immune to telepathic attacks.

Surtur

I don't think teleporting would help if the guy decides to open up a stargate. Apoc also just isn't fast enough to tele-shank Nova before he reacts.

Which, if he has no other method of achieving victory..it would be silly for him not to do everything in his power to not die.

LordofBrooklyn
Most of Nova's offense will have very little effect on Apocalypse to begin with. Bullcharging into Apocalypse isn't exactly Nova's best option either. He'd be better off keeping his distance. Apocalypse is stronger, more durable (particularly his Celestial Armor), and can adapt his physical makeup to make himself even less susceptible to what Nova attempts, and he can also erect shielding and teleport. Apocalypse also has energy attacks as well. And since this is a no PIS/CIS scenario, that means things like life force draining and body swapping are in play for Apocalypse (though not necessary for victory). Nova doesn't have Jarnbjorn at his disposal to bypass Apocalypse's Celestial armor durability. IMO, that's a big factor.

No PIS/CIS means Nova opens up a stargate in Apocalypse chest.

*cues Boyz 2 Men It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday for Apocalypse*

leonidas
well, tough to argue with that logic...or that tune. thumb up

MaZeRaIII
Nova.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.