Cop Out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
opens friday...

stars Bruce Willis... Tracy Morgan... Seann William Scott

Kazenji
Not for us in Australia gotta wait another month.

Myth
I like the director, I like the actors. I want to like the movie, but the commercials don't look very good. The red band trailers make it look better than the TV spots, but still looks disappointing considering the people involved.

Ms.Marvel
bad boys 3?

MildPossession
It's Kevin Smith, so I'm not rushing to see it...

Impediment
Kevin Smith only directed it. He didn't write/produce/edit the film.

This looks very passable.

Robtard
I like Smith and I like Willis, but this movie looks like total shit.

Impediment
Smith is good, but not excellent. Willis' last few films were debatable, in my opinion.

Agreed on the "total shit" part, though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
I like Smith and I like Willis, but this movie looks like total shit.

Originally posted by Impediment
Smith is good, but not excellent. Willis' last few films were debatable, in my opinion.

Agreed on the "total shit" part, though.

QFT

Neo_Version 7
Tracy Morgan's schtick is wearing a little thin but I'll still check it out. Surprisingly, I found his character quoting movies to be chuckle-worthy.

Kazenji
Seems that they are gonna start Die Hard 5 next year

REXXXX
Not looking forward to this.

MildPossession
I'm still not rushing out to see it.

The Nuul
Not big screen worthy for me.....shifty

jinXed by JaNx
Kevin McClane has united...,of course i'm going to be looking forward to this movie. I just hope it stops snowing so i can go see it. Pittsburgh busses are the goddamn worst.

Myth
Reviews so far are what I was expecting: terrible. I was hoping there was some element to this movie that made it worth while since I like the people involved, but doesn't sound like that is the case. Maybe when its on HBO I'll see it.

jinXed by JaNx
Went to see this on Saturday. It's definitely a bad movie, but it's a good bad movie. It's certainly not one of the better, buddy cop movies, but it has it's moments. I NEVER expect much out a buddy cop comedy and this one doesn't change the low expectations i have for them but i still had a good time. I didn't think i was going to be able to accept, Tracy Morgan playing opposite of Bruce Willis but there was some believable chemistry between the two of. It took a while to see this chemistry bloom but with the help of a few, more serious scenes, i became comfortable with how they acted off of each other.

I have to admit that i was feeling very regretful for paying full price after the first ten minutes of the movie. It starts out very very poorly with a few badly written scenes that stumble over themselves. It doesn't take to long, however, for the good jokes to make their appearance and once they start they really don't stop. The one thing that i liked a lot is seeing both, Willis and Morgan breaking their composure, mid line, and showing genuine half smirks. You can tell it was hard for these two to keep straight faces during filming lol

I wouldn't recommend that my fellow movie lovers here rush out to the theaters but i think most of you bastards would get some genuine laughs or heavy chuckles out of it...,look for dvd.

MildPossession

H. S. 6

Dylan Bank
They shot that a few blocks from my house, and it was funny to see Bruce Willis and Kevin Smith working. Not that I'll see the movie, but it was cool to walk by it.

The Nuul
Bruce is good as always but that black guy is annoying, bad movie. Just saw this.

Kazenji
Over at Rotten Tomatoes it has 19% rating

I'll be seeing it next week thats when it gets released here i suppose don't go in with high expectations.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bruce is good as always but that black guy is annoying, bad movie. Just saw this.

I quite enjoyed this movie and Tracy Morgan was alright

i suppose we both have different tastes when it comes to comedy.

Moscow
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seems that they are gonna start Die Hard 5 next year

They should quit while they are ahead. All four movies had McClane doing impossible maneuvers, but the 4th entry really took the cake on that one. (Remember him on the fighter jet?)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Moscow
They should quit while they are ahead. All four movies had McClane doing impossible maneuvers, but the 4th entry really took the cake on that one. (Remember him on the fighter jet?)

Oh wow.....its only a movie its not ment to be real.

SnakeEyes
No, I agree, the whole jet thing in the fourth was just too far...

The Nuul
Just saw Kevin Smith live and he talked about this movie. Bruce is very hard to work with and only does stuff his way. He does not follow direction at all. Everyone else was fine under Smiths direction. WB came to him first and wanted to to do this but it was a titled Couple of Dicks and was ment for Ferell and Walberg. This needed a R rating and not PG 13 and it had a small budget. The films budget could not afford top dollar for Will and Mark so they ended up with a different studio with the payout they wanted with Couple of Dicks ending up to be The Other Guys PG-13. Cop out came up after out of nowhere. He doesnt want to work with Bruce ever again.

The Nuul
Kevin has stated multiple times that he cannot act and direct worth shit but he give stuff a chance because important people want him too. He tried to do things his way and didnt work out well. He didnt even know the different lenses that the cameras use because he'd let the pros do it. But Bruce ripped on him for this and everything while on set. Hes now changed his directing habbits. He'd listen to other peoples ideas on set to see if they are any good and try them. His new movies will be like this.

Joe Buck
I like Kevin Smith, but man! This movie was a real stinker. How do you take Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan and NOT get something at least mildly watchable? What a waste of talent and time. Booooo! Hisss!

neo010
this comedy movie is fun.. I like it. Bruce , and tracy morgan , and Kevin Smith are great.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
No, I agree, the whole jet thing in the fourth was just too far...

And Arnie...Harrier Jet...True Lies wasn't too far?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.