24: Jack Bauer's Rival

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Who is Jack Bauer's most capable rival?

Based on (how you rank importance and weighting is up to you):

- Intelligence
- Unarmed Combat
- Weapons Proficiency
- Excellent Tactical mind
- Instincts
- Knowledge on Terrorism/Counter-Terrorism
- Experience
- Pain Tolerance/Strong Will Power
- Ability to infiltrate
- Ability to exfiltrate

These are the traits I believe are what makes Jack the best and unrivaled agent in the 24 Universe.

I've being rewatching 24 lately, and I've put what I think are the main contenders in the poll. Of course you can also state your own if you think someone else deserves to be mentioned.

Heres a list of the contenders and why they are in the list. Not in any particular order.

1. Nina Myers

Jack taught her many of the things she knows - she was taught by THE best. She also knows how he thinks.

2. Chase Edmunds

Also taught by Jack, but clearly not the closest rival, but still deserves a mention in my opinion.

3. Tony Almeida

Has worked with Jack for quite some time, he knows how he thinks and has proven it time and again. He also has vast experience in the field. His combat skills and instincts are not quite on par, but he is in the same league (still below, but not far behind) with Jack regarding the other aspects.

4. Christopher Henderson

Highly qualified, Captain of his former special forces team. Highly experienced with instincts as keen as Jacks. Also ran CTU for some years, his knowledge in intelligence matters is vast. Was able to deceive Jack even though he initially had strong suspicions against him. Most of all, he also taught Jack a few things when he recruited him.

5. Abu Fayed

Terrorist mastermind who also put up a fight against Jack during H2H combat. Very experienced.

6. John Quinn

Highly experienced professional hitman. Was able to frame Jack even in his presence. If he wanted to, he actually had the opportunity to have killed Jack.

7. Stephen Saunders

Former SAS and MI6, highly experienced. Hand picked by Jack for a special mission. Knows how Jack thinks.

8. Curtis Manning

Not much to say, he has always been intentionally depicted to be Jack's inferior. Doesn't really have any spectacular feats to his name. Nonetheless deserves a mention.

9. Mandy

What can I say? Probably one of the rare antagonists that survived over several seasons. Has done several big jobs, so I would say she is very experienced.

FinalAnswer
Either Tony or Henderson imo.

forumcrew
The only acceptable answer besides "Nina" is "his own government"

Neo_Version 7
It comes down to Nina, Tony, and Henderson. I'd throw Mandy in there as well for sheer tenacity.

Smasandian
Is it bad for the writers that I don't remember half of these characters.

Placidity
Originally posted by Smasandian
Is it bad for the writers that I don't remember half of these characters.

Well the truth is, if you don't remember half of them, you're not really a true fan of 24 sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.