Captain America Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
cap becomes as strong and dur as thor, he also has his shield. no bfr who wins

Black bolt z
How does cap...never mind.With those circumstances cap wins.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
cap becomes as strong and dur as thor, he also has his shield. no bfr who wins

Don't make Quan hurt you...

JakeTheBank
Thor wins. Cap still can't fly, and once he loses the shield or throws it too far, he's done for.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor wins. Cap still can't fly, and once he loses the shield or throws it too far, he's done for.

Like Mjonlir Cap's shield also returns to him. stick out tongue

galactusischere
Still Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
Like Mjonlir Cap's shield also returns to him. stick out tongue

Except when his shield is gone, hurtling through the air, Thor just bombards him. Thor still edges him out via flight, versatility, the range game, and power output.

Wild Shadow
Except when his shield is gone, hurtling through the air, Thor just bombards him. Thor still edges him out via flight, versatility, the range game, and power output.

Thor likes to fight on even terms and will use his exotic powers as a last resort..

Cap will take this and exploit it in order to engage him h2h distracting him from his shield returning to the back of the head...bam!!!

no more back talk from you.boxing

JakeTheBank
Thor likes to fight on even terms and will use his exotic powers as a last resort..

Cap will take this and exploit it in order to engage him h2h distracting him from his shield returning to the back of the head...bam!!!

no more back talk from you.boxing

If a powerless Thor held his own against Cap, why wouldn't a powered Thor be able to do the same against a likewise powered Cap?

Wild Shadow
If a powerless Thor held his own against Cap, why wouldn't a powered Thor be able to do the same against a likewise powered Cap?

holding his own does not imply either winning... cool now their are a lot of ppl who have held their own against Cap but did not win or would eventually lose.

darthgoober
Yeah but Cap's a better tactician than Thor so I doubt he'd throw his shield while Thor's still got his hammer. Don't get me wrong because Thor still has a massive versatility advantage that would give him the win in a forum fight, but if he gets dumb and tosses away his hammer I can definately see Cap dodging/blocking it and then KOing Thor with a shield throw.

Black bolt z
Ok for the life of me I can't remember this...does thors hammer come back to him?

JakeTheBank
holding his own does not imply either winning... cool now their are a lot of ppl who have held their own against Cap but did not win or would eventually lose.

Only besides being equal in strength and durability, Thor is Cap's superior in terms of power and versatility. Whose blows do you think will hurt most if they connect (assuming they do)? Cap with his shield, or Thor with Mjolnir?

darthgoober
Only besides being equal in strength and durability, Thor is Cap's superior in terms of power and versatility. Whose blows do you think will hurt most if they connect (assuming they do)? Cap with his shield, or Thor with Mjolnir?
Cap. If he can hurt someone like Wonderman with "peak human" strength, I don't see Thor taking too many shots when Cap's strength is the equal of his own.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ok for the life of me I can't remember this...does thors hammer come back to him? yes. Happy Dance it also responds to his mental command so he can order it and can chase down ppl as well

Black bolt z
Technically isn't caps shield harder then thors hammer?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but Cap's a better tactician than Thor so I doubt he'd throw his shield while Thor's still got his hammer. Don't get me wrong because Thor still has a massive versatility advantage that would give him the win in a forum fight, but if he gets dumb and tosses away his hammer I can definately see Cap dodging/blocking it and then KOing Thor with a shield throw.

totally agree big grin

Black bolt z
Cap's reflex's are much better than thors.

galactusischere
Technically isn't caps shield harder then thors hammer? No.

Wild Shadow
Nerve blows for the win... we all know Thor is susceptible to them imagine them coming from a 100 + tonner and a shield he be knocked the F@#$ out!!

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
No. Cap's shield is a mix of vibranium and adimantium.It's about as indestructable as it gets.It has only been broken twice as far as I know and that was against the infinty gauntlet and the beyonder.

darthgoober
Cap's shield is a mix of vibranium and adimantium.It's about as indestructable as it gets.It has only been broken twice as far as I know and that was against the infinty gauntlet and the beyonder.
It's vibranium and steel, not vibranium and adamantium.

Black bolt z
It's vibranium and steel, not vibranium and adamantium. No because I have the official handbook of the marvel universe in front of me right now and it says his shield is quote"a unique vibranium-adimantium alloy"

Wild Shadow
Are you sure?

yes. Adamantium was created later in order to replicate the shield

Black bolt z
No because I have the official handbook of the marvel universe in front of me right now and it says his shield is quote"a unique vibranium-adimantium alloy" I edited what I just said cuz I checked.

darthgoober
No because I have the official handbook of the marvel universe in front of me right now and it says his shield is quote"a unique vibranium-adimantium alloy"
Yeah. A writer goofed and put it as adamantiyum/vibranium in a handbook a while back, but Cap's shield is made of a unique vibranium/steel alloy that no one's been able to replicate since.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So basically a being who has Thor's physical stats, but has better skills and a projectile against the real Thor?

It's like Hercules except with a shield. Anyways Thor wins.

If this gets into hand to hand, Captain America takes it home.

A shield toss from him to Thor's face at this level could take off his head though.

Black bolt z
Yeah. A writer goofed and put it as adamantiyum/vibranium in a handbook a while back, but Cap's shield is made of a unique vibranium/steel alloy that no one's been able to replicate since. The page in the book says vibranium-steel alloy and vibranium-adimantium.It does say the adimantium alloy multiple times and steel alloy once.

darthgoober
The page in the book says vibranium-steel alloy and vibranium-adimantium.It does say the adimantium alloy multiple times and steel alloy once.
You're still talking about one handbook, I'm talking about pretty much every other handbook as well as the comics themselves.

OneDumbG0
Nobody mentioned that uber-Cap could disarm Thor with a well-placed shield blow and actually take and wield Mjolnir!

darthgoober
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nobody mentioned that uber-Cap could disarm Thor with a well-placed shield blow and actually take and wield Mjolnir!
Now that would be worth paying to see..

Panel One: Thor throws hammer.
Panel Two: Cap catches hammer.
Panel Three: Cap uses hammer to fly at Thor at lightspeed, and decapitates Thor with his shield.

I changed my mind, Cap wins the majority big grin .

no3le1

that has to be the dumbest post here, do you even compare there blows if they had the same strength? cap while peak human is able to hurt characters with super human durability like spider-man rhino hulk and he knows pressure points and nerve attacks , also cap is a very good martial artist which means due to his skills his strikes are much stronger then they should be so if he will be the same strength and durability as thor cap owns him 10/10 without even thinking he will just beat him down really badly i assume it will take 1 hit from cap and thor is down and if thor will try to fly then a shield throw ftw, if cap is able to throw the shield to the point it crash rocks and decapitate aliens mutants and other durable characters and is able to tear steel and all that with peak human strength then with thor strength power he will throw the shield too fast and strong for thor to react as i said captain america wins 10/10

D_Dude1210
You're still talking about one handbook, I'm talking about pretty much every other handbook as well as the comics themselves.

Isn't Cap's shield the first TRUE adamantium ever created (that was created from a unique mix of steel and vibranium)? The process was never replicated again, however. And the existing adamantium now is simply the closest attempt at duplicating the process?

rotiart
I always saw it as:

Caps shield> primary adamantium=godly adamantine>uru metal=secondary adamantium...

Caps shield was broken twice by molecular manipulation. Beyonder and infinity gauntlet... Once by king Thor through brute strength and recreated by Thor also...

Cap has also had a primary adamantium shield but he didn't like it. Without vibranium it didn't absorb impacts and was basically just an indestructible platter. The weight distribution was also different too.

Cap has a history of hurting bricks with his shield
ie. Hulk. Frost giants. Wrecking crew. Mr Hyde. Decapitated a secondary adamantium ultron. Etc.

Physically if cap is a 100 robber and connects Thor feels it.
But who wins? Thor still has flight gblast. Antiforce... And he could summon a storm from out of caps sight tossing lightning bolts down if Thor really wanted

Thor for the 6-7/10 majority

the ninjak
Cap spent years honing his skills with the shield, getting the weight and the feel right. With the upgrade in strength the second Cap throws it, it will go way off the mark! He gets one shot only and Thor while flying would dodge the inefficient throw with ease.....then bombard Cap with lightning.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the ninjak
Cap spent years honing his skills with the shield, getting the weight and the feel right. With the upgrade in strength the second Cap throws it, it will go way off the mark! He gets one shot only and Thor while flying would dodge the inefficient throw with ease.....then bombard Cap with lightning. he has thors durability though

the ninjak
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he has Thor's durability though

Then he lays his hammer on him ...forcing him onto the ground. Oh gosh darn Cap is probably noble enough to pick it up!
Then he teleports both of them into an Asgardian desert and leaves him there.

Survivor19
He is )

Darkesthero
that has to be the dumbest post here, do you even compare there blows if they had the same strength? cap while peak human is able to hurt characters with super human durability like spider-man rhino hulk and he knows pressure points and nerve attacks , also cap is a very good martial artist which means due to his skills his strikes are much stronger then they should be so if he will be the same strength and durability as thor cap owns him 10/10 without even thinking he will just beat him down really badly i assume it will take 1 hit from cap and thor is down and if thor will try to fly then a shield throw ftw, if cap is able to throw the shield to the point it crash rocks and decapitate aliens mutants and other durable characters and is able to tear steel and all that with peak human strength then with thor strength power he will throw the shield too fast and strong for thor to react as i said captain america wins 10/10

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darkesthero
that has to be the dumbest post here, do you even compare there blows if they had the same strength? cap while peak human is able to hurt characters with super human durability like spider-man rhino hulk and he knows pressure points and nerve attacks , also cap is a very good martial artist which means due to his skills his strikes are much stronger then they should be so if he will be the same strength and durability as thor cap owns him 10/10 without even thinking he will just beat him down really badly i assume it will take 1 hit from cap and thor is down and if thor will try to fly then a shield throw ftw, if cap is able to throw the shield to the point it crash rocks and decapitate aliens mutants and other durable characters and is able to tear steel and all that with peak human strength then with thor strength power he will throw the shield too fast and strong for thor to react as i said captain america wins 10/10 Originally posted by the ninjak
Cap spent years honing his skills with the shield, getting the weight and the feel right. With the upgrade in strength the second Cap throws it, it will go way off the mark! He gets one shot only and Thor while flying would dodge the inefficient throw with ease.....then bombard Cap with lightning.
do you really believe Thor would get into a h2h fight with Cap knowing his upgrade?Originally posted by the ninjak
Then he lays his hammer on him ...forcing him onto the ground. Oh gosh darn Cap is probably noble enough to pick it up!
Then he teleports both of them into an Asgardian desert and leaves him there.

Darkesthero
even if thor will fly as i said before cap while peak human throws his shield so fast it was able to reach as fast as a bullet and is able to hurt hulk the thing frost giants aliens and other durable characters cut steel in half act act and all that while he is peak human now please imagine how fast and strong cap will throw the shield with class 100 strength its an overkill he will murder thor any way

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darkesthero
even if thor will fly as i said before cap while peak human throws his shield so fast it was able to reach as fast as a bullet and is able to hurt hulk the thing frost giants aliens and other durable characters cut steel in half act act and all that while he is peak human now please imagine how fast and strong cap will throw the shield with class 100 strength its an overkill he will murder thor any way

Cap spent years honing his skills with the shield, getting the weight and the feel right. With the upgrade in strength the second Cap throws it, it will go way off the mark! He gets one shot only

again..........one shot!

Black bolt z
Cap spent years honing his skills with the shield, getting the weight and the feel right. With the upgrade in strength the second Cap throws it, it will go way off the mark! He gets one shot only and Thor while flying would dodge the inefficient throw with ease.....then bombard Cap with lightning. Cap would see thor calling lightning and use his shield to protect himself.Cap also has well enough aim to possibly knock the hammer out of thors hand.Cap is also much better is martial arts and with his upgrade he will be able to dodge all of thors attacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.