Batman: Under The Red Hood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Did you guys see the preview on the second disc of the Crisis On Two Earths dvd? It looks so damn neat. The story will depict the death of Jason Todd at the Joker's hand and the rise of the Red Hood vigilante who kills criminals. Black Mask and Nightwing are in it as well. Andrea Romano has said this movie reminds her of Batman TAS, which is a good thing in my book. No Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill sadly, in place we have Jensen Ackles from Supernatural as Red Hood, Bruce Greenwood as Batman, such an improvement over William Baldwin, and finally, Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing. Haha, Doo-gee Houser. So, lookin' forward to this.

-Pr-
Just heard about it. Looking forward to it.

Info: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=14979

BruceSkywalker
this is something i will be buying

The Nuul
This looks great but the voices better be right this time!

-Pr-
Trailer:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&from=sp&fg=shareEmbed&vid=c9358acd-5576-4f1f-9034-f061a3294951

Updated Cast:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

chomperx9
would you rather have kevin conroy do the voice of batman or christian bale ?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by chomperx9
would you rather have kevin conroy do the voice of batman or christian bale ?

This is really no contest.

Kevin Conroy for the ragestomp.

-Pr-
i have to admit, eckles and NPH as jason and nightwing are some pretty awesome voice choices.

trailer batman didn't really sound like the actor that plays him, so im kinda worried about that...

Scythe
I think Greenwood will do a good Batman, he has the gruff.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scythe

i do too. it just didnt sound like him on the trailer to me.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
i have to admit, eckles and NPH as jason and nightwing are some pretty awesome voice choices.

trailer batman didn't really sound like the actor that plays him, so im kinda worried about that... it wasnt conroy thats for sure

Scythe
i do too. it just didnt sound like him on the trailer to me.

Yeah, at the beginning of that trailer, I don't know, I thought it was Red Hood.

-Pr-
Release date: July 27th.

Details about the release:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2010/04/27/warner-premiere-formally-announces-batman-under-the-red-hood/

-Pr-
Watching this right now. Very impressed so far. It's as good as any DC movie imo...

The Nuul
Just watched this, it very good.

Robtard
Originally posted by Scythe

Agreed, but Conroy is the Batman; no one else comes close. IMO, he should do any and every Batman voice, animation, live film, whatever.

The Nuul
thumb up

The Nuul
I didnt care for the art and Jokers voice though.

Scythe
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed, but Conroy is the Batman; no one else comes close. IMO, he should do any and every Batman voice, animation, live film, whatever.

For me, cartoon wise, yes. Only Conroy exists, he's the Batman.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by chomperx9
would you rather have kevin conroy do the voice of batman or christian bale ? Is this a serious question?

Why isn't Conroy the voice here?

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
I didnt care for the art and Jokers voice though.

Watching this tonight, I did take a peek though; the animation did seem a bit shitty, from 1st impressions.

BruceSkywalker
I will watch this tomorrow...

Rage.Of.Olympus
This was excellent. Watched yesterday. Easily on par with the best animated stuff I've seen put out from the big 2.

-Pr-
why are people ragging on the animation?

BruceSkywalker
loved it a whole lot.. wished Nightwing was in it more.. Jason was badass...

i'm not, i loved the animation

Robtard
Solid story and the animation was fine upon full viewing. One of the better animated movies to date.

One thing I didn't care for, the way Black Mask was portrayed, I prefer the cool and calculating master-criminal, over the ranting thug-boss, as he was here.

chomperx9
bruce greenwood does ok with batman. doesnt beat conroy but he passes.

Impediment
I just watched this tonight.

I have to admit, it was a pretty solid film. I give it 8.5/10.

My only gripe is that John DiMaggio's voice (Bender from Futurama) just didn't seem to settle well as Joker.

BlackZero30x
I loved the plot
I liked the art
I enjoyed the movie

although

The Writing(the jokers lines)felt "forced" and campy like they tried to hard.

The Voice acting bothered me more then anything(yet again the joker mainly...batman didn't bother me surprisingly)

chomperx9
cant decide whose voice is worse. the jokers from under the rood or batmans voice from crisis on two earthes

cherry cola
I saw the movie today I thought it was pretty good. The voices were good would have been better if they had used the familiar ones like Hamil and Conroy. Nightwing should have been used more. Love the end fight.

namorsubby
I'm in the middle of watching this as we speak.

Thus far, I absolutely love it.big grin

Voices could have been better though. Actually, really just The Joker's, but I can live with it.

namorsubby
Just finished watching it.

I gotta say, really, this is one of my all-time favorite movies, period.

chomperx9
Originally posted by namorsubby
Just finished watching it.

I gotta say, really, this is one of my all-time favorite movies, period. yeah its worth getting on blu ray

Sanford.
shit was basically cash.

iceman24567
Pretty much even though Nightwing had to be taken out of the game early erm

Stoic
This movie was the Truth! My girl's gonna love it.

The Nuul

It just looked like a typical Saturday cartoon. It didnt look like a anime movie like some of the others.

Gecko4lif
I love jenson ackles voice

red hood for life yo.

Can someone explain what happened at the end to me? Im slightly confused

john allerdyce
which part specifically?

Gecko4lif
The part with the exsplosion at the end.

I must have missed what happened with mask after that point

Galan007
Just watched this, and I was impressed. It was one of the few animated Marvel/DC movies that has actually been enjoyable the entire way through. I would give it an 8-9/10 overall.

The only thing I didn't really like was the delivery of Joker's lines. John DiMaggio's voice fit Joker well, but the way he delivered the one-liners and quippy comments felt forced... Like he was trying to 'out-pizazz' Mark Hamill or something. I also thought the appearance of Amazo was very odd and random. /shrug

Very good flick, though. Worth buying.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
The part with the exsplosion at the end.

I must have missed what happened with mask after that point What happened to Jason at the end was left up to the imagination.

kgkg
Good Stuff... I was impressed.

This was the best DC animated movie I have seen so far.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Just watched this, and I was impressed. It was one of the few animated Marvel/DC movies that has actually been enjoyable the entire way through. I would give it an 8-9/10 overall.

The only thing I didn't really like was the delivery of Joker's lines. John DiMaggio's voice fit Joker well, but the way he delivered the one-liners and quippy comments felt forced... Like he was trying to 'out-pizazz' Mark Hamill or something. I also thought the appearance of Amazo was very odd and random. /shrug

Very good flick, though. Worth buying.

What happened to Jason at the end was left up to the imagination.

amazo was better explained in the comic book iirc...

Galan007
amazo was better explained in the comic book iirc... Sorta/kinda. But even in the comic, Amazo's appearance was still pretty random..

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Sorta/kinda. But even in the comic, Amazo's appearance was still pretty random..

lol, true. but i liked it.

WanderingDroid
Where are all the Winick haters @?

He just PWN3D JOO! Best Batman animated in quite awhile.

Jason Todd has finally grown on me.

PRAYERRUN
Ok ya'll gonna think me weird, but I thought the Joker was hillarious. He sounded a little like the Jack Nickleson version from Batman. Loved Nightwing and Red Hood too.

derekwc
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Where are all the Winick haters @?

He just PWN3D JOO! Best Batman animated in quite awhile.

Jason Todd has finally grown on me.

I'm a card carrying Winick hater, but that doesn't change that this flick was well adapted/streamlined to the DTV timeframe, had terrific action sequences and voice work.

Also most changes from the books I approved of. Didn't like watching the Society Villains like Hyena or Capt Nazi getting beat up, so the Hand of Four worked out way better in my opinion.

I think this was one of the most enjoyable DC DTVs (save the whole Amazo pwning which I can let slide).

And Jensen Ackles performed the great herculean task of making me like Jason Todd. smile

So I wrote up this little piece on my blog after I saw the film.

My Top Ten Favorite Jason Todd Stories

WanderingDroid
Yay! A convert! wink

FrothByte
I felt the animation kinda lacking. I mean, it was good enough, just that it fell below the animation of public enemies and crisis on two earths. it looked more like a sunday cartoon.

had problems with the joker's voice too.

i loved how they portrayed the brutality of the crowbar scenes... although i wish it could have been more realistic (no on stands up after getting a beating like that with a crowbar).

wish nightwing was given more screentime.

but all in all, very good film. jason todd is the modern day batman. definitely badass.

PRAYERRUN
It was neat the way Batman realized Red Hood knew his real name. That was just cool!!

willRules
This was easily the best DC animated feature I've watched. It was great to see such a strong correlation between the movie and the comics. My only gripe was Ras Al Ghul's justification for bringing Jason back seemed a bit weak and silly. This was a minor problem though and I was thoroughly impressed with the whole feature.

I would love to see an animated Nightwing movie spin off from this. Or perhaps more DC comics brought to life in this manner? COIE as an animated movie? Sinestro Corps War? A Secret Six movie? Blackest Night? If they can adapt those as well as they did this storyline, that would be awesome.

Zack Fair
Amazing movie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
This was easily the best DC animated feature I've watched. It was great to see such a strong correlation between the movie and the comics. My only gripe was Ras Al Ghul's justification for bringing Jason back seemed a bit weak and silly. This was a minor problem though and I was thoroughly impressed with the whole feature.

I would love to see an animated Nightwing movie spin off from this. Or perhaps more DC comics brought to life in this manner? COIE as an animated movie? Sinestro Corps War? A Secret Six movie? Blackest Night? If they can adapt those as well as they did this storyline, that would be awesome.

they're already doing it with the return of supergirl.

Scythe
I thought it was rad. Loved Thomas Jane as Hex, I'm a fan of his work. Haha, I loved how I could still hear Bender in the Joker's voice. "CHEESE IT"

majid86
Ive just started to watch this online and the actual plot sounds interesting

Dreampanther
Originally posted by willRules

I would love to see an animated Nightwing movie spin off from this. Or perhaps more DC comics brought to life in this manner?

Agreed - really thought it was one of the best animated films I'd seen in a while - can't wait to see more of they keep this up!

That scene in the beginning where the Joker just keeps pounding, and pounding, and pounding - actually gave me goosebumps!

Doc Ock
This movie was so awesome. My favorite animated Batman movie to date.

Allankles
My favorite animated Batman... anything to date also. It ranks no.1 for me as far as DC animated movies go so far.

Darth Martin
Best animated comic book film of all time. Second best Batman film of all time. This was epic!

I was suprised to find that Greenwood's Batman and DiMaggio's Joker performances were actually pretty impressive. Not as good as Conroy and Hamill of course; but what the hell is? I though the Joker here brought back the overall grittiness of Ledger's take on the character.

Loved the direct qoutes and scenes stole from the comic books; especially the confrontation at the end between Batman, Red Hood, and the Joker. Classic how Joker is unaware of whats going on and who Red Hood is. He looks at Robin, then at Batman, then back to Robin. Stares at us and starts laughing creepily. Perfect!

This is a classic among comic book films. Easily the best comic book film to come out this year by far.

Of course, it was cool to see the new gadgets, the amazingly choreographed fight scenes, and real tension building. The scene where Joker killed Black Masks thugs totally caught me by suprise. It was hilarious where he was just eating chips nonchalantly when Black Mask had desperateness all in his voice and facial expression.

Guest appearances from Nightwing and Ra's Al Ghul are always welcomed too.

Well done.

K.Diddy
beer I'm gonna go rent this...This thread has convinced me

K.Diddy
smokin' Ok,just seen it and was pretty impressed,Great story,Although I didn't really like the whole ''Robin back from the dead'' thing,would of preferred if he was just thought of too be dead but had actually survived,but thats just nitpicking really. 8/10

spidermanrocks
This was a great movie. It is my second favorite animated Batman movie so far (first being Mask of Phantasm).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.