Thanos(with IG) vs. the living tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
There have been times when the LT almost fought the IG but they haven't acctually fought yet.who takes this?

Nihilist
laughing out loud bad spite thread.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Black bolt z
There have been times when the LT almost fought the IG but they haven't acctually fought yet.who takes this?

Do you love Vulcan and Sentry?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud bad spite thread. How is it spite?

Nihilist
How is it spite? You know why Petey, LT dealt with the IG with just a getsure.

Black bolt z
You know why Petey, LT dealt with the IG with just a getsure. When?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Do you love Vulcan and Sentry? I don't even know who those are...

Nihilist
When? Warlock and the infinity watch#1 iirc.

Wei Phoenix
You know why Petey, LT dealt with the IG with just a getsure.

Sure you're traveling down the right lane?

Nihilist
Sure you're traveling down the right lane? laughing out loud for sure.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LT

galactusischere
Thread of the year. LT stomps.

Black bolt z
Warlock and the infinity watch#1 iirc. That did not happen.what happened was that the LT ruled against warlock.Warlock did not want to give up his omnipotence and threatened to fight the LT.The LT told him that in doing so the universe would be destroyed.Warlock could see he was telling the truth and thus relinquished his power without a fight.At no point did they fight.

Omega Vision
Living Tribunal with a gesture.

Nihilist
That did not happen.what happened was that the LT ruled against warlock.Warlock did not want to give up his omnipotence and threatened to fight the LT.The LT told him that in doing so the universe would be destroyed.Warlock could see he was telling the truth and thus relinquished his power without a fight.At no point did they fight. He reversed the effects of the IG with a click of his fingers.

LT did say the universe would get destroyed, but that wouldnt do jack to effect LT in the slightest, LT was only concerned about the damage the battle would do to the universe, it was made quite clear that LT had the power to dwarf th IG.

Omega Vision
Comparing the IG to the LT is like comparing Odin to a Celestial.

Black bolt z
He reversed the effects of the IG with a click of his fingers.

LT did say the universe would get destroyed, but that wouldnt do jack to effect LT in the slightest, LT was only concerned about the damage the battle would do to the universe, it was made quite clear that LT had the power to dwarf th IG. Yes he brought back to life eternity galactus and all the ohters that warlock killed when he got mad but the gauntlet could have done that too.It also in no way showed that the LT's powers were greater then that of the IG.

galactusischere
You can't be serious...

Wild Shadow
his logic is flawless. there was no indication that either held more power then the other.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
his logic is flawless. there was no indication that either held more power then the other.

LT made the IG useless, and it was made clear that the IG wouldn't have been able to operate properly in another universe.

Omega Vision
The IG is one or two orders of magnitude weaker than the LT without the Ego Gem.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
LT made the IG useless, and it was made clear that the IG wouldn't have been able to operate properly in another universe. he didn't make he gems useless he granted in favor of eternity and he said that the gems couldn't be used in unison.This also shows no indication that in a fight the LT would win.

galactusischere
he didn't make he gems useless he granted in favor of eternity and he said that the gems couldn't be used in unison.This also shows no indication that in a fight the LT would win.

LT is beyond omniversal, while the IG is limited to only the prime universe.

Black bolt z
LT is beyond omniversal, while the IG is limited to only the prime universe. Not nessicarily.In infinity war#5 doom and kand are trying to kill magus and (I forget exactly where in the comic)kang says that they could just as well go to another universe and get the other universes infinity gems.

galactusischere
they could just as well go to another universe and get the other universes infinity gems.

You just destroyed your whole arguement with that..
there are Infinity Gems in each universe.

Black bolt z
You just destroyed your whole arguement with that..
there are Infinity Gems in each universe. what do you mean I destroyed my arugment?this is about who is more powerful,the LT or thanos with the IG.

galactusischere
what do you mean I destroyed my arugment?this is about who is more powerful,the LT or thanos with the IG. LT teleports Thanos into another universe.

Black bolt z
LT teleports Thanos into another universe. Then he teleports back...

galactusischere
Then he teleports back... LT wouldn't allow it. and the IG would be useless in another universe.

Black bolt z
LT wouldn't allow it. and the IG would be useless in another universe. How can he not allow it...thats just not possible...to stop someone who can travel universes from going to another universe.And how would it not work in another universe.

galactusischere
How can he not allow it...thats just not possible...to stop someone who can travel universes from going to another universe.And how would it not work in another universe.

You have to re-read the arc..

Badabing
and the IG would be useless in another universe. Originally posted by Black bolt z
And how would it not work in another universe. facepalm

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_ReedIG.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Badabing

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_ReedIG.jpg
thumb up

Now it's clear as day that the IG is only 'omnipotent' in its respective universe.

LT rules over the Omniverse. There is only one LT, and he can de-activate any IG with a whim.

Of course, he would do jack shit against Nemesis with the complete IG, since she existed even before Oblivion.

Omega Vision
How can he not allow it...thats just not possible...to stop someone who can travel universes from going to another universe.And how would it not work in another universe.
Its easily possible for the LT. LT is the benchmark for measuring nigh-omnipotents and the IG doesn't come close to having his number. "Weakest" being who could beat the LT for a majority would have to be WF Mxy.

Slaanesh
IG can only be use in its own universe..means it's not multiversal level item..that mean it is <<< LT..

i previously thought the IG could give LT a good fight..but after what happen in FF..i doubt it could even scratch the LT..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Slaanesh
IG can only be use in its own universe..means it's not multiversal level item..that mean it is <<< LT..

i previously thought the IG could give LT a good fight..but after what happen in FF..i doubt it could even scratch the LT..
IG is a big fish in a small pond when it comes to comparing it to the LT.

Black bolt z
I read what badabing had posted and I do see what you are saying but would thanos with the IG let him teleport him to another universe?I mean he has the power to stop it.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
IG is a big fish in a small pond when it comes to comparing it to the LT. thumb up

redhotrash
I thought the IG was only a gauntlet because Thanos put the gems on his glove. What are the odds that someone from another universe would also decide to use a glove to hold them, not to mention one identicle to the one used by Thanos? Just nitpicking.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by redhotrash
I thought the IG was only a gauntlet because Thanos put the gems on his glove. What are the odds that someone from another universe would also decide to use a glove to hold them, not to mention one identicle to the one used by Thanos? Just nitpicking. The part above thanos's glove is true but it might just be too much trouble for marvel to go to the trouble to create a whole new design for the gauntlet.It's just easier to represent it in gauntlet form.

redhotrash
I want a infinity bracelet damn it.

Omega Vision
I thought the IG was only a gauntlet because Thanos put the gems on his glove. What are the odds that someone from another universe would also decide to use a glove to hold them, not to mention one identicle to the one used by Thanos? Just nitpicking.
I think other than glove the best options would be an Infinity Belt, and Infinity Sword, or even better an Infinity Suit of Armor with a Gem in each major piece of armor.

Wild Shadow
LT made the IG useless, and it was made clear that the IG wouldn't have been able to operate properly in another universe. i know that the LT declared that the gems would not be used in unison. LT did not enforce the verdict until warlock submitted to the ruling there for showing LT had no power over the collective gems without warlock submitting to his ruling.

if that isnt enough warlock and LT confirmed that LT could not enforce the ruling without force and even then it isnt clear who would win.

the fact that IG loses its power in other universes is pointless and has nothing to do within the 616 U and a fight bewteen the LT.

i can also point out the times when the gems continued to function while being together.

when Strange had them they continued to work... Rune also used the gems and even brought them to his universe and again continued to function...

not saying they worked at optimum lvls but they sure as hell broke the LT ruling.

Wei Phoenix
I read what badabing had posted and I do see what you are saying but would thanos with the IG let him teleport him to another universe?I mean he has the power to stop it.

No he doesn't.

Wild Shadow
No he doesn't. yes he does. a fully functional IG is not getting stopped by LT.

AsbestosFlaygon
A fully functional IG = The Nemesis (Infinity Being)

No one has power over all Infinity Gems except her.

I do agree, however, that a 'fully functional IG' (or Nemesis herself) is above LT.

Wei Phoenix
yes he does. a fully functional IG is not getting stopped by LT.

Did you read what I quoted?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

I do agree, however, that a 'fully functional IG' (or Nemesis herself) is above LT.

How so?

Wild Shadow
Did you read what I quoted?

i read everything u said. from the 1st page u trying to insult a poster to you stating LT will win... it doesnt make you anymore right then anyone else. smokin'

Wei Phoenix
i read everything u said. from the 1st page u trying to insult a poster to you stating LT will win... it doesnt make you anymore right then anyone else. smokin'

You do know that you disagreed with me and agreed with me at the same time right?

Badabing
I think Quan should be in charge of all Thanos threads. mmm

galactusischere
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

A fully finctional IG = 6 gems
The Nemesis = 7 gems
LT > The Nemesis and Alien Entity.

Wei Phoenix
I think Quan should be in charge of all Thanos threads. mmm

May I be in charge of moderating my fellow Black members? Mainly I just want to own Mindset.

AsbestosFlaygon

That's where you're wrong.

I believe Mr. Master can give you a more detailed answer as to why Nemesis and AE >>>>> LT
I'm not really that much well-versed about the Marvel cosmology

AFAIK, Nemesis had total control of Marvel's Omniverse before the spark of creation...
The Alien Entity, on the other hand, contained all of Marvel's past, present, and future WITHIN him (that includes LT and all other Abstracts)

psycho gundam
May I be in charge of moderating my fellow Black members? Mainly I just want to own Mindset. and that doesn't sound racist one bit....

Enyalus
May I be in charge of moderating Wei, who in turn moderates all the Black members? Mainly I'm white and just want more power than the black guys.

Also, LT wins.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and that doesn't sound racist one bit....

If I were White it'd be.

King Kandy
I think that in all the universes, Thanos was still the first one to do it. And afterwords they used gauntlets in the tradition of Thanos.

Enyalus
The gauntlet suited Thanos's taste for the pimp hand.

psycho gundam
thanos invented that whole thing, he even christened the "soul gems" infinity gems after gaining the entire set the second time he went after them.

and yeah it's his glove that that the arc was named after, nobody else ever used them in unison before him, everyone else just copied him (except doom) or possibly acquired them like warlock did in the IG saga *shrugs*

Mindset
I think Quan should be in charge of all Thanos threads. mmm I think Quan should be in charge of all threads.

AsbestosFlaygon
Quan for mod

Mr Master
The 616 IG (even as an incomplete IG) has performed OUTSIDE of 616,
like merging the entire 616 Universe with a duplicate 616 Universe
while situated in yet another separate third Universe.

So, the Reed scan surely does not pertain to the 616 IG,
he's referring to alternate IGs,
which on panel have proven to be nothing more than universal.

Eternity also stated that the Power Gem alone,
can threaten a good portion of the Omniverse ("all that is Infinity and I"wink was the literal quote)

So, the incomplete IG feat coupled with Eternity's statement,
in addition with the fact that the 616 IG was functional in an entirely different Multiverse (Rune's)
makes it clear that the 616 IG is GOD (below TOAA) in your hand.

That said, the LT was directly empowered by TOAA to surpass the 616 IG,
literally stated by the LT himself, "I represent forces that dwarf even your might"
Warlock also stated while in omnipotence,
that he was "ordered by a representative of one who is above even Gods"

This strongly suggests, that it's TOAA that is above the IG,
and so long as the LT is directly empowered by TOAA, he is above the IG as well.

*** As for the Infinity Being & the Alien Entity:

The Infinity Being created the LT and everything else,
and the Alien Entity repeated this act.

We know this is true, because the LT came from the original Big Bang,
which is exactly what the Infinity Being became via suicide,
in additon to also creating the Infinity Gems.

So, imo, the Infinity Being was, or would be above the LT,
and the Alien Entity is unofficially above the LT as well.

That also said, the LT has only been defeated by TOAA's power (THOTI)
so, in current continuity, the LT is second to TOAA,
the Infinity Being no longer exists as such,
and the AE is the embodiment of the "Fires of Creation" that spawned the Omniverse again,
so, none of these characters will ever appear again imo.

Therefore, leaving the LT alone at the top,
until the 31st Century when Protege comes into the picture and superceeds the LT,
and then Scathan pops up to stomps all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LT wouldn't allow it. and the IG would be useless in another universe.

Magus with the an Incomplete IG proved otherwise. He was in a totally different location outside either universe and merged two seperate universe together.

Edit: I quoted and posted from page 2 and didn't even see the above posted by Mr. Master yet. He summed up what I had to say... The 616 IG is TOTALLY different than all other IG's.

KuRuPT Thanosi
A fully finctional IG = 6 gems
The Nemesis = 7 gems

False... the LT came from the IB. The LT overpowered the IG because of TOAA. Get your facts straight Galactus

Omega Vision
If I were White it'd be.
Sure because white people are the only ones capable of racism.
stick out tongue

galactusischere
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
False... the LT came from the IB. The LT overpowered the IG because of TOAA. Get your facts straight Galactus

Meh. But still LT>IG.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Meh. But still LT>IG.

yeah and the 616 IG is very different than all other IG's. That is made clear through narration and depiction.

galactusischere
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
yeah and the 616 IG is very different than all other IG's. That is made clear through narration and depiction.

Still, LT wins, cause there is only one of him.

Omega Vision
Still, LT wins, cause there is only one of him.
I agree with your sentiment but not your logic.

Endless Mike
I recognize that avatar - Peterlane

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I agree with your sentiment but not your logic.

Are you questioning my wisdom?

guy222
LT FTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.