Which Ninja could beat Deva Pain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Ok, in Naruto, it's pretty clear no-one can beat Pain with all his bodies without help.

But, what of just Deva? Unlike the other bodies, of which a good jonin could beat, Deva Path is S-class on his own. Great physical speed and skill with blades, and the gravity blasts.

Which ninja could handle him? Assume no knowledge of recharge times going in.

Kero_Co
Jubei

Quincy
haha. Sasuke.

Q99
Originally posted by Quincy
haha. Sasuke.

Not at the moment he couldn't smile

But yea, with Susano'o he could. Likewise Itachi, even easier.

Hm... I wonder if Sasuke could with his old snake power set.

yungz22
raikage sasuke danzo kakashi
gai and lee - if they can open the gates in time
kakuzu- his attacks are devastating
maybe garra- depending circumstances
jiraiya
8 tails maybe

Q99
Dunno about Gai and Lee- even if they opened some gates, I'd think Pain still has the reaction time to grav-smush them, and that can do a lot of damage.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Q99
Not at the moment he couldn't smile

But yea, with Susano'o he could. Likewise Itachi, even easier.

Hm... I wonder if Sasuke could with his old snake power set.
Sasuke or Itachi can use Susanoo if they want - it won't help them any when he uses Chibaku.

danteiscool
Itachi, Raikage, maybe Killer Bee, Danzo if he can do it quickly, and possibly Gaara.

King Kandy
I don't see Danzo or Gaara working at all. Raikage, maybe, Bee if he fights smart and focuses on speed, maybe. Sasuke and Itachi, no unless they get lucky with Amaterasu.

Kento
Danzo at best would be a stalemate or Pain defeats him.

Minato is probable but it would be hard to do if he does.

Itachi could go either way if it's just Deva Realm.

Kakashi and Madara's hax-space/time jutsu beat him straight up. In Kakashi's case it's what's faster Shinra Tensei or Kamui though.

Besides that I doubt anybody could take Deva. Shinra Tensei can pretty much one-shot anybody. Same with Chibaku Tensei. Though 8-tails may be a problem since 8-tailed Naruto was busting out (even though Pain said he could make it stronger) but Bee probably wouldn't have the time to unleash him anyway.

yungz22
Originally posted by Q99
Dunno about Gai and Lee- even if they opened some gates, I'd think Pain still has the reaction time to grav-smush them, and that can do a lot of damage. the gates is too fast for that look atthe garra vs lee fight but yea you are right if they get hit once its over.

yungz22
i think garra can beat him because of the ultimate defense.....sand also he cant change the landscape of the battle field to make basically everything sand. it would be like kimmimaro vs garra.....only difference is pein can use a tensei every 5 secs

Q99
But if he blasted the sand out of the way, he could get in close and skewer Gaara.

Remember Kimimaro only lost because of his sickness, he was about to win right at the end there.

yungz22
Originally posted by Q99
But if he blasted the sand out of the way, he could get in close and skewer Gaara.

Remember Kimimaro only lost because of his sickness, he was about to win right at the end there. kimmimaro was crushed countless times during that fight he only lived because of the bones.... if pein blasts the sand away and gets close he still is gonna have to deal with the automatic defense which is dangerous in its own right that blade isnt getting through.

Q99
The blade disrupts chakra, remember. If he blasted hard enough he might blast away even the sand used for automatic defense too.

Kento
Originally posted by yungz22
i think garra can beat him because of the ultimate defense.....sand also he cant change the landscape of the battle field to make basically everything sand. it would be like kimmimaro vs garra.....only difference is pein can use a tensei every 5 secs Gaara still gets taken out by Chibaku Tensei. Even if it's possible he can block a normal shinra tensei.

yungz22
Originally posted by Kento
Gaara still gets taken out by Chibaku Tensei. Even if it's possible he can block a normal shinra tensei.

true but it can be argued that garra could create a battlefield of sand at his dispposal. so when pein uses chibaku all he would be doing is picking up sand which would never hurt garra.

ok here is another scenario lets say garra uses sand tsunami which we both know is a shit load of sand. pein can do two things dodge to some extent like kimmimaro did or blast some away with a tensei....he mostikely would do the second thing..this is bad for him because now he has to reharge while garra can throw many other sand variants at him

and remember garra's sand isnt slow it blocked amaterasu

Q99
Hm, maybe Gaara could make a protective ball of sand, get sucked in but prevent from being crushed, then once the force decreases, break out.

Kento
true but it can be argued that garra could create a battlefield of sand at his dispposal. so when pein uses chibaku all he would be doing is picking up sand which would never hurt garra.

ok here is another scenario lets say garra uses sand tsunami which we both know is a shit load of sand. pein can do two things dodge to some extent like kimmimaro did or blast some away with a tensei....he mostikely would do the second thing..this is bad for him because now he has to reharge while garra can throw many other sand variants at him

and remember garra's sand isnt slow it blocked amaterasu The sand would get compressed from teh gravity ball. How would it not hurt him? His chakra in it isn't going to make it strong enough to resist.

His best bet would to be just to bury Deva Realm like he did Kimimaro. Kimi had a way to get out, and had the power to resist the crushing force. Deva doesn't have either. He'd just have to be able to do it before Deva Realm can beat him. Or before Deva throws him around so he can't do much of anything. So I guess Gaara has a shot.

King Kandy
Sand avalanche, deva can just fly out of there.

yungz22
The sand would get compressed from teh gravity ball. How would it not hurt him? His chakra in it isn't going to make it strong enough to resist.

His best bet would to be just to bury Deva Realm like he did Kimimaro. Kimi had a way to get out, and had the power to resist the crushing force. Deva doesn't have either. He'd just have to be able to do it before Deva Realm can beat him. Or before Deva throws him around so he can't do much of anything. So I guess Gaara has a shot. i was refering to the chakra garra mixed in the sand wouldnt he be able to reduce the damage.....but i digress all im saying depending the circumstances he can win

yungz22
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sand avalanche, deva can just fly out of there. he csnt fly fast enough out of there plus the avalanche is at least 100ft tall and wide its alot of sand

Kento
i was refering to the chakra garra mixed in the sand wouldnt he be able to reduce the damage.....but i digress all im saying depending the circumstances he can win I don't see why. But yea I agree. It's entirely possible if Gaara fights in his own country, or where he fought Kimi even, that he has a shot. It may be slim but still.

King Kandy
he csnt fly fast enough out of there plus the avalanche is at least 100ft tall and wide its alot of sand
Based on what? He flied above 100 ft to over Konoha, in pretty much no time at all. Kimimaro could dodge the sand avalanche and pretty much run even with it, but Pein flying can't? Where's the logic?

Kento
Gaara can just hold him in place if needed. Besides Kimimaro never ran, and Sand Avalanche was a good 110-150 feet high and on him fast.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v25/c217/14.html

But really I meant just doing this. Pull him down underground.

NemeBro
Madara could beat all of Pain's bodies. no expression

Unable to be hit, and can instantly port you to another dimension.

Pain cannot **** with brokeness like that.

yungz22
Gaara can just hold him in place if needed. Besides Kimimaro never ran, and Sand Avalanche was a good 110-150 feet high and on him fast.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v25/c217/14.html

But really I meant just doing this. Pull him down underground.

also he could do this

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v24/c215/13.html

what garra did at the setting of kimmimaro he could do anywhere because he created that sand with his

yungz22
chakra

King Kandy
Originally posted by NemeBro
Madara could beat all of Pain's bodies. no expression

Unable to be hit, and can instantly port you to another dimension.

Pain cannot **** with brokeness like that.
Correct... except for Nagato. He can remove Madara's soul with Gedo Mazo.

Kento
Correct... except for Nagato. He can remove Madara's soul with Gedo Mazo. But could he if Madara can't be touched?

King Kandy
I don't see why not, the tongue that pulls out souls isn't tangible either so obviously physical contact in that manner is unnecessary.

Kento
Then what would stop Human Realm from doing it? As you can't pull a soul out physically anyway.

NemeBro
The better question is how does said tongue expect to reach Madara? Considering he can instantly port somewhere else.

Also, Madara is not merely intangible, he does not even exist in the same dimension if he chooses not to.

King Kandy
Then what would stop Human Realm from doing it? As you can't pull a soul out physically anyway.
Because it seems like he has the actually make contact to use his power. The gedo mazo just has to have it's tongue pass over them.

Kento
Because it seems like he has the actually make contact to use his power. The gedo mazo just has to have it's tongue pass over them. Torune was able to get Madara when he was absorbed so it could be possible at that moment Madara can get his soul ripped out of him. Though that may be a very low chance of happening so.

yungz22
king just cant accept the fact that pein is not truly a god

Astner
Certainly: Itachi, Juubi, Kyuubi, Sage of the six realms

Possibly: Hachibi, Madara, Raikage, Sasuke

leonheartmm
yondaime
madara
first hokage
rikoudo
rikoudo's first two sons

i doubt any1 else cud.

CeSoir
Madara has his number. He called the kid a pawn. Pain is good but lets not forget who he is working for. Even in his weakened state Madara is beastly. I dont care if he got his arm melted, he still humiliated those guys in a dominating fashion....it wasnt a low showing for Madara.

King Kandy
Oh yes I forgot, in anime land having a higher rank = being more powerful. No doubt Madara could win at full power, but while weakened I severely doubt he can do anything but stall with teleportation. I mean if he was that strong, he wouldn't have needed Pein for his dirty work. He even admitted that he had no chance of fighting the kages and winning.

CeSoir
Oh yes I forgot, in anime land having a higher rank = being more powerful. No doubt Madara could win at full power, but while weakened I severely doubt he can do anything but stall with teleportation. I mean if he was that strong, he wouldn't have needed Pein for his dirty work. He even admitted that he had no chance of fighting the kages and winning.

If Madara takes the body to another dimension then he's done....and Madara can come out of the ground and do this. It's kind of scary even if you are Deva Pain. It is like accidentally stepping onto a black hole if Madara wants to be cheap.

King Kandy
Oh yeah, against Deva Pain he could win. I just don't think against the six paths and Nagato.

CeSoir
Oh yeah, against Deva Pain he could win. I just don't think against the six paths and Nagato.

It would depend on if they could summon the Pain out of Madara's realm since he can only get one at a time. I don't think they would be able to (seems hard to summon something from a different dimension), but then again warping six paths might be too much for him at once. In a prolonged encounter he could slowly get them one by one from under the ground and warp them into that realm of his. It really depends if they can escape or summon out of that place. Otherwise he'd successfully trap all six of them eventually with his cheap tactics.

NemeBro
Why can't Madara just port Nagato to the other dimension at the start of a fight?

the other bodies cannot function without him.

King Kandy
Why can't Nagato just remove Madara's soul at the start of the fight?

madara's body cannot function without it.

CeSoir

madara's body cannot function without it.

Madara will be phased into the Earth if that statue is out, he knows all of Pain's moves since Pain is his pawn and Zetsu has been watching him. I think Pain is stronger power wise (at blowing things up and overwhelming ninjas) but Madara has a move that looks impossible to counter. He comes up like a shark and snatches ya into a different dimension.

NemeBro

madara's body cannot function without it. Because he cannot do it instantly like Madara's time/space jutsu?

Q99
Pain could always have the jutsu-resistant one standing right next to his main body.

King Kandy
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because he cannot do it instantly like Madara's time/space jutsu?
He did it to Shizune as "instantly" as Madara ever did to anyone.

CeSoir
He did it to Shizune as "instantly" as Madara ever did to anyone.

Yeah, but he had to grab her first. That's where it becomes difficult...to grab a guy who can phase in and out of reality and travel under the Earth's surface like a shark travels through the Ocean. It'll be playing the Jaws music while Madara is pulling those bodies under one by one. wink

King Kandy
Originally posted by CeSoir
Yeah, but he had to grab her first. That's where it becomes difficult...to grab a guy who can phase in and out of reality and travel under the Earth's surface like a shark travels through the Ocean. It'll be playing the Jaws music while Madara is pulling those bodies under one by one. wink
Torune was able to touch Madara while being sucked in... why not pein?

Atsteak
Torune was able to touch Madara while being sucked in... why not pein?

Torune doesnt look like he touched Madara with his hand in the scan I have right here. Panel shows Madara at his back then Torune is already gone. I'd say he got infected because Madara accidentally bumped (better word) him or absorbing those bugs did it to him unexpectedly. Either case he didnt have time to lay a finger on Madara.

NemeBro
He did it to Shizune as "instantly" as Madara ever did to anyone. That Path had to grab her.

Said Path has not shown to be near as fast as Madara.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.