Stupid SeaWorld...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spire
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/seaworld-euthanize-whale-feds-investigate-trainer-death/story?id=9941254

Ms.Marvel
kill the ****er or release it into the wild so Chinese people can eventually kill it.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
kill the ****er or release it into the wild so Chinese people can eventually kill it. thats japanese

Blinky
Ummmm it's called a "killer whale" for a reason... leave the poor beast alone.

Ms.Marvel
the poor beast killed two dudes.

the killer whale didnt stop and say "maybe i should leave this poor guy alone"... he killed the shit out of him. we should return the favor imo.

regardless its not okay to continue to put people in harms way... if the whale has a knack for killing people it needs to somehow be prevented from doing so, weither its killed or released, something needs to happen.

Bardock42

the killer whale didnt stop and say "maybe i should leave this poor guy alone"... he killed the shit out of him. we should return the favor imo.

regardless its not okay to continue to put people in harms way... if the whale has a knack for killing people it needs to somehow be prevented from doing so, weither its killed or released, something needs to happen.

That's a bit silly. There are other dangerous jobs and places, like Doug Stanhope said, are you going to make all building one story tall so no construction workers die. As far as I know no one that didn't full well know the risks and choose to take them or that behaved like a complete idiot was killed. It's pretty simple, the whale generates a lot of revenue, the whale needs caretakers, the caretakers get paid in the knowledge of the dangers. The issue I think is more important is that this is most likely severe animal cruelty to keep whales like that.

Wild Shadow
stupid white ppl...afro

how many times you ppl need to be told leave the damn animals alone..
sheez.. you think you all learn after what happen to the crocodile hunter guy..

either way their is nothing to do to the whale just let it be. keep it away from ppl and stop trying to play or train it. i dont believe in killing an animal for being an animal, although i think the whales are intelligent enough to know what it does. sooo.. this could just be a psycho killer whale and sure as hell shouldnt be released.... but locked up and throw away the keys.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
stupid white ppl...afro

how many time syou ppl need to be told leave the damn animals alone..

either way their is nothing to do to the whale just let it be. keep it away from ppl and stop trying to play or train it. i dont believe in killing an animal for being an animal, although i think the whales are intelligent enough to know what it does. sooo.. this could just be a psycho killer whale and sure as hell shouldnt be released.... but locked up and throw away the keys.

Yeah, deffo, this is a race thing, no doubt.

LanceWindu
stupid white ppl...afro

Yes, I'm sure there's never been a minority caretaker for a whale or other wild animals. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blinky

If they had people training sharks to flipp around and let trainers rubb their bellies - would you not say "Stupid people shouldn't be treating sharks like circus seals"? A killer whale is no different.

Those people know what the risk of training a giant carniverous animal are.

People should have learned a thing or two after what happened to these idiots:
http://joeartistwriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/siegfried_roy_tiger_1_r.jpg

chomperx9
stupid white ppl...afro

how many times you ppl need to be told leave the damn animals alone..

either way their is nothing to do to the whale just let it be. keep it away from ppl and stop trying to play or train it. i dont believe in killing an animal for being an animal, although i think the whales are intelligent enough to know what it does. sooo.. this could just be a psycho killer whale and sure as hell shouldnt be released.... but locked up and throw away the keys. but if we train the animals to play basketball ? im sure there will be no problem there bugging the animals right ?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Yes, I'm sure there's never been a minority caretaker for a whale or other wild animals. roll eyes (sarcastic)

their has bn but we dont see whale parks in africa and a black trainer in the water tank,.. stick out tongue

or mexican whale parks either.

this is more of a cultural thing as much as a race thing big grin

chomperx9
their has bn but we dont see whale parks in africa and a black trainer in the water tank,.. stick out tongue

or mexican whale parks either.

this is more of a cultural thing as much as a race thing big grin here we got whale trainers in america in africa its monkey trainers. in mexico its chihuaha trainers.

and ive been to acapulco they got a water park down there with whales and dolphins

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Blinky
If they had people training sharks to flipp around and let trainers rubb their bellies - would you not say "Stupid people shouldn't be treating sharks like circus seals"? A killer whale is no different.

Those people know what the risk of training a giant carniverous whale are.
whales have higher cognitive reasoning then a shark not the same thing..

might as well compare a trained/socilaized house dog/wolf to a shark

Spire
They need to dynamite the whale and be done with it.

Making a show out of that alone would generate more revenue than they could have ever hoped for.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by chomperx9
here we got whale trainers in america in africa its monkey trainers. in mexico its chihuaha trainers.

and ive been to acapulco they got a water park down there with whales and dolphins

stop ruining my stereotype joke... with factual statements mad

now as i was saying you wont see a black man swimming in a tank and playing with a whale for various reasons most being stereotype reason like lack of swimming skills.

chomperx9
stop ruling my stereotype joke... with factual statements mad

now as i was saying you wont see ablack man swimming in a tabk and playing with a whale for various reasons most being stereotype reason like lack of swimming skills. not during playoffs you wont see em in there ever

Blinky
whales have higher cognitive reasoning then a shark not the same thing..

might as well compare a trained/socilaized house dog/wolf to a shark

So what? A angry or temperamental killer whale is just as dangerous as a great white. All that "higher cognitive reasoning " flies right out the f*cking window for an animal, once he or she is angry.

You f*ck with a bull- you get the horns.

chomperx9
apparently the whale doesnt like people and probably doesnt wanto preform and do tricks. they should just let him go back in the ocean where he belongs.

Wild Shadow
apparently the whale doesnt like people and probably doesnt wanto preform and do tricks. they should just let him go back in the ocean where he belongs. why?!! so he can hunt and kill humans? no way he shouldnt be allowed into the wild.

So what? A angry or temperamental killer whale is just as dangerous as a great white. All that "higher cognitive reasoning " flies right out the f*cking window for an animal, once he or she is angry.

You f*ck with a bull- you get the horns.

hey no need to tell me about messing with wild animals. i raised two wolf dogs and when they were growing up they would challenge me for alpha male position.. i dont blame them they did what was normal to them... i took a few scars and even got bit in the face by one while wrestling with him.... i dont blame the animal nor would i put them down. i think ppl need to realize the danger of being with wild animals and stop being shocked by them when they act like wild animals. also ur right cognitive reasoning isnt a guarantee but it does lower the chances of attacks.

shiv
so did they do the autopsy or has the woman been digested

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Spire

Making a show out of that alone would generate more revenue than they could have ever hoped for.

ZFwxH3PPWiU

chomperx9
why?!! so he can hunt and kill humans? no way he shouldnt be allowed into the wild.

hunt and kill humans ? their diet is fish. and people dont live in the water and even if they are in the water thats still the animals terroritory not the humans.

you got to africa and walk around in a jungle are all the animals just supposed to back off ?

The Nuul
The reason why a black man wouldnt be doing stuff like this its because he is too busy robbing the cashiers at Sea World.

Blinky
^ Truer words have never been spoken.

Wild Shadow
hunt and kill humans ? their diet is fish. and people dont live in the water and even if they are in the water thats still the animals terroritory not the humans.

you got to africa and walk around in a jungle are all the animals just supposed to back off ? Killer whales migrate and do hit areas where humans live and fish and canoe... wink

Bardock42

you got to africa and walk around in a jungle are all the animals just supposed to back off ? Dude's seen too many shitty horror movies.

The Nuul
Give the whale to the Chinese, they will eat him.....problem solve.

Lord Lucien
While they're snorting their crushed panda pancreas.

Wild Shadow
certain companies could have used the whale.

perfumes, grease, penis skin for interior leather covering... use the bones to make ivory whale bone brush handles..

see the problem with modern humans is they no longer know how to use what is in front of them they rather turn around and buy it then make it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Nuul
Give the whale to the Chinese, they will eat him.....problem solve.

I had whale once, it was good.

Bardock42
certain companies could have used the whale.

perfumes, grease, penis skin for interior leather covering... use the bones to make ivory whale bone brush handles..

see the problem with modern humans is they no longer know how to use what is in front of them they rather turn around and buy it then make it.

Well, that's cause it makes sense. If I know how to clean toilets very well and some other guy knows how to make ivory out of whale penises very well it makes more sense for him to do that full time and me to clean toilets and then we can trade.

Nemesis X
Wow, those people at Sea World sure are stupid. They must not want to kill the whale because getting another one would be difficult.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Bardock42
I had whale once, it was good.

i had eel once it was tasteless. also ate sea urchins slimey but okay with hot sauce.....

Ms.Marvel

Those people know what the risk of training a giant carniverous animal are.

People should have learned a thing or two after what happened to these idiots:
http://joeartistwriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/siegfried_roy_tiger_1_r.jpg

so what? i dont see how thats a justification. perhaps its just in human nature to do stupid things... and then die for it. so... maybe its just a circle of life for this whale to end up on some china man's plate because he did something he shouldnt have done.

perhaps what im not understanding is this- why is it okay for stupid humans to die, but not violent whales?

Bardock42
i had eel once it was tasteless. also ate sea urchins slimey but okay with hot sauce.....

I don't think eel is tasteless. It's pretty greasy though.

Wild Shadow
stupid humans should know better higher intelligence. also its mostly stupid white ppl.... need i remind everyone of the grizzly man and what happen to him?

velho

chomperx9
stupid humans should know better higher intelligence. also its mostly stupid white ppl.... need i remind everyone of the grizzly man and what happen to him?

velho so if it was a black trainer then it wouldnt be stupid black people right ? still blame it on the whites

Wild Shadow
name me one black trainer killed here in the united states...

Bardock42
so what? i dont see how thats a justification. perhaps its just in human nature to do stupid things... and then die for it. so... maybe its just a circle of life for this whale to end up on some china man's plate because he did something he shouldnt have done.

perhaps what im not understanding is this- why is it okay for stupid humans to die, but not violent whales?

Well, there's a few things to say about that. For one the whale was supposedly not actually trying to kill her, so I am not sure whether aggressive is the right word. More importantly though, it's not like the whale is a danger to anyone you actively have to go to him or be a complete idiot to be harmed, the woman signed up for it the idiot, was a trespassing idiot, you wouldn't destroy a bridge cause an idiot fell off it, would you? Further it is obviously a cash cow for that park so they obviously don't want it dead. Also it's not like the whale's a killer that goes out to actively murder people, what exactly would be the reason to kill him? What possible purpose could it serve? Misplaced feelings of revenge? It's not going to send a message to the other whales, it's not making the world particularly safer. You can't hold an animal acting on instinct to the same standards as a human being.

Though, ultimately I don't see a problem should they choose to euthanize him, it's just not a necessity by any means.

chomperx9
name me one black trainer killed here in the united states... i remember on the news last year in chicago some teenagers almost killed their black coach cause he was getting to abusive with them.

jinXed by JaNx
This whale didn't ask to be held prisoner and forced to perform for a bunch of over weight and unappreciative monkeys. I know that the sea world trainers deeply care about these animals and would probably rather see them be released but they still make the conscious decision to work with wild animals. One of the risks with working with wild animals is being killed by them. Killing this animal as a punishment for doing what is only natural to it would be even more cruel than capturing them and forcing them to perform stupid tricks for our enjoyment. I'm not going to say these trainers deserved what happened to them but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Is anyone surprised when a soldier is killed by a bullet or a crab fisherman drowns?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This whale didn't ask to be held prisoner and forced to perform for a bunch of over weight and unappreciative monkeys. I know that the sea world trainers deeply care about these animals and would probably rather see them be released but they still make the conscious decision to work with wild animals. One of the risks with working with wild animals is being killed by them. Killing this animal as a punishment for doing what is only natural to it would be even more cruel than capturing them and forcing them to perform stupid tricks for our enjoyment. I'm not going to say these trainers deserved what happened to them but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Is anyone surprised when a soldier is killed by a bullet or a crab fisherman drowns? if any war protesters are any indication the answer is yes. ppl are surprise of the killing and ppl being shot during war...war

i remember on the news last year in chicago some teenagers almost killed their black coach cause he was getting to abusive with them. now that is just racist..flex the kid is not an animal but a human being

The Nuul
Its just the media over playing it because its Sea World. Who the fck cares if the person is black or not.

chomperx9
if any war protesters are any indication the answer is yes. ppl are surprise of the killing and ppl being shot during war...war

now that is just racist..flex the kid is not an animal but a human being the students were black. that still racist ?

Digi
I'm not sure how such a heated racial discussion occurred over a Sea World attack. But keep it on topic. I'd rather not have to come back here because of the same reasons.

jinXed by JaNx
if any war protesters are any indication the answer is yes. ppl are surprise of the killing and ppl being shot during war...war

I think being opposed to something is different than being surprised by something.

Mindset
so if it was a black trainer then it wouldnt be stupid black people right ? still blame it on the whites If the trainer was black he would have killed the whale when it drug him in the water.

embarrasment

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mindset
If the trainer was black he would have killed the whale when it drug him in the water.

embarrasment

Yeah, but he would have died anyway because black people can't swim

Bicnarok

Mindset
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, but he would have died anyway because black people can't swim He would have crawled inside the whale and breathed his oxygen until he could be saved.

dadudemon
Just ignore the mod, guys. Who cares. sarcasm erm

The Nuul
Originally posted by Digi
I'm not sure how such a heated racial discussion occurred over a Sea World attack. But keep it on topic. I'd rather not have to come back here because of the same reasons.

Like when anything big happens weather or not its a game, movie, news or whatever....someone always has to call the racial card.

Its pretty ghey and retarded.

The Dark Cloud
The issue I think is more important is that this is most likely severe animal cruelty to keep whales like that.

I agree with this

The Nuul
The Cove anyone?

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Spire

I have a better idea. let's send you to a medical research lab where they can do experiments on you. That way we can save a few innocent rats.

chomperx9
remember free willy ? thats what they should do with the whale. he has killed 2 people before so obviosly this whale doesnt like people.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
I have a better idea. let's send you to a medical research lab where they can do experiments on you. That way we can save a few innocent rats. You start with rats, then monkeys, then humans.

Don't you know anything about science?

jaden101
Originally posted by Digi

It's a racial discussion because we're trying to determine whether it was the white half of the whale that killed the trainer or the black half...

See...Racist and on topic...Easy.

Spire
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
I have a better idea. let's send you to a medical research lab where they can do experiments on you. That way we can save a few innocent rats.

Only its not a better idea.

However, if you want a better idea, you are more than welcome to PM me for a few - $100 each of course.

Spire
Originally posted by jaden101
It's a racial discussion because we're trying to determine whether it was the white half of the whale that killed the trainer or the black half...

See...Racist and on topic...Easy.

Yes, but also, was it the black half of the whale or the white half the powers that be at SeaWorld captured and stuck in a tank.

chomperx9
when is this race crap gonna end ?

Spire
When the whales kill everyone.

chomperx9
well it was a white trainer that died so it must have been the black half of the whale that murdered as usual

Mindset
We should just replace the whale with chomper, make him perform for food, which wouldn't really be a change in his life, but it would solve this problem.

Or just feed him to the whale, w/e.

chomperx9
We should just replace the whale with chomper, make him perform for food, which wouldn't really be a change in his life, but it would solve this problem.

Or just feed him to the whale, w/e. yeah replace me with the whale for entertainment and the next time mommy and daddy take you to sea world il make sure to eat you alive just like the previous whale

Spire
Totally.

Amazing Vrayo!!
It said that the whale had been a safety hazard since '91, so not only was her job dangerous, but she wasn't doing it right; that's a deadly combination.

Mindset
yeah replace me with the whale for entertainment and the next time mommy and daddy take you to sea world il make sure to eat you alive just like the previous whale Reported for threatening my life.

chomperx9
Reported for threatening my life. your right that was totally uncalled for and i deserve the report. things like that people should think about before posting.

I mean imagine if someone did eat mindset all of us here at KMC would surely miss him of course because there is no one else on KMC that is such a good and respectful friend compared to everyone else on the site. and no the site would not be the same without him.

we would surely miss you pal crybaby

Saskaswan
Honestly people, they're Killer Whales. They're not pets or meant to be used for a show. I honestly have no sympathy for the trainers only for the whales.

Ms.Marvel
why.

the whale has never had to struggle for food in his life, as much fish as it wants, never has to worry about predators, water is always just the right temperature for its comfort.

zoo animals are treated better than many humans. they should be kissing our asses.

Saskaswan
why.

the whale has never had to struggle for food in his life, as much fish as it wants, never has to worry about predators, water is always just the right temperature for its comfort.

zoo animals are treated better than many humans. they should be kissing our asses.

I'm sorry but what predators would it have, it's top of the food chain in the wild. How would you like to be kept in a little pool all your life, no amount of fish compares to the open ocean for a whale.

Amazing Vrayo!!
If the whale has never had any time outside of the pool, then it knows nothing other than the pool. It has no idea how to hunt (because even the trainer just stood right on top of him) and it would be no competition with other killer whales in the wild. Therefore, its life in the wild would be miserable. It would feel all the joys of freedom, such as starving and dying.

Saskaswan
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
If the whale has never had any time outside of the pool, then it knows nothing other than the pool. It has no idea how to hunt (because even the trainer just stood right on top of him) and it would be no competition with other killer whales in the wild. Therefore, its life in the wild would be miserable. It would feel all the joys of freedom, such as starving and dying.

Whales have a vastly reduced life expectancy rate if they're bred in captivity also.

Wild Shadow
EBwqbqZ3L60

now this is just too cool and cute not to share showing how smart animals are..

Saskaswan
I love that penguin big grin

Wild Shadow
i use to believe when i was a kid that if there was a god that he made us caretaker to the planet and creatures...

i think we have actually forgotten to take care of the planet and its creatures centuries ago.

when i was growing up i lived up on a hill a few miles from the city.. no big deal i could run home in an hour if i wanted to... but in the hills there was trees and open grass area..

i had two wolf dogs that i raised not as pets but just as another member of the family. when they were a few months old i would keep a close eye on them and run and chase them all around the area but mostly to keep them from getting eatin by coyotes as small puppies...

i would let them come into the house and even build them a fenced area with big dog house but they never like being away from me or sleeping outside since they were too small and would freeze to death...as they got older they would chase and eat pheasants and whatever they could catch on their own. i would only bring them food if that is what they wanted, they were smart enough to turn on water facets from behind the house...

anyways a lot of ppl started to move into my area and it stop being an open wooded area and became a neighborhood with cattle fenced area paved roads more neighbors budded up to our property. it made me upset that they would call animal control on my wolf/dogs and considered them pest when it was humans who destroyed their habitat.

after that coyotes, squirrels, hawks and owls disappeared along with the woods.. my favorite part that i missed the most was the pheasants with their hatchlings in dozen shuffling along every fall..

one time a squirrel ran to me behind my leg b/c of a flying hawk was hunting him..i let it hide and even fed it.. i use to think it was funny b/c the bird would stare at him and me knowing it was protected and wouldnt come near me... the squirrel would show up every once in a while in my patio and just chill stare at me and wait for me to feed it b4 it would run off.. it would play and hang out when i was present like it knew it wouldnt be harassed by other animals especially my wolf/dogs since they new to leave animals alone on my property. what they did further in the woods was their business but animals like pheasants could not be touched...

it would be funny b/c their would be days they wouldnt leave into the woods and hang out and just lounge and just stare at pheasants eating seeds and walking in big crowds with their babies and they would get sad knowing they couldnt eat them or play with them..

a neighbor got a pitbull one day or had a pitbull and came into our property and the little haven area for the animals... and it came onto my property all belligerent dumb and it saw the pheasants and their hatchlings..

it just starting running right into them and i was angry and was running to it and yelling at the dog to leave trying to scare it off .. the pheasant parents all ran toward me trying to get closer to our property trying to reach the patio and bushes to hide in.. they were not afraid of me or my wolf/dogs. the chicks waddling along and my dogs/wolfs ran around them so not to step on them and they both tackled the pitbull....

knocking it down and they started growling and surrounding him like a pack of wolfs would.. the pitbull was too stupid although bigger then my /wolfdogs since they were still only 8 months to a yr old they would snip at it grab it hind leg.. and throat when the pit bull would try to attack the other.. they finally grabbed him by the throat and pushed him to the ground while the other bit its mussel trying to smother it to death...

once i made sure the pitbull was scared and not going to attack i had my dogs release it and let him go back to his property... a full grown pit was scared of my wolf/dogs as they hurried him along sniffing and snipping at him...

anyways my wolf/dogs belong in the woods and it was their home b4 the home development and it makes me angry.. now i have two more small dogs that my brother and i rescued one is the size of jack terrier like the dog from frashier.. the female one i got from a friend who planned on leaving her in the woods where he lived at to be eating by coyotes...i ended up taking her home instead..

i also had a ferret.. my wolf/dogs learned to protect the ferret and small dogs and show them the woods and they never let them go anywhere without them...
i use to laugh watching the small female dog chasing and carrying the ferret in its mouth thinking it was her baby... my ferret when it would get done playing with her would run off and hide in the dog house and hide with my wolf/dogs

it thought it was a wolf too b/c it was all white like my wolf/dogs and my wolf dogs would just lie their sticking their head up or on their crossed paws and my ferret would stick its head out from between their paws and hide again or he would curl up with them to go to sleep... i would make sure i check up on the ferret periodically since it was smaller then the rest of my pets and didnt want it being snatched by hawks or even possibly eagles.

but now the woods are gone we have one ranch area and the rest its a neighborhood now.. and my babies cant run free anymore.. sad

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Saskaswan
I'm sorry but what predators would it have, it's top of the food chain in the wild. How would you like to be kept in a little pool all your life, no amount of fish compares to the open ocean for a whale.

what are you talking about?

whales are endangered.

Saskaswan
what are you talking about?

whales are endangered.

I never said they weren't, what are you talking about?

Rogue Jedi
Lock up a 5 ton killing machine, this is what happens. Deal with it.

Ms.Marvel
I never said they weren't, what are you talking about?

if theyre endangered, that means theyre not at the top of the food chain, are they?

i agree. we should be macking on some whale steaks, courtesy of seaworld.

or. like. release the damn thing into the wild so it can end up greasing some of the metal parts in some dudes door a couple years later.

either way works.

Rogue Jedi
No, we should leave them in the ****ing ocean, it's cruel to lock them up.

Ms.Marvel
i edited like right before (or after!) your post.

either way, i agree that it is cruel. not for the whales sakes though, animal cruelty doesnt bother me a whole lot. it just seems like a waste of money and manpower to maintain the ****er. why risk lives and spend so much money so that we can cater to the wants of an animal thats only obligation to the betterment of our society is to do backflips and doesnt even appreciate what were doing for it?

Rogue Jedi
It's for our "entertainment." roll eyes (sarcastic)

And yes, it is cruel as **** to lock them up. Seaworld sucks ass, so does every zoo in the world.

Ms.Marvel
"entertainment" laughing out loud yeah its stupid... the only reason i could see animal confinement as justified is when its done to prevent extinction, otherwise, meh.

Rogue Jedi
They'll scream "ZOMG the animal cannot survive in the wild, we have to keep it in captivity!!!"

Yeah, maybe you shoulda thought of that before you captured the lion ad a cub and fed it alpo every day.

I was at the zoo years ago and I saw a fully grown tiger. It was pathetic. It had a glazed over look in it's eye, like it remembered the thrill of the hunt, of being free, and now it's locked in a ****ing cage. Obviously it had been caught as an adult.

I'll NEVER go back.

Lord Lucien
Zoo's were always boring as shit anyways. The only interesting exhibits were the reptiles and fish--you could actually see them, and a lot of the times they did something. An elephant or a tiger just standing there isn't entertaining.

And the cost! Sheesh.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, the zoo used to be free, WTF man?

Saskaswan
if theyre endangered, that means theyre not at the top of the food chain, are they?

i agree. we should be macking on some whale steaks, courtesy of seaworld.

or. like. release the damn thing into the wild so it can end up greasing some of the metal parts in some dudes door a couple years later.

either way works.

Are you honestly that stupid?
You think they're endangered because they have "predators". No they're low on numbers because of all the whale hunting. Killer Whales are at the top of the food chain in the ocean. They're not endangered anyway.

Mindset
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lock up a 5 ton killing machine, this is what happens. Deal with it. Killing it would be dealing with it.

Just sayin

Bicnarok
Killing it would be dealing with it.

Just sayin

or feed the sick people who put such a creature in captivity to it

Mindset
Originally posted by Bicnarok
or feed the sick people who put such a creature in captivity to it I thought that already happened?

Bardock42
I thought that already happened?

Yeah, I think that's the issue at hand, in fact.

Bardock42

either way, i agree that it is cruel. not for the whales sakes though, animal cruelty doesnt bother me a whole lot. it just seems like a waste of money and manpower to maintain the ****er. why risk lives and spend so much money so that we can cater to the wants of an animal thats only obligation to the betterment of our society is to do backflips and doesnt even appreciate what were doing for it?

Do you have stats whether the whale costs more than he brings in, cause I suppose seaworld is pretty popular.

Saskaswan

People getting killed doesn't bother me anyway, how could you care for such a selfish race anyway right?

Mr. Rhythmic
Ummmm it's called a "killer whale" for a reason... leave the poor beast alone.

That "Poor beast" killed three people.

Either kill it or toss it into the ocean.

Bardock42
People getting killed doesn't bother me anyway, how could you care for such a selfish race anyway right?

We are not the only selfish race, in fact we are probably the only one with higher understanding of selflessness at all.

Mr. Rhythmic
Honestly people, they're Killer Whales. They're not pets or meant to be used for a show. I honestly have no sympathy for the trainers only for the whales.

I have sympathy for both. The trainers are doing their jobs like anyone else. They aren't abusers, but they do get paid to train an animal. They don't deserve to die more or less than any other worker trying to get money, especially when at this point the whale wouldn't know what to do in the wild anyways.
However, I find whale training to be a job in which it's hard to call someone a badguy. The whale gets sympathy for its imprisonment, but it's not like it doesn't get fed, given attention, and given swimming space. The trainer has a job I don't find too respectable, making it their job to entertain others with another being. However, they need a job like everyone else, and there are a lot of animals that enjoy their life in entertainment.

Sea World does have regulations against cruelty, so the trainer couldn't have been abusive, and since the killer whale killed two other people, it is most likely a dangerous and aggressive whale. Death doesn't have to be its only option, as you could easily send him into the sea. Sure, the whale won't know what to do, but it's his/her fault for killing people.

Mr. Rhythmic
We are not the only selfish race, in fact we are probably the only one with higher understanding of selflessness at all.

Humans, like creatures, are all different one way or another. Generalizing us as selfish or selfless only works for some of our race. I've met some nice people who care about all creatures, and I've met heartless people who only care about themselves. Same goes for the whale. There are some killer whales that are peaceful and loving, while others are violent and dangerous.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Humans, like creatures, are all different one way or another. Generalizing us as selfish or selfless only works for some of our race. I've met some nice people who care about all creatures, and I've met heartless people who only care about themselves. Same goes for the whale. There are some killer whales that are peaceful and loving, while others are violent and dangerous.

That's kinda what I meant. We at least have the capabilities to consider such matter and perhaps decide. Most animals are in many ways fully tied to their instincts, which often would be considered most selfish.

As for the whale killing people, it wasn't clarified too much in the stories I read, but it was somewhat implied that he didn't maliciously kill people, like he didn't eat them or anything, but rather that he was "playing". About the first incident in the nineties I have heard nothing except for "he was linked to an incident", the second was a guy who snug into his tank and apparently was held under water while trying to swim with the whale, though honestly, how would the whale know that a guy needs to breath every minute...

allofyousuckkk
is there a video of this?

and contrary to what everyone is saying, whales do become aggressive and do try and hurt their trainers from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af67qv5Dzg

I'd like to see the videos from what happened last week

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
is there a video of this?

and contrary to what everyone is saying, whales do become aggressive and do try and hurt their trainers from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af67qv5Dzg

I'd like to see the videos from what happened last week

if you want to post the video..... brackets youtube.... then paste the numbers at the end of the equal sign.......5Af67qv5Dzg then close it off with the bracket /youtube

5Af67qv5Dzg

Mindset
Yeah, I think that's the issue at hand, in fact. Really?

I thought we were talking about lasagna recipes?

Bardock42
Why, you got a good one?

Mindset
EDIT

Bardock42
That's not parsley.

Saskaswan
EDIT

Mindset
That's not parsley. I agree, it's garbage.

The Nuul
In time theres always a risk that a animal/mammal will go nuts and attack their trainer. Its nature and the trainer has to be prepared for this moment.

Ms.Marvel
Are you honestly that stupid?
You think they're endangered because they have "predators". No they're low on numbers because of all the whale hunting. Killer Whales are at the top of the food chain in the ocean. They're not endangered anyway.

we're not predators? erm

*facepalm*

how do you define a "predator"?

selfish people like yourself? wink i admit, it does become difficult to feel compassion for people like you you.

joking aside though, that a stupid question.

REXXXX
Whoa guys, remember that posting pictures with harsh language is the same as posting the words themselves. Don't do it.

NemeBro
Kill it or put it back in the ocean. Either solve the problem. Though from what I have heard the deaths it caused were not maliciously done so, if that is true it makes more sense to just release it.

It has killed three people, clearly something about it makes it sufficiently dangerous, keeping it is too great a risk.

Bardock42
I agree, it's garbage. Actually I think it was basil.

Bardock42
we're not predators? erm

*facepalm*

how do you define a "predator"?

selfish people like yourself? wink i admit, it does become difficult to feel compassion for people like you you.

joking aside though, that a stupid question.

Well, come on though, you get what he means. He says they are top of the food chain, excluding us, that's fair enough to say. Not sure if it is true though.

dadudemon
Well, come on though, you get what he means. He says they are top of the food chain, excluding us, that's fair enough to say. Not sure if it is true though.

It's true enough. If it can be hunted and killed, it is prey.

Since there is pretty much no animal that we cannot hunt and kill, that makes humans the highest predaotr. Sure, we can be attacked and eaten by other animals: but far more often than we are attacked, we hunt and kill anything.

Darth Jello
Orcas and cetaceans in general don't attack humans as a rule and in fact have been known for saving drowning humans for thousands of years. This stuff happens in captivity because you have false bonding with other whales as well as rampant disease. No matter how smart, cute, cuddly, and friendly an animal generally is, when it's sick and confused, it's going to **** you up.

botankus
Yeah, deffo, this is a race thing, no doubt.
Figuring out if the killer whale was black with white stripes or vice versa is the only way we're going to get to the bottom of this racist hate crime.

Ms.Marvel

that is true... but why would you exclude humans? theyre animals...

the only reason this is even being discussed is because i said that whales at the least dont have to worry about being hunted and killed in captivity... to which he replied that theyre not hunted and killed in the wild... which is untrue. just because theyre not eaten by sharks doesnt mean there arent animals out there killing them.

if it wasnt for our compassion they would all probably be gone by now.

dadudemon
the only reason this is even being discussed is because i said that whales at the least dont have to worry about being hunted and killed in captivity... to which he replied that theyre not hunted and killed in the wild... which is untrue. just because theyre not eaten by sharks doesnt mean there arent animals out there killing them.

Wha...?

Killer whales are quite literally the Apex Predators of the ocean. They have no natural predators. They are literally the ultimate. The only animals that MAY prey on a killer whale are humans.

Now, there very well COULD be other animals killing killer whales, but that's not how you define who is a predator and who is a prey. Always, the weak and the sick will be eaten, if the pod doesn't protect them well enough.

And, no, if it were not for humans, they'd still be thriving more than ever, right now.

Edit - You may be talking about something else because you said "whales."

Depends on the whale...but...most whales don't have any predators after them either...except for humans.

Rogue Jedi
Pod of Dolphins>Great White.

dadudemon
Pod of Dolphins>Great White.

1 average adult orca > 1 large female Great White

Rogue Jedi
yes

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wha...?

Killer whales are quite literally the Apex Predators of the ocean. They have no natural predators. They are literally the ultimate. The only animals that MAY prey on a killer whale are humans.

Now, there very well COULD be other animals killing killer whales, but that's not how you define who is a predator and who is a prey. Always, the weak and the sick will be eaten, if the pod doesn't protect them well enough.

And, no, if it were not for humans, they'd still be thriving more than ever, right now.

Edit - You may be talking about something else because you said "whales."

Depends on the whale...but...most whales don't have any predators after them either...except for humans.

that is my point no expression

Darth Jello
Pod of Dolphins>Great White. Outside of humans, dolphins are actually known sadists, occasionally going out of their way to kill other animals just for the hell of it.

dadudemon

Which one?

I made lots of points.

Also, it was this portion of your post, in particular, that makes me wonder:

just because theyre not eaten by sharks doesnt mean there arent animals out there killing them.

That, coupled with this:

Rather odd when it is really just one animal species causing them problems, Home Sapiens.

It also feels weird that you'd refer to humans in a conversation with humans, as animals (plural) because that's not usually done in a conversation, unless it's more academic. In which case, it's usually singular "animal" if it refers to one specific species.

Ms.Marvel
so... my word usage confused you?

i dunno. the people i talk to IRL refer to humans as "animals" when talking about animals in general... i guess im just used to it.

Bardock42
Actually being top of the food chain doesn't necessarily mean that you won't die out. There are other factors flowing into that, even beside human intervention.

Ms.Marvel
what is your post in reference too? laughing out loud

or are you just throwing random logical statements out there for the hell of it stick out tongue

dadudemon
so... my word usage confused you?

Wouldn't be the first time that that's happened to me because I assumed someone meant something in a commonly used way or an uncommonly used way.

i dunno. the people i talk to IRL refer to humans as "animals" when talking about animals in general... i guess im just used to it.

That's not what I meant or was talking about, though.

This is what I was talking about:

"Rather odd when it is really just one animal species causing them problems, Home Sapiens.

It also feels weird that you'd refer to humans in a conversation with humans, as animals (plural) because that's not usually done in a conversation, unless it's more academic. In which case, it's usually singular "animal" if it refers to one specific species."

Bardock42
what is your post in reference too? laughing out loud

or are you just throwing random logical statements out there for the hell of it stick out tongue

The latter, changing the world one random true statement on a random movie forum at a time.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Whales have a vastly reduced life expectancy rate if they're bred in captivity also. yo quiero proof cuz that sounds like bullshit.

Ms.Marvel
That's not what I meant or was talking about, though.

This is what I was talking about:

"Rather odd when it is really just one animal species causing them problems, Home Sapiens.

It also feels weird that you'd refer to humans in a conversation with humans, as animals (plural) because that's not usually done in a conversation, unless it's more academic. In which case, it's usually singular "animal" if it refers to one specific species."

well im not a usual person stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I just went to the bathroom and freed Willy.

Wild Shadow
the one with the limp dorsal fin? blink

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it wasn't masturbation. It was pewp.

Mindset
Why do people like whales so much, they are obviously (a)ssholes.

chomperx9
Why do people like whales so much, they are obviously (a)ssholes. why are they @ssholes ? just because one killed a human ? humans have killed other humans before that doesnt make every person in the world an @sshole. except for the ones in NY but thats it.

Mindset
why are they @ssholes ? just because one killed a human ? humans have killed other humans before that doesnt make every person in the world an @sshole. except for the ones in NY but thats it. Have you ever tried having a conversation with a whale?

<insert mom joke>

chomperx9
Have you ever tried having a conversation with a whale?

<insert mom joke> not really. ive spoken to dogs and parrots thats just about it

i've been to seaworld many times.

it's ashame how they keep all the animals for the tricks.

if they don't want to do it, they shouldn't be forced.

i remember someone telling me once about the shamu show getting canceled just because he wouldn't do his tricks.

well do you blame him?

the reason why accidents such as this happens is purely because they get sick of being bossed around.

give the animals some freedom, it's not difficult

Saskaswan

No that wasn't your point, you said the exact opposite of him.

Bardock42
Originally posted by avatar of agony
i've been to seaworld many times.

it's ashame how they keep all the animals for the tricks.

if they don't want to do it, they shouldn't be forced.

i remember someone telling me once about the shamu show getting canceled just because he wouldn't do his tricks.

well do you blame him?

the reason why accidents such as this happens is purely because they get sick of being bossed around.

give the animals some freedom, it's not difficult

Yeah, and the way to do it is by showing the how much you approve by going to sea world many times and giving them loads of money.

botankus
What about the tropical minnows confined to a 2x2' tank who don't get slabs of fish fed to them after every jump? How come nobody is standing up to defend their rights?

Yeah, and the way to do it is by showing the how much you approve by going to sea world many times and giving them loads of money.

well if no one went, then there'd be no point in keeping it open.

there's more to seaworld than an animal show, you know

jinXed by JaNx
Lock up a 5 ton killing machine, this is what happens. Deal with it.

This is where the thread should have closed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by botankus
What about the tropical minnows confined to a 2x2' tank who don't get slabs of fish fed to them after every jump? How come nobody is standing up to defend their rights?

Something about anthropomorphisms, higher intelligence (relative to fish), and the very real personality of the animal, makes it difficult for people to accept the same state/arguments for fish as the orca. laughing

Ms.Marvel
No that wasn't your point, you said the exact opposite of him.
no expression

we're not predators? erm

*facepalm*

just because theyre not eaten by sharks doesnt mean there arent animals out there killing them.

whales don't have any predators after them either...except for humans.

you'll get it if you read it enough times.

botankus
Got a simple question here. If a freak show trainer stepped into a cage with his mentally challenged midget performer and was hacked to death with an axe, would people blame the trainer or the midget?

Wild Shadow
umm... both? confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>